• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Alex said:
I would say in terms of PvP difficulty, Hunter is one the MOST difficult, not the least. :p I'm not talking about the irrelevant BG system where no one helps each other, it's total zerg and everyone has free reign to stand at 41 yards. I'm talking about in high end arenas, a great Hunter, which are rare as fuck, can make a massive difference.

Hunters claim they're busted in arenas, they're not, top team had a damn Hunter, but playing it well is absurdly difficult, kiting around a whole team perfectly while doing multiple jobs at once. Only thing that is as skillful in BC PVP, IMO, is still frost mage.

Rogues are just terrible now, I haven't seen one in an arena in a month, month in a half. There's really little reason to bring one sadly. They need some definite arena help.

I play Paladin exclusively for PvP, and I'm starting to feel kind of crap in upper tier arenas, personally. Hit 2100 last week (although I can see it falling back to around 2kish :(), and the Holy Priests at that stage are just incredible. Its insane what a Holy Priest with 400 resilience can reduce a Warrior to, or the utility they bring in general. Bubble dominates trash ratings, but you don't feel quite as kinetic later on

If I had the patience to gear my Priest, I'd swap over, but for now I'm waiting till the expansion then I'll just entirely ditch my Paladin. Paladin is a very boring, skilless, one dimensional class that will likely never improve. After a year and a half with it, I'm ready to move on

I'll tell you one thing I see a lot of in my battlegroup in upper arenas: kickass Elemental Shaman. Those fuckers can really devastate, GREAT utility, durable, gigantic damage.

I don't think we'll go any farther, I'd like to hit the top ranks, we have the talent for it, but not the class diversity. If we had a Priest (cry) we'd do much better!

Also, raiding in TBC sucks shit. I liked Karazhan, SSC and TK are terrible, terrible places. Got 3/4ths of the way done with SSC before I just said fuck it, I don't wanna play anymore.

Naxx was worth the 15 hours a week I could commit to raiding. This is not, so more free time for me to do more meaningful things anyway. :p
You sound like the type of guy who enjoys 10 mans more. And I would be with you on that - 10 mans are so much easier to organize and you feel more like a tight knit group when you run them - which is why Zul'Aman will be ran heavily (thank god for the 2 day reset too!)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Definitely a hit-up for Elemental/Resto mix of Shaman with the right gear. I was fiddling around with a Shaman on the premades and doing a hybrid of it.. it was just still way too insane if I was given the amount of distance and not getting hammered on. I can see where Blizzard are happy with what Shaman are, but I'd still like to see some sort of new skill or ability where we have some sense of crowd control - unless you're full Resto with Earth Shield rotating around you, you may as well sign the will.

But regardless... was always great to have a chain lightning go off then a lightning bolt and, if needed, a shock to get the job done. Very very powerful given the right gear.

firex

damn. reading about ele/resto shamans actually being viable now sounds fun. it's the spec I really wanted to play, it's just kind of hard to grind with compared to enhance. maybe I should level my shaman up to 70 so I can go spec for it and blast away.

and hearing about blizzard making leveling faster is great news. I might renew when that patch hits so I can play some alts that I lost interest in mainly because of the horrible 20-50 grind. Maybe I can finally get a shadow priest up high enough to be awesome... or finish some other alt or something. Then I could probably get a better grinding alt with some group utility (dps warrior or something where I'd just be able to haul around a set of tanking gear, maybe?) so I could unlock death knight faster... either that or I'll just stick with my loladin to 80. Who knows, maybe they'll get the TBC druid treatment in WotLK. nah, just kidding, they'll just nerf seal of blood and seal of command some more.

bengraven

Dustwallow Marsh
A new goblin town will be added to Dustwallow Marsh with new quests.

Faster leveling
In a future patch (before the expansion), levels 20 to 60 will have the experience required per-level reduced and quests will yield 30% more experience.

1st Part) I want more of this is the game! I want new stuff in Azeroth and not just for 70 plus, but for new toons. It should feel more fresh the second time around without having to switch allegiances.

2nd Part) If you couldn't tell, I'm an alt-whore and this is awesome news. I've got a warrior on his way to 70, but my rogue is only at 22 and my warlock, that I'd love to play but am bored with all the starting areas, is 10.

speedpop

Sometime soon I am guessing - I'd say it's another week or so off from getting the live shove. Voice chat is working perfectly fine for me on the PTR's.

Don't forget that Blizz would like to release Zul'Aman in Patch 2.3 before the end of the year.

Ashodin

speedpop said:
Sometime soon I am guessing - I'd say it's another week or so off from getting the live shove. Voice chat is working perfectly fine for me on the PTR's.

Don't forget that Blizz would like to release Zul'Aman in Patch 2.3 before the end of the year.
2.3 is coming soon after 2.2 - they have to get the October new event out in the servers before October is over, so expect 2.3 at the end of October.

Son of Godzilla said:
Wow this is my first afk valley weekend. It's ridiculously nice.

StinkyQueue ftw. Although I've noticed to my chagrin that whenever the 10 of us guildies take a side (O or D) the other side is two fucks to the wind in reguards to doing their job. Either we knock everything off and are about to pull Vann when they win cuz there was NO resistance at IB or the Drek's place, or we hold them off for 30 minutes but the numbnuts up north are affected by that Super Scattergun Millisecond Polymorph Ray that the Allys use around Icewing. Blech.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Weird question. What is, generally, the best PvP class in the game among all of the tiers? I feel like I just want to lvl up a class to just PvP.

speedpop

Not a weird question at all.

Every class have their pro's and con's, and with talents and gear it becomes even more imbalanced at times.

For example: my Shaman is at the moment an Elemental spec purely for grinding purposes (of which I am still yet to truck through for another 4 levels *sigh*).. therefore it is easy fodder for many classes. Rogues, Warriors, Warlocks to name a few. Rogues especially. But change that around.. I spec full Restoration and essentially nothing can stop me bar Priests who use dispell and fellow Shaman with their purges - but I have to vastly change my playstyle due to this. My strength is through support and being the last player standing.

My advice to you is search up on each class you feel is worth your time. If you enjoy the status of hybrids and how they appear in your eyes, then roll one. If you want a purely melee attack spec, then go for that.

People will say roll a Warlock or roll a Warrior and yeah it's true. Not only are they good at PVP but also PVE.. but ultimately being able to smash faces consistently in WoW comes down to several things.

- talents
- gear
- player skill (which many people scoff at, but there's a difference between a player who is hunger bent on killing a single person till the very end and a player who realises that it's not worth their time and comes back to fight another day in a better situation)

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
You never really know when the king of pvp will get nerfed or when underdogs will bet boosted, so picking a pvp class just for pwning doesnt mean its always gonna last.

firex

Warrior will pretty much always be a good choice because there's always going to be awesome 2h weapons available, and if you get bored of pvping you can go spec for tanking.

bengraven

firex said:
Warrior will pretty much always be a good choice because there's always going to be awesome 2h weapons available, and if you get bored of pvping you can go spec for tanking.

Wait, so warriors are cool now? Is this why I'm seeing more newbie/alt warrior running around Org?

I've spent the last few months grinding with a sob in my voice and emo music playing on the stereo; feeling left out and hated.

firex

There's probably tons of warriors around because you can go dps spec, grab tanking gear from instances, and tank nearly everything except maybe MT in raids. Plus it's a great pvp class when dps specced. Plus you can solo well, and... well, ok, you can't heal or CC, but everybody's gotta have a weakness!

bengraven

firex said:
There's probably tons of warriors around because you can go dps spec, grab tanking gear from instances, and tank nearly everything except maybe MT in raids. Plus it's a great pvp class when dps specced. Plus you can solo well, and... well, ok, you can't heal or CC, but everybody's gotta have a weakness!

See, this is a major shift since I started last September. I remember major blog and message board posts (as well as general chat) stating that "warriors are only good as tanks and they need to shut up and deal with it". Everyone on my server were rolling shammies and rogues.

I'm seeing a lot of >lvl 15 warriors sprouting up, so it just feels like a fluid change.

Kintaro

Interesting with the Warrior love. I have a lvl 24 Warrior and was frustrated as hell while leveling. I ask a couple of my guildmates (which are pretty hardcore, I was in their linkshell in FFXI, so free admittance) who happen to play Warrior for some general tips. I was surprised when a couple of them suggested not to even bother with Warrior and give Druid a try if my goal was just to tank for friends. Granted, they could just want more healers to drag along in raids, but I don't see myself committing to raiding much, if at all.

It was rather surprising advice from some highly devoted Warriors. And no, I don't want their jobs. :lol

firex

well, for whatever reason I've never really had fun playing druids. I've tried it like 2-3 different times and always get bored pretty early on (plus, I felt like catform was a major disappointment). I think I'd like a balance druid, but there's basically 0 gear for balance except for the epics and a few blues at 70. Anyway... feral druids are definitely easy to play/tank with, but the reason I've always liked playing a warrior over a feral druid is you get to swing big weapons, hit pretty hard, and you can't heal, so the worst job you get stuck with is still a lot more engaging than playing whack-a-mole with HP bars. Also, being a tank, you can actually go afk for some kind of quick emergency and the group doesn't ignore you, rush off without you and then blame their inevitable wipe on you because they're fucking dumb and can't be bothered to read chat except when they're bragging about their spot on damage meters.

I think most people say "warriors are tanks, deal with it" because of all the absolutely retarded warrior players out there (like all the retarded players of every other class) who go dps spec, don't bother ever learning how to hold aggro or watch out for other group members to pull mobs off them, etc. Or maybe it's like in WoW beta when, despite the fact that at that point warriors were definitely the only capable tanking class, plenty of random retards would ask why they're expected to tank instances on their warrior when nobody else could do it.

But if you want to play an awesome pvp class and don't want to have to tank, just make a warlock. I think they level even faster, and typically they're about as useful to a group as a mage can be if you ever decide to do instances instead of just solo grinding.

Kintaro

I don't mind being a tank. That's why I made it. To be a tank for my friends in random instances, heroics, or whatever really. My build right now is purely for leveling and it gets rather frustrating at times. If I ever raid with it, fine, but that's not my main goal (and it's not going to take over my life like it does some in the guild. lol).

My mage is also level 32 right now, so perhaps I could make that one PvP only. I'm not sure.

I'm trying to find a melee niche I guess. Coming from FFXI, my main love was Monk, which was in your face, punch your nose in pure DPS with minor ultility built in so you can continue to punch the shit out of things. I guess I'm still trying to find that in WoW. So far, seems the main PvPers I see on my server are Warlock (I hate those fuckers lol), Hunter, and Rogue. This accurate?

bengraven

firex said:
well, for whatever reason I've never really had fun playing druids. I've tried it like 2-3 different times and always get bored pretty early on (plus, I felt like catform was a major disappointment). I think I'd like a balance druid, but there's basically 0 gear for balance except for the epics and a few blues at 70. Anyway... feral druids are definitely easy to play/tank with, but the reason I've always liked playing a warrior over a feral druid is you get to swing big weapons, hit pretty hard, and you can't heal, so the worst job you get stuck with is still a lot more engaging than playing whack-a-mole with HP bars. Also, being a tank, you can actually go afk for some kind of quick emergency and the group doesn't ignore you, rush off without you and then blame their inevitable wipe on you because they're fucking dumb and can't be bothered to read chat except when they're bragging about their spot on damage meters.

I think most people say "warriors are tanks, deal with it" because of all the absolutely retarded warrior players out there (like all the retarded players of every other class) who go dps spec, don't bother ever learning how to hold aggro or watch out for other group members to pull mobs off them, etc. Or maybe it's like in WoW beta when, despite the fact that at that point warriors were definitely the only capable tanking class, plenty of random retards would ask why they're expected to tank instances on their warrior when nobody else could do it.

But if you want to play an awesome pvp class and don't want to have to tank, just make a warlock. I think they level even faster, and typically they're about as useful to a group as a mage can be if you ever decide to do instances instead of just solo grinding.

My girlfriend is a warlock and was before I met her. She rips people apart in PvP whether it's battlegrounds or just world PvP. She's addicted to it! There's a bloodlust in her I don't want to see against me ever...

She takes her frustation in life out on gnomes, thank God... :lol

firex

my first char I made was a warlock, and that was back when death coil was on a 10 minute cooldown and didn't have the horror effect that nearly everyone whines about. so it was literally just about the worst spell ever, and the class was pretty much a free HK for anyone except mages (cause they could actually counter mages and dot them up to kill them off).

now my warlock feels like I'm playing in godmode, but so can a properly twinked out warrior (i.e. don't overspend on blue mail/plate, just grab yourself some good blue weapons off the AH/get some from instances).

oh, and a mage can actually be pretty good in pvp. It's definitely less durable than most of the other big pvp classes, but for groups/arenas especially they are awesome in pvp thanks to sheep and snare/root/etc. You'll definitely find a ton of hunters/rogues in world pvp, because that's where they shine (well, and regular BGs). But in arenas they aren't so hot, as I think we had some posts about that a page or so back.

I'm actually playing a rogue right now, and it fulfills the FFXI monk role pretty well (that melee dps with some utility added in), but it swings wildly between a great pvp class and a horrible pvp class. Right now they're pretty much caster killers (this can even include paladins, despite them wearing plate, but it depends upon the pally's spec) but in the past they've been... well, everyone but warrior killers. Then again, I doubt they'll ever be the great pvp class they used to be, now that people can get way more HP and resilience and stuff at 70 to negate their big burst damage.

Kintaro said:
Interesting with the Warrior love. I have a lvl 24 Warrior and was frustrated as hell while leveling. I ask a couple of my guildmates (which are pretty hardcore, I was in their linkshell in FFXI, so free admittance) who happen to play Warrior for some general tips. I was surprised when a couple of them suggested not to even bother with Warrior and give Druid a try if my goal was just to tank for friends. Granted, they could just want more healers to drag along in raids, but I don't see myself committing to raiding much, if at all.

It was rather surprising advice from some highly devoted Warriors. And no, I don't want their jobs. :lol

Warriors have a nasty Bell Curve when it comes to leveling ease. Go against an Orange con mob with a weapon and armor old in the tooth and it is PAIN. But go against that same mob with a refreshing of said gear and several more levels under your belt and you'll cream them with very little damage done to you; it's almost as downtime-free as a BM Hunter or Demo Lock. My alt has 6.66% to hit 2H wielding, plus 28.3% Crit and 1730 unbuffed AP with 5 instant offence trinkets and talents, and it's a slaughterhouse on all but the hardiest 70+.

Gear dependant class, double-edged sword, cuz I remember dark days where much of my gear at the time was 10 levels below my current level, and my ax was 8 levels ago put in my mitts, and there was no +Crit or +Hit yet for my level. *shudder*

firex

yeah, I should've mentioned that it's really gear dependent, but I figured that was a bit obvious. when I said don't go for blue mail/plate I mainly meant up to level 55ish... and not to go for it if you're buying stuff from the AH. getting drops from quests/instances is different and of course you should go for that, but in my experience people looooove to charge ripoff prices on rare mail/plate in the AH. And until you hit around 55ish it's hard to get armor with hit/crit rating, which is just as important on your armor as raw stats like str/stam/agi, if not moreso sometimes.

SyNapSe

Kintaro,

Your friends suggestion of Druid seems good to me. Druid should level faster with less downtime. Their tanking & melee damage dealing tree is the same, so you can do both effectively without respeccing. At least, for your goal of tanking for friends in 5-mans, etc.

Now for Raids, Warriors are going to end up the tank probably, but you said that's not your goal. Your friends are down on their class because everyone is down on their class in WoW.

Kintaro

SyNapSe said:
Kintaro,

Your friends suggestion of Druid seems good to me. Druid should level faster with less downtime. Their tanking & melee damage dealing tree is the same, so you can do both effectively without respeccing. At least, for your goal of tanking for friends in 5-mans, etc.

Now for Raids, Warriors are going to end up the tank probably, but you said that's not your goal. Your friends are down on their class because everyone is down on their class in WoW.

:lol So true.

I actually leveled Druid to 10 last night and quit when I picked up the Bear form. Moonglade is really pretty, but real surreal with Tauren and Night Elves hugging trees with each other. However, I did have fun. We'll see in another ten or so levels. I've been researching the class nicely and watching some videos. Here's hoping!

Hey, can you guys give me some tips on the quickest ways to leveling in the outlands? Currently my rogue has completed all the solo quests in both zangarmarsh and hellfire yet I just barely hit 63. I'm mainly concerned with how long each level is taking. I tried doing instances but my realm, demon soul is pretty bad and it takes a long time to even get a party. Is there a good grinding guide for the outlands that would be quicker or what can I do to speed up the leveling time?

Ramirez

BloodElfHunter said:
Hey, can you guys give me some tips on the quickest ways to leveling in the outlands? Currently my rogue has completed all the solo quests in both zangarmarsh and hellfire yet I just barely hit 63. I'm mainly concerned with how long each level is taking. I tried doing instances but my realm, demon soul is pretty bad and it takes a long time to even get a party. Is there a good grinding guide for the outlands that would be quicker or what can I do to speed up the leveling time?

You're on the right pace, Terrokar should take you close to level 65, before moving on to Nagrand.

Just hit 64 on my lock after quitting since January. I've /gquit and I'm just exploring and soloing and having the time of my life.

The whole guild officer/raid grind was killing my love for WoW and I'm glad I kicked the habit. Welcome back, WoW. =D

border

I came back from a 1 1/2 week break to find that several prominent members of my guild have now quit (warlock class leader, main tank, main pally tank, guild founder) and that a number of other regular players haven't logged on in a while. We are now running "joint" SSC raids with some other guild. Since the only lock that had a great deal of Fire Resistance is gone, I kinda doubt we'll ever see Vashj again.

So yeah, that new "5 nights a week, 80% raid attendance required" policy hasn't quite worked out :lol Amusingly enough, the people pushing that policy were among the first to leave. Morons. I look them up in the Armory now and they're all guildless. Institute a rule that makes everyone hopeless and apathetic, then leave because everyone is hopeless and apathetic. :\

Funny thing though -- we are still the #2 Horde guild on the server because basically all but a few top guilds have quit or stopped progressing. The gap between the top guilds and those below them is ridiculous. We are/were on Vashj and the closest guild to us has only cleared Lurker Below. The #1 and #2 Alliance guilds have downed Kael'thas while #3 and #4 aren't past Vashj or Tidewalker respectively.

Not that I can really bring myself to care about this shit anymore though.....it's just funny what a fuckup the BC 25-man raid dungeons have been. Hilarious to think they are still going to try and cram in another one before Wrath of the Lich King. How is PVE progression looking on other servers?

firex

Kilrogg (where I originally started out) was pretty far along, but it's one of the original servers. The top guilds have cleared some stuff in BT and Hyjal, maybe even everything (though I kind of doubt it). Then there's a huge dropoff after that. Most people do arenas instead for their purples. The server is full of poopsockers and other elitists who don't realize how retarded they really are, though.

Rexxar (where I transferred my paladin and warlock to) is way worse off as far as progression goes, but that just means it's still fun if you aren't a catass. I think the best guilds have basically killed some stuff in SSC and TK and that's it. I know the best horde guild had Vashj killed... and unlike nearly every other server in existence, the horde presence on Rexxar is a lot better (even at high levels) than the alliance. The only real exception is world pvp stuff, but that's just because most of the people know it's meaningless. When a guild is raiding in a zone with pvp objectives, though, they absolutely fucking demolish any alliance trying to take the objectives.

Also, the best guilds on Rexxar aren't complete dicks to people who don't have the same time/gear that they do. Meanwhile on Kilrogg, random people who are unguilded will talk shit to you just because they feel like they have better twink gear or whatever.

border

Yeah, the top 2 Ally guilds on my server have killed some stuff in BT/Mount Hyjal and that's it. Top Horde guild is attempting Kael. But beyond that, no guilds have seen any significant progress in at least a month. Imagine how bad things would be if they hadn't removed attunement for SSC....

Apathy seems to be creeping over the playerbase, and while I'm sure some will complain that WotLK shouldn't have been announced so early I think the problem is that SSC shouldn't have sucked quite so hard.

firex

I wouldn't really know how the 25 man stuff is, since all the TBC raiding I did was kara, and that was actually kind of fun. But it's hard for me to want to raid after the crappy experiences I had pre-TBC. The only fun I really had there was cracking jokes in raid chat...

Ramirez said:
You're on the right pace, Terrokar should take you close to level 65, before moving on to Nagrand.

Just finished Terrokar. Only half way through 64 =[ I feel so under leveled for my zone progress. Off to Nagrand I guess.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Im only a lvl 52 hunter but im starting to think about lvl 60 rapidly approaching.. Should i even bother with the first tier 3 armors? I've got a feeling that its something i wont be wearing for long with outland gear and tier 4+

Unless im gravely mistaken and i'll be wearing crypstalker or worse armor for months and months.

firex

I was like 64 or so when I left Terokkar for Nagrand. You'll be fine at that level and you should be able to hit like 66 or 67. It's a shame you can't really do instances due to bad population, though, cause I did tons of those on my pally when I was leveling him (and on my lock, which is why I was 63 before I finished Hellfire) and I swear those are the easiest/fastest way to level.

edit: There is no, and I mean no reason to go through and get the old pre-TBC raid gear. tier 3 is the only stuff that lasts and it's an insane grind just to get attuned without spending 100g or more for the friendly/honored mats, plus then you have to get tradeskill stuff that nobody wants to waste their time making just to turn in for tier 3 gear.

Just head to outland, get the hellfire greens that are as good/better than tier 1, and the hellfire blues that are definitely better, and keep on going. All old pre-TBC purples will do is make it so you can hit 63-65 without upgrading... which isn't a big deal since you get enough nice quest rewards in outland anyway.

firex said:
I was like 64 or so when I left Terokkar for Nagrand. You'll be fine at that level and you should be able to hit like 66 or 67. It's a shame you can't really do instances due to bad population, though, cause I did tons of those on my pally when I was leveling him (and on my lock, which is why I was 63 before I finished Hellfire) and I swear those are the easiest/fastest way to level.

edit: There is no, and I mean no reason to go through and get the old pre-TBC raid gear. tier 3 is the only stuff that lasts and it's an insane grind just to get attuned without spending 100g or more for the friendly/honored mats, plus then you have to get tradeskill stuff that nobody wants to waste their time making just to turn in for tier 3 gear.

Just head to outland, get the hellfire greens that are as good/better than tier 1, and the hellfire blues that are definitely better, and keep on going. All old pre-TBC purples will do is make it so you can hit 63-65 without upgrading... which isn't a big deal since you get enough nice quest rewards in outland anyway.

Yeah on my realm which is Demon Soul we really lack any tanks or healers. I've been looking for a group for days now to just finish a blood furnace quest but no one can ever find a healer and\or tank -_- We have plenty of everything else though. This is actually my second toon to go to 70. My first had tons and tons of rested xp though so he was 65 when leaving zangarmarsh.. so this time at normal xp is quite a different challenge :(

firex said:
Kilrogg (where I originally started out) was pretty far along, but it's one of the original servers. The top guilds have cleared some stuff in BT and Hyjal, maybe even everything (though I kind of doubt it). Then there's a huge dropoff after that. Most people do arenas instead for their purples. The server is full of poopsockers and other elitists who don't realize how retarded they really are, though.

Rexxar (where I transferred my paladin and warlock to) is way worse off as far as progression goes, but that just means it's still fun if you aren't a catass. I think the best guilds have basically killed some stuff in SSC and TK and that's it. I know the best horde guild had Vashj killed... and unlike nearly every other server in existence, the horde presence on Rexxar is a lot better (even at high levels) than the alliance. The only real exception is world pvp stuff, but that's just because most of the people know it's meaningless. When a guild is raiding in a zone with pvp objectives, though, they absolutely fucking demolish any alliance trying to take the objectives.

Also, the best guilds on Rexxar aren't complete dicks to people who don't have the same time/gear that they do. Meanwhile on Kilrogg, random people who are unguilded will talk shit to you just because they feel like they have better twink gear or whatever.

Bloodscalp I don't get; we're middle of the pack progression-wise, yet we've got tons of folks transferring TO us. Only a few leaving for more progressed servers, and the majority of those are after top-tier battlegroups. Not bad considering many of those below us are new servers full of reroll locusts and eroded low pop servers.

Resurgence Theory beat Kael 2 weeks ago, and promptly started handing vast swaths of BT and Hyjal bosses their asses. We've got 2 on Kael, 2 (including my guild) on Vashj, 2 more going thru the middle of tier 5, 2 more at the beginning, then there's the massive drop off.

firex

when I think about it, there's probably a Rexxar horde guild that's downed Kael. I think that's probably the utmost in terms of progression on that server, though.

Oh, and for some reason Rexxar is pretty populated, too. I think it's that they're in a decent battlegroup - mostly new-ish servers (like, not the new servers created when TBC launched, but servers created a few months before that) and it's basically good enough for people to get in and have fun pvping without having to get absolute top gear. The only real knock I could ever have on Rexxar is the average pug I did for an instance was worse than on Kilrogg, but not by that much. And I'd rather take players that aren't perfect, but are good enough (and not assholes) vs. Kilrogg's seriously annoying playerbase now, yet they're better players. Not that it really matters for me either way - I just play whichever server my friends on both are on at the moment. Lately that's been Kilrogg, and since we're just basically 2/3 person grinding quests the asshat random players haven't been a big deal.

Uh, anyway, I think arenas did a lot to kill the raiding desire for most players... and understandably so. The majority of WoW plays a dps class of some sort, and nearly everyone likes a dps spec if they're a hybrid or something. Then add in that raid gear doesn't mean much for pvp anymore (aside from epic weapons obviously having bigger dps than blues) and IMO one of the biggest desires among most people to raid (get gear so they look cool and own in pvp) goes away since they need resilience to be a good pvper, and the gear looks just as, if not more, cool than the raid sets they're a palette swap from.

Anyone know best way to farm consortium rep? I can't decide between just grinding Zaxxis fools, grinding ugly ogres, and grinding the etheral dudes south of Ultris for Jailor respawns. Zaxxis gets two rep piece drops, although its kinda tedious. Ogres gives Maghar rep and are incredibly easy and fast to grind. Jailors give a gauranteed +250 plus alot more rares and such.

Shame I can't just run Heroic Mana Tombs over and over again.

Son of Godzilla said:
Anyone know best way to farm consortium rep? I can't decide between just grinding Zaxxis fools, grinding ugly ogres, and grinding the etheral dudes south of Ultris for Jailor respawns. Zaxxis gets two rep piece drops, although its kinda tedious. Ogres gives Maghar rep and are incredibly easy and fast to grind. Jailors give a gauranteed +250 plus alot more rares and such.

Shame I can't just run Heroic Mana Tombs over and over again.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom