• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

SyNapSe said:
Question:

How does Reputation effect you? Do you get quests earlier? Or are some quests only unlocked based on rep.?

My Druid is "Honorable" in Darnassus and I've noticed a tiny discount on merchants there. Like a stack of 5 Alchemy vials costs 2c less or something.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
My reutation wtih Stormwind is honorable and I get about a 10 percent discout I think.

Here are some pictures I took of when Stitches attacked Darkshire. I was in this area to get some booze for a mission and was way to low of a level to do anything. I was level 16 and I think he was level 36+

WoWScrnShot_112704_135830.jpg

WoWScrnShot_112704_135911.jpg

Also I have a feeling a lot of people will be getting name changes soon, although I found this one amusing.

MalGanis-Alina01.jpg

Screaming_Gremlin

Rorschach said:
What mod are you running?

That was cosmos. I downloaded it last night and have like it so far.

I wish Blizzard would place a lock on new people creating accounts on some of the high population PvP servers. Stormreaver was lagging like crazy and the quere was the highest I have ever seen it, around 700 or so. I have it feeling it will be going down like Archimonde or Mal'Ganis soon. I wish they would allow character transfers, if even for a week or so. I could get to a better server and GAF could hopefully get on the same server.

Rorschach

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Thanks.

I wish Blizzard would place a lock on new people creating accounts on some of the high population PvP servers. Stormreaver was lagging like crazy and the quere was the highest I have ever seen it, around 700 or so. I have it feeling it will be going down like Archimonde or Mal'Ganis soon. I wish they would allow character transfers, if even for a week or so. I could get to a better server and GAF could hopefully get on the same server.
That would be great, but I don't see it happening.

Screaming_Gremlin said:

Cool thanks i was looking for Screens of Cosmos

Yeah I agree that some servers wshould be locked after they hit a certant point. I'm in Azgath (sp!?) I started on wednesday night and played since tonight I started getting lag...bad lag.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Note to self...if you're a noob and you're not sure the people you were going to meet up with are going to ever show on your server...don't create a priest. Christ, I'm getting torn up when I do 7-8 level missions solo. Just outclassed offensively :(

So anyone interested in starting fresh with a GAF server...let's make some choices about Alliance/Horde, server, etc. and just do this thing before our other characters are too attached. Any veteran players of the genre willing to have a go of it. Be the "leader" or captain as it were?

ManaByte

Musashi Wins! said:
So anyone interested in starting fresh with a GAF server...let's make some choices about Alliance/Horde, server, etc. and just do this thing before our other characters are too attached. Any veteran players of the genre willing to have a go of it. Be the "leader" or captain as it were?

Everyone keeps talking about it, but no one is making any suggestions aside from asking people to come to their (heavy load) server such as Mal'ganis.

Howabout, Mountain PvP, Darkspear, Horde Side as the official GAF server? It's Low population usually which means no que.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Loot lag is the devil. Seriously, mining a node, and bending down to see no loot screen...and stuck there...forever, sucks ass. Need to fix this ><

Musashi Wins! said:

Good luck. I already tried. It was like pulling teeth trying to even get people to post if they would, and what faction they would be. It's a lost cause.

And in other news, I finally hit level 30 and did the rogue poisons quest. Now I'm going to pass out and drool all over my pillow.

Burger

I need tips. Never played a MMORPG before. I'm a level 9 (human/stormwind) warrior, all my stuff is pretty good, my two handed sword is the best I can find for my level.

I'm getting bitchslapped by level 10 bad guys, if I'm lucky I can pull it off, but rarely. I'm finding some quests real hard.

Am I doing something wrong ?

mint

Banned
Although I never played a warrior before, just wanted to check if you have been learning new warrior skills from the trainer?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Lvl 16 Warrior now with 80+ in First Aid, Mining, Blacksmithing, and Cooking. Questing up a storm, but I must admit, it does get a bit old...but then I go back to mining or move to another locale for other quest types/xp.

Ferrio

Banned
HOLY SHIT I"M MAKING A KILLING IN ALCHEMY.

I made 15 gold in 3 hours. I'm one of the very few alchemists on the server that can make these potions, and out of those I'm probably one of the couple that know where to get the stuff without getting killed (being a rogue with stealth, vanish (lifesaver), and sap really help you get that herb surrounded by 5 lvl 29 orcs).

I'm selling these things for 50 sp a pop, and they'll buy it cause they want to make their special armor.... but there's no where else to get them.

wow.jpg

wow2.jpg

I took up alchemy just so i could buff myself, I never knew it would make money. No one would want potions, and they don't. They just want them so t hey can craft..... soon as I started seeing everyone asking for elixirs of defense in channels and no one responding, I knew i'd hit a gold mine.

Rorschach

HO LY CRAP.

I was about 4 mins from getting to Stormwind and I see a "Server shutdown in 5:00" message. I run my ass off, but barely made it when it shut down. Ugh. The only reason I took so long was because I kept getting disconnected.

discover.jpg

As of now, we will be bringing down the realms daily for regular maintenance. The schedule is as follows:

All Central and Eastern realms will be down from 4:00AM to 5:00AM EST.

All Pacific and Mountain realms will be down from 4:00AM to 5:00AM PST.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Bah, that sucks for me since that's one of my playing hours. I can see why they chose those hours, but it still sucks. Wonder if this is a permanent thing.

IJoel

I must voice my biggest issue with the game: The Auction Houses.

Only 3 or 4 AH in the entire world. I mean, GEE BLIZZARD, make it HARDER to put the economy on the move. I'd say this is one of the things FFXI is really great at.

firex

people asked repeatedly in the beta to have the auction houses linked (there used to be one in each capital city) and they said they couldn't because of some technical limitation in the way they're coded in. so like they cut the auction houses down to one in each side's main capital just so people would go to those towns more.

Man, what hackery. I took up engineering, which makes NO PROFIT. Seriously, when fucking Aquadynamic Fishing Gizmos are the best thing you can send to market, something's fucked. I played like a stupid bitch though, I caught a bit of a cold over thanksgiving and 150 mile drive + staying up till 6am playing = me being pretty damn sick at the moment.

SyNapSe

IJoel said:
I must voice my biggest issue with the game: The Auction Houses.

Only 3 or 4 AH in the entire world. I mean, GEE BLIZZARD, make it HARDER to put the economy on the move. I'd say this is one of the things FFXI is really great at.

Yeah, I think it's lame that only one main city has an AH. Don't most people end up using Ironforge/Orgrimmar as there "home"? I know I do..

firex

Son of Godzilla said:
Man, what hackery. I took up engineering, which makes NO PROFIT. Seriously, when fucking Aquadynamic Fishing Gizmos are the best thing you can send to market, something's fucked. I played like a stupid bitch though, I caught a bit of a cold over thanksgiving and 150 mile drive + staying up till 6am playing = me being pretty damn sick at the moment.
engineering has never made a profit, but only engineers can use all the bombs, gadgets and stuff. altogether it makes it by far the best pvp profession since you can buy any other profession's items and use them.

SyNapSe

firex said:
engineering has never made a profit, but only engineers can use all the bombs, gadgets and stuff. altogether it makes it by far the best pvp profession since you can buy any other profession's items and use them.

My friend was just telling me he made decent cash off of making Dynamite, but it's probably just one skill out of tons, and a low level one to boot.

IJoel

SyNapSe said:
Yeah, I think it's lame that only one main city has an AH. Don't most people end up using Ironforge/Orgrimmar as there "home"? I know I do..

This is probable if you're Human/Dwarf (Ironforge) or Orc/Shaman (Ogrimmar.)

For a Night Elf (my case, so far at least) I have to take a boat/flight to Auberdine (Darkshore,) take another boat to Dun Morogh and then take a Gryphon at the port to Ironforge. Of course, this is AFTER you have reached Ironforge and set the Gryphon waypoint.

Not, to mention, it's just a completely missed opportunity to have a flowing economic system.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Just hearthstone back to your capital every hour. =P

Anyway, did four hours of PvP on the PvE server last night... and it was amazing. (I've always loved PvP... just picked the PvE server because I didn't want to have quests cock-blocked by higher levels).

Two buddies and I went to Astranaar and slapped a guard around (which sent out the "OMFG ASTRANAAR IS UNDER ATTACK!!! :O" message). The few players in the city immediatly came out and there was a throwdown. What works really well about the 'pvp flagging' system, is once any player starts pvping, that player is in going to participate for awhile because they will still be flagged when they ressurect.

Eventually 20 Alliance showed up, and they were around our level or 1 or 2 levels lower... and we were still wasting them with just us 3. :lol Good fun.

Now where is battlegrounds?!?!! >_<

SyNapSe

IJoel said:
This is probable if you're Human/Dwarf (Ironforge) or Orc/Shaman (Ogrimmar.)

For a Night Elf (my case, so far at least) I have to take a boat/flight to Auberdine (Darkshore,) take another boat to Dun Morogh and then take a Gryphon at the port to Ironforge. Of course, this is AFTER you have reached Ironforge and set the Gryphon waypoint.

Not, to mention, it's just a completely missed opportunity to have a flowing economic system.

No, I mean completely abandon your nightelf/Tauren crap and move to the main cities. At least that's what I've done. I made a Tauren Shaman, and at level 8 I moved to Orgrimmar and started doing the Razor Hill, etc. quests.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
About the GAF server.. I want to play with GAF people, I really do. But right now I can barely keep up with my real life friends on my server, and I'm playing more than I should. (My pile of homework is stacking up and finals are approaching).

It might have to be something that waits awhile before the majority of us can do it. =/

Anyway, Jupiter and Warhammer 40k... my friends and I are starting our guild soon and you guys are free to join. I'll keep you informed in game. :)

MrCheez said:
About the GAF server.. I want to play with GAF people, I really do. But right now I can barely keep up with my real life friends on my server, and I'm playing more than I should. (My pile of homework is stacking up and finals are approaching).

It might have to be something that waits awhile before the majority of us can do it. =/

Anyway, Jupiter and Warhammer 40k... my friends and I are starting our guild soon and you guys are free to join. I'll keep you informed in game. :)

I agree. It might have to wait 'til most of us have rolled our first 60. Then the idea of alts becomes very appealing. I don't think i'll have the time 'til then to join a GAF pvp guild.

Meier

Man I can solo some level 20s no problem but a level 19 Mo'Grosh rapes my level 21 warrior. Sucks! Someone come on Cenarius and do the ogre quests with me! :mad:

Razoric

Banned
Server: Shattered Hand (PvP)
Razzic - Night Elf Hunter (main guy now)
Razoric - Human Mage

Server: Durotar (pussy server)
Razoric - Undead Warlock

:)

Korranator

Meier said:
Man I can solo some level 20s no problem but a level 19 Mo'Grosh rapes my level 21 warrior. Sucks! Someone come on Cenarius and do the ogre quests with me! :mad:
Elites are uber. I grouped with three others, and 2 Mo' Groshes were almost more than we could handle.

Ferrio

Banned
Up to 20 gold.

I have no expenses really either, other than buying new weapons. All my armor is made for me for free. I can make about 5 gold per hour, but i gotta withhold doing any exping. Which is hurting my level.

Screaming_Gremlin

I'm currently doing my mission to get my Succubus. It is insane. I have to talk to this guy in the middle of the barrens which is one of the last places a level 20 Warlock wants to be. I get killed by a few groups where I had no chance. Right before I get to the person I need to talk to, some level 21 mage comes up to attack me. I fear him and take off hoping he will leave me alone. No such luck. With no pet out (I just had to sacrifice it to avoid a NPC) I precede to pummel the guy and kill him. I talk to the guy I needed to and then had to hurry back to Ashenvale with about 5 Horde after me. It was so awesome.

I thought in a PVP server any player can attack another(horde vs alliance)...too bad. LAst night a huge horde raid came really close to abinalsomething, I watched but did fight a lvl 20 Orc warrior vs my lvl 12 night elf hunter with tooth the tiger is not something I wanna try. I though I was a dead man waking but none of the horde attacked me...came up to me but didn't attack. Am I missing something or were these a huge (20+) group of "honorable" players?

So you get your succubus at 20...hmm.. what other pets do Warlocks get? How do they solo?

Oh so far I gather

Druid = Solo machines
Hunter = Solo well but 1 - 10 can be a bitch
Periests = umm no...from what I heard
Rouge = Very good at soloing

The other classes I haven't tired yet.

and...how does one get from Elf Island to happy place of little people aka where the dwarfs and gnomes are? I really gotta learn the names of these places

Screaming_Gremlin

Warlocks get the Imp at level 1, the Voidwalker at level 10, the Succubus at level 20, the Felhunter at level 30, the Felstead at level 40, and you can get the Infernal and Doomgaurd later on, alhtough you pretty much need a group of Warlocks just to control them. I've also heard at level 60 they are putting in the Nightmare which is a better stead than the Felstead.

To solo, the Warlock uses the Voidwalker. It has a taunt ability to hold aggro and a lot of hp, so it acts as a tank while the Warlock place DoT's or whatever else we want to on the enemy. For PvP we are stuck using fear and then dropping curses and other attack spells, while the Imp or Succubus supports. You can also use the Voidwalker. Although it doesn't have very good attacks and taunt is worthless against humans, you have an ability to sacrifice it and it places a 400 hp shield around you for 30 seconds and your spells can't be interupted. It is pretty useful for making escapes.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
As a warlock at lvl 15 i can solo a lvl 19 mob fairly easily. Only issue is if they "resist" my spells but it's not bad. I have 95 engineering so I plan on creating "nets" for PVP combat.

Looking forward to the next few levels creating a soulstone and other fun stuff like that.

nataku

So, I'm trying to tame Humar the Pridelord in The Barrens... on a PvP server. Funny seeing all the Horde run after me as I try to sneak around The Barrens. I eventually lose everyone though because of Aspect of the Cheetah. :lol

Screaming_Gremlin

Hey Manabyte, has anyone actually created the guild yet for GA? I was planning on doing Van Cleef tonight but it looks like some of the servers on Stormreavers cluster have gone done and ours is pretty close to it (the lag is worse than ever), so I'll go ahead and start my new character.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I was just playing my lvl 15 rogue and some guy said I stole his kill (I got loot rights & XP and he showed up half way through) and kept spamming me to fight him. I suck at PvP but I eventually gave in since I needed to go sell stuff anyway so no more looting was gonna happen.

He was lvl 18 Paladin, vs me and my little lvl 15 rogue...

He hit me HARD at first and I almost died right away but I drank a potion (thank you alchemy) stunned him, backstabbed him, and then upped my dodge and eventually won with about 1/4 my health.

He was mad and said I cheated.

Some people.

ManaByte

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Hey Manabyte, has anyone actually created the guild yet for GA? I was planning on doing Van Cleef tonight but it looks like some of the servers on Stormreavers cluster have gone done and ours is pretty close to it (the lag is worse than ever), so I'll go ahead and start my new character.

Not yet.

We're all on Darkspear, and I have the silver needed for the guild charter. We just need to get 10 people on and in the Orgrimmar area to sign it.

Oh you have to be FUCKING kidding me.

I die in the water, it won't let me resurect even when I'm right on top of my corpse. I fugre log out and comeback to see if that works....lla la la...logout counter goes down and....

"You can do that while dazed"

?!?!?!

So I was stuck logged off of the chat channels just in limbo. I could see the mobs moving about but I couldn't move, logout or quit. I ctrl+alt+delete. Logback in and the game hangs at retreiving character list. I cancel and see if there something wrong with the login server and try Mal'ginis....well the little number that shows the characters you have in the server for Azglar went from 4 to nothing....you have to be fucking kidding me.

lvl 14 DE Hunter with 2 pets on lvl 13 and a best friend (got him at 10) and one at 12 and tame.
lvl 12 DE druid vet in Angels of Destruction guild
lvl 5 Human socrer
and a dwarf I was just palying around with
AND since friday I still can't login to the forum

Needles to say I'm a bit pissed right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom