• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
No, you missed my point.

Depending on the gear, certain items that give you crit % are better for DPS than hit %. While +hit will reduce your misses, a good +crit item will make up for the extra misses with giant crit DPS.

After around 12% +hit, you're pretty much better off going for +crit%.

There's a guy on the warrior forums that did all the math on hit/crit and figured out the optimal gear. I'm sure someone on the rogue forum has done the same.

But i'm not your average rogue, I'm relying heavily on procs. Regardless I'm not going to get much more +hit than what I got now, there's just not enough gear to do so.

Deg

Banned
I've been playing for two months and i am only lvl 33. How do you guys level so fast!?

The only good Alliance city is Stormwind. Horde wins for being more functional. Undead city is the only weak one. I hear Night Elves have it worst.

Deg

Banned
Ramirez said:
All about experience Deg,most of the people here have been playin the game since release or a little after...
You have to be a robot to be that fast from what i can tell. Earning xp is done through giving in quests and killing stuff. Anything i am missing?

border

I think he's referring to people that said they made it to 60 in 13-14 days.....which would be a pretty insane grind. I thought that they were referring to total playtime, not calendar days..

I guess 60 is do-able in a couple weeks, but you would pretty much have to have no job and no life.

fallout

Yeah, I started playing in mid May and hit 60 in late January-ish? I probably could have taken longer or gone faster, but I just played at my own pace. If there was anything robotic about it, I would've stopped playing long ago.

EDIT: Ha, yeah, when I said "20 days or so", I was referring to total playtime, so like, 480 hours.

border

Nobody ever believes it when you tell them, but there's not much point in rushing to 60 anyhow. Most experienced players advise against that sort of thing.

fallout

Yeah, I just did what was fun and just kind of ... hit 60. It's not like there's a shortage of anything to do and I don't recall ever grinding once.

border said:
Nobody ever believes it when you tell them, but there's not much point in rushing to 60 anyhow. Most experienced players advise against that sort of thing.

Well, when I worked on my alt, I knew where was quickest and easiest for him (lots of dodging and low armor? Im there dude), so that sped it up. Plus I would from time to time just get "the urge" to grind for a few hours right then and there, no messing around. It wasn't anxiety-based, just went to it and felt good doing it.

I have a question about the armor sets...You have to have the full Tier 0 set, to do the quest to upgrade them? Or can you quest to upgrade individual pieces?

fallout

ToyMachine228 said:
I have a question about the armor sets...You have to have the full Tier 0 set, to do the quest to upgrade them? Or can you quest to upgrade individual pieces?
From what I understand, you have to do them in order, but you only have to have the next piece to continue.

Ramirez

Anyone got a patch notes list?I clicked mine off before I could read them and can't seem to find any way to bring them back up :lol

pxleyes

Banned
Ramirez said:
Anyone got a patch notes list?I clicked mine off before I could read them and can't seem to find any way to bring them back up :lol

Little to no changes from the beta patch notes, so just use those as reference since its way too long to post here.

fallout said:
From what I understand, you have to do them in order, but you only have to have the next piece to continue.

That sounds better. I have the Shadowcraft Bracers and Pants still...But I vendored the other pieces when I got upgrades...I believe the Bracers are the first step of the quest line, so at least I can upgrade those. I can see a lot of people who previously vendored their stuff being angry though.

yacobod

Banned
in our 2nd night in BWL we downed razorgore last night

we'll down him again on wed, and get some good attempts at vael

the repair bills hurt

Yay blizzard, thanks for fucking breaking Alterac Valley. HK Farming FTW lolz Ktx.

Youre right tho Paladins needed another few buffs to casting cost/time and range. I mean the 3-4 people it takes to down one at level 60 in PVP isnt enough! lets shoot for 5 required lolz.

Least warlocks didnt get touched much. The Deathcoil nerf makes sense and curse cost reductions are nice. I dont fuck around with shadowburn since im Afflict so the rest doesnt affect me much.

Glad Priests got revamped, they needed it.

A year and a half and 1 trillion Flash Heals later, Blizzard finally realized that GHeal casting times were just too much for an everyday heal in a nontrivial situation. Thank goodness for the talent changes and cast time changes, now every healbot priests will be able to be a good deal more efficient. Yay!

Actually, my favorite change from this patch is probably the instance caps. Alliance on my server is full of terrible, terrible PvE'ers and maybe not being able to zerg loot (and thus having to learn how to play) will actually start making PUGs more enjoyable-I've done pretty much guild groups only since coming back because the players are just that bad in PUGs.

Ramirez

Yay blizzard, thanks for fucking breaking Alterac Valley. HK Farming FTW lolz Ktx

It's hard to break the absolute worst instance in the game :lol

On Eredar,the Horde has an average of at least 7-10 botters in the cave soaking up turn ins,it had to be done,people are leeches,so you have to make them earn it,maybe now people will try to learn the area and actually play it how it was supposed to be played instead of going AFK for a week and getting some free epics.

All I do is PvE these days. So fun. Ill have to raid a few times for equipment tho, I mean I do ok against alliance cause theyre bad players, but enough super duper purple glowing gear can still shut me down cause in the end the numbers and resistances rule the outcome.

WedgeX

Banned
Ramirez said:
On Eredar,the Horde has an average of at least 7-10 botters in the cave soaking up turn ins,it had to be done,people are leeches,so you have to make them earn it,maybe now people will try to learn the area and actually play it how it was supposed to be played instead of going AFK for a week and getting some free epics.

Alliance on Gul'Dan has tons of afkers for AV too. Hopefully there will be less of them now.

That or they will specifically try to stalemate the games to soak up HKs now.

ToyMachine228 said:

you need the bracers to start the quest line and the quest lines are class specific. You also need the peice you upgrading in the order the quests go. Honestly as a MM/Sv hunter who gives 2 shits about his pet dungeon set 2 is crap as far as bonues on individual parts. Especially since you have to pay up to 150G total plue buy ridiculous mats. I'll just continue to do MC on weekends for GS parts 2/8 so far sadly only he boots (I won) belt in a differnt guilds run (i won) the gloves, bracers (2x) and the pants have dropped in over a month of doing MC 3times a week. Oddly more Felheart then was needed has dropped.

With the BS set nerf coming I already started on a alternate BS set form DM/Scholo/ZG.

Ramirez said:
It only took my Shaman 8 days of game time to hit 60 and I never grinded with her once,all about instances and quests...

Took my 3rd hunter attempt 20 days and my warrior 15 days. I really didn't grind just quested and had some fun chaseing horde aroudn with my warrior.

pxleyes said:
still waiting for the servers to go back up...

Supposedly 1:00 PST. Which is 4:00 EST. My guild does MC Tuesdays at 6:30 so I hope everyone is able to get the patch and their mods working by then.

I was thinking starting to make my own WarCraft videos but...I have no idea how to use my capture card. It's a cheap piece of junk I guess. Any alternatives?

SaitoH

murloc4kl.jpg

so what are the new caps on scholo, strat, and ubrs lbrs? and is the loot quality increased much?

I signed up for the game again about a month ago, but sadly haven't gotten into it as much as I wish. I just seem to never have a free 2-3 hours to do the 40 man content.

But if strat,ubrs and that kinda stuff becomes acessible to quick 5 man groups, I'd be fun as hell, and I'd definitely come back long term. And if MAF and tekno would ever hit 60....., that be ever better :D

Does anyone happen to have screens of weather effects?

wowscrnshot0327062200365zk.jpg

weather effects in goldshire

anywho....the effects didn't slow down my PC at all with everything at max...IF is a side show when I first zone in though.

What makes the weather effects are the sound effects, oddly when you enter the inn your screen is still foggy then "poof" becomes clear when your in the middle of the inn.

Ramirez said:
It's hard to break the absolute worst instance in the game :lol

I like AV; reminds me of Shadowbane's sieges in ways, (that, and Bloodscalp Horde work the alliance over like you wouldn't believe). Now, I got a Priest who I'd like to get the epic ring and off-hands for, but is currently stuck at just shy of Revered. Ah well, it's not like turning in blood/meat/armor, or doing quests for riders and ground troops actually HELPED, right? Healing only gets you guard aggro, right? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom