• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I'll tell you a cheap way to make Buru easy the first few times. Buy Nature Protection Potions off the AH. Not the greater ones, the regular ones. They're usually incredibly cheap and 1 will give you the buffer against the final barrages.

Also, get him down to 24 or 23% by attacking him before popping the last egg if you can. If you can start his top-popping at 16 or 17% it's cake.

fallout

We found, in a guild made up of mostly blue gear, that Buru is a fight you can always get down to 1 or 2% (barring any major **** ups). The key thing we found for us were group heals and shamans with ankhs. First time we killed him, I had died. I rezzed back up and got lucky with windfury, heh. Still, properly used groups heals were absolutely necessary.

Boomer

Anyone alliance side here that's killed Viscidus? Currently getting pwned going on 4 hours now and only got him below 50% once...

Tamanon

Banned
Well we got a bit more progress into AQ20, downed Moam today. Of course he dropped the DPS warrior piece, no mage gear:p

Still, it felt good, we finally killed Rajaxx with Lt Dan up. Dude was selling 45s Major Mana Pots! Those things sold quickly, hehe, along with all the patterns:)

Went to try Ayamiss....we were near endtime anyways, near the middle of the RL explaining the fight, I noticed Ayamiss rise into the air.....

Yeah we wiped when someone started the fight before we even knew what to do lol. Still, a good, fun run, got about 2300 rep for CC which is always needed. I love being Human, you get your normal rep bonus and since you're alliance you usually get the Cenarion Favor on top of that.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Just one thing I'd like to ask;

Why do certain people get the fascination to reroll on new servers constantly when they're brought in? Just had quite a few Alliance people (who had obviously rerolled from another server) reroll from Blackwing Lair, to a brand new one already.

I just don't seem to understand it. Is it some challenge to create another character and race them upto lvl 60? Surely you'd get sick of the damn crap.

fallout said:
We found, in a guild made up of mostly blue gear, that Buru is a fight you can always get down to 1 or 2% (barring any major **** ups). The key thing we found for us were group heals and shamans with ankhs. First time we killed him, I had died. I rezzed back up and got lucky with windfury, heh. Still, properly used groups heals were absolutely necessary.

And Hunter's Aspect of the Wild. Very, very useful.

Working on Chrommy atm; Black/Bronze. Fun.

NME

I got my first piece of Tier 1 gear last night, my arcanist boots. Aside from my shoulders, it was the piece of gear I most needed to upgrade, so I was really excited.

Tamanon (and other mages): Magister's Bindings are found on trash mobs in LBRS, right? I haven't had any luck getting them to drop, and I need them to start the Tier 0.5 quest chain. Any advice you could give me for finding the things would be appreciated.

Tamanon

Banned
NME said:
I got my first piece of Tier 1 gear last night, my arcanist boots. Aside from my shoulders, it was the piece of gear I most needed to upgrade, so I was really excited.

Tamanon (and other mages): Magister's Bindings are found on trash mobs in LBRS, right? I haven't had any luck getting them to drop, and I need them to start the Tier 0.5 quest chain. Any advice you could give me for finding the things would be appreciated.

Actually they drop off trash mobs in UBRS. When I wanted to start those quests they were cheap on the AH, lol.

NME

I've heard trash in UBRS (I have yet to see it and I've killed Drakk about half a dozen times) and LBRS (only been there for Warlord's Command). I guess I just need some luck one of these days.

No luck on our AH, either. I check two or three times a day...plenty of belts and gloves, but the bindings haven't been around in weeks.

Also, on a different subject: How important is mana regen gear for mages in general? Obviously it's more beneficial in longer fights, but in terms of mana regen over +spell damage or +crit% gear?

Tamanon

Banned
Basically never take mana regen gear over damage or crit/hit:p

Besides, a lot of set pieces comes with mana regen on it. I think I'm currently at 421 damage, with 29 mana/5. The mana/5 is barely noticeable, especially since I've already got the Arcane Meditation or whatever talent that allows mana regen while casting. That + Mage Armor + Evocation means you shouldn't have any problems with mana.

explodet

Don't forget those mana gems, another free source of mana as long as your bags aren't clogged with conjured water. You can conjure a mana ruby and a mana citrine, and during really long fights you can pop one then another.

NME

Tamanon said:
Basically never take mana regen gear over damage or crit/hit:p

Besides, a lot of set pieces comes with mana regen on it. I think I'm currently at 421 damage, with 29 mana/5. The mana/5 is barely noticeable, especially since I've already got the Arcane Meditation or whatever talent that allows mana regen while casting. That + Mage Armor + Evocation means you shouldn't have any problems with mana.

Which is exactly what I noticed in MC last night.

I've only just gotten my Magisters set pieces (4/8) and as of last night my Arcanist Boots (1/8). The rest of my gear is in the double digits for intellect and/or gives me +spell damage or +crit%.

And this works pretty well so far. My high crit is 1599 which isn't particularly strong, but I'm 17/0/34 and with only one piece of my Tier 1 gear, so I could be doing worse.

But yeah, the reason I asked about the +mana regen gear was because I have more or less a full set that I've been carrying around with me for a few weeks and I'd love to know it would be ok to disenchant the stuff and free up all that room. After last night's MC run, in which I only used evocation once the whole night, I was pretty sure, but I always appreciate a second opinion.

firex

Not yet, and I'm avoiding the topic about it in gaming cause I don't want it spoiled for me.

edit: also in general, spell hit is WAY superior to spell crit. spell crit adds roughly 1% dps, 2% if you have ice shards/ruin, while hit adds a lot more. I forget the exact numbers on what hit adds, but it's by far the more important caster stat. -resist is also quite overrated... it's only really good for pvping, unless you can somehow hit -50 resist and like 12% or higher spell hit.

border

South Park didn't suck, but it wasn't funny at all either. Mostly just the same sort of jokes people have been making about WoW and MMORPGs for 8 years. If you're the type that finds WoW machinima hilarious, you'll probably think it's a riot.

Boomer

firex said:
Not yet, and I'm avoiding the topic about it in gaming cause I don't want it spoiled for me.

edit: also in general, spell hit is WAY superior to spell crit. spell crit adds roughly 1% dps, 2% if you have ice shards/ruin, while hit adds a lot more. I forget the exact numbers on what hit adds, but it's by far the more important caster stat. -resist is also quite overrated... it's only really good for pvping, unless you can somehow hit -50 resist and like 12% or higher spell hit.

Actually spell hit is better than crit until you hit the max %hit (vs bosses its 16 for locks, 10 for mages if they're specced right). If you have ice shards/ruin, hit and crit amount to about the same +dmg.

Also in my experience -resist does a lot for your dps, although I do have -50 resist.

fallout

border said:
South Park didn't suck, but it wasn't funny at all either. Mostly just the same sort of jokes people have been making about WoW and MMORPGs for 8 years. If you're the type that finds WoW machinima hilarious, you'll probably think it's a riot.
I dunno, it had a certain charm to it. Still, nothing I'd really have the desire to watch again.

firex

That's a good point that there's a cap on getting spell hit, but with how little of it there is in general, I prioritize it way over crit or -resists. My current ideal gear setup is still like 11 or 12% spell hit.

NME

firex said:
That's a good point that there's a cap on getting spell hit, but with how little of it there is in general, I prioritize it way over crit or -resists. My current ideal gear setup is still like 11 or 12% spell hit.

Do you know of any site that compares the various DPS caster attributes?

It seems to me someone would have broken down the affects that each attribute offers and compared them to each other, but I haven't found such a comparison yet.

Tamanon

Banned
NME said:
Do you know of any site that compares the various DPS caster attributes?

It seems to me someone would have broken down the affects that each attribute offers and compared them to each other, but I haven't found such a comparison yet.

Download Theorycraft from Curse-gaming:)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Also other than logging into the game is there a way to log into your character via the website? Reason being I want to show my friend what items I have and such without having to be ingame and take a screenshot.

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
Also other than logging into the game is there a way to log into your character via the website? Reason being I want to show my friend what items I have and such without having to be ingame and take a screenshot.

You can manually do it yourself at ctprofiles. Otherwise you'd have to download a mod from RPGOutfitter. It automatically scans your character when you log in and uploads the info to their webpage for viewing.

Mazre

http://ctprofiles.net

The next best thing, have to enter everything manually though.

edit: Beaten =(

tale said:
Serenity.
Decursive.
Watchdog / Clique.
CTMod/RA.

And AVOID Emergency Monitor and Click Heal. Crutches, the both of them. Heal in dungeons till you can get good at predicting damage and aggro gain/loss and don't need them any more.

I've also taken a dim view of Healpoints for anything other than the calculation mod that it's supposed to be and once was. I had to doctor the recent version so it would stop showing "-112 Heal Points" or whatever at the bottom of a mouseover box (****ing huge with DKP values and set bonuses), like I give a rat's ass about that if I'm going for 5MRPT in a Dispelling fight. :?

Alex

I love Emergency Monitor in PvP, am I a bad person?

In raids though, it sucks, completely and absolutely. Calling it a crutch is being really, really kind.

SaitoH

Avoid too many mods. Like SatelliteOfLove said, they are crutches. I use a mod that lets me assign heals to mouse buttons, otherwise just raid assist and info mods for me.

ManaByte

Ok the BG exploit is annoying. Basically you can get into a BG queue and if you level before joining the BG you still go in. So if you join the 10-19 BG queue and somehow level to 20 or 22 before going in, you can go in the low level BG at a higher level.

border

You've been playing this long and never realized that? I did it everytime I hit ten levels :D Get 100-200 XP away from a ding, sign up, then turn in the tokens for some other BG quest to push you over the limit.

You can really only do it once per ten levels, so it's pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of the Honor System.

Tamanon

Banned
SatelliteOfLove said:
And AVOID Emergency Monitor and Click Heal. Crutches, the both of them. Heal in dungeons till you can get good at predicting damage and aggro gain/loss and don't need them any more.

I've also taken a dim view of Healpoints for anything other than the calculation mod that it's supposed to be and once was. I had to doctor the recent version so it would stop showing "-112 Heal Points" or whatever at the bottom of a mouseover box (****ing huge with DKP values and set bonuses), like I give a rat's ass about that if I'm going for 5MRPT in a Dispelling fight. :?

It'll be kinda funny to see what happens to those healers that relied on Click Heal and the like the whole time since Blizz is apparently taking out the click-to-cast UI mods with the expansion:)

ManaByte

border said:
You've been playing this long and never realized that? I did it everytime I hit ten levels :D Get 100-200 XP away from a ding, sign up, then turn in the tokens for some other BG quest to push you over the limit.

You can really only do it once per ten levels, so it's pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of the Honor System.

Plate wearing classes in the level 30 BG are annoying.

border

Well, having an entire set of plate ready to go for when you level to 40 is kind of an asshole thing to do -- though I think I bought a mount and used it in the 30-39 BG, so maybe I shouldn't complain. :lol 30-39 is full of twinks anyhow, so it's just slightly evening the score for one round.

firex

I wouldn't be surprised... mass dispel and smaller raids + paladins on both sides means dispelling will be a lot easier to control.

Nice AQ20 run tonight. We killed buru for the first time, on our first try of the night :D Got slime kickers (yay!)

Got to ayamiss after lots of dying on mobs b4. By the time we got to him we were 1 man down and really 1 mayb 2 healers short. Somehow he got pulled and we died very quickly.

Those maggots on the altar are fast lol

fallout

Yeah, the trash between Buru and Ayamiss gave us hell at first too. Even when we had it down, we were garaunteed to lose a few people.

Meantime said:
What what what???

Well locks have a curse now that explodes if dispelled, right?

that's going to hurt.

Hey does anyone have a link to a tutorial that teaches you about Discord mod? I really want to install this thing, and some of the art mods, to make my newly level 60'ed druid able to heal in raids without staring at ugly ass normal UI.

I use CTraid, Fubar, 'bongos' (like a shitty discord, but I UNDERSTAND IT) and shit like that now

but yeah. Thanks guys PLEASE HELP ME :(

Alex said:
Don't go from Buru to Ayamiss, take the other path.

Go Buru > Moam > Ossirian > Ayamiss.

yeah from what I've heard Ayamiss seems pretty tough.

one question though, how do u get from Buru to moam?

fallout

MrPing1000 said:
one question though, how do u get from Buru to moam?
Double back through the courtyard, or whatever it's called where Rajaxx was.

TheRuinsofAhnQiraj.jpg

Mute

Banned
Hey, with the new riding skill thing, if I were to buy a Rank 11 PvP mount, would I need exalted with *blank* faction to ride it? Like, if I were an Undead and I bought a Rank 11 Kodo, would I need exalted with ThunderBluff to ride it?

It's possible, Mute. It doesn't specify which riding, but none of the mounts do. It's important to note that the rank 11 mounts do NOT require epic riding skill, if you didn't already know.

firex

I think the new change to riding skill makes it universal, so you don't need a specific mount's riding skill, but just the faction to buy their mount. So pvp mounts shouldn't require exalted with any faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom