• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
2.4 is out.

What will you guys be doing 3 hours from now?

yacobod

Banned
i only needed to download like 9 MB of the patch, so i got it ready to go for when i get off from work this afternoon

hopefully my mods are updated for the patch

i only use

necb
focusframes
omnicc
proximo

i keep it simple with pretty much base ui, only mods i use are what i consider essential for arena

Sybari

Neo Member
Son of Godzilla said:
"Paladin Healer Gladiator Sets: The set bonus changing Hammer of Justice cooldown has been changed to a set bonus increasing the amount healed by Holy Shock."

Wat da shiiit. Fuck that. God Pallies are so fucking worthless in arena and it just gets progressively worse with each patch.

Oh, they changed to that? That's great! I was worried about matching the healing capability of the new imba shammys, but instant holy shock heal was always going to be great if it's heal was increased. Hurray! fun for me ~ I just started an arena team with a warrior, this should be fun.

Magnus

As a raider who's been in BT and Hyjal for months, if I step back and speak objectively, yes, it's better for more people to enjoy the game overall and have access to more content. The game shouldn't be about stress, etc etc, your arguments are solid.

But I hope you can understand where the so-called 'elitist/raider' mentality is coming from; you can't help but be annoyed that the reward you get for months'-long time investments is being matched by people who've never put that kind of time into the game, as soon as they log on today. You can call BT/Hyjal 'easy' and make all sorts of arguments that de-legitimize what raiding guilds have been doing for the past year, but it's still work and a shit-ton of time that's gone into it. It's a little dis-heartening to see the rewards from that get handed out now, even if we know it's in the best interest of the game.

I welcome the patch, I'm psyched for 3 hours from now. :)

yacobod

Banned
honestly i dont know about for some classes

but the 2.4 dps plate sucks and is horribly itemized, the weapons are nothing to brag about either

season 3 weapons and tier6 weapons are all better than the new badge weapons

i think the dps plate is just loaded with Str/stam/haste, where the fuk is the crit

the only upgrades im buying from patch is my BT gems to min/max my pvp gear, but most of the badge loot sucks imo

i dont even know why raiders are bitching, if i had a tier 6 equivalent dps suit from BT/hyjal i would never equip any of that 2.4 badge loot

Magnus

I'm not really bitching, just trying to explain why raiders would be angry -- the expected reaction when the lowest common denominator gets upranked to your position (or even just *closer* to your position) sans work is to bitch. I can understand that. I'm only going to be getting one of the badge loot items myself, the rest isn't an upgrade.

And yes, those inexperienced players will fail hard if they attempt to waltz into BT and Hyjal unprepared, so I'm not worried that things are being handed to them on a silver platter. I'm wondering if no-attunements is a better option for all future dungeons, to alleviate the bitterness and anger caused by this 'lifting of attunements' process that occurs every other patch.

As a JCer, I'm happy about all of the changes inc. today; finally, some attention and BoP love paid to our prof. :)

yacobod said:
honestly i dont know about for some classes

but the 2.4 dps plate sucks and is horribly itemized, the weapons are nothing to brag about either

season 3 weapons and tier6 weapons are all better than the new badge weapons

i think the dps plate is just loaded with Str/stam/haste, where the fuk is the crit

the only upgrades im buying from patch is my BT gems to min/max my pvp gear, but most of the badge loot sucks imo

i dont even know why raiders are bitching, if i had a tier 6 equivalent dps suit from BT/hyjal i would never equip any of that 2.4 badge loot
It's on purpose. Badge gear is itemized horribly so that it isn't a pure upgrade to other loot. All the weapons are riddled with sta and shite, and they are just bad in general. It's good for people that haven't gotten the lucky drops or that are fresh faced, but it's not going to replace anything huge. Except the rings, but that's only because you can wear two of em and the only thing better than the ZA ones is exalted Hyj.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Magnus said:
As a raider who's been in BT and Hyjal for months, if I step back and speak objectively, yes, it's better for more people to enjoy the game overall and have access to more content. The game shouldn't be about stress, etc etc, your arguments are solid.

But I hope you can understand where the so-called 'elitist/raider' mentality is coming from; you can't help but be annoyed that the reward you get for months'-long time investments is being matched by people who've never put that kind of time into the game, as soon as they log on today. You can call BT/Hyjal 'easy' and make all sorts of arguments that de-legitimize what raiding guilds have been doing for the past year, but it's still work and a shit-ton of time that's gone into it. It's a little dis-heartening to see the rewards from that get handed out now, even if we know it's in the best interest of the game.

I welcome the patch, I'm psyched for 3 hours from now. :)

Well I can understand this argument a bit better. Its understandable that the time and effort you put forth should give you something to be proud of - not necessarily wanting to impede the progession of others, but frustrated that the effort you put forth at the sacrifice of a LOT of hours is all for moot now. Well... I mean, nothing you can really say to that rather than - those guilds that have already gotten as far as BT, those are the guilds that are going to continue to have success in Sunwell, and in WotLK when it comes out... all these items do is make it a bit easier for the nubs to see some more end-game content. And even then, the BEST of the best gear is still stuff that comes out of BT/Sunwell - cept mah dragonspine trophy I got the otherday, DRAGONSPINE BITCHES.

Er, yeah - to summarize, sucks that you don't feel as 'rewarded' for your efforts as you did before, Blizzard needs to appeal to the masses, and unfortunately the good players are not the masses... hopefully the new content will be enough to appease you until WotLK!

Magnus

Oh, it is, which is why I'm still happy. I'd be more inclined to join the bitch parade if all the catchup measures were introduced in 2.4 with absolutely no new stuff (sunwell/MT) alongside it, haha.

Actually, the badge loot isn't where a lot of the raider bitching came from. Have a look at the rep rewards from Shattered Sun Offensive; that's where you'll find some incredible stuff that is in fact superior to Illidan loot, and on par with Sunwell. And I think it's possible to get exalted with SSO without setting foot into a raid. Therefore, bitching, haha.

Magnus

Hang on, I lied. Just reviewed SSO rep loot on wowdb, and all the loot I was referring to isn't there. It was a ton of shit that was clumped into a composite photo on WoRaids a month ago, and it wasn't Sunwell loot. What was it?

yacobod

Banned
ya i'm looking forward to crafting my Shadowsong panther trinket, since i havent had any luck getting a berserker's call

and ya as a 375 JC it will be nice to be able to buy all those patterns with reputation, will be able to trick out all my characters now

i'm usually lazy when it comes to grinding rep, so we'll see how it goes

Magnus said:
Hang on, I lied. Just reviewed SSO rep loot on wowdb, and all the loot I was referring to isn't there. It was a ton of shit that was clumped into a composite photo on WoRaids a month ago, and it wasn't Sunwell loot. What was it?
I believe you are talking about the Sunwell crafting loot, which is the best shit in the damn game. The chest patterns are BoE, and the gloves themselves are BoE, meaning you can get the best shit in the game for nothing more than gold.

The panther isn't better than zerkers. Not really. It does have a 1.5 min cd though, so I guess you can argue that it's better for more frequent burstiness, but it averages out to about 20 ap less. It's better than Bloodlust by about the same amount though.

I will say that I'm impressed they actually did through raiders a bone in the jc stuff. IIRC, the patterns are 50g from Sunwell dudes, but they were only ~5ish from the Hyjal guys. Not sure if that price went up in 2.4, but it doesn't really matter.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Magnus said:

Dunno, might have been taken out - or at least taken out of PTR, theres some pretty epic loot that dropped in the new 25man that they took out immediately, for reasons unknown, hoping the melee deeps trinket comes back (blackened silver spoon or something like that, think it was +30 hit and 40ap per crit, stacks up to 10... something close to that at least).

And I dont know what people are talking about, just looking at the rogue badge list alone is crazy, all the armour pieces make it in the top 3-4 MAEP points using shadowpanthers list. Some of the gear is just below T6~.

The only thing I worry about with 2.4 is the economy, a patch like this is going to change the prices of a LOT of things. Maybe all my stockpiled Primal Nethers will actually find a use now though.

John_B

We can all argue how we would like the game to be shaped. I think that any game should have enough challenge and depth to let skill and experience grow. The game pre-tbc was a bit black and white in the way that to obtain certain things, you had to play the game in extreme ways. Blizzard added a bunch of colors with the expansion, and overall I prefer this way much more. I just feel that the top challenges, (this goes for any game) should be at a level where the base and the middle has to throw in the gloves. It's like Super Bowl or the World Cup - You go if you are good enough. There are plenty of games that has extreme difficulty settings to challenge the players that are skilled beyond the base.

I know that this is problem for Blizzard, because on one hand, they want to make some great challenges, but on the other, they don't want to "lock" content that the base (also the majority) is paying for.

I think Blizzard did cater too much to the base this time around. I don't see any reason to strive for the most challenging content, because it is so much easier to do the same old and very manageable content for currency that can be exchanged for prizes that are very much relative to what you can get from the challenging content.

And please, for some of you that responded to my other posts, you sound like some of those retards on the official forums. I never asked for any of your content to be destroyed or altered. I simply want my content to be more of a challenge.

yacobod said:
when exactly has wow ever been about skill or been hard
Ask a High Warlord how long it took for him to obtain the rank, or ask any guild leader how big a challenge the Four Horsemen were.

yacobod

Banned
John_B said:
Ask a High Warlord how long it took for him to obtain the rank, or ask any guild leader how big a challenge the Four Horsemen were.

well i did hit warlord on my horde warrior, and marshall on my alliance rogue, so i know quite a bit about the pvp grind pre-tbc, getting gladiator ranking is much easier than that crazy grind, but i do admit i had some great times grinding pvp rank with all the other crazies in vent all day, but in hindsight it wasnt a very healthy thing to do

for comparison i started a new 3v3 last week and got the team into the top 30 of the battlegroup in 2 nights play, so that alone shows how much easier getting gladiator is than the old pvp grind

i will admit i was pretty pissed that right before expansion hit they basically gave everyone free warlord/high warlord gear thru honor points, so these changes we are seeing in 2.4 have precedence, so i guess it shouldnt be suprising to the long time wow players

my guild failed in naxx pre expansion at patchwork, but i did clear all the other instances, i just never bothered to get into raiding after the xpac

i mainly raided for pvp toys, expansion has eliminated the need to pve for pvp toys, and im quite happy about that, i dont have to sit in vent with 20 ppl that i dislike hoping for some random drop

i think the game caters to all crowds now, and its better for it

1up

Cant wait to get home tonight. Instant honor gains, more daily quests for honor, diminishing returns gone. It almost seems like I'm going to have too much honor.

traveler

Not Wario
I take it all the Shattered Sun event quests (opening up the sanctum, arena, etc.) are for 70s only? My highest toon is 62 and currently working through the Zangarmarsh, but I'd like to participate in these one time only events.

Trasher

I recently dinged 70 on my warrior. Any tips on what I should do to get some gear quick? I don't think many people are going to want either a tank in greens or a DPSer in greens to be in their group...

traveler said:
I take it all the Shattered Sun event quests (opening up the sanctum, arena, etc.) are for 70s only? My highest toon is 62 and currently working through the Zangarmarsh, but I'd like to participate in these one time only events.

The only one time only event afaik is the 1k gold to get the title after the city's been built. None of the quests go away after the thing advances, they just turn into "hay, we should keep doing this" instead of "omg we need this done" quests.

Wowhead seems to suggest that the quests might require lvl 66. But I think that's wrong and they do require 70. 68 at the least.

Icy

Banned
Trasher said:
I recently dinged 70 on my warrior. Any tips on what I should do to get some gear quick? I don't think many people are going to want either a tank in greens or a DPSer in greens to be in their group...

No one will take you as a DPSer. You should have some blue level items at least from some quests?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Trasher said:

Grind honour. Even if you want to PvE - coming in with PvP epics is better than PvE greens. Honour grinding is easy now with the patch, as 1 of ea BG token = 300 honour, its all instantly calculated, and other bonuses. You can either save up for about 2-3 weeks and wait until Season 2 gear goes on sale and get that, or grind for a few days, get a full Gladiator set and PvE with that.

Magnus

Did all the servers that went up half an hour ago go down again? :(

Yay patch day.

And I think the gear I was mentioning earlier is the vendor-swap stuff for Sunwell tokens. That is, it appears you take say, the healing pants that drop off Brutallus (for argument's sake, just making stuff up) and you take them with a token to the vendor to exchage for equivalent damage pants. There are several such pairings listed on WoRaids -- the paired vendor item has a bracket (v) after it.

John_B

Son of Godzilla said:
How is that conflicting? I did not say the badge gear should be Karazhan shit quality. I meant the most challenging bosses should drop gear of the very best quality, not just the "almost-the-same-but-still-better" quality.

Wooo Demon Soul is still down.
I had to change my payment method so I ofcourse canceled my account from billing my atm card monthly a few minutes ago. Just for the hell of it I marked the reason as downtime when it asked =] I'll still renew on another card when I run out of time ofcourse.

Can someone explain how BG's work and how you take part in them? Since I haven't been able to raid, might as well PvP for now, but I know nothing aboot it

Can't figure out the boss abilities for spit, but yay for brute forcing normal mode. First one kinda makes sense, and 3rd is straight forward, but the 2nd one just seems to do whatever it wants.

Anatheron just had to restart, maybe the outlands will be back when it comes up!

Oh god, new island has like every 70 on the server there right now lol

Icy

Banned
You have to be level 70 and goto the Ironforge or Silvermoon flight master. You automatically get the path to the new island. Its the only way to get there until your server unlocks the portal in Shatt.

Just bought The Night Blade for 500g :)

The person I bought it from knew how much it could be worth and decided to give me a huuuuge discount!

*drool*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom