• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter

i do want to fight him...i hate the instance, and i got a group to try it and it didnt work, it would just teleport the lock to the boss but not anyone else....so we went and cleared the whole thing to him :lol

Ramirez

As I said, in order to get ported, you have to buff or heal the warlock to get on the Stalker's hate list, otherwise only the lock will get teleported from my experience.

border

Was the lock attacking as well? I think you might have to do that in order to draw the entire group into combat. I've never had a problem getting the entire group ported...

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I found this humorous. There's a senator and majority leader that plays WoW...his gear is pretty good but he respec holy

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Paleray

senator.jpg

Senator Tenorio

Hey, I recently made a WoW movie based on Karazhan. Basically just a montage of the bosses with some music and a little story to add some flavor. It's hosted on Filefront, ok to post here? Or should I get it up on youtube, though I fear that would rape the quality.

Jijidasu

Mr. Bunnies said:
Hey, I recently made a WoW movie based on Karazhan. Basically just a montage of the bosses with some music and a little story to add some flavor. It's hosted on Filefront, ok to post here? Or should I get it up on youtube, though I fear that would rape the quality.

I'd say both.

If the people enjoy the movie enough they might download the better version from Filefront, thats how I act with certain things anyway.

Now, I've got a question.

I shifted to WoW from FFXI last year with the trend following my FFXI guild mates, the majority of them are American (I'm Aussie) in the end I just followed them to the server they chose.
Time went on, I stopped playing for a while and decided to pick it up just before TBC, managed to hit 70 and then realised that I wouldn't be able to raid with my friends like we did in FFXI (the difference in endgame between FFXI and WoW is unmeasurable).

Not being able to raid with my friends kind of killed the fun and I got bored rather quickly. I was lucky enough to find an Australian guild on the US server and we managed to finish Karazhan quite quickly, unfortunately it wasn't in my interest to stick around with their guild (leadership issues, constant conflict among members, ruling out newer members and whatnot) soon after I left the game entirely.

I'm looking to pick the game up again soon so I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a server with active Asia-pacific raid guilds (Horde preferred, I've had it with Alliance (sorry kids)).

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Ashodin

Autumn Thread said:
I'm looking to pick the game up again soon so I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a server with active Asia-pacific raid guilds (Horde preferred, I've had it with Alliance (sorry kids)).

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Mm, what time of day do you usually play around?

Jijidasu

I'm usually busy during the day (9am - 4pm) but from then onwards I'm free.
So I guess you could say 4:30pm to after midnight AEST.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Mr. Bunnies said:
Filefront can stream so just post that link.

Autumn, you may be better off just rolling/transferring onto an Oceanic-timed server.

I'm so close to buying a new computer and start with WoW again. Damn it! I quit before BC was released, but my friends are still playing and they try to convince to come back.

Help me GAF, I know it would suck me in again.

Autumn, there's a bunch of Oceanic servers both PVP and PVE. Check out the forums there to see which one has the most active hordie population. Probably one of the newers ones I'd gather.

Blackrock is a "US" server that has unofficially been taken over by Aussies as well.

Ashodin

TerryLee81 said:
I'm so close to buying a new computer and start with WoW again. Damn it! I quit before BC was released, but my friends are still playing and they try to convince to come back.

Help me GAF, I know it would suck me in again.
Why not play? If you know you got a lot of friends who are willing to level you up or level with you, do it.

Maxrpg said:
Why not play? If you know you got a lot of friends who are willing to level you up or level with you, do it.

They would love to help me, that's not the problem. It's more because I know that I would get addicted again and the rest of my life would go down the toilet again.

And my girlfriend would kill me, definitely.

The fact alone that it's so tempting to start again worries me.

Mojojo

firex said:
Just unsubstantiated rumors (which is what IGN's good at) but here is what they claim someone said about the new expansion: http://pc.ign.com/articles/809/809350p1.html

I kind of hope some of it's true, since it'd get me back into WoW, and I don't want them to rush the northrend/arthas stuff.

On the other end, Wowinsider is saying leaked music sheets for the final live concert at Blizzcon 2007 could mean the next expansion is indeed Northrend. Anyway, exciting week ahead for WoW fans :D

Draft

Last I heard Hero classes are coffin dead. They are never going into the game. Diversification of the talent trees and powerful 41 (presumably 51 in the next xpac) talents are going to substitute Hero classes.

border

I never understood what the point of Hero classes was? How would the effect be any different than a talent spec? (Aside from perhaps being a more permanent decisions)

Draft

border said:
I never understood what the point of Hero classes was? How would the effect be any different than a talent spec? (Aside from perhaps being a more permanent decisions)
No point, really. Talents pretty much replace hero classes.

speedpop

Well judging by what IGN has said with the "no talents from 70-80" being substituted for hero classes, it sort of makes sense and effectively eliminates the insane amount of bitching that ensues after new talents are added. But who really knows.

Draft is correct in that talents replace/d hero classes in the sense that the differences between a Resto Shaman and an Enhancement Shaman are easily there to see - so why bother trying to add something that is already explainable?

I'd still like to see a hero Druid of the Wild running around though ;)

Draft

speedpop said:
I'd still like to see a hero Druid of the Wild running around though ;)
Could always make that the 51 point talent in one tree or another :lol

BTW new rumor is that the xpac is called "Wrath of the Lich King", primarily takes place in Northrend, and that Death Knight or something similar is the new class.

Sounds pretty plausible. If DKs were plate wearing casters, they could largely get away with paladin itemization at the low levels, assuming they have a spell damage tree, a tanking tree, and maybe something like a debuff/melee DPS tree? It adds another tank to the game, bringing some parity to the class choice (4 healer types, 4 pure dps types, 4 tank types.) And it fits with the lore. Sort of that whole stare into the abyss and the abyss stares back at you thing. Spend some time in Northrend fighting the Scourge, sooner rather than later you've got people copying their abilities to counteract them.

Hero

Here's hoping they introduce at least two new classes.

Death Knight is cool, but everybody and their cousin will roll one immediately.

fallout

Hero said:
Why must you always pick fights with me?
:lol I dunno. Habit? No hard feelings or anything.

Regardless, the point is correct. Hell, I'd say "**** my shaman" and roll Death Knight. It's sort of the same situation with including Pandaren in the game. Who wouldn't want to be one? This is also tied to my Brewmaster class idea, BTW, which will obviously never see the light of day.

Hero

fallout said:
:lol I dunno. Habit? No hard feelings or anything.

Regardless, the point is correct. Hell, I'd say "**** my shaman" and roll Death Knight. It's sort of the same situation with including Pandaren in the game. Who wouldn't want to be one? This is also tied to my Brewmaster class idea, BTW, which will obviously never see the light of day.

What battlegroup are you in? Please say Reckoning. :p

firex

yeah, if they announce a death knight then I'll drop my lame-o paladin (since blizzard thinks a plate class should be a better healer than a priest) for one.

firex

I would say undead, blood elf, and human even if that adds an extra class to those races' already pretty full selection. humans are lame, but draenei and dwarves aren't cool enough for it, and they're the other paladin races. undead are like a given though.

Hero said:
Here's hoping they introduce at least two new classes.

Death Knight is cool, but everybody and their cousin will roll one immediately.

Then they're still stuck healing in raids! :lol /uglytruth

Working on Tidewalker atm. Holy shitballs that fight's long.

speedpop said:
Death Knight would be sweet, but which race cops it?

When Hero Classes were being played around with before WoW came out, Blizzard had a Human Deathknight as a Hero Class. Humans are commonly Death Knights. Arthas, and some of the Four Horsemen. Three of them are Humans.

Tamanon

Banned
From Worldofraids and from a German site.

More Wotlk (Wrath of the Lich King) leaked infos by WoWszene.de

WoWszene.de came up with a massive amount of leaked infos on the next WoW Addon: Wrath of the Lich King

We asked to WoWszene.de the permission to post the translation (thanks MyM|Lenya) of the german part of their article ; there it is:

WoW-Szene.de presents you the most important contents about the new addon by Blizzard- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. Last night you could see those informations shortly on an underpage of the officially EU-WoW Website and got confirmed to WoW-Szene.de by other sources, among others the official FAQ to WotLK.

What to expect from the Expansion :

*It is going to Northrend! With level 80 and new abilities! If some Objects are achieved, you can create a new Character. The Death Knight. He starts straight in High Level Area.
*In PVP there will be finally be the long-ago announced siege weapons available and there will be destroyable buildings, plus a new battleground
*The Deathknight will be a kind of Damage Dealer and at the same time a Tank with so far non existant new abilities. He will be playable by Alliance and Horde, but it will be just certain Races who will have the possibility to create a Death Knight. He is the first Heroclass and other will probably come in the following Expansions.

More summaries of the of the FAQs:

* New possibilities of designing your Character.
* You will fight against the Lich King Arthas!
* Leveling from 70 to 80 will take as much time as leveling from 60 to 70.
* Howling Fjord will be the first area you will arrive to. Afterwards there will be areas following like Grizzly Hills and Dragonblight.
* The first Dungeon will be Utgarde Keep. You will be able to enter it at level 70 and it will be a 5-man Instance. 25er Dungeons will still be existant, just as well as Heroic Instances.
* New Profession: Inscription – Enduring amplification of spells and abilities.
* There will be a Cinematic Intro.
* Northrend will be about as big as Outlands.

Other contents like screenshots could sadly not be saved since the page went offline straight.

The complete FAQ with other Informations in English can be read here.

Doesn't seem too out of the way, but we'll see if any of that is true. Wonder what exactly Inscription will be.

Draft

SatelliteOfLove said:
Then they're still stuck healing in raids! :lol /uglytruth

Working on Tidewalker atm. Holy shitballs that fight's long.
Hate Tidewalker. IMO he's harder than Vashj. At least Vashj is fairly static- shit happens, you deal with it, you screw up, you wipe. Tidewalker's so random. Ooops, he just graved your pally tank! Oops, he just graved 3 healers! Ooops, he just bursted for 18k! Ooops, one of your healers out aggroed the pally tank by 100 threat, and now he's dead. Ooops, Ooops, Ooops! And of course he's got like 4.5 million HP, so the whole thing lasts 10 minutes. Hate him.

border

It's awesome that you'll be able to start a DeathKnight out at a high level, but at the same time that pretty much guarantees that everybody and their mom with have a DeathKnight alt. Is it primarily a caster or melee class?

Any insight into what the new profession is supposed to be?

* New Profession: Inscription – Enduring amplification of spells and abilities.

Does this mean you'll be making consumable scrolls for players to buff themselves? Or will it be just another form of enchanting?

yacobod

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
When Hero Classes were being played around with before WoW came out, Blizzard had a Human Deathknight as a Hero Class. Humans are commonly Death Knights. Arthas, and some of the Four Horsemen. Three of them are Humans.

the 4 horseman of the apocalypse now demoted to death knight status :lol

nice rationale

Draft said:
Hate Tidewalker. IMO he's harder than Vashj. At least Vashj is fairly static- shit happens, you deal with it, you screw up, you wipe. Tidewalker's so random. Ooops, he just graved your pally tank! Oops, he just graved 3 healers! Ooops, he just bursted for 18k! Ooops, one of your healers out aggroed the pally tank by 100 threat, and now he's dead. Ooops, Ooops, Ooops! And of course he's got like 4.5 million HP, so the whole thing lasts 10 minutes. Hate him.

Agreed. It's the fight that gives us the most trouble by far. There are just so many ways for the fight to go wrong on Morogrim and it takes forever to kill him.

I liked it at first because I'm the pally tank but it's quickly become the fight I hate the most.

border

Just bring 2 paladins for the murlocs and it's not too much of a problem to kill Tidewalker. Finding 2 competent paladins.....now there's a challenge.

yacobod said:
the 4 horseman of the apocalypse now demoted to death knight status :lol

nice rationale

Not those four horsemen. The four horsemen from Naxx. Thanks for being a dick about it though.

The Four Horsemen are four powerful death knights in the service of Kel'Thuzad, in his dread citadel of Naxxramas. They are Highlord Mograine, Thane Korth'azz, Lady Blaumeux, and Sir Zeliek.

border

Any suggestions or websites on how to tune WoW for performance? I'm getting single-digit FPS in some of the SSC boss fights, making it hard to react quickly to some stuff or pull off cluth banishes.

speedpop

border said:
Any suggestions or websites on how to tune WoW for performance? I'm getting single-digit FPS in some of the SSC boss fights, making it hard to react quickly to some stuff or pull off cluth banishes.
Actually I've been copping the same problem lately, but I think it's more of a performance issue with my PC specifically as it's doing the same with other online games.

Ok, looks like I'm going to start again. Now I just have to decide what race/class.

I had a 60 druid the last time I played, and what I really don't want this time is healing.

I'm torn between warlock / warrior / shaman.

Warlock: Sounds cool but it seems to me that EVERYONE is playing a warlock at the moment (at least in low level areas).

Shaman: Is it possible to play one without being healer every time you're in a party?

Warrior: When I started with WoW warriors were weak and everyone laughed at them. Later on they were strong as hell and everyone said "imba". How are they at the moment?

Thanks for any advice guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom