• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaitoH

wtf.jpg

2 VC's

Friend in group took pic. I'm the rogue tanking VC AND a minion -in the background.

I'm pretty damn sure there was at least 4 guards. We all died so quick is was sad. Pretty disappointing, this was our second time through and the whole instance is easy except for this and we had no time to try again after we died.

SyNapSe

Ok, where should I be exp'ing/getting quests at 16th level as a Human. I've ran around Westfall quite a bit.. finished most of the quests from farmers, etc. I have one quest left from SH to kill defias pillagers and something else.

I can find some of them in Moonglade or whatever city that is. They keep killing me frequently though. I go to attack one of the Mage guys and 5 seconds later I get backstabbed by 2 rogue defias.

I've already gone over to the Gnome/Dwarf Loch Modan area. I just have In Defense of the Kings Land 3.. which I can't solo at this point. They spawn to fast. I also have some red Excavation thing.

Help me GAF, your my only hope! I'm pretty much out of quests to do.. I can go grind humanoid mobs for exp/cash for a couple levels, I guess.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
At level 16 you might be able to do some of the easier missions in Redridge Mountains. You'll have to be careful although, since there are a lot of higher level creatures in the area.

SyNapSe

Screaming_Gremlin said:
At level 16 you might be able to do some of the easier missions in Redridge Mountains. You'll have to be careful although, since there are a lot of higher level creatures in the area.

Isn't there a place called Auberdine near Westfall? Is that for people my level? I can get 17th on the quests I have now probably.. I'm over halfway there. I could grind 18th.. maybe I'll try Redridge then.

When do you start to get Rings, Trinkets, etc. to fill in the rest of your equipment slots? In the twenties?

nataku

Auberdine is Night Elf territory

It's a nice place to quest, but a little far from where you are. Redridge should be ok for you at 16 or so, but you'll definetly need to party up with a few people.

Tried to log on to my character after the servers finally came back up last night, only to find out she's stuck... in the middle of no where. Not listed as being in an area on the character select, so it won't let me log in. I can log in on any other character just fine though. Time to do my first GM page and see how long it takes me to get this problem solved... Any bets? I'm guessing... a couple days.

SyNapSe

What is the easiest way to take the default pictures created with Print screen and be able to post them? I signed up for a few accounts at hosting places, but am having issues. Greatestjournal wants the files to only be GIF or JPG or something else, and the WoW in game screenshot utility seems to create .tga or something.

nataku said:
Auberdine is Night Elf territory

It's a nice place to quest, but a little far from where you are. Redridge should be ok for you at 16 or so, but you'll definetly need to party up with a few people.

Tried to log on to my character after the servers finally came back up last night, only to find out she's stuck... in the middle of no where. Not listed as being in an area on the character select, so it won't let me log in. I can log in on any other character just fine though. Time to do my first GM page and see how long it takes me to get this problem solved... Any bets? I'm guessing... a couple days.

took a day for a GM to respond to me although I put the ticket in at like 3am, and didn't play again till 9pm the next day. when I edited my tickect as soon as I posted it I got a whisper.

Did you try the unstuck command? It in the "?" menu...I think. Oh I tried to install cosmos...WTF!!! I keyboard and mouse stopped working, the key bind menu was blank...nothing to bind to anything. I uninstalled it as I read on the Cosmos forums and WoW forums and now I can't log in.

Oh and Auberdine is in Darkshore and likes to get raided many times a day...on my server anyway

nataku

I can't try the unstuck command... I can't even log into the character that is stuck. The loading screen finishes (blue bar fills up) and then a few seconds later I'm booted out to the login screen with a Disconnected from server message.

Ferrio

Banned
SyNapSe said:
What is the easiest way to take the default pictures created with Print screen and be able to post them? I signed up for a few accounts at hosting places, but am having issues. Greatestjournal wants the files to only be GIF or JPG or something else, and the WoW in game screenshot utility seems to create .tga or something.

Get IfranView and convert them to jpg.

Ferrio

Banned
Woo I sold a single potion for 2 gold 50 silver. Of course it took me 2 hours of stealthing through lvl 38 area (i was lvl 27) to get enough ingrediants just for one potion.

firex

SyNapSe said:
Ok, where should I be exp'ing/getting quests at 16th level as a Human. I've ran around Westfall quite a bit.. finished most of the quests from farmers, etc. I have one quest left from SH to kill defias pillagers and something else.

I can find some of them in Moonglade or whatever city that is. They keep killing me frequently though. I go to attack one of the Mage guys and 5 seconds later I get backstabbed by 2 rogue defias.

I've already gone over to the Gnome/Dwarf Loch Modan area. I just have In Defense of the Kings Land 3.. which I can't solo at this point. They spawn to fast. I also have some red Excavation thing.

Help me GAF, your my only hope! I'm pretty much out of quests to do.. I can go grind humanoid mobs for exp/cash for a couple levels, I guess.
You should go to Redridge like someone else suggested. There are some quests you can do there at about level 16 that are relatively easy - killing some gnolls around that level, getting stuff for redridge goulash, and a fetch quest that isn't that great, but does lead into another easy quest to get black dragon scales. There's also the really easy quest to get some guy's lost toolbox - you just need to swim out a little from the bridge and then go underwater and swim down to the bottom of the lake and you should find it.

edit: also, did you explore some around westfall? There are some quests you can get at the lighthouse.

nataku said:
I can't try the unstuck command... I can't even log into the character that is stuck. The loading screen finishes (blue bar fills up) and then a few seconds later I'm booted out to the login screen with a Disconnected from server message.

that happpened to me when I installed Cosmos, I waited a half an hour and it was fine. I'm reinstaling now cause some how getting rid of Cosmos (which made my Keybpoard and mouse inactive) made me unable to disconnect

SyNapSe

Yah, I tried Cosmos earlier and it is the devil. Total Bloatware. After 30 minutes of configuring I still couldn't see a ton of stuff I would like to.

I installed CTmod and it's very minimalistic. Just the Second bar (bottom). All I need now is to get CombatStats to start working independtantly.

firex

for anybody playing a shaman, does CTmod show you how long you have left on weapon buffs? if so, i'm totally getting that instead of cosmos. it's the only thing cosmos has that I haven't seen in other custom UIs and it makes playing a shaman infinitely better because you use those spells all the time.

SyNapSe

firex said:
for anybody playing a shaman, does CTmod show you how long you have left on weapon buffs? if so, i'm totally getting that instead of cosmos. it's the only thing cosmos has that I haven't seen in other custom UIs and it makes playing a shaman infinitely better because you use those spells all the time.

Yes, I'm 100% positive it has buff timers underneath your avatar I think and a messaging component if you want it.. i.e. Seal of Crusader is about to wear off!

Went into the Deadmines for the second time tonight, this time completing it and getting Van Cleef's head. What an experience. The Deadmines shits on any other MMO dungeon i've had the pleasure of venturing into. And to think that there are more spectacular ones awaiting is extremely exciting.

When I first saw Van Cleef's ship, i was in complete eff'ing awe.

rant***---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing that soured the experience somewhat was the pickup Paladin of the group (3 of us were from my guild) rolled and won the Defias Blackened Tunic or somesuch. That pissed off the entire group because it's bind on pickup. The Paladin isn't going to wear it, and he can't unload it in the auction house, so it ends up being sold to a merchant for 14s. Pathetic. His excuse? Oh I didn't know I was rolling on it, i meant to pass.

Maybe you wouldn't have made that mistake if you hadn't looted VC WHILE WE WERE STILL FIGHTING HIS GUARDS... sorry for the vent folks.

Char update!

Blimey
Level 21 Gnome Mage
105 Alchemy, 147 Herbalism

That's it for now folks, carry on.

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Went into the Deadmines for the second time tonight, this time completing it and getting Van Cleef's head. What an experience. The Deadmines shits on any other MMO dungeon i've had the pleasure of venturing into. And to think that there are more spectacular ones awaiting is extremely exciting.

When I first saw Van Cleef's ship, i was in complete eff'ing awe.

rant***---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing that soured the experience somewhat was the pickup Paladin of the group (3 of us were from my guild) rolled and won the Defias Blackened Tunic or somesuch. That pissed off the entire group because it's bind on pickup. The Paladin isn't going to wear it, and he can't unload it in the auction house, so it ends up being sold to a merchant for 14s. Pathetic. His excuse? Oh I didn't know I was rolling on it, i meant to pass.

Maybe you wouldn't have made that mistake if you hadn't looted VC WHILE WE WERE STILL FIGHTING HIS GUARDS... sorry for the vent folks.

Char update!

Blimey
Level 21 Gnome Mage
105 Alchemy, 147 Herbalism

That's it for now folks, carry on.

All this and no mention of the one that lead you and your group to Capt. Van Cleef....for shame!

Char update!

Solrak
Level 24 Human Warrior
119 mining, 0 blacksmith :lol

FYI, most mods are pretty simple to mix and match. Just cobble together the addon directories you want that have the mods you want and you're set.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Char update! ;)

Knai
Level 30 Troll Rogue
157 Alchemy 165 Herbalism

Now that I've hit 30, I should probably stop neglecting my homework. ;_;

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Okay, so I'll probably be grabbing this game next week, and I need input. I'm leaning toward being a Night Elf Rogue, but how is the Hunter class? It sounds like it may be similar to the Beastmaster from FFXI (my main job in that game), and may be something up my alley as well.

If I go with the Rogue, what are some good crafts to look into. Alchemy will probably be a top priority so that I can make healing potions for myself and such, but what would be a good second craft if I go that route.

Finally, how does PvP work? Can any ol' person run up and take a swing at me, or do they need to formally challenge me beforehand.

Anywho, thanks in advance for your responses. :)

Malakhov

Banned
Char update

Apachel
Level 24 Tauren Shaman
150s leatherworking and Skinning
Eastern PvP Bleeding Hollow

Mala
Level 13 Human Paladin
70s Blacksmithing and Minning
Mountain PvP Darkspear

Wasabimon darkelf Lvl 18 Hunter
Pet:Toothey Lvl 18 Cat
high 80's - 90 in the skills like Bow, Defense and Dagger

as of last night the horde ohave taken over Ashenvale....it sucks casue now all my quests are leading me there :(

I heard if the horde/alliance kill all the NPCs in a non contested territory it becomes contested....anyone see that happen yet?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Great Wasabi Man said:
I heard if the horde/alliance kill all the NPCs in a non contested territory it becomes contested....anyone see that happen yet?

I don't believe this happens. The NPCs just respawn in five minutes. I don't think the territory becomes contested.

firex

SyNapSe said:
Yes, I'm 100% positive it has buff timers underneath your avatar I think and a messaging component if you want it.. i.e. Seal of Crusader is about to wear off!
I know it has buff timers, but I'm wondering if it has it for the shaman weapon buff spells. For what it's worth see if it works with sharpening stones or weight stones from blacksmithing, or fishing lures. It's the same kind of thing (not a buff on your person, just on your equipped weapon) so that's why I want to know.

firex

sounds like the same guy as xef/xefi from the beta (aka this guy who got to level 55 like in a week when hunters first came out).

ManaByte said:
The game has been out for a week and there's a level 60 with his 1000gold mount:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=180683&p=1&tmp=1#post180683

Not really that big of deal. You know they had two people playing the character on shifts. If I didn't waste so much time on questing, instead of grinding, I woul be well into the 40s now. Just hit 38 tonight. Well, and if I didn't pvp so much.

And if it's a hunter... They are insanely good at soloing also.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Cerebral Palsy said:
Not really that big of deal. You know they had two people playing the character on shifts. If I didn't waste so much time on questing, instead of grinding, I woul be well into the 40s now. Just hit 38 tonight. Well, and if I didn't pvp so much.

And if it's a hunter... They are insanely good at soloing also.

Troll Rogue. Playing time was 7 days and 6 hours to hit that point. Guy was on vacation. Probably was two people, but if on vacation, and you really wanted to, one person could easily do it.

SyNapSe

Is there any way to collect Herbs easier? I didn't pick my main professions until level 17.. I'm having to roam around newbie area's to get things I can pick.

Is there no way to purchase an individual herb if I have 12 of something but need another herb to combine with it and I'm all out.

Herbalism + Alchemy is fun. Alchemy is a bit expensive, so far I haven't really made anything worth selling that I can tell. These 2nd level healing potions might sell but I doubt it.

Alchemy is 90, Herbalism is about the same. First Aid is around 120 now.

firex

Sometimes alchemy or herbalism suppliers will sell some herbs in limited stock. I don't know how often the vendors have them, but the herbs themselves are pretty cheap.

Mirk

Char update

name: Mirk
guild: Eternal Union
lvl: 21
sever: Mal'Ganis
mining: 126
blacksmith: 118

Just got done with VC today took me four different groups to do it too:(

firex

I hate that shit with lower level instances, players there are morons (half the time you get people wanting items that aren't even for their class, like a rogue or warrior rolling on a piece of cloth armor that gives +100 mana or something). fortunately if you play to higher levels most people have no life, so I was able to do some of the higher level instances on weekends and nobody drops out of those (and by higher level, well, really, it's just whatever's for low 30s and up it seems).

I just did the first part of Scarlet Monestary tonight. Got me two Hypnotic Blades (26.8 dps dagger). When I saw it wasn't tagged unique I did the instance again for a second one. Hit 39 and about 85g earlier today too. Hopefully I can get a mount tomorrow.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
finally get a group to the end to fight VC - and 2 VC's fucking spawn along with 5-6 guards and rape out entire party

Malakhov

Banned
I've created a rogue today, I shouldn't of... Now I'm 15 levels later and considering changing him for my main :p

Rogues are super fun!

Kweh

Manabyte's screenies do look nice. Would you pick the Full Screen Glow over AA? I heard both cannot work at the same time, and Full Screen Glow disables AA.

Kweh

Hmm, looks rather jaggy when I turn AA off and Full Glow on. Are you using any other card settings to make it look that nice Manabyte?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom