• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemo

Maxrpg said:
As far as I know, yes. Blizzard said they would be rotating out the Arena sets to be based on what is currently available at the moment for raids. Which means, even if you can't acquire T5, you can sure as hell get the recolor T5 from Arena-ing.

No idea if points save over to the next season (which I assume NOT).

Which means you have a limited amount of time to gain the gear, then it's gone.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Arhgaghagh, I wanted the mage gear and that freaking staff SO much, but I just hit 64... there's no way I'll have the time to get to 70 and get the necessary points before the end of the season. I hope you're wrong, too. :/

Hero

Maxrpg said:

It is really astounding to me how many people are so clueless about very basic things in the game. If you're not going to believe what people are going to tell you then at least do your own research to figure things out.

Since I am in a good mood I'm going to copy and paste directly from the WORLDOFWARCRAT.com Arena website.

WORLDOFWARCRAFT.COM said:
Arena Points are used as a currency in the Arena System. Instead of a gold price, Arena rewards cost a certain number of Arena Points. An important improvement over the previous reward system is that your Arena Points do not decay. You can stockpile a maximum of 5,000 Arena Points.To claim your rewards, go visit the Arena vendor in Area 52 in the Netherstorm region of Outland. You will be able to browse his goods and buy rewards if you have earned enough points.

Ashodin

Hero said:
It is really astounding to me how many people are so clueless about very basic things in the game. If you're not going to believe what people are going to tell you then at least do your own research to figure things out.

Since I am in a good mood I'm going to copy and paste directly from the WORLDOFWARCRAT.com Arena website.
You missed what I was asking, sorry.

I was asking for a source that arena points stay after a season is over. Which what you posted has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Maxrpg said:
You missed what I was asking, sorry.

I was asking for a source that arena points stay after a season is over. Which what you posted has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I think the Arena Points do not decay part is your answer.

firex

There's no reason for arena points to be reset. The whole purpose of a ranking is getting the items available to high-ranked (or maybe just #1 ranked, but still) arena teams.

Hero

Can people really be this ignorant?

BLIZZARD said:
An important improvement over the previous reward system is that your Arena Points do not decay. You can stockpile a maximum of 5,000 Arena Points.

BLIZZARD said:
your Arena Points do not decay.

BLIZZARD said:
Arena Points do not decay.

If you're going to continue be both stupid and lazy, fine, don't take my word or Blizzard's and spend your points fearing that you're going to lose them.

Ashodin

Checked on Blizzard forums, and there was a Blue post about the wiping clean of Arena points after a season. Apparently your rating goes back to 1500, but any and all points you've obtained stay there.

Which means if you're a high ranked team and you've got all you wanted, you can just horde 5K points and buy two pieces right off the bat next season.

Meier

We've got a serious lack of tanks in our guild so while waiting for one to come on last night to run Arca for my key fragment, I did some pvp in Hellfire. Finally got my Mark of Conquest so I'm stoked as hell! :)

I also re-specced to get Clever Traps, but I kinda wish I had stopped at 12 points in Survival, so I might just re-spec again right away heh.

Ashodin

Our server has a serious lack of Tanks period. We just can't seem to get anyone on to run Kara.

Also, we had an incident with one of our members during Gruul's.

He (a Ele Shaman) apparently didn't like the way our raid leader does things (he is strict in what he does, but he only does it that way to make us shape up and get stuff done, as any leader might), said "**** <our guild>" and pulled Gruul and wiped the raid. Then he dropped guild and we all couldn't believe he had done that. He clearly was acting up in several other runs.

I had to outroll that Shaman for the Hammer of the Naaru too, and boy am I glad he didn't win it.

fallout

Don't worry max, that wasn't your guild. That's just how we shammies roll. That's how we bounce.

... okay, I seriously got nothin'. I hate people like that.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
He was probably pissed at the direction the Shaman class is heading :lol

But seriously what a fool. My server had a serious lack of Warriors as well, and I'm pretty sure my guild had at least 1/4 the population of all Horde Druids. Was quite funny to hear tales of them being confronted by the big raiding guilds to join them.

My new guild didn't have the people to attempt Magtheridon tonight but I joined a new 3v3 arena team with my new guildees and we got up to about 1700. I also joined their 2v2 and that rating is around 1900. Hopin Arena gets more and more fun now that I'm on a winning team.

Maxrpg said:
Our server has a serious lack of Tanks period. We just can't seem to get anyone on to run Kara.

Also, we had an incident with one of our members during Gruul's.

He (a Ele Shaman) apparently didn't like the way our raid leader does things (he is strict in what he does, but he only does it that way to make us shape up and get stuff done, as any leader might), said "**** <our guild>" and pulled Gruul and wiped the raid. Then he dropped guild and we all couldn't believe he had done that. He clearly was acting up in several other runs.

I had to outroll that Shaman for the Hammer of the Naaru too, and boy am I glad he didn't win it.

Same run? If so, methinks I spy a connection...:D

border

Even though tailoring just looks like a ridiculous moneysink, I think I'm gonna go ahead and start leveling it again so I can go ahead and get that Frozen Shadoweave gear. The only downside I guess is that I will probably have to remain an Affliction lock for the forseeable future.

I've been getting Primal Fires from the elemental plateau out in Nagrand.....can anybody recommend a good spot to farm Primal Shadow, Primal Water, and Primal Mana?

johnsmith

remember me
border said:
Even though tailoring just looks like a ridiculous moneysink, I think I'm gonna go ahead and start leveling it again so I can go ahead and get that Frozen Shadoweave gear. The only downside I guess is that I will probably have to remain an Affliction lock for the forseeable future.

I'd think twice about it. They're nerfing frozen shadoweave. The damage of all 3 pieces combined is going down by 34 and int is going up by 24.

border

Why the nerf? Where was it revealed? There isn't anything about that in the patch notes. All I can find is:

-"Frozen Shadoweave Set": The set bonus from these items will no longer have its tooltip modified by the "Vampiric Embrace" talent and can no longer cause a critical strike heal.

-The "Spellfire" and "Shadoweave" tunics have been changed to robes.

So I've saved up enough Arena Points to buy any piece of Arena gear that I want. Aside from the weapons. And I don't really know which piece to get. I'm Holy but it seems like none of the Holy Arena gear is really an upgrade for me. I have a Ret set, but without being Ret spending the points on Ret gear is worthless...So I don't really know which piece to get.

border said:
Why the nerf? Where was it revealed? There isn't anything about that in the patch notes. All I can find is:

-"Frozen Shadoweave Set": The set bonus from these items will no longer have its tooltip modified by the "Vampiric Embrace" talent and can no longer cause a critical strike heal.

It's on the PTR, apparently. The roulette wheel of WTF?!? Nerfs continues!

johnsmith

remember me
border said:

Patch notes are out of date by now. It was noticed by people on the public test realm.
http://boards.worldofraids.com/topic-3676-1.html

This seriously pisses me off. I spent so much money to drop alchemy and level up tailoring, just for this set. And they nerf it now? Instead of fixing tier 4 and tier 5, they nerf this. I hate it. Why did they let us enjoy it for 4 months before taking it away? Why didn't they see that it was overpowered soon after release, or hell beta. It's just nerf nerf nerf. Their itemization team are ****ing idiots. There've already been tons of complaints about how a lot of raid gear isn't any better than quest and dungeon blues. They're making money hand over fist, and they can't hire competent people to check these things.

This whole game is one big ****ing nerf. Shaman nerfs, shadow priest nerfs, paladin nerf. Holy priests are already so far down they can't be nerfed, yet they aren't fixed. They have the absolutely worst 31 and 41 point talents.

I'm considering quitting. I know that even after this patch shadow priest DPS will still be too high for what they want us to be doing, and will be nerfing us even more.

border

Yeah, I just found the thread that Shadoweave/Spellfire nerfs on the professions board =(

Maybe I'll just concentrate on Alchemy then. What's the best specialization between potions, elixirs, and transmutes?

johnsmith

remember me
I guess I should probably start getting my warlock to 70. He's at 59 now, so thank god i wont have to level through the awful old content. They've been overpowered forever now, and they always escape the nerf bat.

fallout

ToyMachine228 said:
So I've saved up enough Arena Points to buy any piece of Arena gear that I want. Aside from the weapons. And I don't really know which piece to get. I'm Holy but it seems like none of the Holy Arena gear is really an upgrade for me. I have a Ret set, but without being Ret spending the points on Ret gear is worthless...So I don't really know which piece to get.
Heh. You've played a hybrid class for awhile now, you should know what it's like! If none of it is an upgrade, then just save onto the points for later. You can save them up to 5000.

johnsmith

remember me
Wow. That was quick.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=100430525&sid=1

The changes players have noticed on the public test realms concerning select tailor-crafted items, such as the Spellfire set, will be reverted before the patch is live on production realms.

This means your item sets will remain just as they are now.

Also note, to address the feedback we've been reading this morning concerning the idea of simply “buffing tier 4 and 5 equivalent slots”, the reason we do not is because improving those 3 slots for tier 4 and 5 would force a change to all other tier 4 and 5 items as well (weapons, melee sets, everything).

explodet

:lol

They're nerfing tailored sets??
*explodes* THIS STINKS! THIS IS TOTAL B.S.!
*calm* Oh, they're not nerfing tailoring.

As a mage who hasn't taken tailoring, I do find it a little odd that they would make the Spellfire/Frozen Shadoweave pieces superior to items you pick up in Karazhan, and arguably more powerful than Tier 5 items.

I do know that the tailor casters in my guild are blowing away the DPS of the non-tailors. I hope my guild leader doesn't catch on and suggest that I drop herbalism for tailoring.

speedpop

johnsmith said:
This whole game is one big ****ing nerf. Shaman nerfs, shadow priest nerfs, paladin nerf. Holy priests are already so far down they can't be nerfed, yet they aren't fixed. They have the absolutely worst 31 and 41 point talents.
I quit a few weeks ago.. although I still enjoy reading about it, in the oft-chance that Blizzard come out and say;

"Sorry Shaman, we treated you guys like dirt for the past several months. We're finally giving you that Totem UI you've been asking for about for years now because quite simply we still can't figure out a decent way to make your totems mobile and this was the best we could do. And look! We've even gotten rid of those pesky and useless elemental totems you didn't ask for and have substituted them for an anti-CC ability as well as Spirit Wolves for that extra boost of DPS now and again! Everyone wins!"

Nikashi

Banned
border said:

I've been getting Primal Fires from the elemental plateau out in Nagrand.....can anybody recommend a good spot to farm Primal Shadow, Primal Water, and Primal Mana?

Motes of shadow drop from the Voidwalkers in the Warp fields/void ridge, and Motes of LIfe drop from the giants in the um.. swamp place in Zangarmarsh where the lake was entirely drained.

Draft

speedpop said:
I quit a few weeks ago.. although I still enjoy reading about it, in the oft-chance that Blizzard come out and say;

"Sorry Shaman, we treated you guys like dirt for the past several months. We're finally giving you that Totem UI you've been asking for about for years now because quite simply we still can't figure out a decent way to make your totems mobile and this was the best we could do. And look! We've even gotten rid of those pesky and useless elemental totems you didn't ask for and have substituted them for an anti-CC ability as well as Spirit Wolves for that extra boost of DPS now and again! Everyone wins!"
While totems still have a thousand and one problems, including being half useless, immobile, and too expensive for what they do, the latest totem timers is SICK! It's like this separate candy bar interface with dynamic totem pop ups, accurate timers, a TICK DISPLAY, and the ability to "lock" totems to auto cast. It is frigging sweet.

I don't like the elementals either.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is there like a GAF server or something that we prefer? I'm a new player. Want to be around other gaffers.

And what character should I be so that I can have fun/good time?

Nikashi

Banned
I know a few Gaffers are supposedly on Deathwing, and that's where I play personally, if anyone is rolling Horde, go Deathwing :D

fallout

Took out Staghelm tonight. The guard spam wiped half the raid before we got into the Enclave. He netted us a whopping 52 honour and 72 gold.

stagdown.jpg

speedpop

fallout said:
Took out Staghelm tonight. The guard spam wiped half the raid before we got into the Enclave. He netted us a whopping 52 honour and 72 gold.
So much for that rumoured 10K Honor for the world bosses.

Well, with my new Dranei Warrior (have 70th lvl Gnome Warrior who's Prot), I made this new warrior be a faction WHORE. At 56th lvl, he's Exalted with all the Alliance rep's, so doing the Horde faction bosses would only be for the "I killed Thrall" experience.

Meier

Got on too late to do an instance last night so I grinded out some quests for xp/faction in Netherstorm. Holy cow does a flying mount make things easy as hell. After getting 70 I'd just been doing instances and whatnot, so this was my first taste of actually questing with it.

Gotta do BM tonight for my next key part.

yacobod said:
idk holy/prot is prolly better for both

ret pallys suck imo

They're very gear dependant. If you really know how to play it, Ret Paladins can be decent. It takes really good gear and skill to make it shine in PvE. In PvP however Ret Paladins can do some big burst damage and can be quite fun.

fallout

speedpop said:
:lol Yeah. We weren't expecting much. Just mostly doing it for fun. I'm more annoyed by the INSANE GUARD SPAM OH MY GOD IT WAS WORSE THAN THE WHELPS.

speedpop

100% certain that they increase the guard spawn rate among the cities and high populated town areas at the end of last year.

border

speedpop said:
How anyone could have bought into that is ridiculous. It's like expecting 100,000 gold for downing Ragnaros or something.

fallout

border said:
How anyone could have bought into that is ridiculous. It's like expecting 100,000 gold for downing Ragnaros or something.
Well, deep down, you hope for a little more than fifty-two. Yeah, we did it and it wasn't terribly difficult, but it does require a good deal of coordination and planning. It doesn't take long for Alliance to port in from Shattrath, and honestly, any realistic number of guard spam I could give would seem like an exaggeration. I hope we have some video of it somewhere.

Ashodin

ToyMachine228 said:
They're very gear dependant. If you really know how to play it, Ret Paladins can be decent. It takes really good gear and skill to make it shine in PvE. In PvP however Ret Paladins can do some big burst damage and can be quite fun.
Unfortunately, unless you have a guild that doesn't care about raiding, you won't be Retribution unless you're geared the **** out, and providing insane DPS.

Man, I just can't seem to stick to one class. I started playing last May, got my lock upto 60 along with his epic mount about a month before BC came out. Hit level 62 the day BC came out and just quit playing my lock. I'll jump on him every now and then but it's boring leveling that high up I guess so I always end up going to south shore and taking over their inn.
Over the past 2 weeks I have a rogue upto 25 which was fun, a mage at 26 which is also fun and last night started a warrior which is now 16 and is a blast. Man I'm losing it.. oh I also have a 13 priest.. Pally around 20..druid and shammy around 7. =\

border said:

It was because of the insufferable Jubei of Shattered Hand (Ret pally GL) who had his guild by the balls so bad that he'd march them to TB, tag Cairne, then have the 40 of them finish him off for 18k rep undivided for himself. He did alot of stuff like that, it's frightening.

fallout

SatelliteOfLove said:
It was because of the insufferable Jubei of Shattered Hand (Ret pally GL) who had his guild by the balls so bad that he'd march them to TB, tag Cairne, then have the 40 of them finish him off for 18k rep undivided for himself. He did alot of stuff like that, it's frightening.
Of course, they couldn't have just worked out the tagging like they did with exp.

Regardless, I'm not upset about it, or anything. We weren't doing this for honour, gold, rep, loot or anything. We did it because he was there and we wanted to do it. It's just further proof that Blizzard really discourages this sort of thing.

The other reason guards don't drop treasure any more, or why we have zergs when you do fight one, or you don't get good Honor for them is PvE servers shortly after relase with obscene Alliance vs Horde imbalances where midlevel Horde towns would be farmed and NPCs had a lifespan of about 3 seconds for hours on end.

In other "Do not use a hammer to remove a fly from a friend's face" news, how stupid bad is mining in PTR about "aggroing every bears" when you tap a node? Pet class heaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom