• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Biff Hardbody said:
I'm considering leaving my hunter for an elf or gnome rogue. I like the Hunter and all, he's very cool. I like ability to charm animals, and I think it would be badass to have a gorilla with me later on. But, he might be getting a little boring for me. Plus leatherworking sucks so far. All the armor I can make I find better. I shoudl have chosen engineering for him.

I was on a raid, and I saw a rogue absolutely kickass. It was my first raid, and we were getting slaughtered. He stealhed in the middle of horde territory, killed a warrior, and then stealthed out. Meanwhile I was getting wrecked after they destroyed my pet very early on and I was meat when they got me up close.

I like the idea of a warrior too. That plate armor looks really cool.

You can always just quite leatherworking and go engineering......

I was not aware of that. I can quit skinning/leatherworking and start engineering/mining? I thought once you chose your skills you were stuck with them.

The temptation to make a Rogue was to great.

I modeled him after "Don Logan" in sexy beast.

Schtum2.jpg

44839926.jpg

hobart

If you quit a profession... do all the skill points that you gained from... say... Mining... drop to zero?

Let's say I have a vacillating personality... one day my 120 mining skills are just... not doing it for me. I quit it and pick up enchanting only to find... in the next few days... that it wasn't what it was cracked up to be. If I pick Mining up again... am I at 120?

On an unrelated note... I'm curious as to what the Paladins on this forum are speccing as. Anyone?

Kweh

Yes they reset.

Been trying to get the pet Whelpling tonight for a friend, she saw someone with one and wants it herself. I must killed nearly 500 of those darn things and it still hasnt dropped. I read its a 1/1000 drop rate o_O

Will carry on nevertheless

El Papa

I'm on Mel'ganis, Valmarsis - 23 Night Elf Druid. Don't know if there's a GAF guild or what, info is scattered all over the place.

Meier

Biff Hardbody said:
I like the idea of a warrior too. That plate armor looks really cool.

You'll regret it. If you're gonna play Alliance and want plate, choose paladin. Trust me on this one.

Solrak took a census on Argent Dawn 15 minutes ago, and it reported 2796 alliance members.

FUCKING INSANE!!!

No wonder there's so much lag everywhere. You're talking about a 2am EST population over 4,000 (conservative estimate).

hobart

SPEAKING OF LAG!!!

So I finally got into this RAID thing everyone speaks of (this was brought on by a big attack on the Horde's side... a BUNCH (10-12) of mounted Hordes attacked Lakeshire, Goldshire, Wetlands... and were making their way up to Stormwind... and about 30 other hordes as well)... so we decide to counter raid... anywhere between 60-75 of us (no screenies... sorry!). So we attack The Crossroads and.. well...

The Server is now Down!! (Bonechewer) Seriously now, Blizzard. I can take you bringing down servers for maintenance... but not when we are doing EXACTLY what is supposed to happen in a PVP environment. Christ. Before the server was down... it was virtually impossible for me to move, attack, and even see the Horde as they grouped up for a counter strike.

Poorly played, Blizzard. You really need to get this fixed by the time I return to the states for my second go-round with the game.

Fuck.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Just led a Horde raid of 30 people defending Hammerfall against 50 or so Alliance... but none of my screenshots saved! AUgh! I'm wondering if I have hit some sort of max screenshot limit? :(

Anyway, we owned in the end :D And their sissy town (Refuge Pointe) was spawning 100x the guards our town was :eek:

firex

MrCheez said:
Just led a Horde raid of 30 people defending Hammerfall against 50 or so Alliance... but none of my screenshots saved! AUgh! I'm wondering if I have hit some sort of max screenshot limit? :(

Anyway, we owned in the end :D And their sissy town (Refuge Pointe) was spawning 100x the guards our town was :eek:
It's typical of Alliance on all servers to zerg rush, because with even matchups they just seem to always lose (which can't really be blamed on class balance). They also get vastly superior towns in virtually every way - layout, defenses, location within zones. Only perhaps the undead towns come close to equalling all of the human/dwarf towns (aka 90% of alliance) in these aspects.

They also outnumber the horde at least 3:1 across all servers, and that's being conservative. It really makes pvping a pain in the ass, because you'll kick their asses with even numbers (due to alliance having zero skill whatsoever) but they'll just swarm you with triple the numbers.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
firex said:
It's typical of Alliance on all servers to zerg rush, because with even matchups they just seem to always lose (which can't really be blamed on class balance). They also get vastly superior towns in virtually every way - layout, defenses, location within zones. Only perhaps the undead towns come close to equalling all of the human/dwarf towns (aka 90% of alliance) in these aspects.

They also outnumber the horde at least 3:1 across all servers, and that's being conservative. It really makes pvping a pain in the ass, because you'll kick their asses with even numbers (due to alliance having zero skill whatsoever) but they'll just swarm you with triple the numbers.

Cry more, noob.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Apple Jax said:
If you quit a profession... do all the skill points that you gained from... say... Mining... drop to zero?

Let's say I have a vacillating personality... one day my 120 mining skills are just... not doing it for me. I quit it and pick up enchanting only to find... in the next few days... that it wasn't what it was cracked up to be. If I pick Mining up again... am I at 120?

On an unrelated note... I'm curious as to what the Paladins on this forum are speccing as. Anyone?

If you go back, your old points are at 0. Think twice before quitting a profession.

firex

commish said:
Cry more, noob.
I'm not crying. I don't play on the faction for retards. It's just going to be hilarious if battlegrounds have a limit to balance each side, because the alliance whining will be at an all-time high when they can't win any encounters.

akascream

Banned
firex said:
I'm not crying. I don't play on the faction for retards. It's just going to be hilarious if battlegrounds have a limit to balance each side, because the alliance whining will be at an all-time high when they can't win any encounters.

It's funny cause it's true. Watch every class but noobadins get rejected from battleground instances. :lol

firex said:

Perhaps on your server. I'm sick of this myth that horde players are somehow better at pvp. Battlegrounds will be instanced, meaning there will be a cap on the # of players. Me and my buds look forward to proving you wrong.

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Perhaps on your server. I'm sick of this myth that horde players are somehow better at pvp. Battlegrounds will be instanced, meaning there will be a cap on the # of players. Me and my buds look forward to proving you wrong.

You and your "buds" =/= majority.

pilonv1

Biff Hardbody said:
I'm considering leaving my hunter for an elf or gnome rogue. I like the Hunter and all, he's very cool. I like ability to charm animals, and I think it would be badass to have a gorilla with me later on. But, he might be getting a little boring for me. Plus leatherworking sucks so far. All the armor I can make I find better. I shoudl have chosen engineering for him.

Leatherworking only seems to be good for classes who can't wear heavier armour. I'm loving it for my Troll Rogue, since I never have to buy armour and the stuff I make is only slightly worse (if at all) than the armour at merchants. Plus it's a great income source for low levels.

firex said:

Not true on Shadow Moon.....I regularly own Horde luzers +3-5 levels to me with my Dwarf Rogue.

Its all about skill not faction.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
firex said:

Oh yeah, the faction for retards, good one :| You are getting your ass handed to you, and you're bitter about it, only natural. Not everyone is good at PvP, no need whine about it.

hobart

Now, this doesn't piss me off.. because I'm understanding... but I was trying to simply get a quest done when I ran into a single UD player. he is only a few lvls higher than me... so PvP is a possibility... instead of running around trying to gank one another... what do we do? We danced. And just as we were about to finish dancing... his troll friend popped up behind me to continue in the celebration.

That's the good part... the players on that end realized that I was just chilling around because I needed to quest... here is the bad part...

Same night... an hour later... same place. I'm just chilling waiting for my Paly friend to show up so we can complete this quest. Here comes a couple of Horde players. I state my case by simply waving at them when... w/o hesitation... they attack. I'm jumping around trying to show them I mean no harm... BUT NO... attack/attack/attack. Wasn't cool. Of course, moments later when my friend came back, we made it a point to take out the (now) 3 of them to the best of our ability... oh... and we did it as they were facing mobs.

Revenge is lovely. ...but OH what could have been.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Screenshot time!

I thought I hit some sort of max screenshot limit and it was saving, but it turns out it just started saving screenshots at the beginning of the list of files in the folder instead of the end. o_O

Here is the fun in Astranaar I was talking about in one of my recent posts:

And of course I didn't JUST come to pillage the little town and slaughter the elves... I also came to charm their women. :eek:

Here are a few pictures of the attack on Hammerfall by the Alliance the other day, and the raid defense my friends and I started up. :D (This is on a PvE server, btw!) I'm quite proud of all the Horde who joined us to defend. Though we were getting smashed in the beginning, we pushed the silly alliance back to Refuge Pointe TWICE and began the take-over on their town. All this despite the fact that their forces almost doubled ours, and that their level average was 50+ while ours was 30-40+. :)

The experience was freaking amazing. For the majority of the battle (which went on for about 4 hours I believe) there were 75-80 players on the battlefield. At one point when we pushed them back into Refuge Pointe, I actually led a charge into the town. The entrance was down a slope, and when I ran forward and a split moment later could see fellow Horde charge behind me... and then when we smashed into the guards and players... well... it felt like it was straight out of Lord of the Rings. (Only backwards, as my friend pointed out, since we were the orcs in this case!)

Last but not least here is a crazy glitch my friend Madagrus and I found last night while exploring Silithus. There was a huge, flat gap in between the mountains that went on pretty far. At it's end was a small forest area that we got trapped in and had to hearthstone out of. =P

Alex

Rogues are great, but I wish Eviscerate wasn't such scum for pre-32 Sword/Mace users. Slice & Dice and Rupture for the forseeable future, I guess.

firex

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Well, there's always 5 or so alliance players per server with actual pvp skill, and I don't doubt most of the people playing alliance here know what they're doing. But most of the alliance really do suck, and it's no myth that the horde is better on average. Horde pretty much has to play better when they deal with the zergs on a constant basis.

And for the other guys:
Yes, it's about skill, not faction. The thing is, the alliance with their 3:1 population advantage and ridiculously overpowered god class paladin (which only has one drawback, which is ranged attacks) never have to get any skill, which is why they lose against fair matchups. All they do after getting spanked is call in double or triple the numbers of people (99% of them being paladins because it takes no skill to play that class), because nobody can beat mass zergs.

And I could beat a paladin easily on my warlock if they didn't have godmode spells with no use in pve so they're always ready for pvp. As long as divine shield gets nerfed they'll actually be beatable by more than a shaman/shadow priest, and then I'll have no real complaints about the class being godly overpowered in pvp. Paladin has always been ridiculously overpowered in pvp, but now that it's no longer broken/useless in pve it will hopefully get the pvp nerfs it deserves.

Alex

Alliance players in general, eh. I'm on alliance, and I don't suck, you may be on alliance and you may not suck, but in general yeah, it CAN be pretty bad at times. Sometimes, I swear it's an entire faction of Human Paladins and Night Elf Hunters with a few random other jobs for spice. Not that there's anything wrong with picking a job you're interested in, but cmon.

I don't have any problems with Paladin itself, I find work arounds for most of their big skills, I think it's fairly boring, but that's just my opinion. However, the people who play it drive me nuts. Not only do they play like shit in every party I've been in over the past week, but they're equipped like bums. Half of the Paladins I see above FOURTY are still using that level TWENTY quest Hammer. It blew my mind when I had a 39 and 42 Paladin in my party today, both using that hammer.

I typically party with a person who was a 75 Paladin in FFXI, and who knows GREAT fucking team work and plays fantasticly, but I sincerely hope the situation is different for you guys on other servers.

Gotta consider a Horde sub, and Mala: I'll play and catch up soon, I've been pretty busy, only a bit of time to sink into my main

hobart

Your hope for a Paladin who knows that he's actually a support character may be futile... there are FEW who understand what the role of a Paladin is really all about.

Alex

no way d00d, it's totally about speccing out your DPS while using a weapon that is half your level.

Mjunter

Well..my main is nearing 60 and I'm looking for a server to put my alt on. I tried the official gaf server but it seemed its still well..dead. I basically want a decent sized pvp server with a nice economy to play on for my troll rogue (4th time redoing one). Planning to do skinning and mining professions also.

Only reason I'm not making the alt on my main's server is because I like my name. :)

Here we are. I'm hosting these off my own computer so download (for all 2 who care) will be slow.

http://68.46.241.23/Dueling.wmv -- First round is Drinky (Issiannon, 16) and MAF (Phyacia, lvl 18), second round is I (Varindo, 15) and MAF, third round is Me and Drinky, last is MAF with no weapons vs. Drinky.

http://68.46.241.23/KillingStuff.wmv -- as name suggests, us killing mobs. I'd say it would give a decent idea of what goes on to those who've never played WoW.

Tre posted these videos, havent watched them yet.

pilonv1

Malakhov said:
Got my Sword of Omen tonight, woot! Now my rogue looks totally badass:

morbide.jpg

When and where can you get swords with a Rogue? I'm only Level 18 now, but I'm guessing it's further down the line.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Malakhov said:
Got my Sword of Omen tonight, woot! Now my rogue looks totally badass:

morbide.jpg

Sword of Omen? Did you find that in Thundera? Does it have a "Sight Beyond Sight" ability?:D

Malakhov

Banned
Mjunter said:
Well..my main is nearing 60 and I'm looking for a server to put my alt on. I tried the official gaf server but it seemed its still well..dead. I basically want a decent sized pvp server with a nice economy to play on for my troll rogue (4th time redoing one). Planning to do skinning and mining professions also.

Only reason I'm not making the alt on my main's server is because I like my name. :)
Bleeding Hollow. It's a great pvp server, very well populated, perhaps the most of all the servers and the PvP on there is excellent.

For horde pvp, bleeding hollow is where it's at. We'll gank the enclave together! ;)

Ferrio

Banned
sefskillz said:
the leet speak communication method in /yell really needs to go. please blizzard. please.

Ya, I'm getting tired of these lvl 60 horde camping ontop of buildings in gadgetzan yelling "Lamers Pussies" in 1337.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom