• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaitoH

Apple Jax said:
Discord isn't working.

CTRA isn't working.

There may be others... but these two are MAJOR for me. Anyone get/have these running on this patch?

FIX: Go into your DiscordActionBars folder and delete the DAB_AutoCastHooks.lue file.

Fixed discord for me.

hobart

I can redo the bindings... no worries. Thnx for the tip... I'll tell you later if it works.

(Damn UI looks terrible when it isn't mine)

Boomer

ManaByte said:
Logged in, and spiders and scorpions in Silithis are basically extinct with people trying to get the stuff needed for their T .5 stuff.

The Deathmist bracers need:

15 Silithis Venom Samples
1 Dreadmist Bracer
20 Gold

The Venom Samples seem to be uncommon drops.

That's funny, I had to farm 15 blood from bears or tigers in Winterspring for my Deathmist bracers.

border

Like a goofball, the first thing I did was hop on a multi-leg flight out to Silithus.....before I picked up the bracers quest :lol If only you could cancel the extra hops in mid-flight...

I don't have those damn Shadowcraft gloves so I have been checking the auction for them, since they are boe now. I haven't seen any yet but some dude had put Shadowcraft belt up for a 90 gold buyout. Two weeks ago I bought the same belt for 14 gold from some guy so I could make a little profit once the patch was here. Anyways I put the belt up for a 50g buyout thinking that people would buy my belt over the other one. Sure enough 10 minutes later some dude bought it.

I just know I will be spending even more gold buying the gloves.

border

Upgraded to my Tier .5 bracers pretty quickly -- it seems like the Venom drop rate has increased a good deal.

Next upgrade looks like it is going to be VERY expensive. Not only does the quest NPC demand 40g but almost all of the mats are crafted items, and Auction House prices are already through the roof. I'm not sure if I should buy now or risk that prices with go up even further. Anybody know where I can get Volcanic Ash for the quest?

Has anyone written a guide for all the armor upgrade quests?

fallout

Haven't really been able to play, so just a quick question ... anyone figured out the quest exp ==> gold conversion? Spent some time poking around the test realm forum a week ago and couldn't find anything.

explodet

fallout said:
Haven't really been able to play, so just a quick question ... anyone figured out the quest exp ==> gold conversion? Spent some time poking around the test realm forum a week ago and couldn't find anything.
From what I heard, 1600XP = 1g

SaitoH

border said:
Upgraded to my Tier .5 bracers pretty quickly -- it seems like the Venom drop rate has increased a good deal.

Next upgrade looks like it is going to be VERY expensive. Not only does the quest NPC demand 40g but almost all of the mats are crafted items, and Auction House prices are already through the roof. I'm not sure if I should buy now or risk that prices with go up even further. Anybody know where I can get Volcanic Ash for the quest?

Has anyone written a guide for all the armor upgrade quests?

A chunk of info

I got my rogue bracers, belt and gloves. Gotta do the 45 min baron run to continue.

Deg said:
Yeah Hunters have had afew bad surprises not mentioned in the change list. Need to play more and decide. Stupid thing to do by Blizzard. If i had known about these changes i probably wouldnt have taken Hunter Class. At least in BF2 you arent stuck with a class if they make changes. Stupidity.

So far I noticed

- Any little thing dazes you when AotC is on

- No aimed shot animation

- Sometimes no Volley animation

- FD not always taking out of combat so far:
FD bar comes up but your still standing
FD works but go to lay a trap and "your still in combat
FD works but a mob is still beating on you

- Traps are visible...not stealthed...visible. I got jumped by horde flying to my corpse I see 2 horde hunters 2 pets standing over 2 traps.

- Cat pets Woof and Growl druing thier idol animation....honestly this is a stupid bug but a very emabrassing one how stupid do you have to be to not know cats don't go Woof or bark. I guess blizzard devs never had a see and say when they were kids. You know that thing pull the cord "the cow goes Mooooo"

- Beatstalker Armor is crap now. Bonuses like +4 to guns/bow/x-bows, +60 to ranged atp gone for armor and a chance to get mana...a very small chance. I USED to use my BS peices and hold my GS/ DM gear on the side cause the full BS set would give me more DPS and attack power. Now I just wear BS Helm/shoulders/wrists/pants GS belt and boots, Ogre Forged Something or other with +3 to all stats. Beastmaster armor is nothing to write homeabout either...I'm a MM/SV hunter I could give a crap about my pets crit. I wouldn't mind it so much IF...IF...they gave the GS set a new bonus for having 3.

I've HEARD of these bugs/nerfs and have yet to test them:

- FT's don't work on laval surgers, as far as I knew they never did. I know WC doesn't why would FT

- Rogues can stealth and WALK right over your trap.

- Warriors can charge over traps and nothing. Pre 1.9 they could charge, hit you and then get trapped.

- MASSIVE DPS nerf to the point of there being no point in being a hunter. Now I still use an ABB and I haven't noticed a difference at all. FYI the ABB is a 2.8 ats bow so that may be why.

Apprently I'm also the only Night Elf hunter who isn't bothered by the SM nerf, I alos did notice something that Imp WC is procing A LOT more.

Ferrio

Banned
Great Wasabi Man said:
- Rogues can stealth and WALK right over your trap.

Nope. Though Traps have always been buggy, this is somethign I've noticed in my life versus hunters. Even if you see where a trap is, you can be far away from it and get trapped (many a times this happens when I'm barely in disarm trap range, yet it triggers on me). Or sometimes you can stand ontop of it and not get trapped. I've always figured it had something to do with client and server side lag differences. Client think it's in one place when in actuality it's not.

- Warriors can charge over traps and nothing. Pre 1.9 they could charge, hit you and then get trapped.

Nope, seen many a warriors get smacked by it even after patch.

- MASSIVE DPS nerf to the point of there being no point in being a hunter. Now I still use an ABB and I haven't noticed a difference at all. FYI the ABB is a 2.8 ats bow so that may be why.
The damage normalization is not a massive dps nerf, and doesn't even have to be considered a nerf. Yes slower weapons will now do less damage, but the faster weapons will do more damage. My hunter friend so far been happy with it since his stiker's mark does more damage now. It's give and take, and it allows all bows to be equally good. Before I get slammed because I"m a rogue, same thing happened to us and I'm glad it happened.. There was no reason a lvl 52 rare dagger should be doing more damage than a lvl 60 epic dagger just because it was slower.

Great Wasabi Man said:
- MASSIVE DPS nerf to the point of there being no point in being a hunter.
LOL! Jesus Christ, whine more.

Warriors and rogues adjusted to the damage normalization a few patches ago. Hunters will adjust and quit crying eventually as well.

RonaldoSan said:
I don't have those damn Shadowcraft gloves so I have been checking the auction for them, since they are boe now. I haven't seen any yet but some dude had put Shadowcraft belt up for a 90 gold buyout. Two weeks ago I bought the same belt for 14 gold from some guy so I could make a little profit once the patch was here. Anyways I put the belt up for a 50g buyout thinking that people would buy my belt over the other one. Sure enough 10 minutes later some dude bought it.

I just know I will be spending even more gold buying the gloves.

I've been doing the same. Play less but learning the way thru MC costing you repair bill? No problem! :D

ManaByte

HOLY SHIT.

Dreadmist Bracers on Feathermoon Horde side went from 30g buyouts before the patch to 150g+ after the patch!

fallout

A Cord of Elements is selling for 150g BO on Stormreaver ... or at least, it's trying to be sold for that much. I bought mine a week ago for 15g, which was a steal from the normal 40-60ish I see.

Hunters really are a broken class. Blizzard has no idea how to treat them, and I doubt things will ever get better. And I'm not even talking about bugs or assinine pvp balancing like traps.

From retail till summer 05 hunters had shit dps, then they made aimed shot pure 3 second cast. Still shit dps, but better. Then they change auto-shot into an actual attack and not a spell, shots no longer reset auto-shot. Good dps. Talent revamp. No real change in DPS aside from Beast Mastery and some actual survival talents in survival tree. Shortly thereafter BM nerfed, no longer any dps upgrade from talent revamp.

All the while Hunters having the worst itemization of any class in game.

Enter normalization. Which does nothing. Hunter DPS has been purely about spamming aimed shot, since they stupidly made aimed shot a locked casting time spell (Which was the easiest way to make hunter DPS not suck back then). Nothing else. Simply hit the aimed shot button as often as you fucking can, doing whatever else you can inbetween.

Using any of these shitcore bows which the normalization "helped" is still just gimping yourself. Not only do they have wierd timing rates, as in you'd be waiting a while after aimed cooled down for next auto shot so it wouldn't be wasted, but just the fact that you have to sit there for 3 seconds to fire an aimed shot gimps you on the fact you are losing dps you could be auto-shooting.

Eh, I've lost focus of what I'm bitching about. Hunters are a stupid class and their itemization fucking blows. Just the fact that they are trying to buff the tweaker fire style of huntard when I can almost blow an 18 slot quiver already in a raid without any repeat fights proves it.

Deg

Banned
Either my traps are always failing or they arent working anymore. Havent had one successful trap since the patch.

Also when i used aimed shot the animation doesnt show most of the time making it confusing.

SaitoH

Tried Scholo last night. Out of the last 6 mini-bosses only Alexi Barov dropped a blue. The others dropped either a skin of shadow, or a dark rune.

Kinda prefer the old greens. >_>

Deg: Played with 2 hunters in scholo and traps were working fine.

Ramirez

I played my hunter for a bit yesterday and didn't really notice any differences,granted I was just killing the WS ghosts,but my damage seemed the same.

I didn't think they could make Scholomance suck more, but it seems that they have. Total crap for drops on the Scholo six before the headmaster. Just as much repetitve, easy-as-hell trash as before.

On the other hand, a big YAY for UBRS changes. They must have taken out 1/3 of the mobs in Drakkisath's room, much faster now. They haven't changed much with respect to Stratholme, other than that:

1) Forrester is always up and is very easy to get to from UD Stratholme for the Mage boot tier 0 item if you need it.
2) A couple of pulls were removed.
3) There seems to be more holy water in the crates, probably to make doing the Baron easier (use Holy Water instead of caster AE, works great).

Onyxia seems to have gone wacky this patch. :(

ZOMG...its fixed

so, whats the deal with ony?

havent attempted her since patch but people are talking about her being bugged....anyone know what the deal is?

lemme juts quote myself cause people think I'm whining....

I've HEARD of these bugs/nerfs and have yet to test them:

Apprently I'm also the only Night Elf hunter who isn't bothered by the SM nerf, I alos did notice something that Imp WC is procing A LOT more.

Wow it's like the WoW forums I could just post "Hunter" and gibberish afterwords and you'll get ZOMG hunters! posts

fallout

Great Wasabi Man said:
Wow it's like the WoW forums I could just post "Hunter" and gibberish afterwords and you'll get ZOMG hunters! posts
Heh, well, everything else, I leave up to hunters, but the SM "nerf" is a bug fix and night elf hunters know it.

SaitoH said:
Apparently she does deep breath every 30 seconds no matter what.

Are you serious? I hope not, my guild is supposed to do Onyxia tonight and I'm waiting for Vis'Kag the Bloodletter to drop.

Just read two supposed new features for PvP in Patch 1.12 including...

- You will be entered in a group upon entering a Battleground
- Siege vehicles will be implemented

Ferrio

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Are you serious? I hope not, my guild is supposed to do Onyxia tonight and I'm waiting for Vis'Kag the Bloodletter to drop.

Hahahahahahaha
:(

I've been killing Ony for 6-7 months week in week out... that fucking thing hasn't dropped once for us. The fact that I got a Legendary Sword before even SEEING a Vis'kag drop is mind boggling.

Bloodscalp fall down go BOOM. Once before Baron run on Tuesday, twice during MC, once afterwards during UBRS. This is annoying. The bosses' drops have been beefed up from UBRS, though, and we literally found 5 BOE tier 0 stuff just in half a run, too (both pets were dismissed before Rend event, but the server bugged and sent the gallery after us anyways).

I hope MC goes well tonight; we're behind schedule both time-wise and progress-wise.

Deg

Banned
Anyone else having problems with not being able to ressurect over your dead body? happened to me several times.

shoplifter

No, but I see there's more server asshattery going on tonight. Awesome, I love not being able to play a game I pay for.

edit: I take that back, a guildie was having issues with that last night. He had to log out to fix it.

Ferrio

Banned
Finally got to see weather!

wowrain.jpg

My guild did Onyxia tonight. First attempt, she does deep breath about 5 times in 20 seconds. Literally. We finally got her down after like 4 attempts, but man was it humbling wiping on a boss we hadn't wiped on in about 6 months. Still, I kinda like the buggy Onyxia. It keeps you on your toes and keeps the noob guilds from getting free T2 equipment.

"They didn't say that, from what I saw. He said "bigger battlegrounds" before editing it, which seems to me that 1.12 will introduce cross-realm grouping."

:/

Not sure how I feel about that idea. It would cut down queues, for sure, but at the same time I think it ruins the PvP Sub-community.

Teknopathetic said:
:/

Not sure how I feel about that idea. It would cut down queues, for sure, but at the same time I think it ruins the PvP Sub-community.
I would assume Blizzard would have separate queues for in-realm and multi-realm Battlegrounds.

Shouta

Son of Godzilla said:
Hunters really are a broken class. Blizzard has no idea how to treat them, and I doubt things will ever get better. And I'm not even talking about bugs or assinine pvp balancing like traps.

From retail till summer 05 hunters had shit dps, then they made aimed shot pure 3 second cast. Still shit dps, but better. Then they change auto-shot into an actual attack and not a spell, shots no longer reset auto-shot. Good dps. Talent revamp. No real change in DPS aside from Beast Mastery and some actual survival talents in survival tree. Shortly thereafter BM nerfed, no longer any dps upgrade from talent revamp.

All the while Hunters having the worst itemization of any class in game.

Enter normalization. Which does nothing. Hunter DPS has been purely about spamming aimed shot, since they stupidly made aimed shot a locked casting time spell (Which was the easiest way to make hunter DPS not suck back then). Nothing else. Simply hit the aimed shot button as often as you fucking can, doing whatever else you can inbetween.

Using any of these shitcore bows which the normalization "helped" is still just gimping yourself. Not only do they have wierd timing rates, as in you'd be waiting a while after aimed cooled down for next auto shot so it wouldn't be wasted, but just the fact that you have to sit there for 3 seconds to fire an aimed shot gimps you on the fact you are losing dps you could be auto-shooting.

Eh, I've lost focus of what I'm bitching about. Hunters are a stupid class and their itemization fucking blows. Just the fact that they are trying to buff the tweaker fire style of huntard when I can almost blow an 18 slot quiver already in a raid without any repeat fights proves it.

I haven't been playing all that long but even I can see Hunter doesn't really fit into the scheme of things and Blizzard doesn't really know what to do with them. You aren't alone in that regard. The entire way Hunter is set up from its skills to its Trees (both pre and post change) are pretty shallow in general and many of the changes are all over the place. I love playing Hunter but it really does feel limited in play. I mean crap, we've got 4 skills that can be used for direct damage and one that causes DOT out of all our ranged skills and each of those skills have problems themselves.

Ehh hunters have a role: long-term sustained relatively aggroless range dps. Hunters don't really have to slow down or stop dps, which is unlike the other classes around in the game.

Now the execution of said role, is where hunters worry.

firex

Every class gets oversimplified in raid encounters, really. Save for the odd enemy that needs one specific crowd control spell to handle it, or Razorgore.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
They didn't say that, from what I saw. He said "bigger battlegrounds" before editing it, which seems to me that 1.12 will introduce cross-realm grouping.

They mention siege vehicles on BlizzPlanet.Com, which is where I read it. There aren't any reports of bugs in MC yet is there? We called off Onyxia last night, but I made over 50G questing in Silithus last night instead.

I've been killing Ony for 6-7 months week in week out... that fucking thing hasn't dropped once for us. The fact that I got a Legendary Sword before even SEEING a Vis'kag drop is mind boggling.

Yes, Onyxia's drops are strange. We've been killing Onyxia for...Several months and every Level 60 Warlock, Druid and Hunter has their Tier 2 helm. Judgement has yet to drop, and Bloodfang has dropped once. We've also had two Deathbringers drop during that period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom