• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

If you can get AB exalted without getting rank 10, tell me your secret. :( It grinds so slowly! I'd love to get the dagger for my Mage.

Haha, well, I've pvped pretty much all through the 30s and 40s, and since I'm exalted with WSG already, I just play AB. I'm already 11000/21000, but I don't really grind honor like I used to. And I'm going for Ironbark staff personally. I <3 Spell crit.

fallout

Alex said:
Outside of a few rarities, MC loot has aged pretty poorly for casters. Actually, in general, so has tier 1. For most classes the BLUE PvP set is better than tier 1 :p
Not for Shamans! Unless you've got a lot of tier 3, I garauntee that they're still wearing around 5/8 tier 1.

"Lucky! Then again, I'm alliance, and I only pug nowadays.

WHAT R VICTORY?"

Hehe, my rogue was rank 10 by level 57 :p. You'd swear alliance pre-60 on my server had chinese powerlevelers grind their characters.

yacobod

Banned
since xserver bgs opened its like instaques for everything

since they buffed wsg and ab rep a couple of patches ago, it should be cupcakes to hit exalted in both relatively quickly

It would be, but I get stuck with short-bussers when I go solo nowadays, plus all the shitty alliance "farm teams" have stopped coming so I get the same highly geared, highly coordinated groups over and over.

Zalasta

fallout said:
Not for Shamans! Unless you've got a lot of tier 3, I garauntee that they're still wearing around 5/8 tier 1.

So true, I got my Ten Storms Helm a month ago and Legplates last night, but those will be sitting in my bank because I don't consider them upgrade from Earthfury. I'll still complete the set, but the only pieces I'd replace with would be Feet, Wrist and probably Hands. Shaman T2 is really bad.

ManaByte

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/collectors.html

We're happy to announce that World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade will ship in standard as well as Collector's Edition packages. The Collector's Edition will come in a special box that contains many exclusive extras to enhance your adventure into Outland, including: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade on both CD and DVD
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Behind-the-Scenes DVD
The Art of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Hardcover Art Book
Exclusive In-Game Pet: Netherwhelp
Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Starter Packs, plus Exclusive Cards
Map of Outland Mouse Pad
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Soundtrack CD

The behind-the-scenes DVD will offer more than two hours worth of developer interviews and commentary on all aspects of the creation of The Burning Crusade, as well as trailers and cinematics from the game, and even footage of panel discussions from BlizzCon.

Collector's Edition owners will also be able to take their adventures from the computer to the tabletop, with two starter packs for the new World of Warcraft Trading Card Game -- one for themselves and one to share with a friend. In addition, Collector's Edition owners will receive three exclusive tournament-legal World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards to incorporate in their decks or trade with other World of Warcraft TCG players.

With the Collector's Edition-exclusive in-game pet, the netherwhelp, you'll be the envy of your guildmates and other players as you roam the expanses of Outland and Azeroth. We'll post an image of the netherwhelp, offspring of the nether drake flying mount, in the near future.

A soundtrack CD with stirring music from the expansion pack, a beautiful coffee table book with exclusive concept art, and an Outland-themed mouse pad round out the wealth of bonus items available in the Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Further details on the contents, as well as pricing and availability info, will be announced at a later date.

bc-collectors.jpg

bc-standardbox.jpg

shit, it was hard enough getting the Collectors box with WoW, back when no one new it was gonna be so damn huge.... now its gonna be damn near impossible to get =/

Alex

Well, they just nerfed Warlocks BC affliction tree again, even harder. There's becoming littler and littler point to go anything but Destro.

Alex

They make all these changes, yet they leave surprise attacks in... God Blizzard is dumb, that big thread with the CM who didnt even know how the game mechanics for backstab functioned was hilarious.

Eek, I just saw the warlock changes myself and...I'm sorta not-miffed. Shadowfury working like a grenade (or so I assume) is kinda cool, backlash is ****ing *amazing*. I've always wanted Nightfall, but didn't want to give up all my heavy destro talents. Soul Leech got buffed (It was 30% chance to heal 10% wasn't it?) and as much as it pains to say...Nether Protection was kinda broken :p.

Tamanon

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Eek, I just saw the warlock changes myself and...I'm sorta not-miffed. Shadowfury working like a grenade (or so I assume) is kinda cool, backlash is ****ing *amazing*. I've always wanted Nightfall, but didn't want to give up all my heavy destro talents. Soul Leech got buffed (It was 30% chance to heal 10% wasn't it?) and as much as it pains to say...Nether Protection was kinda broken :p.

I had a mage friend of mine tell me "Nether Protection will make warlocks able to OWN us mages in PvP"

I could tell he didn't PvP much:p

explodet

Tamanon said:
I had a mage friend of mine tell me "Nether Protection will make warlocks able to OWN us mages in PvP"

I could tell he didn't PvP much:p
:lol
A well-specced warlock might as well drop epics for mages in PvP!
Was that silence added to Unstable Affliction or was it always there? Crazy.

Speaking of mages, Dragon's Breath is looking better, as a blue has said dots like ignite won't break the disorient effect. And Slow will affect casting speed as well as melee/ranged. No news on exactly what the water elemental will do though.

Tamanon

Banned
explodet said:
:lol
A well-specced warlock might as well drop epics for mages in PvP!
Was that silence added to Unstable Affliction or was it always there? Crazy.

Speaking of mages, Dragon's Breath is looking better, as a blue has said dots like ignite won't break the disorient effect. And Slow will affect casting speed as well as melee/ranged. No news on exactly what the water elemental will do though.

If Slow affects casting speed, I will officially be 41 Arcane.....that's just silly. Then I'll just have to decide if I'll stick with Frost or fire for the secondary.

explodet

I'm not 100% sold on Slow, it seems to be still a tad expensive to be spamming it every 15 seconds. I might take it if none of the other mages in my raid do, though. Sounds good against those last-minute enrages, but it'll probably drop your dps a fair chunk.

And a blue clarified - if it can be affected by Thunderfury proc, Thunderclap or Curse of Tongues, it can be Slowed. That's most raid bosses.

Tamanon

Banned
explodet said:
I'm not 100% sold on Slow, it seems to be still a tad expensive to be spamming it every 15 seconds. I might take it if none of the other mages in my raid do, though. Sounds good against those last-minute enrages, but it'll probably drop your dps a fair chunk.

Oh I'm just thinking of the uses in PvP also:p

Ripclawe

Banned
Tamanon said:
Goddammit....looks like I'll be preordering the Collector's Edition..... hope it's under $100:lol

gamestop has it

World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Collector's Edition
PC
$69.99

though that 11/28 ship date annoys me.

Wow, our hunter accidentally started the Rajaxx fight before we had gone over everything for people who'd never been before (a good chunk of us) and we managed to get all the way to Rajaxx himself and down to 65%. Really fun fight that is.

Tamanon

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Wow, our hunter accidentally started the Rajaxx fight before we had gone over everything for people who'd never been before (a good chunk of us) and we managed to get all the way to Rajaxx himself and down to 65%. Really fun fight that is.

Rajaxx is great when it doesn't bug. There's nothing more annoying than killing the first 7 waves and then seeing Rajaxx start towards you and the entire room repop....

Yeah....that's all 8 waves at once. AKA "Run back from GY, wait for Dan"

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Link to all the changes? What's happening with priests? I heard someone say no more healing at all for shadow priests wtf D:

firex

boo to vampiric touch over dark mend, but damn do I like the changes to unstable affliction. however, I'm going to get backlash instead of nether protection now, but I'm still going 44 destro/17 demon. they fixed all the complaints with shadowfury that I could've had now.

also, holy concentration = omg awesome.

edit: and I know they didn't change it any, but jesus I love the shaman talents in the expac. I just hope that on my lock and pally I can get a 41 elemental shaman in my group...

Azwethinkweiz said:
Hunter talents/spells leaked and are on worldofraids right now.

yeah, here they are, so people dont have to find them:

Talents

Beast Mastery

Tier 6 - Animal Handler - Increases your speed while mounted by 4% and your pet's chance to hit by 2%. The mounted movement speed increase does not stack with other effects. (8/4%)
Tier 7 - Ferocious Inspiration - When your pet scores a critical hit, all party members have all damage increased by 1% for 10 sec. (2/3%)
Tier 7 - Catlike Reflexes - Increases your chance to dodge and your pet's chance to dodge by an additional 2%. (4/6%)
Tier 8 - Serpent's Swiftness - Increases ranged combat attack speed by 4% and your pet's melee attack speed by 4%. (8+8/12+12/16+16/20+20%)
Tier 9 - The Beast Within - When your pet is under the effects of Bestial Wrath, you also go into a rage causing 30% additional damage for 18 sec. While enraged, you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed.

Survival

Tier 4 - Resourcefulness - Reduces the mana cost of all traps and melee abilities by 20% and reduces the cooldown of all traps by 2 sec. ( 40%+4sec/60%+6sec)
Tier 6 - Survival Instincts - Reduces all damage taken by 2%. (4%)
Tier 7 - Thrill of the Hunt - Gives you a 33% chance to regain 50% of the mana cost of any shot when it critically hits. (66/100%)
Tier 7 - Expose Weakness - Your ranged criticals have a 10% chance to apply an Expose Weakness effect to the target. Expose Weakness increases the attack power of all attackers against that target by 25% of your Agility for 7 sec. (20/30%)
Tier 8 - Master Tactician - Your successful ranged attacks have a 25% chance to increase your critical strike chance with all attacks by 1% for 8 sec. (2/3/4/5%)
Tier 9 - Readiness - When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on your other Hunter abilities.

Marksmanship

Tier 5 - Silent Hunter - Reduces threat from all attacks by 7%. (12/17%)
Tier 6 - Combat Experience - Increases your total Agility, Stamina and Intellect by 3%. (6%)
Tier 7 - Displacement - Reduces your chance to be hit by all attacks by 1%. (2/3%)
Tier 7 - Zen Marksmanship - Increases your ranged attack power by an amount equal to 8% of your total Intellect. (16/25%)
Tier 8 - Master Marksman - Increases your ranged attack power by 2%. (4/6/8/10%)
Tier 9 - Silencing Shot - A shot that deals 50% weapon damage and Silences the target for 3 sec.

Spells

Level
Kill Command
Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly attack for an additional 127 damage. Can only be used after the Hunter lands a critical strike on the target.

Level 62
Aspect of the Viper
The hunter takes on the aspects of a viper, regenerating mana equal to 25% of his Intellect every 5 sec. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Level 64
Steady Shot
A steady shot that causes RAP*0.3+100 damage. Causes an additional 175 against Dazed targets.

Level 68
Snake Trap
Place a trap that will release several venomous snakes to attack the first enemy to approach. The snakes will die after 15 sec. Trap will exist for 60 sec. Only one trap can be active at a time.

All Talents seems up to speed now, just a couple of Base Skills

Pets

New Pet Types
Dragonhawk
Dragonhawk Fire - Targets in a cone in front of the caster take $m1*3 Fire damage over 2 sec.

Teza
www.worldofraids.com

Alex

Wasn't that the site that had Druid talents leaked that ended up *completely* wrong? Mark of the Claw and whatnot.

Pretty sure it was.

"Tier 9 - The Beast Within - When your pet is under the effects of Bestial Wrath, you also go into a rage causing 30% additional damage for 18 sec. While enraged, you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed."

Terminator!

Tamanon

Banned
Well, with those, it looks like Survival will be the new raid spec, at least a good amount in survival. Expose Weakness:)

NME

vumpler said:
So are these updates for the priest a good thing, bad thing or just ok thing.?

That all depends on whether or not you are or plan to play a priest.

Healing in shadow form would have probably been easy mode, though. Maybe. I don't remember how much you could heal for any more.

...and that's really the only priest change I remember. Aside from getting a shadow creature instead of three shades to fight for you. But that's probably not a big change.

Tamanon said:
Well, with those, it looks like Survival will be the new raid spec, at least a good amount in survival. Expose Weakness:)

I think having one survival hunter in the raid is all you need. The rest should probably be TSA to help their groups.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
NME said:
That all depends on whether or not you are or plan to play a priest.

Healing in shadow form would have probably been easy mode, though. Maybe. I don't remember how much you could heal for any more.

...and that's really the only priest change I remember. Aside from getting a shadow creature instead of three shades to fight for you. But that's probably not a big change.

Well the reason I was wondering is because my 3 friends and I are 60ing a dwarf priest asap. We're at level 21 and its only been 2 days around the clock. Which I'm sure that's not very fast but being as it took me 2 months to get to level 36 on my mage this is incredibly fast lol.

firex

I don't think dark mend would have been game breaking, but I guess blizzard didn't like it. It was basically a weaksauce flash heal (the max rank of it, which I'd assume is at level 70, was about as good as the current max rank of flash heal) but I'd assume that since it's shadow, +shadow effects would enhance it. If nothing else it would make shadow priests quite viable in 5 mans in shadowform, with a hybrid.

Well I've been in my guild 2 weeks or so and already I've been asked if I would like to lead raids :lol

SO tonight I led AQ20, first 2 bosses down, rijaxx took 2 tries he's always a bit funny but I think we have the strategy down pretty well now.

Not enuff drainers for moam so we went to buru for the first time ever.

Fun fight, 5% first time (20% when he popped) 4% second time (14% when we popped him) 10% or so 3rd time.

Still he was the first boss I've fought thats quite different.

We'll get him soon, unofficial try tomorrow hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom