• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Been trying to xfer a character for the past 3 hours, got to the last page twice and then I get a busy server error, so fucking annoying.

yacobod

Banned
executioner's for warriors PVE or PVP

its the enchant of choice

even DW warriors are going executioner's main, mongoose off

I am nearly in tears after reading some posts at the WoW forum. They did this script where everyone says something like lol, lolcats, rofl, lmao at the end of each sentence. :lol

traveler

Not Wario
I assume Soulfrost is the best enchant for an Affliction lock, no? Also, I've been using a staff throughout my entire "career" as a warlock- what are the advantages of going dagger/offhand instead and should I consider it in place of staves?

aesop

traveler said:
I assume Soulfrost is the best enchant for an Affliction lock, no? Also, I've been using a staff throughout my entire "career" as a warlock- what are the advantages of going dagger/offhand instead and should I consider it in place of staves?

Soulfrost is nice, but expensive, so save it for a nice weapon. Don't put in on the S1 dagger. I prefer sword/dagger + offhand combo. Prince dagger + Orb of the Soul Eater gives you a lot more +damage than the Curator staff will give you. Usually you'll have lower stam and int with the combo, but your damage will be much higher.

border

Soulfrost is a lot more money than +40 Damage, almost to the point where it's not worth it.

Dagger + Offhand tends to give you better damage stats at the cost of STA/INT. Orb of the Soul Eater is probably the preferred offhand for Affliction Warlocks and Shadowpriests.

explodet

border said:
Soulfrost is a lot more money than +40 Damage, almost to the point where it's not worth it.
I'd have to agree with this assesment, although YMMV if you're a min/maxer. If you want to blow the cash to squeeze out that +14 shadow damage and not bother with your fire spells (which is easy for an affliction lock) by all means go for it.

border

Not fun being an LFG Affliction Warlock, with the way Magister's Terrace seems to work. Today I got passed up in favor of a Destruction Lock with 540 Spell Damage (and 200 less Shadow Damage than I have). Not that that was a good decision, but for whatever reason people seem to think the place can't be done on Heroic without heavy burst damage.

yacobod

Banned
border said:
Not fun being an LFG Affliction Warlock, with the way Magister's Terrace seems to work. Today I got passed up in favor of a Destruction Lock with 540 Spell Damage (and 200 less Shadow Damage than I have). Not that that was a good decision, but for whatever reason people seem to think the place can't be done on Heroic without heavy burst damage.

idk heroic magister's is pretty easy with a competent grp

ppl are stupid tho

border

My 60 rogue has finally hit Shattrath -- is there any reason I should prefer Aldor over Scryers? It looks like both factions are about the same.

border

Well, for a combat swords rogue it seems like an even choice. Aldor has an epic sword at Exalted, Scryers have an epic dagger at Exalted. Both are good weapons, but there are auction-house BoE epics that you can substitute for either one. Considering that the current daily quests yield mostly Scryer-related drops, I'm thinking it'd be better to go Scryers. The Aldor epic sword does look pretty nice though.

Looking at the survey on WoWWiki, it looks like most rogues have gone Aldor, though it's a 60/40 split at best.

I've done Scryers on 2 sword Rogues. Both of my rogues are Elves so I went with them. Seriously, I can't stand Draenei and their accents and sayings. They get on my nerves. I don't care for either of the epic weapons since the Gladiator's S1 weapons are better and easier to get. The 3 biggest deciding factors are the shoulder enchant, the trade recipes, and where you're going to be farming the turn-ins.

Weenerz

Banned
Scryers seem to be an easier rep grind, my shaman is barely revered with aldor and I dont even feel like going anymore, but with all the sunfury signet dropping mobs in netherstorm, scryer is cake.

When chosing between aldor and scryer pretty much just pick based on the inscriptions. All the gear from Aldor and Scryer rep is wellfare shit thats pretty bad anyways.

traveler

Not Wario
Well, part of the advantage of going Scryer, for me at least, was the enchanting trainer. I just got Restore Mana Prime a good 20 or so skill under what it would take to get the recipe.

Lain

rhfb said:
Molten Armor procs impact but not ignite? WTF :lol

They changed it some time ago (right after I got it) because it procing ignite would autobreak sheeps and it annoyed Mages both in PvP and PvE.

Rolled a Troll Hunter today

Seems like a fun class to play through the first 7 levels

But I'm too used to playing a rogue as I keep trying to stealth through large groups of mobs and then realize I don't have stealth :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
so, badges of justice. i've decided to farm them and save them for lvl 80. the chances of them introducing lvl 80 gear to be bought with them are high right?

also, what kind of gear is needed for heroics. will people making groups bitch about a rogue in Opportunist's Battlegear and season 1 daggers?

Tamanon

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Rolled a Troll Hunter today

Seems like a fun class to play through the first 7 levels

But I'm too used to playing a rogue as I keep trying to stealth through large groups of mobs and then realize I don't have stealth :lol

Eh, once you hit 10 and get your pet, you'll just cut a swath quicker than rogues can stealth:p

Deathnote: I don't think it'll be badge of justice gear at 80. I think they'll come up with a new token.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tamanon said:
Eh, once you hit 10 and get your pet, you'll just cut a swath quicker than rogues can stealth:p

Deathnote: I don't think it'll be badge of justice gear at 80. I think they'll come up with a new token.
shit. well, farmed honor points, arena points, and moh's will be valid currency right?

i'm not 70 yet, and i'm planning to stockpile for 80.

Chris R

Just how good are the clothcraft crafted gear compared to arena/pvp/quest gears? Right now I'm skin/mine for a pure gold output, but I'm going to be hitting 70 shortly but would rather not waste the time on grinding cloth to 375 if the improvements are minor or nonexistant

Tamanon

Banned
rhfb said:
Just how good are the clothcraft crafted gear compared to arena/pvp/quest gears? Right now I'm skin/mine for a pure gold output, but I'm going to be hitting 70 shortly but would rather not waste the time on grinding cloth to 375 if the improvements are minor or nonexistant

For raiding? If you're a mage/warlock/priest, the tailoring sets are outstanding, don't get replaced until Tier 5 at least.

For PvP? They're alright.

Chris R

Tamanon said:
For raiding? If you're a mage/warlock/priest, the tailoring sets are outstanding, don't get replaced until Tier 5 at least.

For PvP? They're alright.
well I want to raid eventually, so I guess I'll start :lol Won't be as bad as trying to grind LW to 375 it seems

My best friend on my realm for the past 2 years xfered off my realm this morning without any warning.. Claims our server causes his pc to lag really bad and no other realm does... I'm so sad =\

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
DarkAngelYuna said:
My best friend on my realm for the past 2 years xfered off my realm this morning without any warning.. Claims our server causes his pc to lag really bad and no other realm does... I'm so sad =\
Tell him to man the fuck up and count his blessings he doesn't have 400-500ms ping every damn time.

aesop

Might not believe this, but I was a part of a PuG that dropped A'lar, Solarian, and VR (wasn't there for VR kill) last night. Solarian and A'lar seemed really easy once things got going. Of course, I'm DPS, so I do have the easiest job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom