• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Those WSG changes suck. A WSG game should last no longer than 20 minutes.
It's freaking CTF, it is supposed to be a fast game.
Why can't they just put a damned time limit on it.
WSG isn't only bad only for honor farming, it is also bad in the fun department when games last so long, and these changes wont shorten the games all that much.
Meh to them.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Ramirez said:
Well when your guild is made up of about 10 RL friends or WoW friends going on 3 years+, you don't want to boot people for randoms. :p
get THEM to roll a priest or roll one your self :)

firex

I would make the flag debuffs like Hero's suggestion, only it'd cap out after 2 minutes. So every stack of the debuff would go up every 30 seconds... and it would start out at 20% increased damage taken.

anyway I'm pissed at Blizzard right now and it has nothing to do with 2.4. It's my last day for a few weeks before I renew my account and I really wanted to get my shaman to 67 or 68, but my server is fucked up and I can't log into it.

Tamanon

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Man that legendary bow is so bogus. Make crucial changes to the hunter class? NO, SCREW THAT! Let's put some petty functionality changes that they've longed for on weapons they'll ditch in a couple months. Fucking Illidan's Bow 2.0.

Not to mention how gimp the bow is in general. That's actually weaker than Black Bow + Timeless. Oh and it's 3.0 speed, making it stupid for BM hunters.

All in all, I hope it's fucking fake.

The only thing that might change it is that the arrows it create might be dps-altering, not just empty.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ramirez said:
Well when your guild is made up of about 10 RL friends or WoW friends going on 3 years+, you don't want to boot people for randoms. :p

Then make someone roll and level up a priest.

firex

yay. got to level 67 and did enough of the lunar festival to be satisfied before logging out for what's going to be a nice little vacation from the game. As fun as it was, part of it was the sense of urgency from my account expiring soon. by the time I renew I should have the itch again and then I can get those last 3 levels.

ManaByte

Gold Member
So I just got kicked out of my guild for referring to the gold farmers as "China Farmers". Apparently a Chinese bitch in the guild got all butthurt about it and complained TO THE GMS who then went to the guild leader who booted me for racism. WHAT THE FUCK?

If people have a problem with the geographic location of the farmers in China, they have bigger problems than someone mentioning it in WoW.

Tamanon

Banned
ManaByte said:
So I just got kicked out of my guild for referring to the gold farmers as "China Farmers". Apparently a Chinese bitch in the guild got all butthurt about it and complained TO THE GMS who then went to the guild leader who booted me for racism. WHAT THE FUCK?

If people have a problem with the geographic location of the farmers in China, they have bigger problems than someone mentioning it in WoW.

Sounds like a shitty guild if the guildleader didn't even discuss things with you first.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Tamanon said:
Sounds like a shitty guild if the guildleader didn't even discuss things with you first.

He said "We have a lot of Chinese players in the guild, and that offends them."

Booted me then.

So I guess their guild supports gold farming.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. My girlfriend is of chinese ethnicity and even she joked around with the guild we were in about the whole thing.

Some people just need to fucking relax I think.

The Lamonster said:
So is this game all screwed up for anyone else? I'm stuck at the character selection screen...
Yeah, got a bunch of Internal Bag Error msgs, got the boot, now I'm at the character selection screen but my characters aren't coming up.

border said:
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/february/timbalfocusing.jpg

Holy crap -- it's the ultimate Affliction Warlock trinket! Chance for +285-475 damage everytime a DoT ticks.....with no limit on how frequently the effect can occur. That's gonna be awesome, at least until they nerf it :)
There's no chance in hell that doesn't have an internal cooldown. Every single Chance effect has one, why wouldn't this? If it's something like 40 seconds which is normal for these trinkets that's about 10 dps and roughly equivelant to +30 spell dmg.

firex

I can't think of many chance on hit trinkets with a cooldown listed, but there are plenty of effect trinkets that proc after killing a mob with an internal cooldown that's mentioned. I'm positive this has one of those cooldowns, though.

anyway, all the new crafted stuff looks awesome, and most of it doesn't even require the retarded 25 man raid's drops (and if it does, it's boe). Also the heroic mode drops from the new 5 man look pretty good, even if they aren't as good as arena stuff. Seems like you could easily gear up for pve after 2.4 if you don't want to pvp, and don't want to raid.

edit: that DoT trinket probably has a cooldown like HoJ does, where it isn't listed but it won't proc extra attacks more than every 10 seconds or so.

border

I just mailed an item to one of my characters, then mailed that same item to another of my characters. But it never arrived at the final destination. Is this a known glitch or did my item just disappear altogether now? Maybe you can't mail character-to-character on the same account more than once an hour?

I got my BE rogue to 70 tonight. I had like 3k so I went ahead and got my flying skill and mount. Then I went and got me the Gladiator's quickblade with some honor I had saved up since I am sword spec and didn't even have an offhand sword. I was using a dagger for about 5 levels.

Oh and I barely touched Blade's Edge mountains. I got to 70 with 4 zones and have 3 nearly untouched ones to just get money from questing.

I'm really dreading trying to get exalted with the Scryers though. It just does not sound appealing at all. I want the shoulder enchant though. I guess my next goal is to get the Gladiator's main hand and then keep on questing to get my epic flying mount.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Son of Godzilla said:
There's no chance in hell that doesn't have an internal cooldown. Every single Chance effect has one, why wouldn't this? If it's something like 40 seconds which is normal for these trinkets that's about 10 dps and roughly equivelant to +30 spell dmg.
rather than knowing what the cooldown is, i'd rather know what the chance is. why do they always leave it ambiguous and just say "there is a chance" rather than actually giving us a %

firex said:
I can't think of many chance on hit trinkets with a cooldown listed, but there are plenty of effect trinkets that proc after killing a mob with an internal cooldown that's mentioned. I'm positive this has one of those cooldowns, though.

anyway, all the new crafted stuff looks awesome, and most of it doesn't even require the retarded 25 man raid's drops (and if it does, it's boe). Also the heroic mode drops from the new 5 man look pretty good, even if they aren't as good as arena stuff. Seems like you could easily gear up for pve after 2.4 if you don't want to pvp, and don't want to raid.

I was thinking more about stuff like Tsunami Talisman and DST, no cooldown listed but they both definitely exist. And I'm a bit down about all those BoE recipes coming from Sunwell. Sure, it's just an extension of the T5 stuff, and finally putting in better trade items IS a good thing, it just feels kinda hollow that there's yet another thing for raid guilds to pawn off on others. The increased demand for raid gems and crafting mats should have been enough, but now people have to fork up cash for fucking T2 engie goggles? That aren't anywhere close to huge upgrades over the originals? Meh.

I'm really dreading trying to get exalted with the Scryers though. It just does not sound appealing at all. I want the shoulder enchant though. I guess my next goal is to get the Gladiator's main hand and then keep on questing to get my epic flying mount.

Just buy your way to exalted. If you watch AH prices sharply it shouldn't cost more than ~250g,

firex

I didn't see any sunmotes listed on the tier 2 goggle recipes, actually. Those all seemed pretty easy, although I guess the recipes only drop off trash around the new zone or somewhere in it. I'm hoping those are "deflated" drop rates that only show up for engineers though like all the bop jewelcrafter ring/amulet recipes.

I'm also hoping that sunmotes are boe items themselves, because looking at the vendor gear that takes sunmotes (and probably heroic badges) to buy, it doesn't look any better than what drops out of BT/Hyjal, and I was under the impression this stuff was added for people who don't/can't raid and still want to progress with gearing up their characters. It's still retarded like Nether Vortexes, but as long as they can be traded/sold it's going to be less retarded until eventually blizzard goes away from having crafting mats drop in 25 man raids exclusively and puts it either in 10 mans or heroic instances too.

Icy

Banned
Sunmotes drop pretty quickly from the trash. They are blue and not soul bound currently. I think the drop rate may change a little and may go BoP once live. Blizzard has done this in the past for testing purposes.

bengraven

Oni Link 666 said:
I got my BE rogue to 70 tonight. I had like 3k so I went ahead and got my flying skill and mount. Then I went and got me the Gladiator's quickblade with some honor I had saved up since I am sword spec and didn't even have an offhand sword. I was using a dagger for about 5 levels.

Oh and I barely touched Blade's Edge mountains. I got to 70 with 4 zones and have 3 nearly untouched ones to just get money from questing.

Yeah, I started trying to get exalted pre-70 because some of their gear is so fucking amazing (though not as nice as the PvP gear) for my tank. Now that I'm 70 and see how far I have to go to get this done and it makes me kind of sick. Thinking of even buying those Sunfury Signets.

Couldn't afford the flying mount Saturday night when I dinged, though the girlfriend has like 1300g from selling those alchemy flasks. She dinged literally two minutes after me and now she's waiting until we get enough for two mounts. Aw.

bengraven said:
Yeah, I started trying to get exalted pre-70 because some of their gear is so fucking amazing (though not as nice as the PvP gear) for my tank. Now that I'm 70 and see how far I have to go to get this done and it makes me kind of sick. Thinking of even buying those Sunfury Signets.

I don't think I'll buy them. Scryers stuff is like 4x the price of Aldor stuff on the Horde side on my server. I'd be missing out on all the money I'd be making killing BEs in Shadowmoon which I need anyway. I found a Darkmoon Fair card there the other day while doing the quest to get 10 Sunfure Signets.

bengraven

Oni Link 666 said:
I don't think I'll buy them. Scryers stuff is like 4x the price of Aldor stuff on the Horde side on my server. I'd be missing out on all the money I'd be making killing BEs in Shadowmoon which I need anyway. I found a Darkmoon Fair card there the other day while doing the quest to get 10 Sunfure Signets.

Word. Good point. I think there are more BEs in NS than SMV though aren't there?

And yeah, you can't even trade Sunfury stuff for Sargeras/Kiljaedon stuff. No one but a friend of mine chose Aldor on my Horde side.

bengraven said:
Word. Good point. I think there are more BEs in NS than SMV though aren't there?

And yeah, you can't even trade Sunfury stuff for Sargeras/Kiljaedon stuff. No one but a friend of mine chose Aldor on my Horde side.
There's road in SMV that's littered with lvl 67 Belfs that just die instantly to any class with any sort of dps. You can literally walk up it, killing an elf every 10-15 seconds, and have it be respawned by the time you get done with it. Ridiculously good farming spot. *Much* better than anything in NS.

bengraven

Son of Godzilla said:
There's road in SMV that's littered with lvl 67 Belfs that just die instantly to any class with any sort of dps. You can literally walk up it, killing an elf every 10-15 seconds, and have it be respawned by the time you get done with it. Ridiculously good farming spot. *Much* better than anything in NS.

You're my hero. Seriously.

The casters in NS are ripping my warrior apart as if he was only wearing paper towels instead of plate armor.

yacobod

Banned
idk those caster mobs should go down faster than paris hilton in a locker room

i dont see how you are taking a lot of dmg with mace stuns, pummels, and intercept stuns

bengraven

yacobod said:
idk those caster mobs should go down faster than paris hilton in a locker room

i dont see how you are taking a lot of dmg with mace stuns, pummels, and intercept stuns

Honestly, it's my fault that I'm not as familiar with Berserker mode. I got to 70 almost exclusively playing Battle Stance.

Also, regardless, 3 or 4 of those elves in NS aggro the second one of their people get hit.

yacobod

Banned
bengraven said:
Honestly, it's my fault that I'm not as familiar with Berserker mode. I got to 70 almost exclusively playing Battle Stance.

here's an analogy how my warrior can farm netherstorm manaforges

my warrior is like Rambo, the BEs are like Burma :lol

ya but seriously, you should get familiar with all 3 stances as you play your warrior, honestly you should be primarily in berserker stance when dpsing or pvping, i would only swap to battle stance for overpowers and the such

switch to defensive for the occasional disarm if you need it, or if you cant pummel a cast, you can always go sword and board for a quick spell reflect

warrior is pretty simple to play once you get the basics down, but ya stance dancing is key

bengraven

Stance Dance was something I was never taught. For the most part, I've been going it alone, teaching myself as I move along. So many tutorials in WoW are either expecting you to know every tiny bit of lingo or just being completely arrogant and it gets under my nerves.

* Blizzard you owe raiders, litteraly. | 02/11/2008 01:34:48 PM CST

In the case of my guild - and I'll give ou a discount and start counting from when we killed Illidan ( even tough I really should count since the day we killed Azgalore / Mother Shahraz):

December 4th. Since you are now both unlocking BT / Hyjal to everyone and increasing amount of tokens dropped by 1 per boss - you owe my guild:

11 weeks of fully clearing bosses that drop tokens, thats 5 bosses multiplied by 11 raid weeks one extra piece of Set Token per boss = you owe <Reckless Ambition> 55 T6 Set pieces.
Note, this is a running total since 2.4 isn't out yet, so this total will keep going up by 5 per week up to the release of 2.4

How should we go about collecting that?

Build a time machine and use your tears to fuel it.

Perfection. :lol

Icy

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Perfection. :lol

haha. It won't happen. But really Blizzard really knows how to screw the hard core raiders and also any purpose to it with their welfare epic system and gear/content reset on expansions.

border

Icy said:
haha. It won't happen. But really Blizzard really knows how to screw the hard core raiders and also any purpose to it with their welfare epic system and gear/content reset on expansions.
If the little whiny bitches haven't learned their lesson by now, then fuck 'em. BC should have been a clue to anyone with an IQ in the triple digits. The removal of attunements for SSC/TK should have spelled things out even more clearly. Blizzard will make content more accessible once the bleeding edge people have finished it. If you are raiding for gear, you've been playing the wrong game for about 14 months now. No gear is going to last forever, and eventually more casual players will get epic items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom