• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

remove priest and add warlock for eredar, for the love of god. blizz you're supposed to balance each faction's race/class combos and if you'd just do that, then you'd have the same amount of choices for each faction!

and I'm guessing eredar racials are something like "get 1000 gold upon logging in" and "intimidate NPCs so you don't have to pay anything" to keep them on a similar level with the rest of the alliance.

more images

http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/129/928901_20060510_screen001.jpg
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/129/928901_20060510_screen032.jpg

just replace the numbers upto 32!

928901_20060510_screen015.jpg

looks pretty cool

pxleyes

Banned
Tamanon said:
Yeah I was just reading over those, nice changes, IMO. Looks like Elementalist isn't an obvious no-brainer now;)

Countdown until Pxl bitches about the NEW changes in......3.....2......

hey now, you have to give me a day to build a new build before i go bitching. :)

anyways, I am happy with the improvements, though it is a great sign of good faith that they are making those changes even before the PTR goes live (which I expected would be today).

Tamanon

Banned
Racial Abilities

Blood Elves:

* Arcane Affinity - Enchanting increased by 15
* Arcane Torrent - Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 sec. In addition, you gain 20 Energy, Mana or Rage for each Mana Tap charge currently affecting you.
* Mana Tap - Drains 50 mana from your target and charges you with Arcane energy until cancelled. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
* Magic Resistance - All resistances increased by 5

Draeni:

* Blessing of the Naaru - heals the target of 50 damage over 15 sec
* Gemcutting - Jewelcrafting skill increased by 15
* Inspiring Presence - Increases chance to hit with spells by 1% for all party members within 30 yards
* Shadow Resistance - increased by 10

Hrm....looks like the blood elves got a better racial, especially for PvP(AoE silence for any BE class....nice!) and the Draenei got .....well.....they're aight:p

firex

god damn, racials alone make me want to make a blood elf rogue/warrior. ok, so while they aren't nearly as cool looking as draenei, the racials they have are awesome. enchanting bonus sucks but otherwise these are as good as tauren racials for pvp IMO.

Tamanon

Banned
firex said:
god damn, racials alone make me want to make a blood elf rogue/warrior. ok, so while they aren't nearly as cool looking as draenei, the racials they have are awesome. enchanting bonus sucks but otherwise these are as good as tauren racials for pvp IMO.

Yeah plus for warriors, it's up to SIXTY rage while they're silenced;)

Priest Tier 3 bonuses (lower bonuses first)

- 12% reduced cost for renews
- Crit Greater Heals will put a 500 point shield on the target.
- Reduced threat from all heals.
- Chance on any cast to get 24 mana per 5 seconds (from the way I am reading it) for 30
seconds.

Meh, meh, meh bonuses. I don't need reduced threat because I play Alliance, and I'd much rather have the 3/8 transcendence bonus of 15% regen while casting than the mana regen chance bonus since in the expansion I'm sure to approach 350 or so spirit unbuffed at the very minimum, which would give me back way more than 24 MP/5.

firex

oh, and I don't know if anyone's noticed, but all of the tier 3 sets include a ring. so they're 9 piece sets! I kind of wish they included a cloak instead of a ring though.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Yikes, the Draenei storyline is retarded, and even worse is completely contradictory to quite a few aspects of established lore. (The Dranei that the orcs slaughtered (before any of this poorly explained mutation BS) were shamanistic, primitive, and passive. Suddenly now they are strong paladins and warriors? Eredar were never really evil now, Sargeras was originally the evil one?)

The Wisp/Eredar stuff that was apparently made up from yesterday was so much more clever.

I still think they look goofy too. And WAY too similar to night elves (mostly the females). They could have at lesat given them a different skin color (brown or something?).

I'm pretty dissapointed. :(

P.S. SPACESHIPS PEW PEW

Ferrio

Banned
MrCheez said:
Yikes, the Draenei storyline is retarded, and even worse is completely contradictory to quite a few aspects of established lore. (The Dranei that the orcs slaughtered (before any of this poorly explained mutation BS) were shamanistic, primitive, and passive. Suddenly now they are strong paladins and warriors? Eredar were never really evil now, Sargeras was originally the evil one?)

The Wisp/Eredar stuff that was apparently made up from yesterday was so much more clever.

I still think they look goofy too. And WAY too similar to night elves (mostly the females). They could have at lesat given them a different skin color (brown or something?).

I'm pretty dissapointed. :(

P.S. SPACESHIPS PEW PEW

Uh hae they even shown a Draenei female?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
imageviewer.html

The Broken (the thing in the middle) are a million times more interesting and awesome looking! Plus they could have been included without all this crazy lore-breaking Eredar-descendent BS! Wish they were the playable race.

Edit: To be fair (putting my lore complaints aside) I like the new Draenei concept art a lot better than the actual models. The models just look really awkward to me (mostly the muscle structure)

AeroGod

Blizzard isnt making World of Starcraft, they are just going to naturally evolve WoW into it through expansions and patches. And nobody will even notice

Shouta

Well, time to say goodbye to my NE Hunter. Now I got something pretty to look at on Paladin (or perhaps Priest/Warrior)

fallout

Shouta said:
Hey, don't be jealous cause you aren't pretty!
... jealous of not being pretty in a game where I choose ... *head explodes*

Actually, it's funny ... my guild worships a squid god. We're very confused right now.

Shouta

fallout said:
... jealous of not being pretty in a game where I choose ... *head explodes*

Actually, it's funny ... my guild worships a squid god. We're very confused right now.

Bow to the female squids!

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
firex said:
I'm going to predict that draenei paladin will become the new NE rogue/hunter, aka ultimate noob class supreme.

I doubt it. I wouldn't think most of the scrubs would be able to stand leveling a paladin to 60, must less level 70.

Shouta

Great Wasabi Man said:
http://www.wowinsider.com/2006/05/11/wow-moviewatch-flying-mounts-at-e3/

Crappy video of the expansion and the flying mounts. Ther Dreanilammadingdong's healing over time racial does scale with your lvling and it's on a 3 min cool down according to the dev in the vid. As well as the crash site is off the coast of darkshore telling from where the dev pointed.

Scales with level? Good. If it didn't scale with level, I'd have to call it the most useless racial ability yet.

Haha, I loved that video:

Blizzard Rep: "So here's a warrior in full tier 3"
Interviewer: "I'll never see that."
Blizzard Rep: "Sure you can, just go to Naxxramus"
Interviewer: "....."

I do feel really bad for where someone who doesn't like to raid but likes to PvP is in this game. For all of its faults, Dark Age of Camelot's many stat caps and weapon DPS caps make a LOT of sense right now. It's insane to see how fast our combat rogues cut through stuff with their mid to upper 50 DPS weapons (CTS, Vis'kag, Maladath, etc.) but with a 73DPS one handers in Naxx it's going to be instagib time for clothies in blues.

Not to mention the new two handers. Pushing almost 100 DPS and 3.8 attack speed, welcome to a whole new world of hurt. I just hope they have a sword in there (mace spec sux for the warriors).

Meanwhile, I can't wait for more +healing! :| I love how DPS classes get to see their numbers increase by 20%/30% and get new insane numbers on critline whereas priests get their gear hardons when they can replace "Heal, Rank 3" with "Heal, Rank 2" as their everyday non-tank topoff heal. Lame.

Blizzard Rep: "So here's a warrior in full tier 3"
Interviewer: "I'll never see that."
Blizzard Rep: "Sure you can, just go to Naxxramus"
Interviewer: "....."

I lol'ed

I just started a new job and I have zero time for wow, much less spend MORE time at a computer haha. Oh well.

Watching all the videos and seeing the pics of the new gear, it's ridiculous how awesome the itemization is for warriors and rogues. They have the largest armor selection and the largest weapon selection in the game. As a hunter it sucks because I already have the BWL xbow and honestly there's nothing else out there. Each 40 man dungeon offers like one new ranged weapon (for hunters anyway, another testament to warrior/rogue itemization is the fact that there are more ranged weapons in BWL that were obviously made for warriors/rogues than there were for hunters), where as each dungeon offers like 4 or 5 weapons for warriors and rogues to choose from. People always bitch that hunters roll on their shit, but wtf are we supposed to do when the available items made specifically for us is so small. Then warriors turn around and roll on mail crit gear. Fucking hypocrits.

hunterweapon.blogspot.com

But yeah, I've seen warriors blow DKP loads on Crowns of Destruction and those INSANE +62 AP/2% crit pants off Fankriss. Given their variety of specs and the complete worthlessness of protection past 15 points, every warrior is a DPS warrior because they can be.

Hunters do have some decent endgame itemization though. The AQ40 polearm, for example, is a hunter weapon and warriors aren't likely to roll on it since, well, it isn't a sword. Huhuran's bow is totally badass for hunters, I would think.

That being said, warriors and rogues are the most gear dependent classes in the game so it shouldn't come as a suprise when they are the ones that benefit the most from new high-end ubergear.

Edit: As for rolling on shit, Hunters aren't nearly as bad as druids. PUG'ing blue instances with druids around is just sad, they roll on the rogue leather, druid leather, healing cloth, damage cloth, hell everything except the mail and the plate. Insane.

Hunters are just as gear dependent as rogues and warriors.

And while the huhuran bow is nice, it is marginally better than Ashjre'thul in pve, and actually worse in pvp (where you want burst damage as opposed to sustained). I'm not a big fan of the polearm though, the fact that it is totally void of any crit bonus (aside from the crit chance you get from agility, but seriously, it takes 53 agility to equal a crit with hunters so it's not really helping much). I'd much rather have a core hound tooth and a ripper.

MS warriors can deal pretty sick damage with just a good weapon. Yeah, good DPS armor helps but give a MS warrior a good slow sword and sword spec and they'll do hella damage. A BWL/AQ40 weapon (UTB or Kalimdor's Revenge, for example) with the rest purple 20-man gear and the occasional MC item will deal out the pain for a LOT less time investment than gearing up a fury warrior, the other warrior DPS option.

The real gear-dependnet warrior is in Fury, where you pretty much have a to have a decent level of unbuffed AP to really shine. That usually takes some serious gear.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Hunters are just as gear dependent as rogues and warriors.

And while the huhuran bow is nice, it is marginally better than Ashjre'thul in pve, and actually worse in pvp (where you want burst damage as opposed to sustained). I'm not a big fan of the polearm though, the fact that it is totally void of any crit bonus (aside from the crit chance you get from agility, but seriously, it takes 53 agility to equal a crit with hunters so it's not really helping much). I'd much rather have a core hound tooth and a ripper.

Hunters are gear dependent, but don't seem as much as those two classes are. Many of your abilities are not tied to gear at all, much less your pet which is only dependent on the food you feed it.

As for the polearm vs. CHT/ripper, I can see where you're coming from. How much AP do hunters get per point of agility?

All our abilities are tied to our gear. Attack power increases the damage done by Aimed shot, auto shot, and multishot. Crit gear increases our chance to crit with these attacks. Stamina impacts our surviveability in pvp (try killing a hunter with 5k+ hp).

As for agi/AP, yeah, that's where agi hunters bank. We get 2 AP per agility, but the crit thing really hurts.

Comparing barb of the sand reaver with the ripper/cht combo, this is what I get.

barb = 41 agi (+25 2h agi enchant) = 66 agi = 132 AP with 1.1% crit I would say.
ripper/cht = 40 atk power (+15 agi x 2 1h agility enchant = 30 agi) = 100 AP with about 2.6% to crit.

As a crit based hunter, I feel that the 32 AP lost in exchange for 1.5% extra crit is worth it.

By the way, right now my crit% is hovering around 30%.

firex

I'm just glad that tier 3 overall is way better than any other set revealed so far. Insane set bonuses (the only bad one I see is the hunter one where their pet has to die) and a huge amount of stats are great.

and IMO they need to go back to the drawing board with caster itemization, and just make spirit affect healing spells and int affect damage spells. It's retarded that 2 stats directly affect fighting capabilities and 2 don't, much less that the classes with the worst survivability don't get anything from their stats except extra mp/regen. And then there's the fact that spell damage/healing power comes out of the same pool as stats, while you can at least get a big dps boost from a new weapon AND get a small boost to attack power and crit and so on from agi/str.

I agree, Tier 3 is great. The hybird classes/shadow priests are bitching about the healing emphasis but in reality healing gear fits the PvE role that the tier 3 sets are made for the best. If you run an alternate spec/role, there's always non-set drops that will let you perform that task, I say.

It's going to take some time to get through most of Naxxramus, though. Lots of learning and wiping is going to happen there for the first few weeks without too much reward, even for good guilds and players. Remember the first night you tried twin emps? :( :(

Ferrio

Banned
Ya my friend who has a dwarf paladin has wanted to make a Draenei pally once blizz announced Draenei. Once he saw the dance it sealed the deal for him, since he has some weird thing about Tunak Tunak, causes him to laugh uncontrollably.

firex said:
I'm just glad that tier 3 overall is way better than any other set revealed so far. Insane set bonuses (the only bad one I see is the hunter one where their pet has to die) and a huge amount of stats are great.

and IMO they need to go back to the drawing board with caster itemization, and just make spirit affect healing spells and int affect damage spells. It's retarded that 2 stats directly affect fighting capabilities and 2 don't, much less that the classes with the worst survivability don't get anything from their stats except extra mp/regen. And then there's the fact that spell damage/healing power comes out of the same pool as stats, while you can at least get a big dps boost from a new weapon AND get a small boost to attack power and crit and so on from agi/str.

While you can get Spiritual Guidance, (I did), it for me from ~300 raid buffed SPR means about 75 for Smites, Greater Heals, SW:p, Renew, etc. Big whoop.

Seriously, I was floored when I found out INT in WoW didn't boost spell damage, just Mana size and small crit factor. I remeber SB with glass cannon Elf Mage/Channelers stacked with INT doing insane damage bolts. Here, if you stack +damage gear, you're likely 20% lower on HP, Mana, and MRPT, leaving you a glass cannon without staying power even if you aren't targeted.

firex

SatelliteOfLove said:
While you can get Spiritual Guidance, (I did), it for me from ~300 raid buffed SPR means about 75 for Smites, Greater Heals, SW:p, Renew, etc. Big whoop.

Seriously, I was floored when I found out INT in WoW didn't boost spell damage, just Mana size and small crit factor. I remeber SB with glass cannon Elf Mage/Channelers stacked with INT doing insane damage bolts. Here, if you stack +damage gear, you're likely 20% lower on HP, Mana, and MRPT, leaving you a glass cannon without staying power even if you aren't targeted.
Well, what I mean is that they should do something like a "Spell Power" stat like attack power, and the more int/spi you have (depending upon the type of spell) the higher that goes. Int/spi used to be fine way back in beta, when int affected spell crits more and there was no 5 second rule (so spirit regen was always on). Now, spirit's somewhat good (not as good as mana/5 seconds but still good) and int is largely useless. I mean, you could make the argument that it's fair for it to require so much int for spell crit when it requires so much agi for physical crit, but agi also adds dodge and armor and for rogues/hunters/feral druids, attack power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom