• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
my paid time just expired... and i had just started an orc warrior. it was so much fun i'm not sure if i should sign up again, or take a break from WoW as I intended.

what made the warrior so fun was Clefthide Leg Armor on lvl 8 green pants which pretty much made my warrior invincible at that level with 30 stamina.

what also made it fun was the Iron Counterweight on a two handed axe with a 3.2 seconds speed which makes it swing for 2.1 seconds.

leveling up has never been so easy!

can anyone recommend really good twink items/enchants that i can use as my character levels up. at some point that counterweight isn't going to be much use.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Question:

Does anyone know some of the intricacies with WoW? Basically I am wondering how do instances work? Where are you actually being teleported to? I've used a location generator mod before and it clearly tells me my coords when in an instance.

But when 500 groups are in their own instance, where are they? There aren't multiple of the same map. I know it generates it "for you" but how could that work from the staff's perspective.

Ret pallies are finally getting a buff (atleast their S1,2 gear is). Never thought i'd see the day. I'm sure everyone will bitch and we'll get shit canned again.

Tamanon

Banned
vumpler said:
Question:

Does anyone know some of the intricacies with WoW? Basically I am wondering how do instances work? Where are you actually being teleported to? I've used a location generator mod before and it clearly tells me my coords when in an instance.

But when 500 groups are in their own instance, where are they? There aren't multiple of the same map. I know it generates it "for you" but how could that work from the staff's perspective.

Basically instances are designed so that it's like your own private server for your group/raid. Just like every body on different servers is separate. That's why you see a load time.

=W=

i don't have a pally, so i'm not entirely sure, but isn't turn undead completely worthless in pvp? that note just seems silly.

bengraven

=W= said:
i don't have a pally, so i'm not entirely sure, but isn't turn undead completely worthless in pvp? that note just seems silly.

Forsaken are not considered Undead in regards to pallies.

=W= said:

well the change to include demons in the ability would allow the pally to fear warlock pets away. Not a big deal really.

firex

well, I'm glad those supposed changes are confirmed false since they were horrible for shamans. If they were real they'd basically fuck over elemental and resto shamans.

PatzCU

=W= said:

I can be used on Warlock pets, which would help in the ownage of SL/SL Locks.

xabre

Banned
What's the best base jump location in the game? I figure it's the highest peaks in Blades Edge Mountains overlooking the valley below. It's great as a Druid, you jump off and plummet for a good 15 secs or so and hit flight form just before you hit the ground.

Twig

Banned
Our goal is to keep the gameplay very similar while breaking turtle-stalemates and excessive flag kiting.
Hell yes. Here's hoping it's something along the lines of both flags returning to the base after five minutes of one person holding the flag without capping. Of course, now that I think about it, that could still be avoided by people dropping the flag and having someone else pick it up.

Maybe five minutes of BOTH flags being out of the base. Five minutes should be plenty of time if no one's turtling.

Eh, whatever, I'll see what it is soon enough.

border

I prefer a stacking debuff on the flag carrier, that impairs movement speed and healing the longer the flag has been away from its base.

Automatically returning the flag is too unfair. The side that grabs it first gets screwed over in a turtle situation.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Cap7ain Blood said:
hey guys i just started a WoW account and i was wondering if there are any Gaf guilds that accept low levels that are new to the game.
Try rolling a character on Ghostlands. It's a new server (albeit it was taking transfers for a week) but character creation is open.

I'm sure there are hundreds of people rolling new toons on it now.

Lain

I'd love it if they put a time limit of 10 (20 tops) minutes after which the game ends.
This would also help with 2.4 honor changes, since I can already see people ignoring the BG objectives to kill each other for honor points. The idiots do that now even tho it is useless, so after the patch it can only get worse imo.

border

Wait, what?

Spell Haste: Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities.

The only caster I ever had was an Affliction warlock, but I thought the GCD on pretty much all spells was 1 second?

speedpop said:
Try rolling a character on Ghostlands. It's a new server (albeit it was taking transfers for a week) but character creation is open.

I'm sure there are hundreds of people rolling new toons on it now.

Who in a month will disappear, never to be seen again! (They're called 'server locusts', Cap; they roll yet another character to savor that "oh so fresh new server smell", then once most have hit the level cap vamanos never to touch the server again. The economy and grouping/raiding situation slows, then collapses. Avoid)

Spell Haste: Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities.

It's like 1.5 seconds, actually. Oh, and ICE LANCE.

border

OH SHIT:

Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter Hyjal.
Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter the Black Temple.

Time for some massive QQ from hardcore raiders. I gotta say I called this months ago, when they revealed the ZA loot. Not that I was the only one saying it or anything, but it seemed pretty obvious that they wanted people to be able to gear up for any 25-man dungeon using 10-man content. I guess all people that whined "I'll never get to see Black Temple" can shut up now.

You may now fight Prince Kael’thas and Lady Vashj without first killing all the other bosses in their respective dungeons.

Pretty cool as well, though I suppose you'll have to clear out at least 1-2 bosses just so you don't have to suffer through trash after a wipe.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
border said:
OH SHIT:

Time for some massive QQ from hardcore raiders. I gotta say I called this months ago, when they revealed the ZA loot. Not that I was the only one saying it or anything, but it seemed pretty obvious that they wanted people to be able to gear up for any 25-man dungeon using 10-man content. I guess all people that whined "I'll never get to see Black Temple" can shut up now.

You may now fight Prince Kael’thas and Lady Vashj without first killing all the other bosses in their respective dungeons.

Pretty cool as well, though I suppose you'll have to clear out at least 1-2 bosses just so you don't have to suffer through trash after a wipe.

Also another thing is there will be BT loot quality from badges. Time to gear up my alts lol

ManaByte

border said:
OH SHIT:

Yet you still need attunement for MC, BWL, Nax, and Ony. Lawlz.

ManaByte

HOLY FLAMING BALLS OF STEAMING MONKEY SHIT!

Honor will now be instantly calculated, and available for player use.

No more waiting up until 2am just to buy PVP gear!

ManaByte

HOLY FLAMING BALLS OF STEAMING GORILLA SHIT WITH FLIES ON TOP!

# You may now fight Prince Kael’thas and Lady Vashj without first killing all the other bosses in their respective dungeons.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Small detail but

"There is now a UI option to display free bag space. When turned on, your backpack will display the total number of free spaces available in all your bags."

thats freaking nice

firex

I don't mind the shaman changes that much, although they slightly nerfed elemental with the call of thunder talent. but it's just 1% less spell crit, so nothing big enough to complain about compared to all the other shitty problems that tree has.

firex

I'm wondering how the earth shield changes will play out. It's either a mild buff, no real change, or a massive buff depending upon how it affects +healing and earth shield.

border

Hero said:
The WSG flag hold duration debuffs are still too long.
* When both flags are held, the flag carriers will receive 50% increased damage done to them after approximately 10 minutes and 100% increased damage after approximately 15 minutes.
* Flag carriers can now be tracked 45 seconds after picking up the flag.

Yeah, assuming that there is some full-on turtling, games would still take 30-45 minutes, which makes WSG a pretty bad proposition just for honor farming. Plus it seems unclear as to whether or not you can avoid the debuff just by handing the flag to someone else. I would prefer a debuff that increases damage after 5/10 minutes, and still continues even after someone new gets the flag from the flag carrier.

If flag carriers are tracked as soon as they pick it up, that might be pretty game-changing though. The biggest problem with hunting a flag carrier is that nobody knows whether they are going tunnel, ramp or graveyard. Now it'll be as easy as just hitting the M button.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
border said:
If flag carriers are tracked as soon as they pick it up, that might be pretty game-changing though.
i'd call that game ruining.

having a delay before they start getting tracked works well.

Hero

border said:
* When both flags are held, the flag carriers will receive 50% increased damage done to them after approximately 10 minutes and 100% increased damage after approximately 15 minutes.
* Flag carriers can now be tracked 45 seconds after picking up the flag.

Yeah, assuming that there is some full-on turtling, games would still take 30-45 minutes, which makes WSG a pretty bad proposition just for honor farming. Plus it seems unclear as to whether or not you can avoid the debuff just by handing the flag to someone else. I would prefer a debuff that increases damage after 5/10 minutes, and still continues even after someone new gets the flag from the flag carrier.

If flag carriers are tracked as soon as they pick it up, that might be pretty game-changing though. The biggest problem with hunting a flag carrier is that nobody knows whether they are going tunnel, ramp or graveyard. Now it'll be as easy as just hitting the M button.

I seriously don't know anybody who likes WSG. It's such a hit or miss. Sometimes games will last barely five minutes and I've seen games go for almost two hours. The honor per hour is just horrible. I realize that the diminishing returns on honorable kills is going away so that's nice but WSG needs to offer at least double the honor it is now.

With that said, I think something that needs to happen is more along the lines of:

As soon as the flag is initially picked up, the holder gets 10% extra damage done to them.
After a minute of the flag being not in its spawn point, the debuff goes up to 20%.
After two minutes of the flag not being at its spawn point, the debuff goes up to 30%.
After three minutes, 40%.
After four minutes, 50%.

So on and so forth. This way you can't just drop the flag and let a teammate pick it up to avoid the debuff, the longer the flag is away from its spawn point the harder its gonna get.

Proc

I fucking love this game, just flew up to a mushroom in zang and had to take a pic.

2251576799_b120f68431.jpg

If these patch notes are accurate; I'm totally stoked for BT and Hyjal attunements being thrown out the window. Maybe this will be the sort of kick in the ass casual guilds need to start seeing and playing this content. Also: boo at the lack of drood nerf!

Ramirez

Hmm, well our first night in ZA went better than I expected. Downed the bear and eagle, then got some good attempts in on the lynx, but couldn't down him. =\ Got him to like 18% on our best try I think, I could still use 3-4 pieces to get my stamina up just a tad bit higher I guess. Not havin' a priest sucks balls too, but what can ya do. :lol

border said:

I can't imagine anyone who pvps without the mini-map (you know Shift+M).

Alex

The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes. It takes a negative mind to assume that other peoples popularity is a reflection of your own unpopularity, if that makes sense.

I saw this from a Blizzard CM on the EU forums, granted WoW forum goers are as absurdly irate as ever, even if the Shaman could use some tweaks, but this still made me laugh.

Man that legendary bow is so bogus. Make crucial changes to the hunter class? NO, SCREW THAT! Let's put some petty functionality changes that they've longed for on weapons they'll ditch in a couple months. Fucking Illidan's Bow 2.0.

Not to mention how gimp the bow is in general. That's actually weaker than Black Bow + Timeless. Oh and it's 3.0 speed, making it stupid for BM hunters.

All in all, I hope it's fucking fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom