• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
SteveO409 said:
link to new patch notes.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/

best change of all

Caverns of Time- Battle of Mount Hyjal

* Faction and loot rewards have been added to non-boss mobs in the Battle of Mount Hyjal raid event. The faction awarded by bosses has been decreased to balance this.

it was annoying to kill waves of trash then die on a boss without any rewards

Trash epics are the greatest thing ever. My guild's still learning SSC, and we haven't gotten very far. But it's awesome that even after a night of wipes, we still walk away with tons of epics from trash, and from the nether vortex craftables.

Ramirez

ToyMachine228 said:
Am I the only one disapointed that...Players are killing Archimonde and Illidan...And the next thing they are faced with is...Forest trolls. Pretty lame if you ask me. Granted a new 10-man will be appreciated by many, but the whole troll theme just sucks.

10 mans are awesome, I'm not a lore nerd, so I don't really care, just give me content me and a small group of friends can enjoy and stay competitive in PVP.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the latest patch a week or so ago, but two days ago I had to download it again and got this error message:

The patch "base\signaturefile" could not be applied. (Invalid source file size: expected 2048978, actual 2049071.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::pTCApply)

I just sent an email to tech support. Is anyone else getting this error, or does anyone know what it means. Re-installing the game is my absolute LAST option lol

I think I'm going to buy a 2 month card and re-up for some exploration of the BC content. I'm really missing Azeroth more than actually playing the game.

A while back, I heard tale of guilds dropping Tier 4 content, not even using Kara for guild pick-up alt groups, as it would take away time for Tier 5 content. Rogues and Fury Warriors pissed that they missed out on Dragonspine Trophy, others not getting bonuses needs unfulfilled, etc.

Now that we're working on Fathomlord, it makes MUCH more sense to me now. Out of the higher end content we run weekly: Lurker, Hydross, Void Reaver, working on Fathomlord, hell, even Magtheridon, one of these will be an "off-night" This week, it was us DUUHHHing up Mag. I think it's all the DPS cloth going to our resident BOOMkin most nights. Or the 41 Prot Warrior taking a 2H cheap on the DKP for farming purposes.

We enjoy the boss fights and learning; I guess that's what counts.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
SatelliteOfLove said:
A while back, I heard tale of guilds dropping Tier 4 content, not even using Kara for guild pick-up alt groups, as it would take away time for Tier 5 content. Rogues and Fury Warriors pissed that they missed out on Dragonspine Trophy, others not getting bonuses needs unfulfilled, etc.

Now that we're working on Fathomlord, it makes MUCH more sense to me now. Out of the higher end content we run weekly: Lurker, Hydross, Void Reaver, working on Fathomlord, hell, even Magtheridon, one of these will be an "off-night" This week, it was us DUUHHHing up Mag. I think it's all the DPS cloth going to our resident BOOMkin most nights. Or the 41 Prot Warrior taking a 2H cheap on the DKP for farming purposes.

We enjoy the boss fights and learning; I guess that's what counts.

I could understand skipping on karazhan but Gruul and Magtheridon should not be skip. Those 2 bosses should only take about less than an hour of your guild's time. Gruul drops the best melee trinket in the game(Dragonspine) and shield that will last you until Illidan. My guild has been running Gruul for almost 5 months and still no Aldori shield :(

We started Black Temple today and killed the first 2 bosses. It was great and the trash aren't as annoying as TK but we haven't gotten to the hard part of the instance. Planning to go to Shade of Akama then finish off Hyjal

SteveO409 said:
I could understand skipping on karazhan but Gruul and Magtheridon should not be skip. Those 2 bosses should only take about less than an hour of your guild's time. Gruul drops the best melee trinket in the game(Dragonspine) and shield that will last you until Illidan. My guild has been running Gruul for almost 5 months and still no Aldori shield :(

We started Black Temple today and killed the first 2 bosses. It was great and the trash aren't as annoying as TK but we haven't gotten to the hard part of the instance. Planning to go to Shade of Akama then finish off Hyjal

An officer's brother's guild has dropped everything short of Tier 6. Madness! :lol

Granted, they had everything but Kael down before the epics buffing patch, but yah.

border

SatelliteOfLove said:
A while back, I heard tale of guilds dropping Tier 4 content, not even using Kara for guild pick-up alt groups, as it would take away time for Tier 5 content.
Maybe if they all have arena epics and crafted epics or something. I don't see how you are supposed to tank SSC in endgame blues though.

There's only a handful of bosses in SSC and TK....why couldn't you fit in time for a Kara group?

Maybe if they all have arena epics and crafted epics or something. I don't see how you are supposed to tank SSC in endgame blues though.

There's only a handful of bosses in SSC and TK....why couldn't you fit in time for a Kara group?

He just means they're no longer running Karazhan, not that they never did. I don't know how you'd get past Gruul without going.

SSC has 6 bosses and TK has 4 plus both have a fair amount of trash so you have plenty to spend 4-5 days a week on while learning it. We're currently on Vashj and raid 5 nights a week for ~4 hours. On Tuesday we kill Void Reaver, HKM, Gruul, and Mag. On Wednesday and Thursday we try to kill everything but Vashj (hasn't happened yet) in SSC. Then on Sunday and Monday we're supposed to be working on progression but usually Sunday is spent killing bosses we failed at or didn't get to on Wednesday/Thursday.

cubicle47b said:
He just means they're no longer running Karazhan, not that they never did. I don't know how you'd get past Gruul without going.

SSC has 6 bosses and TK has 4 plus both have a fair amount of trash so you have plenty to spend 4-5 days a week on while learning it. We're currently on Vashj and raid 5 nights a week for ~4 hours. On Tuesday we kill Void Reaver, HKM, Gruul, and Mag. On Wednesday and Thursday we try to kill everything but Vashj (hasn't happened yet) in SSC. Then on Sunday and Monday we're supposed to be working on progression but usually Sunday is spent killing bosses we failed at or didn't get to on Wednesday/Thursday.

That's what I'm talking about, and we're on an even tighter schedule (13-17 hours a week). We're doing Magth this Sunday instead of more SSC time, for example.

border

Once you're adequately geared, it makes sense to skip Karazahn, sure. Most casters only want to go for the Nathrezim Mindblade, but the exact same sword (stats-wise) drops off of Gruul anyhow.

Our guild just has semi-mandatory SSC/TK raids 5:30PM server till late.....and then 3-4 mostly independent, loosely scheduled Karazahn groups that run before or after then. We aren't skipping Kara, but it's not a priority and doesn't go on the raid calendar anymore.

The thing I didn't quite get though was that if you are at a point where you can skip Kara, it shouldn't take more than 4-5 hours to clear the place out anyway.....so I can't see it being that much of a schedule crunch. It's not that difficult to get 10 people together during off-hours.

The thing I didn't quite get though was that if you are at a point where you can skip Kara, it shouldn't take more than 4-5 hours to clear the place out anyway.....so I can't see it being that much of a schedule crunch. It's not that difficult to get 10 people together during off-hours.

Well, it's not hard to find the time but adding Karazhan each week would be a bump to 24-25 hours of raiding plus time spent doing daily quests to pay for repairs, enchants, gems, etc. And that's without doing anything else in game. It's pretty easy to get burned out under those conditions.

border

cubicle47b said:
Well, it's not hard to find the time but adding Karazhan each week would be a bump to 24-25 hours of raiding plus time spent doing daily quests to pay for repairs, enchants, gems, etc. And that's without doing anything else in game. It's pretty easy to get burned out under those conditions.
That's why you don't make it mandatory, don't throw it on the raid calendar, and let people run their own groups for the most part. People that are burnt out can abstain, people that still want loot can run.

Considering buying a 1-month card, finishing my Draenei Shaman by getting it to 70 and then selling my account which will have one 70 Paladin and one 70 Shaman. This'll be a perfect activity since my 360 will be getting repaired. And I need the money since I'm heading back to school in August.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Boomer said:
man it took my guild like 6 nights of raiding to learn kael thas but once we got him down the fight seems so easy

Yeah, Kael'thas is all about the raid being focus and paying attention.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So I created an Orc Warlock for kicks the other week and having a decent amount of fun with him. Almost hitting lvl 30 and finding levelling is a breeze. Warlock is practically the only class I never got into i.e. I've got alts of all classes in the 20-30 range so it's cool to discover something fresh about WoW for once I suppose. The one surprise I had about the class is the amount of control they have in battle in regards to curses and what not.

yacobod

Banned
speedpop said:
So I created an Orc Warlock for kicks the other week and having a decent amount of fun with him. Almost hitting lvl 30 and finding levelling is a breeze. Warlock is practically the only class I never got into i.e. I've got alts of all classes in the 20-30 range so it's cool to discover something fresh about WoW for once I suppose. The one surprise I had about the class is the amount of control they have in battle in regards to curses and what not.

nerf warlocks :D

johnsmith

remember me
Ramirez said:
I simply can't wait until resilience affects dots, what a glorious day that will be.

It'll do absolutely nothing to nerf warlocks. And you won't even notice a difference unless you have insane 400+ resilience, which most people don't.

Ramirez

Well, I've got 4/5 Gladiator on my war, saving up for the season 2 sword, and I'll have all of the BG epic PVP gear shortly, my resilience will be pretty high. I'm at like 180 or something right now with about 6-7 more pieces of gear to replace with PVP stuff...still can get the enchant to chest and throw a few gems in, etc.

border

Dunno if how many people know about it, but if you go into Heroic UB with a Warlock, you can kill 2 Sporebats, then cling into the corner wall near them and target the final boss when he pats near. The warlock's imp can cast Fireball on the boss (you must select fireball, not the generic attack command), drawing you all into combat and warping you to the boss area......wipe it out, have your healer use his Soulstone and rez everyone. Then you can fight the last boss easy....and get to the 3rd boss after downing a couple trash mobs. Best done with a shaman that can ankh up in case people die in bad positions.

Easy Nether, easy badges, and easy Black Stalk for any casters in the group. What Blizzard will do about people using this exploit is anyone's guess, so try it at your own risk ;)

yacobod

Banned
Ramirez said:
Well, I've got 4/5 Gladiator on my war, saving up for the season 2 sword, and I'll have all of the BG epic PVP gear shortly, my resilience will be pretty high. I'm at like 180 or something right now with about 6-7 more pieces of gear to replace with PVP stuff...still can get the enchant to chest and throw a few gems in, etc.

getting a geared out warrior is nice, most things will be fodder for you, but it wont really matter in this case, the s.priest + lock combo is the paper to your rock

my warrior was tricked out with 330+ resilience, deep thunder, 29% crit in battle stance, 11.8k unbuffed health, and 1500 unbuffed AP, and still would get melted by shadow priests and warlocks, until they do something about resilience working against dots, good luck

Ramirez

yacobod said:
getting a geared out warrior is nice, most things will be fodder for you, but it wont really matter in this case, the s.priest + lock combo is the paper to your rock

my warrior was tricked out with 330+ resilience, deep thunder, 29% crit in battle stance, 11.8k unbuffed health, and 1500 unbuffed AP, and still would get melted by shadow priests and warlocks, until they do something about resilience working against dots, good luck

DOTs are affected by resilience next patch unless people have been telling me false stories. :lol

speedpop

So I was fooling around on the test realm with a premade Holy Paladin in AV.. and ****ing hell, I was never ever running out of mana, even whilst blessing random people and just following the mass throwing the heals down. Was in a group of two Shaman and two Shadow Priests so it was absolute killer - highlight of the round was doing two 7000+ heal crits in a row on a Warlock that was getting hammered. Think I only died once during the 40-50 mins or so we were going, and that was with me being the last man standing. Only problem was I couldn't hurt a ****ing fly in a fight :lol

Zensetsu

Alterac Valley is just ridiculous at the moment. I'm horde, in the 70 bracket and I regularly see between 10 and 15 people just sitting in the starting cave, not fighting at all. Just so frustrating, there needs to be a better way to stop honor soaking because its ruining AV.

yacobod

Banned
Zensetsu said:
Alterac Valley is just ridiculous at the moment. I'm horde, in the 70 bracket and I regularly see between 10 and 15 people just sitting in the starting cave, not fighting at all. Just so frustrating, there needs to be a better way to stop honor soaking because its ruining AV.

um thats how AV (i mean AFKV) has been going for months now

blizzard isnt going to do anything about it, i wouldnt even complain at this point, its an institution

speedpop

There were a few people even doing the AFK trick in AV on the test realm heh. Some people just never forget eh?

Ramirez

Zensetsu said:

Blizzard's minimal honor points for victory is terrible, can you blame people for not trying to get it legit when shit costs so much and it takes so long to accumulate?

Bring.

Back.

KORRAK.

That was AV. 9 hours. Making like a fullback and fearbomb charging for a few yards on the road. Deep strategizing in general chat amongst Druids and Rogues about the best way to ninja GYs. Not this shit.

border

As it is now, it's probably way easier to farm Honor out of AV......but I kinda miss the the 4-hour epic battles. When people knew that they were in for a long game, they were less likely to give up. But now when the tide turns against them most people would rather sit back, collect some Honor, and queue up for a new game. What's ironic thought is that in New AV it's much easier to turn things back in your favor....yet nobody tries. In AV Classic, losing a crucial graveyard could mean you were doomed no matter what. Yet still, people put more effort into defense then than they do now.

During AV weekend, they ought to at least give people the option of signing up for AV Classic :D

Nutter

hey border, i was wonderin about that thing in heroic UB. How exactly do you do it? LOL i really hate this instance and i just need the boots off of him.

yacobod

Banned
Ramirez said:
Blizzard's minimal honor points for victory is terrible, can you blame people for not trying to get it legit when shit costs so much and it takes so long to accumulate?

i dont know man, its pretty easy to get all the honor rewards now, during an AV weekend, if you put some time into it you can easily pull 10-15k honor a day w/out a lot of effort

1-2 weeks to collect all the new pvp epics doesnt sound too bad

its certainly a lot easier to get pvp gear than in the old high warlord grind, i've done both so i can comment accurately

speedpop

We had a semi-epic match of AV on the premade PTR servers. Lasted over 3 hours and mostly everyone was just fooling around and PVPing but we summoned Lok and were FINALLY able to take SP after we were on the backthread in Frostwolf Keep, pushing them all the way back past SH GY by the time we called him on. Good times!

border

Nutter said:
hey border, i was wonderin about that thing in heroic UB. How exactly do you do it? LOL i really hate this instance and i just need the boots off of him.
There's a corner after you kill the second mob and you press tight into it. You set up a macro that says "/target The Black Stalker" or whatever. Spam the macro.....when the boss comes near, the Warlock should have his imp cast Firebolt on the boss. This pulls the entire group into combat, and warps them through the wall. Have everyone run to the left and die....healer uses SS once the boss resets and rezes everyone.

yacobod said:
its certainly a lot easier to get pvp gear than in the old high warlord grind, i've done both so i can comment accurately
Yeah, but the battlegrounds PVP gear is pretty crappy now, whereas the High Warlord stuff used to be amazing.

Ramirez

yacobod said:
i dont know man, its pretty easy to get all the honor rewards now, during an AV weekend, if you put some time into it you can easily pull 10-15k honor a day w/out a lot of effort

1-2 weeks to collect all the new pvp epics doesnt sound too bad

Yea, during an AV weekend that pops up every 4 weeks or so, but if you want all of those new purps, you're gonna be grinding these 3 year old BGs alot longer than 1-2 weeks, unless you stay in there all day and win every game. :p

I did both too, and neither is ideal, I just hate endless grinding of old content, that's all.

And about the UB thing, we've been doin it the past two days, we've found you have to buff the warlock in some way after he pulls it, otherwise none of us were getting ported, and if you run to the left he should deaggro and you don't even have to die. I got my Shaman's Stormsong Kilt on the first try :D

yacobod

Banned
border said:
Yeah, but the battlegrounds PVP gear is pretty crappy now, whereas the High Warlord stuff used to be amazing.

pvp gear is better for pvp, not sure whats difficult to understand about that

if u check out all the top arena teams, they all use their epic pvp reward pieces in the slots that dont have arena equivalents

its all about resilience

Nutter

border said:
There's a corner after you kill the second mob and you press tight into it. You set up a macro that says "/target The Black Stalker" or whatever. Spam the macro.....when the boss comes near, the Warlock should have his imp cast Firebolt on the boss. This pulls the entire group into combat, and warps them through the wall. Have everyone run to the left and die....healer uses SS once the boss resets and rezes everyone.

the ledge on the left side that runs along the water?

border

No -- it's just the meeting of 2 walls....you can see the corner from the entrance. All you do is kill 2 patrolling sporebats and go no further. There's probably screenshots and video guides out there.

border

I honestly don't know what that video was talking about with the targeting system and the camera. You can target The Black Stalker without a spyglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom