• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
ToyMachine228 said:
Yeah it's definitely not as good as story advancement in other type of games...Basically you have to read all the quests and whatnot. And then sometimes during quests or dungeons there are short dialogues with voice acting.

Yeah I mean more specifically you said "They didn't kill Kel'Thuzad" or whatever, and I can't believe Illidan is gone... I mean can they even make him gone? I mean MC is definitely old hat shit but I'm levelling my pally and just finished Searing Gorge, and the Dark Iron Dwarves definitely think Rag is still alive ;)

firex

nah, they won't acknowledge anything until the next expansion, and even then, in the new zones. Like there's no acknowledging of nefarian's death (or whatever happened to him) except for some npcs in the netherwing area in shadowmoon.

teacupcopter said:
Yeah I mean more specifically you said "They didn't kill Kel'Thuzad" or whatever, and I can't believe Illidan is gone...

Well when you turn in the quest item that Kel'Thuzad drops it specifically says..."Who cares if it means it would allow Kel'Thuzad to return at full power" or something corny like that.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
This sucks I haven't played in weeks. I'm trying to set up my second PC to play WoW so I went out and bought a new HDD. I install the OS and everything's fine until the PC reboots after the DX9/GPU drivers install and I get the blue screen of death. I have reinstalled my OS two times so far and I always get the BSOD a few minutes after install.

Unmountable_boot_volume

'volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems'

chkdsk d: /r doesn't even work

:(

ToyMachine228 said:
Well when you turn in the quest item that Kel'Thuzad drops it specifically says..."Who cares if it means it would allow Kel'Thuzad to return at full power" or something corny like that.

Lol

I really wish they'd update it, like with each content patch or expansion really screw around with stuff.

not sure how though, I mean the repetitive nature of raids being the main story thing basically doesn't let this happen. I mean you're an adventurer killing the same god every week so yeah.

mollipen

Okay, so... just had a REALLY weird experience. Was checking out Azshara, and as I'm riding along the road, I see an Orc standing in the road in front of me. A level 1 Orc. I thought to myself, "Hmm.. seeing a level 1 character here is kinda... odd."

Maybe that person just really had to get to Azshara, though, and put up with a lot of corpse runs. And then... they took off running, running so fast that my level 50 when mounted (with spurs) couldn't keep up. I've seen the game glitch before, when the game lags a bit, and then characters seem to disappear as WoW tries to correct itself. So, I just wrote it off as that.

And then, after a while, I run into another level 1 Orc running around. Okay, now things are getting weird. Again, running too fast for me to keep up with them. Both this Orc and the Orc before had very spammer-esque names. I then run into a THIRD Orc, same situation, except this time their name was Chinese. (Like Xianghua or something similar to that.)

Is there some sort of exploit going around that could explain this? I don't think there is a potion or item or anything that would be usable at that level to make you able to out-run a standard mount, but I guess that could be another possibility.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
That happens a lot in Winterspring too. Just lowbies running around at insane speed..

A lot of them are there for mining/herbalism purposes I believe.

SyNapSe

shidoshi said:
Okay, so... just had a REALLY weird experience. Was checking out Azshara, and as I'm riding along the road, I see an Orc standing in the road in front of me. A level 1 Orc. I thought to myself, "Hmm.. seeing a level 1 character here is kinda... odd."

Maybe that person just really had to get to Azshara, though, and put up with a lot of corpse runs. And then... they took off running, running so fast that my level 50 when mounted (with spurs) couldn't keep up. I've seen the game glitch before, when the game lags a bit, and then characters seem to disappear as WoW tries to correct itself. So, I just wrote it off as that.

And then, after a while, I run into another level 1 Orc running around. Okay, now things are getting weird. Again, running too fast for me to keep up with them. Both this Orc and the Orc before had very spammer-esque names. I then run into a THIRD Orc, same situation, except this time their name was Chinese. (Like Xianghua or something similar to that.)

Is there some sort of exploit going around that could explain this? I don't think there is a potion or item or anything that would be usable at that level to make you able to out-run a standard mount, but I guess that could be another possibility.

Well there is swiftness pot, but yeah it's probably an exploit the farmers are using. Azshara is a very herb-friendly zone so it makes since. Azshara is the lowest level zone that has all the pre-expansion top herbs ie dreamfoil, mountain silversage, and it's just really dense with herbs sungrass, purple lotus, golden sansam. It also has very few people normally.. if I had to guess I'd think it was the least populous zone out of all pre-expansion.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Is anybody going to Blizzcon? It's a shame that tickets were sold out so fast but hopefully they put up some more tickets like they did in 2005's Blizzcon. If I could get a ticket then I would estimate that it would cost about $700 overall for the trip. Maybe I'll get some money back if I sell the Starcraft 2 beta key and murloc code :lol

I wonder how fun it would be though...I heard the lines were horrendous in 2005's Blizzcon but the main reason I'm going is to see ex-guildiess and current guildies

Back to WoW:
Guild finally downed Lady Vashj...pretty interesting fight that requires a good amount of execution but it was almost a wipe at phase 3 due to the crazy amount of poison on the floor :lol

klix108

YagizY said:
Hey guys is their a guild for GAFers that are for low levels? I was curious because I just picked up the game.

I don't think that there is a GAF guild, but from listening to Legendary Thread, a 1UP WoW podcast, I gather that Can't Quit You is a good leveling guild that they run.

Fellow miners/blacksmiths: I'm on my way to becomming an armorsmith. What are some good places to mine for mithril? Usually my main spot for it (as well as iron) is the Alterac Mountains/Hillsbrad; I always get lots of iron there, and mithril. Are there any other places with similar ore drops for mithril? I've mined so much over the past few weeks, but then I'd always auction it for 8g a stack. I've become a moderately rich (260g) lv50, but recently I've been trying to build up my blacksmithing skill.

WARCOCK

Banned
BABY, MODERATELY RICH MY ASS. I have 420 with mining and enchant, level 40. Also my free ride is banging. Anyways i want to revive the age old debate.

RET = LOLADIN OR PWNADIN?!?!??!

I have seen some concrete examples of some rets really shitting on regularly high dpsing classes. Crusader strike ftw. Also please do not bring up simply "WELL IF THE OTHER CLASSES WERE GEARED SIMILARLY , IT WOULDNT MATCH UP." that shit is old and inane. I WANT CONCRETE EVIDENCE. Currently im specing ret and may switch once i reach end game to holy, unless my mind is changed. As of now im a really high dpser mainly because of seal of crusader+judgement, turn on seal of command, stun +judgement, loop. and watch that holy rape, all this with consacration to boost dps.

Hero

If you want to dps and you rolled paladin, you might want to save yourself the trouble and just reroll a different class right now.

WARCOCK

Banned
Hero said:
If you want to dps and you rolled paladin, you might want to save yourself the trouble and just reroll a different class right now.

ok rogue, stfu and die after 3 hits, gg kthx bye. Sorry i had to rebuke your constructive contribution in kind.

Hero

WARCOCK said:
ok rogue, stfu and die after 3 hits, gg kthx bye. Sorry i had to rebuke your constructive contribution in kind.

Retribution is okay, its purpose is to allow the healbot paladins to level up at a somewhat decent rate. But if you think in endgame you're going to be able to dps proficiently in either PVE or PVP you're in for a rude awakening.

By the way, I also have a warlock.

yacobod

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Fellow miners/blacksmiths: I'm on my way to becomming an armorsmith. What are some good places to mine for mithril? Usually my main spot for it (as well as iron) is the Alterac Mountains/Hillsbrad; I always get lots of iron there, and mithril. Are there any other places with similar ore drops for mithril? I've mined so much over the past few weeks, but then I'd always auction it for 8g a stack. I've become a moderately rich (260g) lv50, but recently I've been trying to build up my blacksmithing skill.

dude if you are lvling up blacksmithing and have a warrior, please pick weaponsmith

armorsmithing is really lacking, and the weapons you can make far outshine the armor you can make with specializations

border

Does anyone care to weigh in on alchemy specs for moneymaking? The consensus on the WoW boards is that Elixir and Potion specs are both pretty worthless, since almost all Elixirs and Potions sell for less than the cost of the mats required to make them and the specializations don't proc enough to offset the hit you take.

Transmute specialization at least guarantees you money with the Primal Earth -> Primal Water transmute, at least 10-15g daily even if it doesn't proc.

Anyone had any success with Elixir or Potion specialization? I'd love to be able to make Flasks for myself and have them proc extras, but it sounds like I'm better off taking the money I make transmuting and just using it to buy flasks.

Ramirez

Well shit, my friend is renewing is account since he's out from school, and with me totally havin nothing to play til Halo 3, I'm goin back with him. :( :lol

Eric WK

Ramirez said:
Well shit, my friend is renewing is account since he's out from school, and with me totally havin nothing to play til Halo 3, I'm goin back with him. :( :lol

Nice! I just renewed my account tonight. It feels great.

Are you guys rolling somewhere new or picking up old characters?

SyNapSe

WARCOCK said:

I have a 70 Paladin.. I quit it, I imagine it speaks to the point. At 70 you will not be a Paladin, you will be a Priest. Priest's are eh, and the shadow tree is incredible for PvE & PvP now. So, you will be a 95% healer.. and for good reason Holy Pallies are incredible for slow but steady PvE based healing. Pallies really do great early on, and then slow down DPS wise badly. At 30-40 I'd bet I outdps'd my mage I'm leveling now.. probably including downtime but still I could do some sick damage.

Somehow in the great 2.0 off-spec boosting pallies got kicked to the curb. Prot seemed nice but doesn't scale well end-game at all due to HP issues mostly, Ret was insane and got nerfed multiple times. I say it was insane, but it probably would have still been a challenge for it to hold it's own in PvE damage wise. Pally class is constrained by the bubble at this point.

That said, I believe Ret Pally buffs have been hinted at a month or so back. They certainly need some way to contribute.. Barring changing something extreme, i think they'll have to make Ret pallies super buffers which would be fun. Well, or they could make abilities that make you trade out the bubble, etc. ala Angel Wings

Ramirez

Eric WK said:
Nice! I just renewed my account tonight. It feels great.

Are you guys rolling somewhere new or picking up old characters?

We're picking up our old 60's on Eredar, where another e-friend of ours went back to after we quit our 70's on Duskwood. The thought of leveling 1-70 again is a really painful thought, don't think I could ever do it, I've got like 5 60+ chars from over the years I played. :p I'd love to have a rogue though, oh well.

Tamanon

Banned
border said:
Does anyone care to weigh in on alchemy specs for moneymaking? The consensus on the WoW boards is that Elixir and Potion specs are both pretty worthless, since almost all Elixirs and Potions sell for less than the cost of the mats required to make them and the specializations don't proc enough to offset the hit you take.

Transmute specialization at least guarantees you money with the Primal Earth -> Primal Water transmute, at least 10-15g daily even if it doesn't proc.

Anyone had any success with Elixir or Potion specialization? I'd love to be able to make Flasks for myself and have them proc extras, but it sounds like I'm better off taking the money I make transmuting and just using it to buy flasks.

To be fair, you can still do the Earth to Water transmute without speccing. Theoretically the transmute would be worth it over a very long term, the problem is that it costs FOUR PRIMAL MIGHTS to get the specialty. My alchemist is elixir mainly because it's really nice to have it proc on flasks.

Alchemy in general just doesn't make much money outside of weekends when super rejuv pots sell well and from the occasional transmute.

WARCOCK

Banned
SyNapSe said:
I have a 70 Paladin.. I quit it, I imagine it speaks to the point. At 70 you will not be a Paladin, you will be a Priest. Priest's are eh, and the shadow tree is incredible for PvE & PvP now. So, you will be a 95% healer.. and for good reason Holy Pallies are incredible for slow but steady PvE based healing. Pallies really do great early on, and then slow down DPS wise badly. At 30-40 I'd bet I outdps'd my mage I'm leveling now.. probably including downtime but still I could do some sick damage.

Somehow in the great 2.0 off-spec boosting pallies got kicked to the curb. Prot seemed nice but doesn't scale well end-game at all due to HP issues mostly, Ret was insane and got nerfed multiple times. I say it was insane, but it probably would have still been a challenge for it to hold it's own in PvE damage wise. Pally class is constrained by the bubble at this point.

That said, I believe Ret Pally buffs have been hinted at a month or so back. They certainly need some way to contribute.. Barring changing something extreme, i think they'll have to make Ret pallies super buffers which would be fun. Well, or they could make abilities that make you trade out the bubble, etc. ala Angel Wings

Great post, thanks for sharing cause im currently going through a similar situation. I mean RETS are so fun to play though . I love em, im hoping that buff you are talking about happens sometime soon. I might reroll a druid or warr otherwise. Or go full healadin.

firex

Pallies suck right now if you want to raid. I have done kara on my pally some, and while the raid members were nice and friendly, it's just goddamn boring. Healing is the most unfulfilling role ever with a pally, and could easily be done by making a /tar tank /cast flash of light macro and putting one of those bobbing birds on the key like homer simpson did in the episode where he got even fatter to work from home. I won't judge the other healing classes, because they might be fun to play as a healer. But compared to playing my warlock in raids (also boring, but that was pre-BC so things may be a lot more fun/interesting now) my pally is a goddamn snorefest. I don't do anything different than in 5 mans, I just press the heal hotkey a little more often. 5 mans are annoying as shit now too, but it's just because I've hit the boiling point. I guess I'm kind of lucky in that I only need around 1k more HP on my tank gear and I can go prot. But not every pally's got the gear I have (nearly all blues, but still, some rare drops and extremely lucky circumstances to get them) and it's just stupid how the only viable raid role (to 99% of guilds out there especially) you have is pressing one of two heal keys. I think other healers at least have some versatility in their healing roles, so they could do more than be almost literally a healbot.

Blizzard just needs to redesign the class from the ****ing base and make it so its new focus is 1) tank, 2) melee dps, 3) healer. I don't care if they remove the bubble or anything like that, they need to go back and redesign the class. It even makes more sense when you look at their spells: pallies have, bar none, the most limited healing capabilities (all single target heals) yet blizzard basically designed them to be healers/support. They don't have a group heal, don't have a heal over time, don't have any real shield/protective spell (don't say BoP, it's got a 3-5 minute cooldown) and in general they suck. All they have going for them is efficiency, which will probably get nerfed soon to suit Priest forum trolls (not a bash on priest players, just the whiny tards that make the WoW forums a cesspool). The whole healer/support focus is probably because, at the time, they were all "well we have to make them competitive with the shaman since horde has them and they're better" (this was years ago in OG beta, when shamans really were awesome, until like the week before release), so they just gave pallies a few shitty shaman ripoffs, and then when they made pallies the way superior support/healer than shamans, they gave shamans shitty pally ripoffs.

Anyway, stupid WoW history lesson aside, pally buffing is actually one of the few good things about the class. They still need to increase the duration on all pally buffs (30 for regular, 60 for greater) just so it's not a headache/money sink buffing a raid, but that part of the class is largely fine. It even fits with what a paladin's typically about in other RPGs. But they need to make them much more capable tanks, and also provide a genuine dps/buffing role in groups/raids. Technically, with good gear you can dps and be good at it. But it's seriously strictly a pvp/solo build, because it can pull tons of threat, with bubble/BoP being the only way to shake aggro (kind of like vanish, I guess, but rogues at least also get feint). And talking about something as a pvp build in WoW is seriously lollerific. Despite what the hardcore 15 year olds on pvp servers will say, the game's pvp is a joke of a tacked-on mode, and basing a build around how effective it is in pvp isn't really worth it, unless you're doing it temporarily to get arena gear to upgrade your blues/take the place of raid epics you won't see.

as shitty as the shaman is now in pvp with its complete lack of any way to deal with CC at all, at least in pve the trees are generally well balanced so they do their roles and still provide support/buffs. Which is exactly what ret should do (melee dps that actually helps out other classes too, and not just that shitty sanctified judgement talent) and prot spec should be on the same level as druids/warriors. It's ok for instances (even heroics) and probably ok as an OT for raids, but requires shitloads better gear than your average warrior does. I'm still really close to being able to tank, and when I have the gear for it, I'm doing it. Personally, I don't give a shit if I don't have a slot in kara or gruul's lair or whatever (until they buff pally tanks to be genuine capable MTs), because I wouldn't do those for purples that will either make me heal better, or I'll never see because they'll always go to some asshat's warrior alt or something.

I'm hoping age of conan goes away from the whole fighter/healer/damage dealer trio and just removes the healer from the equation. That's seriously the next direction MMOs need to go, because the whole healer/buffer role is not fun for 90% of players and honestly it doesn't fit nearly any player's idea of a fun class to make. I don't think anyone picks up an RPG and gets excited at the prospect of healing people. WoW even sold itself by saying "our healer classes do more than heal," though that's a dirty, dirty lie when it comes to raids (unless you're a priest/druid). It works in pnp RPGs because you're with the same people in the room, so they have more courtesy. Also pnp worlds tend not to be set around game rules like "ok we're fighting a dragon, our cleric needs to keep casting his cure serious wounds spell over and over again" like MMOs. It works in single player RPGs because you're either healing yourself, or you're controlling a party, so having characters in specialized roles like that is fun because you're controlling the damage dealers, tanks, etc. AND the healer.

The alternative is they just straight-up rip off the d&d cleric for a healer in any future MMORPGs, and essentially give you a class that can heal, but has so much flexibility and so many useful spells beyond just filling up your book with heals, that being a pure healer is actually detrimental to your character.

Despite all my bitching, there is a small amount of fun in being a healer in these games. But it's only in the sense of keeping people alive/saving them from the brink of death. The role would be a lot more tolerable if there wasn't the whole "I'm using the internet! I can be an asshole because nobody can come over to my house and beat the shit out of me!" attitude that invariably happens at some point or another (pugs, large raid guilds, people who don't know you well, etc.) but even from its core design, the whole support/healer class in MMORPGs just doesn't work well if you ask me. The most fun I've ever had playing a healer/buffer in any MMO or other RPG has been a hybrid, where they get to do more than just heal. That's supposed to be what pallies are, but in truth they're just a healbot in plate at 70. Or, I suppose more accurately, when they're in a group.

Healing's the most thankless job, the most important job, and the least entertaining job in MMORPGs. That's why the next gen of MMOs needs to get rid of that shit. Spread out your buffs across every class (WoW's good at part of that at least) and replace healers with mashing healing potions like diablo for all I care. I just know from now on I'm going to avoid any MMO as long as the class descriptions include "primarily a healer/buffer" for one class. It's like MMO developers don't get that what makes a d&d cleric fun isn't casting cure light wounds, it's being able to do a lot of different stuff beyond cure light wounds, but having that as a backup for when your party needs some hit points.

Paladins are ridiculously overpowered right now if you want to raid unless you don't like healing. I love mine, even if I do spam of light a lot, there are encounters out there that will challenge you as a healer. Just none of Karazhan anymore, or normal 5 mans, or heroics with a really good tank.

edit: I did respec protection tonight for a 35-40 minute Shattered Halls AoE run. Good times.

Ashodin

I have a pally right now (you might have seen him a couple pages or twenty back) and he's a healbot, but I've been striving for gear and a chance to prove myself in a raid as Ret DPS (having read up on it and the gear necessary); barring a few trinkets and a significant neck, I'm doing about midcard dps (as in, I'm not bottom dps, but I'm not top either, right smack in the middle).

Keep in mind I have a lot of epics and significant knowledge (as well as Seal of Blood, holee shit does that thing do more DPS than Seal of Command) about the class to make it thus far.

My guild tried me out in Kara tonight and I did the midcard dps, which a lot of people (including this elemental shaman who got pissed an respeced when I beat him :lol) were surprised from. The tree still needs a lot of work (as in, why did I have to push myself so hard just to get this level of dps when priests do it E-Z) and I hope Blizzard makes the Ret tree really fantastic. I'd say the dps should go up for a pally A) counting each blessing on party B) counting each debuff on the target (which would ZOOOM up his raid dps) or anything else they can come up with. What I'm saying is that the Pally should have to have correct circumstances for him to be able to dps incredibly - sort of like how Warlocks dps really good, but when they really start topping the charts is when a Shadow Priest has the shadow damage debuff stacked to 5 on the mob.

mikeGFG

Banned
For a while I was a little bitter that my giant hammer-wielding, face-smashing Paladin was pigeonheld into a healing role at level 70. But after playing an equal amount as Holy and Prot, I'm conviced Paladins are the best all-around class in the game :

Two immunity bubbles, retarded-good longevity and mana efficiency, 35% reduced threat for any DPS class, unmitigated Holy damage, and the best threat generation of any tanking class. Im sure that a Holy Pally, a Prot Pally, a Ret Pally (with Improved Sanc. Aura) and two other DPS could clear any 5-man in 30 minutes.

But my beef is... alot of work needs be done on equalizing all three classes capable of tanking (Druids, Paladins and Warriors) Because right now a Warrior is the only class that can main-taink Magtheridon, SSC, The Eye and BT. Whereas a variety of classes/specs can DPS and Heal for raid content.

Akia

My brother and I just renewed. We're lvl 35 on Arthas, and I'm just getting started with Blacksmithing/Mining. SM is so cool.

border

Tamanon said:
My alchemist is elixir mainly because it's really nice to have it proc on flasks.
Yeah, I'd really love to be able to make a buch of my own flasks and stuff.....but I'm like 19,000 rep away from the recipe I'd need. Plus my class leader is already an Elixir spec alchemist, so I imagine I can just go to him everytime I need some flasks made with a chance for a proc

Even when flasks proc, I imagine getting them sold can be kind of a dicey proposition. I guess I'd rather have the steady income of the Earth-to-Water transmutes or the high-risk/high-reward Primal Might transmuting....

border

Wow, I sure am glad I spent countless hours grinding rep for useless-ass factions like Lower City and Cenarion Expedition :(

I think this seals the deal -- we are looking at another expansion pack within 8-10 months. Blizzard doesn't want another Naxxramas situation where nobody sees high-end raid content, so they are removing as many cockblocks as possible. Ultimately it's good news....though I hope that there are some significant rewards for people that actually bothered to do their attunements.

Have fun wiping on Hydross, scrub guilds!

Eric WK

YagizY said:
Hey guys is their a guild for GAFers that are for low levels? I was curious because I just picked up the game.

Yeah. If anybody has a lowbie or reroll guild let me know. I finally convinced an Xbox Live friend of mine to get WoW so we're starting up as soon as the servers go back online.

Tamanon said:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...10637185&sid=1

Yeah. Very surprising. A lot of the hardcore are a little pissed, from what I've seen.

border

The little bitches that are whining about the changes to attunement are going to keep playing the game no matter what. The people that were being locked out of high-end content could have very-well quit the game over it. From the business perspective, it's a good decision.

Actually, from any perspective other than the "OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO MY EPENIS?!" perspective it's a pretty good decision. Like I said, I just want some sort of decent reward for having done the attunement in the first place....

Eric WK

border said:
The little bitches that are whining about the changes to attunement are going to keep playing the game no matter what. The people that were being locked out of high-end content could have very-well quit the game over it. From the business perspective, it's a good decision.

Actually, from any perspective other than the "OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO MY EPENIS?!" perspective it's a pretty good decision. Like I said, I just want some sort of decent reward for having done the attunement in the first place....

Well from what Tigole said, they're thinking about adding a final quest to the line so you can get some sort of reward. Hopefully they end up doing so.

border

People that did the quests should get some sort of equipment or items that will help them progress faster in those specific dungeons. Resistance gear for tanks.....flasks for DPS....whatever. Hell, how about a flat 5% damage buff anyone entering?

Zalasta

border said:

As I've said before, Alchemy really do not turn a profit. I'm a transmutation spec myself, and in my experience (3-4 months), I get maybe 1 proc every 2 weeks. I do it every day for a chance at learning new recipes, and also to build up my stash of Primals, but I do not do it to make money!

As for the other 2 specs. Since the change to consumables, I doubt elixir/potion/flask sells well, if any at all. You may as well make money off of the herbs instead. However, if you use a lot of them yourself, then look at it this way, whatever you saved from purchasing consumable is money gained instead, so it may be worthwhile for you to choose one of those specs.

fallout

Tamanon said:
Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep no longer have attunements as of today.
Good news, indeed. It might be a sign of Blizzard realizing that the majority of their player base is not going to dedicate countless hours to this stuff. Furthermore, it's also a sign that there is also a large majority of the player base that do not enjoy this game. They do it for reward and nothing more. If it requires work and skill, it's going to take them even longer to get it done. Now, at least, they'll burn through the content a little faster and think to themselves: "Wow, that wasn't worth it at all."

I've always said this, let the people that play 40-60 hours a week burn out on it. There aren't that many. Give the rest of us a reasonable amount of time to progress through the content and we'll be happy to keep paying.

Oh, and Border, for what it's worth, very few professions are good for making money. If you want easy money, sell your herbs, heh.

border

Zalasta said:
As I've said before, Alchemy really do not turn a profit.
I'm not looking to make big bucks, I just wanna make sure I don't miss an angle when choosing a spec. It sounds like Elixirs and Potions are just dead-ends, so I will go turn in my Primal Mights as soon as the servers are back up :)

I've always said this, let the people that play 40-60 hours a week burn out on it. There aren't that many. Give the rest of us a reasonable amount of time to progress through the content and we'll be happy to keep paying.
As long as there's some kind of significant bleeding-edge content for the e-penis crowd, I don't see what the problem is. I rather like the idea of nerfing old stuff as newer things are introduced.

Alex

Haha, we just did a guild push for SSC attunement too. Oh well, such a tedious attunement (through two locked out dungeons, on specific bosses) shouldn't have existed anyway.

On a weird note, my AVG found 3 viruses in the patch...

Eric P

my guild is kind of boring because we all have different schedules, but it's all IRL friends so I'm hesitant to just up and leave.. I'm just looking to add new people to my chat list if I'm on and no one else is.

server: whisperwind
char: yick
undead lock/lvl 21 or so right now.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Friend convinced me to grab my down-in-the-rut lvl 65 Shaman and transfer back over to the server I started playing on 2 years ago. Will be weird to see some old faces.

firex

for overhauls (which I don't really use, but it's just because I'm too lazy to go and spend a few hours redesigning my interface) bongos seems pretty good. Titanpanel is excellent just for giving you a running tally of stuff you'd otherwise have to stop and check, like your current bag space, durability, money and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom