• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasimirobot

I have a Undead priest at lvl 10 now. I picked herbalism as my first skill. What is something fun I should do now? kill 10 wolves etc...quests are getting kinda old...

Hero

sasimirobot said:
I have a Undead priest at lvl 10 now. I picked herbalism as my first skill. What is something fun I should do now? kill 10 wolves etc...quests are getting kinda old...

If you can't stand the quests already then just quit the game. It really doesn't change too much between now and 70.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Hero has got it about right. But from a Priest perspective, put your talents into Shadow. Leveling a Shadow Priest was very very fun merely because there should be absolutely no reason why you die or have downtime with your mana rate.

I havent posted in this thread in forever really... I'm in a pretty casual guild, 2 25-man raids a week. It works out great for me, just enough raiding to keep me busy. Our server is realllllly behind progression wise, so there isnt much of a race.

I love the game, but might quit before the xpac. Gonna grab the two 1 handers for my fury set next week, and then start saving up 5k before season 3, and maybe sell the toon.

armory here:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gilneas&n=Aliventhia

Actually had a great night of arenas last night, and we are currently 8th in our battlegroup now.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
My guild downed Gurtogg Bloodboil last night and that's probably the most intensive fight in terms of healing and "wtf moments". It's a shame that there are ALOT of guilds cockblocked by progression due to Kael'thas and won't see Hyjal/BT for several weeks/months. It seems as if plenty of guilds are dying...several new apps signed up for my current guild due to their guild making little progression on KT for nearly a month. I have to admit, KT is the best encounter in Burning Crusade so far that makes you appreciate raiding...legendary weapons, nice cutscene, and make sure everyone knows how to play their class.

Also...FIX ARMORY BLIZZARD!!
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Loomies
Last Updated: August 14, 2007 :lol :lol

Hero

So, there was a huge General Forum thread on the WoW official forums where somebody called out Kalgan about warlocks and somehow the subject got derailed into him saying that the mace stun proc for warriors was going to get nerfed.

Thank goodness, it's so annoying to get beat by scrub warriors with Skillherald or the other weapons.

fallout

Hero said:
If you can't stand the quests already then just quit the game. It really doesn't change too much between now and 70.
Yep.

The only thing that might pique your interest is group play. I found WoW rather boring until I was playing with RL friends.

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
So, there was a huge General Forum thread on the WoW official forums where somebody called out Kalgan about warlocks and somehow the subject got derailed into him saying that the mace stun proc for warriors was going to get nerfed.

Thank goodness, it's so annoying to get beat by scrub warriors with Skillherald or the other weapons.

the most scrub friendly class in wow is rogues (edit i'll allow hunters to be included in the discussion :D)

warriors with axes and swords dont have problems with rogues either, maces just make it easier, and its high comedy stunlocking a rogue 100% to dead, and then him bitching to you in tells in arena

bitter tears dude

if this was on the WOW forums this post would be spawn a legion of QQ posts

Wow it's been a long time since I hit up this thread! :D

Anyways, i've recently returned to the game and was wondering

A) what's a good place to get some mods (yeah know, the ones without keyloggers)
B) what are some essential mods for someone that does group-heavy play?

I only know of KLH Threat meters (?) which apparently everyone in WoW has... anything else?

Hero

yacobod said:
the most scrub friendly class in wow is rogues (edit i'll allow hunters to be included in the discussion :D)

warriors with axes and swords dont have problems with rogues either, maces just make it easier, and its high comedy stunlocking a rogue 100% to dead, and then him bitching to you in tells in arena

bitter tears dude

if this was on the WOW forums this post would be spawn a legion of QQ posts

The most scrub friendly class is the hunter by far. Rogues aren't far behind, but you can tell when you're fighting a bad rogue. To make the class effective you have to be somewhat skilled.

Sadly at the moment all a warrior really needs to dominate in arena's is an epic crafted 2hander and a paladin to healbot him. There's nothing skillful in charging/intercepting , clicking hamstring, then spamming MS (or alternatively, hamstring to increase chances of mace stun procs). I guess you can toss a rend in there for shits and giggles.

Draft

Outdoor Miner said:
Wow it's been a long time since I hit up this thread! :D

Anyways, i've recently returned to the game and was wondering

A) what's a good place to get some mods (yeah know, the ones without keyloggers)
B) what are some essential mods for someone that does group-heavy play?

I only know of KLH Threat meters (?) which apparently everyone in WoW has... anything else?
www.wowace.com

Everyone who's anyone has dumped KTM and moved onto Omen.

I consider Pitbull, Omen and recount indispensable raiding mods.

Hero

I got that Pitbull mod, and it's kind of overwhelming since I've never used a unit frame mod before.

Something I can't figure out is how to make it so that my target's debuffs are larger in size and not so way out to the right. How do I change it?

You guys have lost the forest for the trees. Warlocks are the most scrub friendly class by far.

Anyways, I'm at 136 days /played. Under 12 at lvl 70, I'd guess somewhere around 80 or so at 60.

yacobod

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
You guys have lost the forest for the trees. Warlocks are the most scrub friendly class by far.

Anyways, I'm at 136 days /played. Under 12 at lvl 70, I'd guess somewhere around 80 or so at 60.

i'm sorry but hunters + rogues have to be above warlocks

lvling a hunter is about the easiest thing you can do (i had a 70 hunter), spec BM, i think you could get away playing with 1 keybind as a hunter and still lvl easily, create a macro for petattack and autoshot, and go watch tv

for rogues going combat swords ------> SS, SS, SS, SS, Evis, rinse and repeat, go go go 2 keybinds

while locks are FOTM, i dont think they are as simple as the above 2 cases

Son of Godzilla said:

Hunters/Rogues by far. Warlocks like Druids are among the most complicated IMO. Sure you're getting a surge of locks since they have become FOTM, but they are not an easy class to play.

explodet

Just got 4 pieces of Tier 4 on my mage - all except the robe. I won't be getting that for a while as we turn into a bunch of noobs fighting Magtheridon, and my dkp is in the sewers. The 4-piece set bonus isn't much, but as an elementalist with both Blast Wave and Ice Block, it's not useless.

And warlocks are fun. I grabbed shadowcloth tailoring and did some cloth/primal grinding for a while and I got some easy epics. Maybe not the easiest class, but you can do some crazy things with them.

fallout

Someone once told me that they thought the Shaman class was complicated after watching me play it. I had no fucking clue what they were talking about. You drop totems and shock people ... there's really not that much to it.

ManaByte

wow-bc.jpg

yacobod said:
i'm sorry but hunters + rogues have to be above warlocks

lvling a hunter is about the easiest thing you can do (i had a 70 hunter), spec BM, i think you could get away playing with 1 keybind as a hunter and still lvl easily, create a macro for petattack and autoshot, and go watch tv

for rogues going combat swords ------> SS, SS, SS, SS, Evis, rinse and repeat, go go go 2 keybinds

while locks are FOTM, i dont think they are as simple as the above 2 cases

krypt0nian said:
Hunters/Rogues by far. Warlocks like Druids are among the most complicated IMO. Sure you're getting a surge of locks since they have become FOTM, but they are not an easy class to play.

I disagree completely. Of course hunters can afk grind till the cows come home and rogues can pump out single target dps while asleep, but I meant actually doing something in pvp. They are easy classes to play, sure, but the average scrub will be an incredibly weak threat with either. Rogues are heinously squishy and a relatively easy to avoid/control while hunters are dependant on awkward cc and crippled by los/snares. Neither are particularly satisfying for a moron to play as.

Meanwhile anyone can roll a lock, fear/drain grind to 70 faster than pretty much any class, and be incredibly capable in pvp with very little investment. An idiot lock is a much bigger threat to anyone than an idiot playing any other class, hence scrub friendly.

SyNapSe

The Oh Shit moment

I had joined the queue for SP while doing some quests in Zangar. It threw me in a group after a while, and they were already waiting by the instance entrance. I got inside buffed, and drank. We kill a few mobs... then I noticed all of their guild names :lol The group broke up at the first boss, no surprise.

This guy has a great setup. I was meeting him for an enchant.

ManaByte

krypt0nian said:
Cool Battlechest. Please no exclusive content in that, OK?

I'm buying it. I was going to set up a second account for my wife next week, but I don't have a second copy of BC. Since BC and the Battle Chest are both $40 I'll just wait to October to have the DVD version.

ManaByte said:
I'm buying it. I was going to set up a second account for my wife next week, but I don't have a second copy of BC. Since BC and the Battle Chest are both $40 I'll just wait to October to have the DVD version.

I am secretly hoping for a new pet in it. Don't tell anyone.

Tamanon

Banned
It's actually a good price too. $39.99 for both game and expansion and it looks like the strat guides.

BTW, new Caverns of Time dungeon in expansion revealed. Stratholme, a level 80 dungeon:)

speedpop

That "time pocket" thing was absolute rubbish. I mean if it didn't require the bullshit attunement quests, and it was merely just a enter and have fun instance then I can understand the idea of it being a time pocket.. but it isn't, therefore creating that entire run meaningless in a story.

And then Drysc going on about how Caverns of Time is a mysterious place and all that junk. Come on for fucks sake. That's like an insurance company saying that they aren't liable for acts of god; "if it floods you're screwed, don't ask me why it does it."

sasimirobot

tech question:

what would be the cheapest setup(video card, etc...) to run WOW with full resolution and all effects with 60fps.

I'm tired of the choppyness

I got a free month on my account. I got my Draenei Shaman from 64 to 66 in two days but I've been so busy getting ready for school and rounding out work, seeing the girlfriend, playing The Darkness, Bioshock, Gears multiplayer and now the CoD4 Beta I'm not sure if I'll have time for my Shaman to hit 70 before my account runs out again. Oh well no big.

You guys see that the new Caverns of Time event that they're adding in Wrath of the Lich King is he "Culling of Stratholme"? You'll fight alongside Arthas as he goes around and purges Stratholme of the Undead. Is that the mission in WarCraft 3 when you're killing the citizens who ate that bad grain? Think it might be. And you're racing Tichondrius I think. Not sure.

speedpop

sasimirobot said:
tech question:

what would be the cheapest setup(video card, etc...) to run WOW with full resolution and all effects with 60fps.

I'm tired of the choppyness
It's not the video card that should be a problem. I was running WoW with full details at 1280 x 1024 res on an el cheapo GeForce 6600 GT. It's more about having 1gb ram or more for it really. 1gb is smooth as butter and gets a little choppy when you fly into a city or what-have-you when it first loads everything.. but after a few seconds of running half blind everything goes fine.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.p...e122689a6866d&topic=750.msg7634;topicseen#new

Nexus
In the Borean Tundra (2nd starting zone with Howling Fjord) will be the Nexus. This is where you will find the blue dragons splitted between 3 instances :

* A level 70-71, 5 players instance (Ice Caverns).
* A level 80 instance that let you fight on big magical rings that float above the grounds (o_O)
* A rift in the sky where you will be able to fight Malygos with a 25 person raid. (Like Gruul or Onyxia, it will be a short raid)

Dustwallow Marsh
A new goblin town will be added to Dustwallow Marsh with new quests.

Faster leveling
In a future patch (before the expansion), levels 20 to 60 will have the experience required per-level reduced and quests will yield 30% more experience.

Heroic Badges
As long with the tons of new items added to the heroic badge vendor in 2.3, they're considering the possibility to add armor sets as heroic badges rewards.

Utgarde Keep
The first dungeon of WotLK will have two wings. The first one being Utgarde Keep, a level 70 instance for 5 players. The second one is Utgarde Pinnacle, this one will be level 80 for 5 players. Both instances will have heroic modes.

Inscription profession
They don't want a profession to just do spell improvements like +100 damage, instead they want it to be something that let you increase the radius of your frost nova, or increase the root timer of the spell, etc ...

Hunters

* Hunters may get a "woodworking" profession in the future, to let them create arrows. (But it will be released much later, don't expect it for WotLK)

* They're trying to improve the desirability of hunters in arenas, one of the idea is to give them a mortal strike-like shot that reduces the healing effectiveness on the target.

Ramirez

Good news about faster leveling, since I'm sellin off all my chars, that would be nice if I ever decide to come back for the expansion.

speedpop

Thank fuck for faster levelling. I've got a dozen toons in the 30-range just waiting to be raced through to 60 but the daunting task of doing it atm is just too much.

Alex

I would say in terms of PvP difficulty, Hunter is one the MOST difficult, not the least. :p I'm not talking about the irrelevant BG system where no one helps each other, it's total zerg and everyone has free reign to stand at 41 yards. I'm talking about in high end arenas, a great Hunter, which are rare as fuck, can make a massive difference.

Hunters claim they're busted in arenas, they're not, top team had a damn Hunter, but playing it well is absurdly difficult, kiting around a whole team perfectly while doing multiple jobs at once. Only thing that is as skillful in BC PVP, IMO, is still frost mage.

Rogues are just terrible now, I haven't seen one in an arena in a month, month in a half. There's really little reason to bring one sadly. They need some definite arena help.

I play Paladin exclusively for PvP, and I'm starting to feel kind of crap in upper tier arenas, personally. Hit 2100 last week (although I can see it falling back to around 2kish :(), and the Holy Priests at that stage are just incredible. Its insane what a Holy Priest with 400 resilience can reduce a Warrior to, or the utility they bring in general. Bubble dominates trash ratings, but you don't feel quite as kinetic later on

If I had the patience to gear my Priest, I'd swap over, but for now I'm waiting till the expansion then I'll just entirely ditch my Paladin. Paladin is a very boring, skilless, one dimensional class that will likely never improve. After a year and a half with it, I'm ready to move on

I'll tell you one thing I see a lot of in my battlegroup in upper arenas: kickass Elemental Shaman. Those fuckers can really devastate, GREAT utility, durable, gigantic damage.

I don't think we'll go any farther, I'd like to hit the top ranks, we have the talent for it, but not the class diversity. If we had a Priest (cry) we'd do much better!

Also, raiding in TBC sucks shit. I liked Karazhan, SSC and TK are terrible, terrible places. Got 3/4ths of the way done with SSC before I just said fuck it, I don't wanna play anymore.

Naxx was worth the 15 hours a week I could commit to raiding. This is not, so more free time for me to do more meaningful things anyway. :p

Eric P

i always get bored around the upper 30 range

i have never gotten one higher than 45 because i just get bored with it.

right now i've got a 36 dran shm. i'm in a guild that's all alts, so i'm usually alone when i try to do stuff so that's really not helping the boredom this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom