• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
border said:
This thread tends towards cyclical arguments......I think Ferrio has had to defend his possession of Thunderfury at least 3 times :lol
This thread = Hunters suck, I just got exalted in AV, Haha Ferrio uses lifestealing on TF, destro locks are fun, and fifty different ways to make the identical rogue build.

firex

Alex said:
My raid build was 33/13/5 (Imp. BoM). All the buffs (sans sanct, which really doesnt matter), and all improved.

Take devo and toughness for padding. Well actually... redoubt or shield block might not be that bad if we actually take regularly in the ex pack, but given the requirements to actually block something, it's a waste to take them as is.

Plus, I have 10,000 armor with toughness and devo on! Big numbers are fun!

Only time I tanked in current WoW was on Fankriss, bug tanking was really fun.
that sounds awesome. I'd been told get redoubt and shield spec, but honestly I didn't think those would be that good. at least improved devotion aura would help my group assuming I'd get put in tank groups (wouldn't be too different than on my lock, since my conflag spec still has improved imp) but honestly what I'm doing is precision + guardian's favor for the next 5 points up to 10. actually, I'll just link my build. It's probably not perfect, but it's really designed around healbot + BoK. I just figure gear-wise, I'll be more likely to get that kind of gear than the tank stuff, even though it would be so fun to have crit immunity.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=aVxuMgzbeotxGp0Mh

Tamanon

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
This thread = Hunters suck, I just got exalted in AV, Haha Ferrio uses lifestealing on TF, destro locks are fun, and fifty different ways to make the identical rogue build.

Actually, I thought it was haha Ferrio's guild sucks for giving him TF?

Alex

The new trees for Paladin are fairly dissapointing, mostly because ALL of the 41's suck, especially Holy, and they NERFED it in a revision already. It sucked to begin with!

10 seconds for 50% on heals is just useless. Paladin is a healing god, you never go OOM on Paladin. If it was 2 minute cooldown for 20 seconds, it might be a bit better for certain situations.

But no, barring like Patchwerk, I dont even have to drink a pot, I dont even need to use a pot to heal on twin emps.

Between Flash of Light, Rank Four Holy Light + BOL, Divine Favor and a 21% raid buffed crit rate, theres never a problem with efficency.

Alex said:
As for survivability, theyre better than Shaman by a fair margain against melee, but casters will rock your face as a Paladin, well, Locks and Mages, compared to Shaman. What I wouldnt give for totems sometimes.

Pallies that do three things in PvP are great:

Cleanse/BoF like fiends.

Chain stun with repentance/HoJ.

Play "The Shiny", aka, the guy that runs in, bubbles, and pulls all the paint-chip munchers away from an objective. I'd macro a laugh or *neutral* /point over and over if I did that, (and I would, only thing that pulls attention in a BG more than a crappily geared Warrior is a pally alone). :p

Hero

firex said:
They can nerf it as soon as they give horde Fear Ward.

But then again this is Hero, the guy who cries about every pvp advantage horde has.

fallout said:
:lol I was going to make a comment, but I figured it would get lost in the usual warlock/rogue banter (not that I'm complaining).

It's funny, I don't quite know what the complaints about War Stomp are (which got mentioned earlier). As a Shaman, it nets me an extra LHW (less healing wave) in an optimal setting and if I remember what I read, it resets your weapon swing time, which certainly isn't a plus. I guess it's frustrating to the opposing player, which may add some kind of psychological aspect to it.

WotF is overpowered, but no more than Fear Ward. I get tremor totem, which is kind of like a lottery (it only works if you don't get feared out of range by the time it pulses).

Personally, the only time I've ever really bitched about racials was the shadowmeld bug.

If Alliance had any kind of racial pvp that was as powerful as WotF then I wouldn't say anything, but to dispute the fact that the ability changes the fundamentals of many classes is just idiocy. Fear Ward? Is that seriously the best you can do? Let's see, Fear Ward...wards fear..so....Warlocks/Priests have a tough time against a Dwarf Priest. Which are no where near as plentiful as Forsaken Priest/Rogue/Warlock. Forsaken, in terms of player population, are up there with Night Elves, so just about every single class is at a severe handicap just from engaging the player.

And yes, apparently there are going to rework racials for Burning Crusade. WotF will be nerfed.

yacobod

Banned
Boomer said:
yacobd I would wtfpwn you without a pet.

warlock >>>>>> warrior in pvp. lern2play noob QQ more

owned

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ok lol i've been wtfpwnd

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

1v1 and in duels a lock is a much better pvp class i agree
in grp pvp a warrior with a team of healers owns all
if you disagree, then ur an idiot, or never ran into a good pvp team
this isnt even up for discussion, its fact

Tamanon

Banned
Hero said:
If Alliance had any kind of racial pvp that was as powerful as WotF then I wouldn't say anything, but to dispute the fact that the ability changes the fundamentals of many classes is just idiocy. Fear Ward? Is that seriously the best you can do? Let's see, Fear Ward...wards fear..so....Warlocks/Priests have a tough time against a Dwarf Priest. Which are no where near as plentiful as Forsaken Priest/Rogue/Warlock. Forsaken, in terms of player population, are up there with Night Elves, so just about every single class is at a severe handicap just from engaging the player.

And yes, apparently there are going to rework racials for Burning Crusade. WotF will be nerfed.

What? How DARE you disregard .....WISP FORM!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Shadowmeld is funny.

I respecced my Shaman to Restoration awhile ago (not in a raiding guild) and really learning how much fun it is. I mean, I'm not a healing-whore Priest but easily finding out that it really takes awhile to take me down. Can't wait to duel a 60 Elem/Resto Shaman build and see how I go because every other Shaman build seems to fall to the wayside when I go up against them.

I'll most likely be respeccing once again to the typical Elem/Resto build as the only reason I did this was to let our main Priest catch up and he's 50 now.

firex

Hero said:

fear ward: 1/4 the cooldown of wotf, 10 minute duration, blocks next fear effect
wotf: 2 minute cooldown, 5 second duration of immunity

again, cry all you want about it needing to be nerfed just like every other thing that keeps your uber leet XxXLegolasxXx night elf from getting more HKs. until the horde gets Fear Ward so they are balanced for pve, they can't change wotf.

this is a pve game far more than a pvp game, so until they give the horde completely equal footing in pve with Fear Ward, they shouldn't change wotf at all.

yacobod

Banned
wotf is working as intended, no need to change it

one of the more underrated horde racials is bloodfury, extra 25% AP on a 2 min coolie is OP, its like a free deathwish or earthstrike

yacobod

Banned
you can always leave general chat :p

or just dont quest there

although lfg channel now is pretty much barrens chat

what is the equivalent of barrens chat for alliance?

Mareg

yacobod said:
you can always leave general chat :p

or just dont quest there

although lfg channel now is pretty much barrens chat

The LFG channel.

Mazre

Basically any zone of the same level, the difference being that it's spread over 3-4 zones rather than all those people in the same spot at once.

Tritroid

Alex said:
The new trees for Paladin are fairly dissapointing, mostly because ALL of the 41's suck, especially Holy, and they NERFED it in a revision already. It sucked to begin with!

10 seconds for 50% on heals is just useless. Paladin is a healing god, you never go OOM on Paladin. If it was 2 minute cooldown for 20 seconds, it might be a bit better for certain situations.

But no, barring like Patchwerk, I dont even have to drink a pot, I dont even need to use a pot to heal on twin emps.

Between Flash of Light, Rank Four Holy Light + BOL, Divine Favor and a 21% raid buffed crit rate, theres never a problem with efficency.
I tend to disagree, I think the new Paladin talents are pretty solid. I think Protection probably got the best in terms of new material, but Holy is still a very powerful tree. And Holy wasn't exactly nerfed in 1.9, if anything it got buffed. The only real 'nerf' you could say it got was the removal of Sanctity aura, if you can even really call that a nerf. Other than that, mostly all other holy talents in the 1.9 revision were improved upon.

The only 41 talent I agree sucks is the Retribution 41 talent. That one is pretty worthless with how the game calculates crit level currently. But that's supposed to all change in BC, so it's possible the 41 Ret talent might not be as bad as some think. I also think that Protection's 41 talent is just flat out awesome. It's basically a chain lightning for us with the ability to stun, and that rocks imo.

Alex

No, I meant the 41 point talent was already nerfed since unveiling.

It is an absolutely worthless talent now, even moreso than before.

Tritroid

Alex said:
No, I meant the 41 point talent was already nerfed since unveiling.

It is an absolutely worthless talent now, even moreso than before.
The holy 41? I didn't even know it was changed.

Hero

firex said:
fear ward: 1/4 the cooldown of wotf, 10 minute duration, blocks next fear effect
wotf: 2 minute cooldown, 5 second duration of immunity

again, cry all you want about it needing to be nerfed just like every other thing that keeps your uber leet XxXLegolasxXx night elf from getting more HKs. until the horde gets Fear Ward so they are balanced for pve, they can't change wotf.

this is a pve game far more than a pvp game, so until they give the horde completely equal footing in pve with Fear Ward, they shouldn't change wotf at all.

I used to think you were just ignorant, but now I've confirmed that you're stupid as well.

Apparently you missed:
Fear Ward? Is that seriously the best you can do? Let's see, Fear Ward...wards fear..so....Warlocks/Priests have a tough time against a Dwarf Priest. Which are no where near as plentiful as Forsaken Priest/Rogue/Warlock. Forsaken, in terms of player population, are up there with Night Elves, so just about every single class is at a severe handicap just from engaging the player.

I'll spell it out for you even clearer now:

WotF = Available to EVERY FORSAKEN CLASS.
Fear Ward = Available to DWARF PRIEST

Please try to say that dwarf priests are anywhere near as plentiful as Forsaken warlock/mage/priest/rogue/warrior. I would love another laugh.

yacobod

Banned
qq more

nobody forced you to roll alliance or a night elf

if you wanted WotF you couldve rolled horde

deal with your decision

but dont cry for nerfs

Fularu

Banned
Hero said:
I used to think you were just ignorant, but now I've confirmed that you're stupid as well.

Apparently you missed:

Please try to say that dwarf priests are anywhere near as plentiful as Forsaken warlock/mage/priest/rogue/warrior. I would love another laugh.

QQ some more please, you really are entertaining.

explodet

Just wait until the expansion and we get people griping about the Blood Elf silence or the Dranei HOT. :p

I'd also like to take this time and say thanks to troll Berzerking (and the MQG) I was able to cast 1.8 second fireballs against Huhuran during her berzerk. Our third kill - lousy loot so far though. I figure I should grab those Engima boots one of these days because the Broodlord is being stingy.

Tamanon

Banned
explodet said:
Just wait until the expansion and we get people griping about the Blood Elf silence or the Dranei HOT. :p

I'd also like to take this time and say thanks to troll Berzerking (and the MQG) I was able to cast 1.8 second fireballs against Huhuran during her berzerk. Our third kill - lousy loot so far though. I figure I should grab those Engima boots one of these days because the Broodlord is being stingy.

What are you wearing now? Personally I can't see banking my Betrayer Boots from ZG until I pick up Ringo's Blizzard Boots if at all.

Tritroid

yacobod said:
by and large the loot out of aq40 is pretty crappy except for cthun

cthun loot = :)
Yeah.

Aside from the loot though, I think the Cthun fight alone is worth the trip to AQ40. One of the best thought-out and overall fun fights in the game imo.

explodet

Tamanon said:
What are you wearing now? Personally I can't see banking my Betrayer Boots from ZG until I pick up Ringo's Blizzard Boots if at all.
Good ol' Arcanist boots, which I'm keeping around mainly for the crit. I can never make the ZG runs, and Ringo's boots never drop, but we've disenchanted about 3 Draconic Mauls.

firex

Hero said:

Apparently you missed:

I figured you were smart enough to realize fear ward can be cast on ANYONE, which is a bit more balancing since it means just a couple dwarf priests can cover 3-4 people easily, compared to wotf being self-only.

But hey, go on ahead and be willfully ignorant of major details like that and resort to personal attacks.

Tritroid

I would like to see my guild down Kel'thuzad before BC tbh. I'm burnt out on raiding too, but it'd be nice to get the last of the 40man raids over and done with.

We're currently working on Gothik/Loatheb right now, which leaves just 4horsemen, Sapphiron, and Kel to go!

well unfortunately for me the relaxed nature of my guild has made zg progress a bit sloppy. Getting 3 capable warriors to raid at the same time has been difficult the past week or so. + we only do zg twice a week and 1 of them I can't make due to uni, although I often get in an hour or so after it starts. They got to hakkar b4 i joined the guild just ain't killed him yet. The warrior problem is making tiger and panther a bit impossible atm. + we have no bloody druids.

In other news I got lionheart helm today for no particular reason.

My small casual guild has recently allied with another casual guild to do ZG and AQ weekly. As it is now, after about 3 weeks we can easily clear out Bloodlord + 3 aspects in 2 hours and then come back a day later and clear out the next 2 aspects the next day no problem. We're still working on clearing out trash to Hakkar, though. :(

oh one more thing for 2nite.

Where the hell has the male troll /silly dwarf song gone? I love that, pisses me off I can't do it anymore. Where is it? argh!

*edit* heard it was removed due to copyright issues? Ugh sucks so much.

Tamanon

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
My small casual guild has recently allied with another casual guild to do ZG and AQ weekly. As it is now, after about 3 weeks we can easily clear out Bloodlord + 3 aspects in 2 hours and then come back a day later and clear out the next 2 aspects the next day no problem. We're still working on clearing out trash to Hakkar, though. :(

Hakkar trash is easy if you actually have mages and druids that are on the ball. Otherwise.....yeah, it can get QUITE annoying. Our guild alliance has finally startinng doing AQ20 in earnest now, up to Moam, got my Frostbolt and Arcane Missiles book on the same run, which made me quite happy. Wish we could get enough people to run 2 AQ runs instead of an AQ and a ZG run, there's no reason other than the mount drops(which...come on, never drop) for me to go there.

Although it is a decent place to make money in.

yacobod

Banned
im of the opinion that you should skip zg and aq20 and just head into MC

molten core is easy (maybe easier than the above 2 instances), and the loot and rewards are much greater

you will gear up your guild much faster going thru molten bore

run zg and aq20 later for books and enchants

"molten core is easy (maybe easier than the above 2 instances), and the loot and rewards are much greater"

We can't field enough for a full raid for MC yet. We tried this weekend and failed, miserably. The rest of the spots went to guys from a hardcore raiding guild and the results were pretty disastrous (repeated full wipes on Lucifron). They pretty much hijacked the entire thing.

Tamanon

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"molten core is easy (maybe easier than the above 2 instances), and the loot and rewards are much greater"

We can't field enough for a full raid for MC yet. We tried this weekend and failed, miserably. The rest of the spots went to guys from a hardcore raiding guild and the results were pretty disastrous (repeated full wipes on Lucifron). They pretty much hijacked the entire thing.

Actually Ossirian's loot is better than most MC caster loot.

Alex

Outside of a few rarities, MC loot has aged pretty poorly for casters. Actually, in general, so has tier 1. For most classes the BLUE PvP set is better than tier 1 :p

"For most classes the BLUE PvP set is better than tier 1 :p"

My warlock has 4/6 of that, working on the Exalted AB shoulders and staff, the exalted WSG stuff and the honored AV stuff (no reason to go above that, for me), the rest is just finding nice trinkets and rings (I guess I *could* go for exalted with AV for Don Rodrigo's band but...eh) and a nice head slot item.

Alex

In my opinion, the newly buffed PvP shoulders are better than the AB exalted ones.

The really buffed the heck out of the blue sets.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=23256

VS

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=20176

Almost equal stamina, equal damage, mana is fairly irrelevant to a Warlock (and it's not a large difference anyway), and mana/5 is totally irrelevant to a Warlock.

The critical strike on the caster pads for the superior sets makes them really quite sick. The AB exalted pads garner more to a Priest, in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom