• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManaByte said:
Yea, uh... Anyone who uses an automatic updater is just dense to be honest.

5/5 in imp str in the holy tree and up to kings in prot I believe.
Is pretty much correct. No, it really doesn't matter if you get imp devotion or the shield thing.

Found this neat site in guild forums:

http://be.imba.hu/

Kinda neat. I scored 241.5 or something. It penalized me for not bothering to hit cap myself. Which is retarded, considering boomkins... exist. I'm actually trying to ditch some hit rating.

My account expires April 22nd, and I don't think I'm going to resubscribe. I've quit a couple times, but I've been drawn back so I'm not swearing WoW off permanently or anything, but right now there just isn't much that's really making me play. That's like OH WOW that was cool. I've got two pieces of Season 3, three pieces of Season 1, and then all Karazhan and Badge loot on my Elemental Shaman. Not bad for casually playing really. WotLK might bring me back, but we'll see. Farewell Azeroth!

Flambe

Son of Godzilla said:
Kinda neat. I scored 241.5 or something. It penalized me for not bothering to hit cap myself. Which is retarded, considering boomkins... exist. I'm actually trying to ditch some hit rating.

Boomkins add crit, not hit hehe. Unless you mean elemental shammie totem for +3 spell hit =)

Cool site though unless it's giving me a trojan >.<

Xiaoki

Flambe said:
Boomkins add crit, not hit hehe. Unless you mean elemental shammie totem for +3 spell hit =)
A friend of mine has a tier 5 Boomkin and he says the worst thing for a Boomkin is crit.
Druids have no aggro dump. Mages have Invisibility and Locks have Soul Shatter but Boomkins have nothing.
Crits do like 4 times as much threat as normal. So when a Boomkin pulls aggro(and he will, no matter how good the tank is) he has no way of dumping aggro so you die.
My friend is hit capped now and he's been replacing his Boomkin crit gear with cloth that has spell haste and/or mp5.
The mp5 is because Boomkins are also terrible with mana(again, a weakness that only Boomkins have: Mages - Clearcasting and Evocation, Locks - Life Tap, Ele Shamans - a lot). Sure you have Innervate but the healers demand that.

Flambe said:

Cool site though unless it's giving me a trojan >.<
No, I meant hit. Improved Faerie Fire, yo.

Sure you have Innervate but the healers demand that.
Any healer that demands Innervate is full of shit. The spirit changes have more or less broken the game.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Son of Godzilla said:
Yea, uh... Anyone who uses an automatic updater is just dense to be honest.

There's yet to be a major auto updater that didn't eventually start installing keyloggers. Too bad people don't pay attention and insist on using them over and over.

Culex

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Any healer that demands Innervate is full of shit. The spirit changes have more or less broken the game.

Yea, basically, any disc or holy priest gains mana faster than they can ever use it with the new patch. Hell, as a shadow priest, I'm gaining something like 450 mana every 3 seconds.

Lain

ManaByte said:
There's yet to be a major auto updater that didn't eventually start installing keyloggers. Too bad people don't pay attention and insist on using them over and over.

The problem is from an ad, and you could have caught a trojan by simply visitng wowhead or thottbot some time ago because they have had the same kinda problem with an ad installing trojans on visitors pcs.
WAU is cool, no reason to hate on it. It perfectly complements the ace repository (and should be used only for betatesting mods as what you can download from it is usally in beta state).

Son of Godzilla said:
No, I meant hit. Improved Faerie Fire, yo.

About the THUNDAH TURKEY innervates, we've been letting ours use it on himself. My regen (Hpriest) is like they said, freaking sick. Used to be only the Mages would get it outside healers, but now only after phase 2 Illidan if we had some cross splashing would any of us healers need it.

firex

yeah, they mentioned awhile back that the new CoT was going to be helping Arthas clean out that village from Warcraft 3.

Weenerz

Banned
I am beginning to hate the fishing daily quest. All I ever get is the +100 lure hooks and some grey vendor trash worth 1g 40s. Damn you blizzard, give me something useful!

In other news, I have pretty stopped playing besides the fishing quest, maybe its a sign that I shouldn't play anymore. :lol

firex said:
yeah, they mentioned awhile back that the new CoT was going to be helping Arthas clean out that village from Warcraft 3.

A little larger than a village, guy. He's wiping out the population of Stratholme.

firex

I never could remember if it was Strath or Strahnbrad or something like that since they both get wiped out really early in the Warcraft 3 human campaign.

Ha I happened to be on when we unlocked the anvil today. Needless to say the word spread pretty damn fast. I don't think even the opening of the Dark Portal had this many people around. Now if only she had something that would actually be an upgrade for me...

2426621096_9945eb1939_o.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It'll be interesting to step into Stratholme before the shit went down though. That was practically Arthas' turning point into madness.

Xiaoki

Manick Joe said:
Ha I happened to be on when we unlocked the anvil today. Needless to say the word spread pretty damn fast. I don't think even the opening of the Dark Portal had this many people around.
On our server we had about a hundred rush her.
A GM came on and started warning people to not stand on top of her.
When they didnt listen they were death touched. It was hilarious to watch 5 or 6 people just suddenly drop dead.
Funniest thing though was that one of the people killed was the main tank for the best guild in the game and it happened just minutes before they were to go in and fight Felmyst.
It was easy to target after word got around, no one would go within 10 yards of her.

Chris R

So rugged leather prices are insane on my server... I'm trying to get to 300 talioring and I'm stuck at 285 now... Each piece requires 4 rugged leather, which would be running me 5g per craft...

Why did I drop skinning early and not get the leather beforhand :(

edit: well I just made frost pants instead, the cost of the extra cloth and essence of water was about 75% cheaper to get the 15 levels. Now to go farm some netherweave :D I already have 80 imbuded bolts from all the cloth I've saved up from 58-68

Source: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=3778917992&postId=37785479177&sid=1#0

Slorkuz said:
While Season 3 is still going strong, we wanted to announce ahead of time the rating requirements that will be present for arena items once Season 4 begins. We also wanted to give everyone a heads up to some changes that will be in an upcoming patch, altering how points are gained and players are matched in the arena system. The patch with these changes is scheduled to release before the start of Season 4.

First though, the rating requirement changes:

When Season 4 begins, Season 3 items will be reduced in personal and team arena rating requirement to:
Shoulders: 1950
Weapon: 1800

The new Season 4 items will have the below personal and team arena rating requirements:
Shoulders: 2200
Weapon: 2050
Head: 1700
Chest: 1600
Legs: 1550
Gloves: none
Off-hand: none

In addition, some of the Season 4 quality items that will be purchasable with honor will also carry a personal and team arena rating requirement:
Boots: 1700
Ring: 1650
Bracers: 1575
Belt: none
Necklace: none
Trinket: none

The Season 2 items, which will move to the honor system when Season 4 begins, will continue to have no rating requirement.

The changes to the rating requirements for these items reflect the nature of the items, their power, and the relative difficulty that should be had when attempting to obtain them. These items are comparable to those found in the newest 25 person raid zone, Sunwell Plateau, and should therefore also feel very challenging to obtain.

To help ensure that the challenge in obtaining these items stays true to those achieving these ratings, we'll also be implementing new rules with an upcoming patch to curb practices that undermine the core concepts of the arena system. These rules are as follows:

If a character’s personal rating is more than 150 points below the team rating, they will earn points based on their personal rating instead of the team rating.

This means that a player cannot join a highly rated team and begin earning points based purely on the pre-established rating of the team before they joined it. They'll need to compete, improve, and gain a personal rating worthy of the points they would receive.

If the average personal rating of the players queuing for a game is more than 150 points below the team’s rating, the team will be queued against an opponent matching or similar to the average personal rating.

This means that players cannot join a highly rated team and immediately face highly rated opponents, easily and quickly bringing their personal rating up. Instead they'll need to again compete, improve, and earn their rating.

We're excited to see these changes implemented, which will continue to emphasize the strong competitive nature of the arenas, and the challenge in obtaining the highest end rewards available for PvP.

Best news ever.

Chris R

DarkAngelYuna said:
Still way too low, everything should be at least 2k + =\
why? If everything is 2k+ then anyone just starting has almost no chance of ever catching up. I'm going to ding 70 tomorrow and start Arenas right away, but no way I'll be able to break 2k any time soon, even with my honor/arena/crafted epics that I'm going to be wearing shortly. The point break down lets people work their way up, when S4 starts I can hope for 1600 the first week, 1650 the next and so forth as my team learns to work around the cookie cutter teams out there.

yacobod

Banned
blizzard just did this to prevent win trading and arena point selling thats all

so time to milk this for all its worth, im gonna try to make another 5k gold or so this season

Alex

It is great news, granted I haven't played in ages, but it got a little old watching people leech a nearly complete set of equipment effortlessly.

However, I do disagree with leaving ratings on S3 equipment going into S4, and I also agree with fucking up the nearly dead honor system further by letting the arena garbage spill over into it.

So in the end, I think they probably just did as much harm as they did good.

Vieo

I rolled a priest about two weeks ago, and..

No wonder 17 out of 20 times when I join a group for some instance, our healers are druids or shammies and never priests. Leveling a priest is soooooo slooooow. I finally see why priests are hard to find when forming a group; because no one wants to level one!

I'm only lvl15 and haven't been in any groups yet since I'm still too low for Deadmines. I got so bored I've been running bgs in Warsong Gulch. Not surprising, I'm usually the only Priest there on either Alliance or Horde.

edit: I will say that spamming fear is super-fun though.

Spruchy

Vieo said:

No wonder 17 out of 20 times when I join a group for some instance, our healers are druids or shammies and never priests. Leveling a priest is soooooo slooooow. I finally see why priests are hard to find when forming a group; because no one wants to level one!

I'm only lvl15 and haven't been in any groups yet since I'm still too low for Deadmines. I got so bored I've been running bgs in Warsong Gulch. Not surprising, I'm usually the only Priest there on either Alliance or Horde.

Wand Spec is your best friend for the first 10 talent points (seriously).

firex

kind of a mixed bag on the s4 stuff. Actual arena changes sound good, but rating requirements on the honor parts of it are retarded. hopefully they keep the s3 non-set stuff so people like me who've had insane bad luck and haven't gotten to gear up to do arena yet can still have some non-set epics after getting s2.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I loved leveling up my Horde Priest that I began to roll a second on Alliance :lol

Other than my Shaman, it was the only other class I had a blast playing with consistently was Priest.

I'm actually interesting in this; I got tired of 1/3 of opponents being point sellers, and 1/3 buyers, S3 all over. Might actually stick within a guild team with these changes.

Soroc

Vieo said:

Spruchy said:
Wand Spec is your best friend for the first 10 talent points (seriously).

And Spirit Tap. Those should be your first 10 points. Priest leveling is actually pretty fast if you go shadow while leveling. pre60 you really don't need to be holy to heal, just have a big mana pool.

Tamanon

Banned
I just leveled one as enhancement. Usually you'll want to use a 2-handed weapon until you're able to get Dual Wield later on. It'll help you mow through mobs. :)

Ashodin

Respecced to Holy today for a heroic magister's terrace run. Fun fun fun - I haven't healed in a LONG time... and soloing while Holy is a lot better than I remember it, thanks spelldamage from heal mod change! :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, adding spell damage to healing gear was one of the biggest boosts to soloing healers. I know it helps my pally solo a ton.

Ashodin

Damn, I really need that badge axe, I've got 87 badges, I need 150 :(

I should've saved up for the axe first, but I went for the [Legplates of Unending Fury] instead. Pretty sweet upgrade, though.

Zaptruder

Banned
Hey WoW fans... just wondering...

how much do you think a figure like this is worth?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=28041

It's based off this; (probably the best WoW art piece out there IMO).

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burn...delf_vs_draenei/bloodelf_vs_draenei-1600x.jpg

You think its value will go up in time?

For reference, the sideshow Tychus Findlay (Starcraft 2 marine) statue has increased in value pretty dramatically since its release (expect to pay about $400 - $600)... although the situations aren't really alike.

So I wanna start organizing more capital city raids inbetween the weekly snooze Kara/ZA/Gruul/SSC because World PvP is insanely fun. Are there any decent guides out there or just tips in how to do it succesfully?

Lain

Don't hunter have an aspect bar, akin to Warrior stance bar and Paladin Aura bar?
I was sure they had one, but whent I wen to play my hunter today after a long time not playing it, there was none... and nothing I did was able to make it pop back up (made sure the stance bar in bartender3 was visible and enabled and reloaded the ui so many times...), even disabling every single mod and going with the default Blizzard UI.
Maybe I'm simply imagining they had one, because otherwise I have no clue on how to make it appear once again =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom