• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

yacobod said:
hopefully my mods are updated for the patch

necb

The mod's author said he wont update it for 2.4 and it will fail to work properly after 2.4 =/

I myself hope Halcyone gets the Hal's UI worked out fast for 2.4 since I love that UI and now I can't play without it now.

Had a pretty decent time with the new patch today. Made about 60G going some of the new quests, got some honor, and actually bought myself one of new reputation PvP pieces. They'll be good for starting off-sets.

lexi

Banned
ManaByte said:
That said, the Kael'thas fight is so buggy you'd think it was made by SOE.

This is nothing out of the ordinary, consider that 2.4 is pretty freaking early considering it's the last major content patch, hell there might not even be a 2.5 before WotLK is out.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah even I'm surprised that 2.4 has gone live. It was barely a month on the PTRs wasn't it? Even the big patch before TBC expansion was on the PTRs for over 2 months.

ManaByte

Gold Member
We'll get 2.4.1 before the weekend, there's a bunch of stuff they need to immediately hotfix. Some people are talking about an exploit in the Kael fight to make it insanely easy.

etiolate

Banned
Major zoning bug disconnecting and locking out characters right now. Most commonly happening with anyone doing a battleground. The queues are nigh empty because BGs are killing characters. Blizzard is claiming it's an ISP issue, which is obvious bullshit. They'll probably be a restart and all characters force-hearthed or that is at least my guess.

Beat Kael on 2nd try......first try was lame as the tank rushed in and started while the only person in the group who had been there before was giving instructions and me and a hunter got stuck outside the door :lol

Right after the first try, a server message saying the realm was restarting came up and scared the shit out of us.....

ManaByte

Gold Member
rev2cd4mix.jpg

:lol :lol

I did MT but, the group had already cleared a lot fo it. I only say the boss before Kael'thas and Kael'thas. Kael's fight is awesome. Nothing good dropped for me though. It's cool that they put Kael'thas in a 5 man. There needs to be more cool stuff like that with story people care about outside of raids.

I also got 2 PVP items since I had a bunch of marks to turn in. I got my belt and the ring with armor ignore.

The new AV doesn't seem much different really. Balinda does go down as fast as Galv now but I think the wins are coming more from the Horde on my BG just trying harder. They're actually putting up some D now. It's not like they couldn't have been doing that already though. The map is still unfavorable to the Horde. The alliance doesn't have to put up such a flimsy defense in the middle of the map like that and they don't have to deal with 15 fucking dwarfs running up on them AND archers by the RH GY. And snowfall is on their way to Galv too.

Weenerz

Banned
I did the Kael fight a few times on the PTR and it doesnt need an exploit to make it insanely easy. He has like no HP, the fight took maybe 30 seconds from start to finish.

yacobod

Banned
the black war elekk is the new best land mount in the game

--------
also i havent actively participated in pve since lvl 60 really, but since 2.4 came out and with attunements for MH/BT being lifted, my guild went into MH, so i figured wtf i'll go check it out since i wasnt doing arena tonite

we 1 shot Rage, and wiped twice on Anetheron, ppl were pretty brain dead about handling the infernals, but at least i got to see some content

funny that Kael cockblocked the guild for months and months

Rage dropped those fatty dps plate shoulders, and the guild main tank looted them lol, i was kinda hoping to get those since they look nice, but not going to sweat it since i dont raid actively, and most likely wont participate too much in the future

=W=

the delrissa fight is pretty fun. i recommend bringing some pvp gear (especially the trinket if you're a healer)

aesop

I didn't play on the PTR (even though I copied my character over) so last night was my first experience with patch 2.4. The new zone and instance are pretty decent. Being alliance I haven't seen much of the BE themed stuff, so it was new to me. MT was loleasy up until the 3rd boss, who was a total bitch because we didn't have any reliable CC. Had an MS warrior as an add, which sucked because it would random aggro until I could get a fear off. Kael was a pushover.

Ashodin

You guys are going to have to start referring to Kael as Kael5 or Kael25, so that those of us can know which one you're talking about :lol

Safe Bet

Banned
Just want to say...

I HATE THIS FUCKING GAME!!!

/vent

Its so frustrating trying to lvl solo.

Is it really that important I make online friends?

*mumble*

Any tips for a noob trying to lvl an Undead Priest?

I'm currently at lvl 14 and spec'ing Holy for group play.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

yacobod

Banned
Safe Bet said:
Just want to say...

/vent

*mumble*

ya

dont lvl as holy if you want to solo

Lain

WoW is the easiest game to level in solo.
If you think you'll solo most of the time, with the random grouping for dungeon quests, then go Shadow. You'll still be able to heal in groups if a healer is so hard to find that you have to heal, and you'll do great when soloing.
I never had a problem leveling a Shadow Priest (tho it was pre tbc). It was fun and easy. The only downside was that I had to get lots of water first.

Safe Bet said:
Just want to say...

/vent

*mumble*

Well you're using a retarded spec for leveling solo in the first place. Wow is an EXTREMELY EASY game to solo level in.

Safe Bet

Banned
Thanks for the advice...

I'll consider respec'ing Shadow and see if that helps with the trouble I'm having when I take on more than 2 enemies that are ~ my lvl.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Well you're using a retarded spec for leveling solo in the first place. Wow is an EXTREMELY EASY game to solo level in.
Congrats...

You made it onto my Ignore Assholes List!

*thumbs up*

Icy

Banned
Safe Bet said:
Thanks for the advice...

I'll consider respec'ing Shadow and see if that helps with the trouble I'm having when I take on more than 2 enemies that are ~ my lvl.

Congrats...

*thumbs up*

Maybe ignored. but he's right.

traveler

Not Wario
I don't think any class finds it easy to take on 3 or more guys at their level. Sounds like you need be a bit more cautious with your pulls.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, no class pulls 3 mobs at 14 unless you're twinked.

And I hope you're using a wand at least. My priest found leveling rather easy, leveling as disc even.

Safe Bet

Banned
Icy said:
Maybe ignored. but he's right.
I didn't say he was wrong...

;)

Also...

Some of you guys need to remember what it was like being new to WoW.

It's not exactly a "simple" game to learn and can be more than a bit intimidating.

traveler said:
I don't think any class finds it easy to take on 3 or more guys at their level. Sounds like you need be a bit more cautious with your pulls.
You're right...

I was being sloppy in my pulls and becoming panicked when overwhelmed.

Tamanon said:
Yeah, no class pulls 3 mobs at 14 unless you're twinked.

And I hope you're using a wand at least. My priest found leveling rather easy, leveling as disc even.
I ignored the wand at first but am using it now...

Thanks for the tips guys...

:)

Safe Bet said:
Just want to say...

/vent

*mumble*

I leveled 1-60 holy. It'll make a man of ya; I died TWICE from 60-70 Shadow, and that was in run-and-gun PvP + mobs situations, taking people down with me. Use it as a learning situation to see problems before they occur; the dangers and opportunities. This will also help you become a predicting healer, too.

Icy

Banned
Lain said:
The mod's author said he wont update it for 2.4 and it will fail to work properly after 2.4 =/

I myself hope Halcyone gets the Hal's UI worked out fast for 2.4 since I love that UI and now I can't play without it now.

which mods have authors just stopped supporting that would be worthwhile to update?

Safe Bet said:
Thanks for the advice...

Congrats...

*thumbs up*
Not my fault you fucking fail at the easiest mmorpg ever made.

Tamanon

Banned
ManaByte said:
BG lag is so stupid right now. Spells can't even be cast.

Yeah, I don't know if it's because more people are PvPing or if they took servers away from them to keep Sunwell's island running smooth.

BTW, love the new daily quests there, we should have the Inn open sometime tonight.

Chris R

Apparently someone on my server is already exalted :lol No clue if thats hard or not, I'm still only level 64 (but I'm going to try and hit 70 before the end of next week).

Lain

I need a little help.
After 2.4 refreshing the weapon buffs like Windfury Weapon has become so damn annoying. Is there some way to make it just like before the patch?
I mean, before if I had Windfury on MH and Flametongue on OH, hitting the Windfury and Flametongue Weapon buff would refresh the respective ones. Now instead I am forced to click on the weapon I want to refresh and I also get the annoying "Are you sure?", so It has become a 3-clicks process from a 1 click one (or 6 from 2).

Lain

Icy said:
which mods have authors just stopped supporting that would be worthwhile to update?

I only know about necb because I wanted to update it a couple weeks ago, altho that's useful only for pvp (imo).

The new combat log is cool, but it is driving me crazy with the scrolling from the top everytime I zone. I need to check if Simplecombatlog has been updated.

Tamanon

Banned
Lain said:
I only know about necb because I wanted to update it a couple weeks ago, altho that's useful only for pvp (imo).

The new combat log is cool, but it is driving me crazy with the scrolling from the top everytime I zone. I need to check if Simplecombatlog has been updated.

From the blues on the forums:

Instructions
1. Select the “Everything” tab
2. /script Blizzard_CombatLog_CurrentSettings.settings.showHistory = false

This will prevent all combat log messages from being re-filtered when you zone.

Side-Effects:
This will also prevent you from seeing old messages with the “Everything” tab.

How to Undo:
If you accidentally set this on the wrong tab, select the broken tab and type:
/script Blizzard_CombatLog_CurrentSettings.settings.showHistory = true

These settings will be saved when you logout.

Icy

Banned
Lain said:
I need a little help.
After 2.4 refreshing the weapon buffs like Windfury Weapon has become so damn annoying. Is there some way to make it just like before the patch?
I mean, before if I had Windfury on MH and Flametongue on OH, hitting the Windfury and Flametongue Weapon buff would refresh the respective ones. Now instead I am forced to click on the weapon I want to refresh and I also get the annoying "Are you sure?", so It has become a 3-clicks process from a 1 click one (or 6 from 2).

were u possibly using a mod that may have added this function? also enabling auto self cast may fix it.

firex

maybe it's something they busted in 2.4, because with auto self cast off, weapon buffs still refresh on the right weapon with a simple click.

speedpop

Safe Bet said:
Not my fault you fail at...

NVM

Its just not worth it.
Here's what do as leveling as a Priest:

Head into Shadow spec, grabbing talents that seem worthwhile, but at the same time make sure you get the Wand spec from Discipline.

I used this guide (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=12021216&sid=1) when I created my first Priest and it helped a lot. As dreadful as the official forums are at times, when you're creating a new class and you have no idea what to do with it, the class sub-forums usually have helpful guides to let you know what to do.

speedpop

Safe Bet said:
Thanks for the tip..

As a console gamer, I'm having a hard time managing the UI.

I'm not sure I can overcome it, but I'm trying...
Just map your most used buttons onto the 1-5 keyboard, and then put your healing spells on key bindings, i.e. alt+1 through to alt+5.

For your buffs you could use shift+1, etc.

ManaByte

Gold Member
rhfb said:
Apparently someone on my server is already exalted :lol No clue if thats hard or not, I'm still only level 64 (but I'm going to try and hit 70 before the end of next week).

Not hard at all. Just a bunch of Magister's Terrace runs will get you it. You can hit friendly very easily.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, it appears they've added BoP versions of a good amount of BoE world drop recipes to Heroic Kael in Magisters Terrace. Already a report of Enchant-Vitality, Mana Pot Injector and Boar's Speed being found off him. :D

Safe Bet said:
Just want to say...

/vent

*mumble*

Get these two mods:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7017-LightHeaded.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7032-TomTom.html

Also, get all the quest in one town/city and do them all before returning and getting the next set of quest.

On another note, I finally ding'd 70! My first time playing and it only took me a little under 2 months :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom