• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Night Elf Rogue noob question:

Where do I go and who do I talk too so I can have the ability to wield swords beyond the daggers I can use...?
Ironforge or Stormwind. Yeah, I know...it sucks. :p

Rorschach

Ferrio said:
Ironforge doesn't teach you swords. Only maces and guns.
That's why I posted that. :| I meant "Oh well, Ironforge doesn't teach you how to use swords, Stormwind is easier to get to, anyway. I got to Stormwind before I got to Ironforge because of said ease."

Finally got my lockpicking to 230+ skill. Had to do pickpocket runs in RF for boxes last night. Took me hours. Blizzard can drop dead for making the skill this annoying to get up in rank. Also got level 48. Now I'm going to pass out.

Mrbob

Woo, made it to Stormwind and warped back to Auberdine, thanks! Hell of a trip though! :lol Went by myself and I think it took me like an hour to get there! I kept on getting lost when I hit the East Kingdom. I actually went to Ironforge first because I got lost trying to go to Stormwind! I went way wouth of IronRidge and got caught by some damn mountains on my way to Stormwind so had to head NE back to IronForge! :lol Thankfully there is a tram in Ironforge that takes you right to Stormwind! I can put away all those throwing knives too since I learned the crossbow ability as well! I had a couple of close calls on the way but I pretty much made it there without much interference. I'm happy that I upgraded my evasion ability and speed, because it let me stealthily go through an area between some enemies and a group of level 28, 29, and 30 orc horde warriors (I'm level 18 rogue would have been crushed!). Good times! :D

Ferrio

Banned
Mrbob said:
Woo, made it to Stormwind and warped back to Auberdine, thanks! Hell of a trip though! :lol Went by myself and I think it took me like an hour to get there! I kept on getting lost when I hit the East Kingdom. I actually went to Ironforge first because I got lost trying to go to Stormwind! I went way wouth of IronRidge and got caught by some damn mountains on my way to Stormwind so had to head NE back to IronForge! :lol Thankfully there is a tram in Ironforge that takes you right to Stormwind! I can put away all those throwing knives too since I learned the crossbow ability as well! I had a couple of close calls on the way but I pretty much made it there without much interference. I'm happy that I upgraded my evasion ability and speed, because it let me stealthily go through an area between some enemies and a group of level 28, 29, and 30 orc horde warriors (I'm level 18 rogue would have been crushed!). Good times! :D

Oops missed that line.

Mrbob

I did. :p

Thankfully some dwarven stragglers pointed me on the right direction towards Ironforge and told me I could take the tram to Stormwind.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
:lol I swam/walked all the way with no aggro. Not even 1 monster for miles around until I hit shore near Stormwind. :D

Cerebral Palsy said:
Was tired. ZF... Zul'Farrak instance (spelling?).

Ah ok. Friend of mine had been driven insane by leveling lockpicking, so was wondering if there was some super secret instance unbelievably easy to sneak through.

In other news, engineering really really sucks. A better version of the Goblin Charge Hat or whatever it's called, one with +10 agi and +200 armor, is common drop in Uldaman off a lvl 40 elite throwaway mob that you have to kill to get to a boss.

I farmed volatile rum for what???

Ferrio

Banned
Well after getting cold blood skill and being disappointed (I knew I wouldn't be happy, need a better dagger).

I redid my talent points, and now i'm a DUAL MACE WIELDING ROGUE. It's unbelievable how much it kicks ass.

jtv

I can't imagine going anything besides dual dagger with my rogue, Backstab is such an integral part of my game (both soloing and grouping)

Ferrio

Banned
Well check this shit out. (note: the base dps of each weapon is ~30)

Look at that speed and dps. I can do that for 15 seconds, and hit ALL ENEMIES next to me at the same time. EAch hit also has a 6% chance to stun for 3 seconds. When hitting that fast, it happens quite often. Even without those 15 seconds, with just slice and dice I do about 20 less dps. Still good. This isn't even factoring if i use adrenaline rush.... if I do...... holy fuck. Oh that's not even factoring in poison damage either.... which again when you're hitting that fast.... it lands a lot. Also can disarm, so warriors no problem anymore heh.

wow26.jpg

firex

I don't think each hit has a chance to stun. way back in the beta (the same patch they put in rogue and priest talents, I think) they removed stun chance for off hand weapons. but they might have added it back in at a later date.

Ferrio

Banned
The stun comes from a rogue mace mastery (which is a talent... which if you're remembering right was added in the patch.... teh same patch they removed the stun. Why would they remove something they never put in?)

Either way I could test it and find out.

The specific talent reads:

"Gives you a 6% chance to stun your opponent with a mace for 3 seconds".

Ferrio

Banned
Just tested it. With nothing in my primary and a mace in my secondary, the stun still went off. So yes, each mace everytime it hits has a 6% chance to do 3 seconds of uninteruptable stun.

Can't wait till I get surrounded by a group of horde. Smack all them at once.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
jtv, check out a few pages back - there was quite a bit of discussion on backstab rogues versus combat rogues. I've been combat since the open beta and I am 100% convinced it's the most poweful versrion of the character. (But daggers still come close and are viable)

Ferrio, it's funny that you just specced from Assassination to Combat.. I just did the exact same thng yesterday. :) (Not because I didn't like Assassination, but I was getting bored and needed a change). Blade Flurry is pretty god damn fun. :eek: (Although it's only one additional enemy next to you, not all enemies)

I can't decide if I want to invest in a weapon spec (like maces) though... mainly because I like have the option to use whatever weapon has the best stats, despite what type of weapon it is. Hmm.... that stun procs a lot, you say? How many times per fight on average?

firex

Ferrio said:
Just tested it. With nothing in my primary and a mace in my secondary, the stun still went off. So yes, each mace everytime it hits has a 6% chance to do 3 seconds of uninteruptable stun.

Can't wait till I get surrounded by a group of horde. Smack all them at once.
that's what I meant, offhand only... it was taken out at first when rogue talents came out (before that, warriors had the same mace talent so they got to test out dual wielding with the stun chance), but I guess they put it back in then.

anyway, I've been playing an orc warlock since I finally got the game on monday... level 23 now, enjoying all the new quests they put in near the end of beta that I never got to do before.

SaitoH

Click here

A choice quote:

About Us: Thank you for supporting us. All gold, items, and accounts are produced by Sexy Vixens - never duped or macroed. Every Sexy Vixen is a game-loving 18-23 year old American female. We play on every World of Warcraft server, both Alliance and Horde, making us the #1 U.S. supplier of World of Warcraft resources. Our profits are reinvested in subscriptions for other American college girls to play World of Warcraft. Support us ladies now and you will see and group with more of us vixens when you are playing later! :)

I love this page.

^_~

SyNapSe

man, if I could have kicked myself in the balls last night. I was talking on the cell phone and messing around at the AH. I needed like 3 or 4 more of the pages to finish that quest in STV. I wasn't playing enough attention and I bought out one that I thought the dude had at 30 silver

Later on, I realized it must have been 30 gold. :( :lol

Back to building up monies again.

Ferrio

Banned
MrCheez said:
jtv, check out a few pages back - there was quite a bit of discussion on backstab rogues versus combat rogues. I've been combat since the open beta and I am 100% convinced it's the most poweful versrion of the character. (But daggers still come close and are viable)

Ferrio, it's funny that you just specced from Assassination to Combat.. I just did the exact same thng yesterday. :) (Not because I didn't like Assassination, but I was getting bored and needed a change). Blade Flurry is pretty god damn fun. :eek: (Although it's only one additional enemy next to you, not all enemies)

I can't decide if I want to invest in a weapon spec (like maces) though... mainly because I like have the option to use whatever weapon has the best stats, despite what type of weapon it is. Hmm.... that stun procs a lot, you say? How many times per fight on average?

Mattering on the fight length sometimes none. Sometimes it'll go off 4 times or something. Really hilarious when it does that.

To compliment my build I needed to find the fastest damn mace possible.... and this just happened to be on auction:

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=Mug O' Hurt

No mount for me I guess....

Kweh

I have trouble understanding all this weapon lark.

So am I right in thinking whether you go daggers, swords, sword / mace, maces you will still be good at pvp? Or does Mace/Mace edge it with a certain talent path? What about sword/dagger build?

At the moment I'm using daggers, but i'm willing to experiment other paths.

Kweh said:
I have trouble understanding all this weapon lark.

So am I right in thinking whether you go daggers, swords, sword / mace, maces you will still be good at pvp? Or does Mace/Mace edge it with a certain talent path? What about sword/dagger build?

At the moment I'm using daggers, but i'm willing to experiment other paths.

Everyone thinks whatever they're using is the best. It really depends on your build. Only thing I will agree with is that it's almost always better to go mace or sword in the offhand... Unless you have a kickass dagger. I'm dagger/mace at the moment.

MrCheez

I think the best idea is to try everything. :) Try to pick up a nice dagger and a nice sword/mace that are fairly close in quality. Head out to an area and start experimenting on a bunch of mobs of the same type and level. That's what I did. ;)

I can tell you that both Combat and Backstab rogues are very very close in effectiveness. Even if you agree with me that Combat rogues have the edge, but enjoyed playing as a Backstab Rogue more... I'd say to do that. Wouldn't be a huge loss, and enjoying your character is more important than anything else.

Ferrio said:

:lol

Ferrio

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
Everyone thinks whatever they're using is the best. It really depends on your build. Only thing I will agree with is that it's almost always better to go mace or sword in the offhand... Unless you have a kickass dagger. I'm dagger/mace at the moment.

I think the standard dagger builds are awesome. Troulbe is you need a *really* good dagger to make it really worth it. So i'm going to wait until I find that special dagger (gut ripper *cough*) until I spec back.

Ferrio

Banned
Dueled a warrior 4 levels higher than me and kicked his ass.

Dueled a paladin 1 level higher than me and barely lost. I got him down to a sliver of health with no mana left. twice he used his shield and healed fully. The fight went forever.

MrCheez

My favorite thing to do in PvP is to go kamikaze to scare the hell out of people. Was fighting a NE rogue of my level just outside goldshire, and when she was close to death she sprinted off to town and into the inn. So... I followed her the whole way. :) With like 4 guards on me I followed her in and upstairs, killing her in one of the rooms. Sure I died right after but shocking the hell out of other players like that is worth it. :D

Ferrio

Banned
Fought a paladin my level (he beat the other paladin pretty damn badly too) and won. He used up all his mana, and I disarmed him... so he was fucked. Stunned him a few times too.

SyNapSe

Ferrio said:
Fought a paladin my level (he beat the other paladin pretty damn badly too) and won. He used up all his mana, and I disarmed him... so he was fucked. Stunned him a few times too.

garrote- Rip - V

You should be able to get all 3 of those off normally fast enough to V. Then after that it's up to you. You have 2 DoT's on the Pally/Warrior.. the match is on. It's very much in the rogue's favor I think.

BlackMage

Banned
Ferrio said:
Dueled a warrior 4 levels higher than me and kicked his ass.

aren't you a rogue? if so, the warrior must have sucked! I eat rogues for breakfast.. it's the only class I can kill most of the time as a warrior.

MrCheez

Warhammer 40k said:
aren't you a rogue? if so, the warrior must have sucked! I eat rogues for breakfast.. it's the only class I can kill most of the time as a warrior.

I own other rogues too ;D I think most people just don't know how the heck to play their class.

Ferrio

Banned
Warhammer 40k said:

What's a warrior going to do if i keep disarming him... and hit waaaay faster than him? Ya as a dagger/assassin rogue I got my ass kicked by warriors. Not anymore. That jump around me like a fool doesn't work either... since none of my moves require me to be positioned in a certain way anymore.

MrCheez

The problem with warriors as a rogue, however, is every time you dodge they can use some crazy wtfpwn move on you. And of course, we dodge a lot. The real trick is to keep em constantly stunned. ;D

Kweh

Am I the only one that removed the 'Attack' icon from number 1 slot for something more useful and use T instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom