• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
New patch is supposed to come out today for the US. I'm disappointed. They're nerfing the 2handed warrior even more. This patch is hardly a buff for us. It makes the Mortal Strike build which everyone is using more underpowered than it was before. The nerf to First Aid is a further spit in the face of every warrior out there. I'm hanging up the axe till Blizzard actually starts helping instead of hurting this class.

Hey I got a question. If you have an underwater diver's helmet, can you go into those areas which previously were "too deep" and would cause you to become tired? Does this open new deep water dungeons?

Ferrio

Banned
First aid isn't a nerf, it's a bug fix. It wasn't suppose to be like that. It sucks yes, but it was never intended to be like that in the first place.

firex

Eggo said:
Hey I got a question. If you have an underwater diver's helmet, can you go into those areas which previously were "too deep" and would cause you to become tired? Does this open new deep water dungeons?
Nope, it (and anything else that allows underwater breathing) doesn't stop fatigue. except maybe the seal form that druids get.

Kweh

I'm pretty sure Aquatic form still has the fatigue bar. The quest for the form was a killer actually.

As for the patch, I opened all my ports and it downloaded in like 5 mins. Looks like i'll be doing that each time WoW gets patched :lol

ManaByte

My ISP blocks BT and "disable peer to peer" doesn't work at all, so looks like they are fucking over paying customers by not allowing them to download a patch for a game they are paying for. And this isn't like an offline game where you can play it without a patch.

firex

Kweh said:
I'm pretty sure Aquatic form still has the fatigue bar. The quest for the form was a killer actually.

As for the patch, I opened all my ports and it downloaded in like 5 mins. Looks like i'll be doing that each time WoW gets patched :lol
I should have added I think there's still some weird way you can use seal form to reset fatigue. I don't know how else people swam out to literally the edge of the sea on each continent.

Kweh

firex said:
I should have added I think there's still some weird way you can use seal form to reset fatigue. I don't know how else people swam out to literally the edge of the sea on each continent.

afaik isn't fatigue something that was added in some of the later patches? I've seen screenies and posts of people swimming around the world and hitting the "invisible wall", i always thought the fatigue metre was added purely because of this.

Also, anyone noticed on the map there are sea monsters? do you think they're future bosses?

Meier

Ferrio said:
First aid isn't a nerf, it's a bug fix. It wasn't suppose to be like that. It sucks yes, but it was never intended to be like that in the first place.

Sorry dude but a nerf is a nerf, whether or not it is a "bug fix" is irrelevant. I have 260 First Aid, I SHOULD be able to apply a bandage instantly compared to someone with 1 skill. They nerfed the fuck out of the worst class in this game when we needed serious, serious buffing.

SyNapSe

This is taking forever, not only that, but when I open up connection properties it seems like at any time I only have between 4-8 people I can even download from.

firex

Kweh said:
afaik isn't fatigue something that was added in some of the later patches? I've seen screenies and posts of people swimming around the world and hitting the "invisible wall", i always thought the fatigue metre was added purely because of this.

Also, anyone noticed on the map there are sea monsters? do you think they're future bosses?
fatigue has been in since like the start of beta, before druids were even put in. there have been various bugs to get around fatigue, though.

Kweh said:
Looks like a divers helmet, friend said she saw someone wearing one yesterday.

What are the stats? We presumed underwater breathing lol, but I guess its not a divers hat

That is a goblin rocket helmet. +15 sta, and every 20 minutes let's you charge down a bad guy and stun for 30 seconds.

The diver's helmet looks like this:

DIVE.jpg

It also gives +15 sta.

I'm also super pissed because one of the stupid dwarves in Uldaman drops a rocket helmet that does exact same thing as goblin one (Which takes a bunch of super annoyingly hard to find rocket feul) and has +10 agi, and 200 more armor.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I downloaded the patch earlier today with no problems, although I still don't like the system Blizzard has setup to distribute downloads. I haven't had a chance to play since the patch so I don't know how the changes will affect my warlock, but I think I'll be thankful tomorrow when I hit 38 and have to buy new skills (they lowered the cost for warlock skills).

Meier

I still havent finished downloading the patch. Tracker stopped working for me so I've been using the non p2p setup and it goes ridiculously slow.

Ahh never heard of that site but they rock. Just got the patch in 3 minutes -- thanks for the link!

And :lol @ the people crying "nerf." Just like every other MMO, no one will actually stop playing. Yeah, everyone wants to be the most powerful god class in the game. Get over it.

Zaptruder

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
And :lol @ the people crying "nerf." Just like every other MMO, no one will actually stop playing. Yeah, everyone wants to be the most powerful god class in the game. Get over it.

Fuck... you're one hellavu obnoxious WoW poster you know.

firex

warriors will get fixed. this isn't nearly as bad as they were early on in beta. back then they had no really good abilities at all, were 10x slower (every single special was tied to weapon attack except for revenge/overpower) and 2h weapons sucked.

Mrbob

There really needs to be a better way to get patches. This is fucking ridiculous. I'm on 3MB/sec brodband and average 8KB/sec.

Nevermind just saw MAF post. Thank god for FileFront.

Malakhov

Banned
I got the patch in minutes when it went live today.

As for warriors they didn't get nerfed that badly if you ask warriors who know about their stuff, anyways.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Malakhov said:
I got the patch in minutes when it went live today.

As for warriors they didn't get nerfed that badly if you ask warriors who know about their stuff, anyways.

Really? That's not what the warriors are saying on the message boards. We have a ton of problems with this patch:

1) MS nerfed - the one build that most warriors built their character around. 31 talent points in a skill that now sucks.

2) First Aid nerfed - one of our two ways of healing in combat taken away.

3) Sweeping Strikes/Cleave removed - our cool crowd control when mobbed combo has been removed without being documented in the patch notes.

4) Slam - proposed improvement never showed up. Pummel - proposed improvement not available at the class trainer.

5) Intercept - now does less damage and the cost to use has not been lowered.

Why do you think there's a thread that they keep bumping demanding that the invidual developer (Eno) who promised "Awesome changes" answer to the lynch mob that is calling for his name? Warriors are furious. I know I'm quitting the warrior, and so is a lev 42 friend. No point in playing a broken character until Blizzard fixes what they broke with this patch. Until then, it's time to abuse the Orc Rogue 'hemorrhage' until that is silently fixed.

Malakhov

Banned
The fact that you mentionned first aid is a joke. First aid was bugged and it wasn't working as intended.

I use first aid all the time and I'm really disapointed they've fixed but I knew it was coming.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Just because something is a bug doesn't mean it's bad for the game. Combos were a happy accident in Street Fighter 2, but did Capcom take them out? No, they expanded upon a cool gameplay mechanic.

First Aid the way it was provided strategy and options for melee classes who couldn't heal like Rogue and Warrior. Taking it away was a huge mistake on Blizzard's part, and the 26 page (at last count) thread in the general forum asking them to reconsider shows that the community is vehemently against it. If it was good for gameplay, why change it? Stop trying to troll and come to the table with a valid argument next time.

Alex

Did the patch fix the Soulstone junk? Hunter's ranged DPS is still wickedly bugged, forcing requips and recasting AoH everytime an ability negatively impacts your Attack Rating, bah, had to stop and play with it every other fight for the first half of Blackfathom again this evening. Damn Chilled ability.

Alex

By the way, what do you all do to level so quickly? Granted, I'm spread across two characters, but, it's been tricky.

Started to seriously slowdown when I hit 20, and now at 30, it's been really sluggish. Do you guys just retackle instances, grind exp, spam quests, any advice?

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Alex said:
Did the patch fix the Soulstone junk? Hunter's ranged DPS is still wickedly bugged, forcing requips and recasting AoH everytime an ability negatively impacts your Attack Rating, bah, had to stop and play with it every other fight for the first half of Blackfathom again this evening. Damn Chilled ability.

I have a friend who's a high level hunter and he said this bug is NOT fixed. He's pretty upset about that. As for how to gain exp, it seems the best way is to do quests as quickly as possible. If you can get help, do the orange ones. If not, do the yellow and green. They should be easy to manage and net you good exp. Grinding instances will get you items or cash (from selling items).

FINALLY EARNED BLOOD SAUSAGE RECIPIE! Spent ages trying to find guts :( Whatever, its mine now. Jerks.

Also, I just wanna say Wing Clip is like, the only useful hunter melee skill. Oh yes it rox.

Also, realistically, imagine someone running away or in the middle of a fight bandaging themselves up. its silly. Cant you learn a skill to make health potions or buy those instead?

Alex

Instances are great fun to grind. Finally just finished off the last part of Blackfathom tonight with our little Paladin, Rogue, Hunter trio. Too bad when the Paladin and my pet both lost aggro when I used the 40% ranged attack rate boost, and the goddamn
Hydra boss at the end
ate me in three hits. One hit did 374 damage, holy crap.

And I know the ranged DPS is still, stupidly broken, fuckin' ridiculous bug. You'd figure it'd be important enough to address since at LV.29 Hunter, it can shave anywhere between 5-15 DPS off if I wasn't aware of it, VERY common too.

I was mostly inquiring to other Warlocks (secondary character) if they fixed the also annoying as shit Soulstone Stamina bug

Thanks for the questy tips though, Eggo. We mostly play as a duo and tap the guild for reserves when heading into toughies, so mostly gonna be sticking to yellows.

Alex

"Cant you learn a skill to make health potions or buy those instead?"

Alchemy main, Herbalism support. Rocks. Few people seem to use it on my server as well, been considering giving it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom