• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

Not exactly sure, but I bet you would make more money finding buyers that are willing to transfer a single character to a new account. That's what I did anyhow. I sold my shaman, and kept the account because I still wanted to play my warrior. You just need to find someone willing to do that, or drop the price by however much a battlechest costs these days.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Marko_Baomoro said:
I've a level 70 druid, I'm looking for a pvp spec, feral, any idea?
i've being out of the loop a while now, but last i heard resto druids were the bee's knees in Arenas

feral spec is a lot of fun for solo pvp though.

haven't tried Moonkin

yacobod

Banned
rod said:
i have an account with a 70 shadowpriest a 70 rogue a 70 warlock and a 70 mage.

the priest and lock are in t5/t5 equiv gear, rogue in mostly s3 and the lock in t4~ epics, mage is rubbishly geared.

how much roughly could i get for this account?

honestly you would be better splitting up the account and selling each toon individually

would get more money that way

How do you go about splitting characters on your account? (Still into it now but I imagine my rogue and druid will fetch me a fair amount of money one day).

Now for an arena question. I finally partnered up with a good Disc Priest for 2s and have hit the druid wall at around ~1640. I'm Shadowstep daggers so it's not that big of a problem staying on a druid inbetween Blind, Crippling Poison, Sprint, Deadly Throw and of course Shadowstep. I just can't outdamage them through their constant healing even with the priest throwing out what she can with Shadow Word Pain and such. I can get real close in the span of about 15-25 seconds depending on crits, but by that point a few lifebloom stacks are up with a rejuv and they just sit in bear form and have a good chuckle at my now measly pokes. Obviously can't ignore the druid with Entangling Roots and Cyclone being spammed on me if left untouched. My only guess is make sure I land a 5 point kidney shot in anything but bear form when they are relatively low on health and cross my fingers from there. Any pointers?

Manick Joe said:
How do you go about splitting characters on your account? (Still into it now but I imagine my rogue and druid will fetch me a fair amount of money one day).

Now for an arena question. I finally partenered up with a good Disc Priest for 2s and have hit the druid wall at around ~1640. I'm Shadowstep daggers so it's not that big of a problem staying on a druid inbetween Blind, Crippling Poison, Sprint, Deadly Throw and of course Shadowstep. I just can't outdamage them through their constant healing even with the priest throwing out what damage she can with Shadow Word Pain and such. I can get real close in the span of about 15-25 seconds depending on crits, but by that point a few lifebloom stacks are up with a rejuv and they just sit i n bear and are probably laughiing at my now measly pokes. Obviously can't ignore the druid and ignore the heals between Entangling Roots and Cyclone being spammed on me if left untouched. My only guess is make sure I land a 5 point kidney shot in anything but bear form when they are relatively low on health and cross my fingers from there. Any pointers?
Respec to something serious.. daggers are a huge joke o.o

firex

as far as splitting characters goes, you have to have 2 accounts registered in your name/personal info. then you transfer that character to the new account.

Are mace rogues really that effective? I pretty much destroy any I come across in bgs or arena. It's only when you get two on you and you basically watch an endless barrage of mace stuns and kidney punches til you're dead.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Respec to something serious.. daggers are a huge joke o.o
Instead of being a complete fucking joke of an asshole how about a real answer? Save your e-peen waving for the official boards where you blend in with the rest of the bottom rung.

Hero

Manick Joe said:
Are mace rogues really that effective? I pretty much destroy any I come across in bgs or arena. It's only when you get two on you and you basically watch an endless barrage of mace stuns and kidney punches til you're dead.

Instead of being a complete fucking joke of an asshole how about a real answer? Save your e-peen waving for the official boards where you blend in with the rest of the bottom rung.

Dagger rogues cannot take out warriors. Dagger rogues are handicapped against ShS rogues. Warriors and rogues are dominating the brackets now.

Manick Joe said:

It is a real answer you retard. Everyone who has ever played a rogue knows that daggers are a fucking joke. Excuse me, but its not my fault you're a fucking retard who has to flip out because I'm not treating him like a little baby, cuddling him and sugar coating the truth.. Sheltered by mommy a bit much growing up?

=W=

DarkAngelYuna said:
It is a real answer you retard. Everyone who has ever played a rogue knows that daggers are a fucking joke. Excuse me, but its not my fault you're a fucking retard who has to flip out because I'm not treating him like a little baby, cuddling him and sugar coating the truth.. Sheltered by mommy a bit much growing up?
haha what a ridiculous reply. oh man, thank you so much for speaking to him like an adult and not "sugar coating" the horrible truth that daggers are not as good as other weapons in world of warcraft!

if you want to stick with daggers, go assassination. if you want to stay subtlety, a fast dagger offhand is ok, but you need something much more powerful to mainhand.

=W= said:
haha what a ridiculous reply. oh man, thank you so much for speaking to him like an adult and not "sugar coating" the horrible truth that daggers are not as good as other weapons in world of warcraft!

if you want to stick with daggers, go assassination. if you want to stay subtlety, a fast dagger offhand is ok, but you need something much more powerful to mainhand.
He said he wants to know how to do better at pvp. Daggers are a joke at every single spec in pvp. Daggers = no no if you want to do any serious pvp.

=W=

DarkAngelYuna said:
He said he wants to know how to do better at pvp. Daggers are a joke at every single spec in pvp. Daggers = no no if you want to do any serious pvp.
oh hey, another worthless post. i didn't say you were (completely) wrong. i said you were ridiculous.

like i said, if you want to stay completely daggers for whatever reason, then go mutilate- the downside being the positional requirement of course, so i wouldn't suggest it. however, a very fast offhand dagger with vile poisons and a slow, strong mainhand weapon is perfectly viable with shadowstep.
if you're looking for a decent backstab spec or something, you're pretty much sol.

DarkAngelYuna said:
See that's only half an answer. I said any pointers and you daggers sucked. That's telling me I'm going down the wrong path, but not giving anything about what to fix it. I don't really care about any jokes you'd throw out about my sub-1700 arena rating/spec/my guild that has only cleared ZA, Gruul and Mags/whatever if you still answered it. I like this thread here on GAF as opposed to the official forums because most of you are fairly civil. I swear some of the trolling you guys do in here is ridiculous. If someone is stuck in a puzzle in Zelda they aren't completely belittled for not figuring it out.

Hero

Manick Joe said:
See that's only half an answer. I said any pointers and you daggers sucked. That's telling me I'm going down the wrong path, but not giving anything about what to fix it. I don't really care about any jokes you'd throw out about my sub-1700 arena rating/spec/my guild that has only cleared ZA, Gruul and Mags/whatever if you still answered it. I like this thread here on GAF as opposed to the official forums because most of you are fairly civil. I swear some of the trolling you guys do in here is ridiculous. If someone is stuck in a puzzle in Zelda they aren't completely belittled for not figuring it out.

Shadowstep.

rod

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:

before i quit wow, i had my rogue in several 2s and 3s every few weeks with friends and we'd break 1800s in both divisions. i used daggers.

rod

Banned
iirc didn't your pvp gear come from battlegrounds? like s1 welfare stuff? not that there's anything wrong with that I'm just sayin..

also for what its worth we did crack 2k in 2s a few times, but only iirc low 1900s in 3s. always daggers.the only thing I ever changed sometimes wasnt spec, from
shs to mutil, and vica versa :)

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
Dagger rogues cannot take out warriors. Dagger rogues are handicapped against ShS rogues. Warriors and rogues are dominating the brackets now.

i would ignore Hero, i'm pretty sure he has no high lvl arena experience on his rogue, besides crying about warriors

i dont think he really knows too much about higher end arena

shadowstep rogue/priest cannot beat a halfway decent druid/warrior team

if the rogue is combat or mutilate they have a far better chance to win

for 3v3 arena, shadowstep is better for most comps, but for PMR mutilate provides far better burst

so i'm just adding some perspective from the 2200+ arena brackets

I quit WoW again because it wasn't all that interesting anymore and I have more important things to do this summer, but that Death Knight preview might make me give WoW one more final go around when WotLK comes out. We'll see.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Trying to get 1850+ this late into the season with a less than ideal (read: no druid) group composition is horrible. Arena's are such a shitty, broken waste of time. 90% of the teams you fight, even at the 1600 bracket have shoulders and weapons... and you'll lose like 17 points to them. GG

Tamanon

Banned
Death Knight skills make it look like they'll be incredibly fun to play.

A quick description of some of the spells:
• Death Coil -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing 600 damage to a non-Undead target, or healing 900 damage on a friendly target.
• Death Grip -- This is the Death Knight's "taunt" ability. It also pulls the target to the Death Knight, forcing them to attack the Death Knight for a short amount of time. Yes, I said pulls the target; Blizzard is going to allow players to move mobs in the expansion both with Death Grip, and other knockback/pull abilities. This works on players too, so PvP balance ahoy!
• Chains of Ice -- Roots the target in place. When the spell fades, it places a snare on the target that reduces in potency as the duration runs out.
• Raise Dead -- Raises a nearby corpse to fight for the Death Knight for 2 minutes. If used on a player corpse, the player has the option to play as the ghoul for the duration -- gaining access to the ghoul's abilities.
- The ghoul has the ability to do the following:
-- Leap to the target
-- Rend for decent damage-over-time
-- Stun target, and of course more
• Death Pact -- Sacrifices the raised ghouls to heal the Death Knight.
• Death and Decay -- Targeted, AoE Damage-over-time which pulses similar to the Paladin spell Consecration. Anyone affected by Death and Decay has a chance to be feared.
• Frost Presence -- Increases Armor by 45% and allows the Death Knight to generate 25% more threat. Only one presence can be active at any time.
• Unholy Presence -- Increases Attack Speed and Movement speed by 15%. Only one presence can be active at any time. This was described by Tom Chilton as the "PvP" presence.
• Anti-magic Shield -- Reduces the damage of the next magical spell cast on the Death Knight by 75%. It also converts the damage reduced into Runic Power.
• Strangulate -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing minor damage and silencing the target for up to 5 seconds.
• Summon Deathcharger -- Allows the Death Knight to summon a Deathcharger mount. This mount is acquired through quests, similar to the Paladin and Warlock land mounts.

firex

DK sounds pretty good, which is what I want to hear considering how bored/annoyed I am with my shaman for the most part. I can't decide on staying resto (and having puggers treat me like I'm garbage for not having 1k +healing, even though I'm at like 870) or just going back to enhance.

• Death Grip -- This is the Death Knight's "taunt" ability. It also pulls the target to the Death Knight, forcing them to attack the Death Knight for a short amount of time. Yes, I said pulls the target; Blizzard is going to allow players to move mobs in the expansion both with Death Grip, and other knockback/pull abilities. This works on players too, so PvP balance ahoy!

GET OVER HERE!

Hero

yacobod said:
i would ignore Hero, i'm pretty sure he has no high lvl arena experience on his rogue, besides crying about warriors

i dont think he really knows too much about higher end arena

shadowstep rogue/priest cannot beat a halfway decent druid/warrior team

if the rogue is combat or mutilate they have a far better chance to win

for 3v3 arena, shadowstep is better for most comps, but for PMR mutilate provides far better burst

so i'm just adding some perspective from the 2200+ arena brackets

Or I've gotten 1950 on my rogue in the 2v2 and 3v3 bracket this season. And 1900 on my own warrior in the 5v5 bracket. If you don't know anything, you probably shouldn't make accusations that make yourself look like an asshat.

What the fuck do YOU know about rogues in PVP anyway? You're the moron that wanted to level up your rogue as daggers.

Shadowstep lacks the sustained damage of Combat or the burst of Mutilate but offers much higher mobility. Just because D.priest/rogue is one of the best 2v2 comps doesn't mean it's the only 2v2 comp either. Ever hear of rogue/druid, rogue/mage, or rogue/rogue? Shadowstep is by far the most flexible and most powerful PVP spec for the brackets. Try fighting a frost mage as Combat Maces and you won't make it very far.

I know it's hard for you to comprehend as a warrior, since the skill level required to play a warrior is much less demanding, but there are other successful compositions in 2v2. A new rogue trying to arena PVP with Mutilate or Combat Maces is going to get dominated. Shadowstep has a lot of cooldowns to play with and the best mobility of the rogue specs. Sure, once you get towards the 2K+ bracket and you start seeing LOL DRUID/WARR AGAIN then it's probably time to change specs, but before then ShS > all.

Here you go, some statistical evidence (you do know what that is, right?) that ShS is the best and most popular spec for arena. http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/2/all/rogue/all/all/

Oh my gosh, only 58% of high level rogues go shadowstep. Compared to 8% that are combat! And less than 3% are mutilate!

Maybe you should learn to stop being an asshat and start learning to shut your mouth because all you've done in the WoW thread is criticize others just because they don't fit into your preconceived notion of how WoW is for YOU. I called you out on this last time but you seemingly ignored my posts until I said I was interested in selling my warlock.

Alex

I just hope they fix daggers for PvE at least. Sword Rogues in raids are chumps, and deserve to be constantly beaten by skilled Dagger Rogues in raid environments who can backstab gigantic spastic eyeball bosses!

firex

I'm just hoping they take a look at some of the little stuff that annoys me like no pushback talent in elemental, talent costs/placement for the pushback talents for healers and so on. Oh, and if DKs either get the full load of talent points a regular class will or if they only get 25, and if so, how much better it will be if they're either long talent trees with 1-3 point investments at most or short talent trees with maybe 15 total points to spend on a tree. And if so, how that will make normal talents (i.e. "put 5 points into a minor improvement to a spell/stat to unlock something that's actually cool!") look, and what the reaction to that will be among people sticking with the current 9 classes.

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
Or I've gotten 1950 on my rogue in the 2v2 and 3v3 bracket this season. And 1900 on my own warrior in the 5v5 bracket.

keep at it bro, you might get those shoulders before next season

1900 bracket is a joke

Hero said:
What the fuck do YOU know about rogues in PVP anyway? You're the moron that wanted to level up your rogue as daggers.

i just bought a lvl 70 ud rogue for $250 on sunday, the rogue has kinda average gear with like 2 piece s2, 1 piece s1, and 1 piece s3 with season 2 maces, i am playing shadowstep specced 20/0/41, and yes the class is super easy to play, in 2 nights play i already hit 1850 to buy my s3 mh mace, rogues are easy as hell to pick up and play imo

and ya i was going to lvl that particular rogue with daggers because 1) the character was tricked out with some of the best available gear at lvl 60 pre-expansion WoW and 2) they were epic quality weapons that were FAR better than some crappy blue/green sword or mace i could have got otherwise while questing so w/e, and i shelved that rogue at lvl 63 in favor of lvling my gnome mage to 70, so not sure why you even bring that up

it would be like making fun of a lvl 60 warrior for using the dark edge of insanity while leveling, because swords or maces are better

Hero said:
Shadowstep lacks the sustained damage of Combat or the burst of Mutilate but offers much higher mobility. Just because D.priest/rogue is one of the best 2v2 comps doesn't mean it's the only 2v2 comp either. Ever hear of rogue/druid, rogue/mage, or rogue/rogue? Shadowstep is by far the most flexible and most powerful PVP spec for the brackets. Try fighting a frost mage as Combat Maces and you won't make it very far.

I know it's hard for you to comprehend as a warrior, since the skill level required to play a warrior is much less demanding, but there are other successful compositions in 2v2.

WRONG

i never said shadowstep was bad, to the contrary i said that shadowstep was probably better for more comps as its far more versatile (for the reasons you mentioned), but i provided situations & comps where combat and mutilate are better than shadowstep

and i will repeat that in 2v2 with a disc priest, mutilate is WAY better than shadowstep, shadowstep dmg is laughable, and druid/warrior will farm you 100% of the time if they are decent, since the rogue puts out 0 pressure on the warrior, leaving the druid free to drink, while the warrior can tank the rogues dmg, we could beat shadowstep rogue/disc priest w/out me ever having to use my 2handed weapon, it was as close to a free win as you could have

mutilate can be better w/PMR as their burst dmg is retarded in combination with mage burst, depending on how offensively the team plays

basically you said that any rogue that wasnt shadowstep was bad or dumb, i think you basically said "bad rogue is bad" or something retarded along those lines, i provided examples to prove you otherwise, no shit that most rogues are specced shadowstep, its a good build, and LOL at cheating death

fuck if we want to go back 10-15 pages back in this thread, i remember you crying about how bad rogues were in arena, and i remember posting back then that you were pretty stupid because rogues are really good in 2v2 or 3v3 as shadowstep, and now they are really good in 5v5 in certain setups as well, i believe rogues have surpassed or equaled warriors in overall arena representation, so ya i suspect all your bitching about rogues was just an awful player venting

fyi i sold my warrior a few weeks ago, after playing rogue for 5 days total or so i'm pretty confident in saying that rogue are way easier to pick up and play than a warrior

warrior requires far more situational awareness, quick target swaps, knowing when to go defensive and avoiding gibs, how to manage your GCDs and your rage bar, when to spell reflect, knowing when to intervene your partner in order to eat a blind, there's so many little things that go into a well played warrior

sure you can be ok as a warrior spamming hamstring and MS and getting well timed mace stuns, but theres a lot more to it

as a rogue you are forced to basically tunnel vision a target due to combo points, in most 3v3 or 5v5 compositions, rogues will never be the focus target, and as shadowstep they are not really a desireable focus target anyways, so they dont require the babysitting a warrior does, rogues can play more like RAMBO and not worry about getting gibbed due to CLOS, cheating death, etc etc

i don't see whats so hard/skillful about having to focus blind

i'm not going to say i'm a rogue expert by any means, but given another month of play i am confident that i can play the class at a high lvl

anyone saying rogue is more difficult to play than warrior is way off base imo

Kosma

Banned
So lets say WOTLK comes out. Can I make a Dark Knight, then transfer my level 70 druid to a second account and start duo accounting?

Hero

yacobod said:
keep at it bro, you might get those shoulders before next season

1900 bracket is a joke

My partner is taking a break from WoW, don't really care to get someone else for shoulders seeing as how they're a minimal upgrade. But of course anything sub 2K is a joke to you, LOL AMIRITE?

i just bought a lvl 70 ud rogue for $250 on sunday, the rogue has kinda average gear with like 2 piece s2, 1 piece s1, and 1 piece s3 with season 2 maces, i am playing shadowstep specced 20/0/41, and yes the class is super easy to play, in 2 nights play i already hit 1850 to buy my s3 mh mace, rogues are easy as hell to pick up and play imo

So basically you are proving my point that a rogue with semi-decent gear should spec Shadowstep to get 1850 for weapons. Thanks.

and i will repeat that in 2v2 with a disc priest, mutilate is WAY better than shadowstep, shadowstep dmg is laughable, and druid/warrior will farm you 100% of the time if they are decent, since the rogue puts out 0 pressure on the warrior, leaving the druid free to drink, while the warrior can tank the rogues dmg, we could beat shadowstep rogue/disc priest w/out me ever having to use my 2handed weapon, it was as close to a free win as you could have

Again, I'm going to repeat myself here. Mutilate is great at higher end play when over 50% of your matches are going to be Warr/Druid, but there's no reason to play as Mutilate from 1500 on up because you're going to have a greater chance of your mobility being exploited. Druid/warr is a hard match up for d.priest/rogue no matter what the specs are. Mutilate only shines with improved kidney shot and warriors are going to be resisting a fair amount of your stuns and it's a lot harder to get Mutilate going off efficiently. Mutilate also has a higher learning curve and more positional requirements, so for someone starting out pvping why would you tell them to go mutilate?
mutilate can be better w/PMR as their burst dmg is retarded in combination with mage burst, depending on how offensively the team plays

Yes, okay.
basically you said that any rogue that wasnt shadowstep was bad or dumb, i think you basically said "bad rogue is bad" or something retarded along those lines, i provided examples to prove you otherwise, no shit that most rogues are specced shadowstep, its a good build, and LOL at cheating death
Actually, I said "dumb rogue is dumb" because the poster said "Daggers is awesome" which was my referring primarily to his grammar. And also in part because daggers used to be the premier PVP spec pre-TBC, whereas I don't even remember the last time I had Backstab on my tool bar or even used on me in a combat log. Considering that the rogue class icon is a pair of daggers it's kind of humorous considering 75% or more of the rogue PVP community is either swords or maces.

fuck if we want to go back 10-15 pages back in this thread, i remember you crying about how bad rogues were in arena, and i remember posting back then that you were pretty stupid because rogues are really good in 2v2 or 3v3 as shadowstep, and now they are really good in 5v5 in certain setups as well, i believe rogues have surpassed or equaled warriors in overall arena representation, so ya i suspect all your bitching about rogues was just an awful player venting

That's because back when I was posting rogues weren't as great? I believe I was bitching because they took away HARP and Shadowstep up until the most recent changes was still a joke. The last time they changed rogues they added +15% crit to Mutilate builds, Shadowstep was made useful, and all the armor penetration gear got introduced. So since then rogues have come a long way, I don't see what there is to argue. Around the time I posted that rogues were no where near dominant as they are now. I just stated that warriors and rogues are dominating in PVP now, which is to be expected now since melee classes scale much better than caster classes with better gear.

fyi i sold my warrior a few weeks ago, after playing rogue for 5 days total or so i'm pretty confident in saying that rogue are way easier to pick up and play than a warrior

So in five days you've had enough experience to deem the entire class? Right..
warrior requires far more situational awareness, quick target swaps, knowing when to go defensive and avoiding gibs, how to manage your GCDs and your rage bar, when to spell reflect, knowing when to intervene your partner in order to eat a blind, there's so many little things that go into a well played warrior

None of this is done in 2v2. 5v5 is a bit involved, but to avoid gibs is just making a defensive stance + equip sword+shield macro and abusing LOS. Not really that hard.

as a rogue you are forced to basically tunnel vision a target due to combo points, in most 3v3 or 5v5 compositions, rogues will never be the focus target, and as shadowstep they are not really a desireable focus target anyways, so they dont require the babysitting a warrior does, rogues can play more like RAMBO and not worry about getting gibbed due to CLOS, cheating death, etc etc
Thanks again for proving my point on why most all rogues should just go shadowstep. Rogues aren't focused because they have so many escape abilities to begin with, and if they're shadowstep they get twice the cooldowns and cheat death. So once again, if good players recognize the rogue isn't shadowstep then he becomes a good target. So if you're Mutilate or Combat Maces and start getting focused, better use your one set of cooldowns efficiently because that's all you've got.

i don't see whats so hard/skillful about having to focus blind

It's not hard. But managing your energy/CP's is at LEAST equal to managing a warrior's rage bar, but you're also more handicapped because you can't easily switch targets and RNG can decide your fate in a lot of games.

anyone saying rogue is more difficult to play than warrior is way off base imo

The difference is warriors are consistent with their damage and abilities. Mortal Strike and Hamstring are, for the most part, guaranteed to stay on the target. It's so fucking simple to play a warrior effectively, though I will agree there is a difference between a bad warrior and a good warrior.

If the rogue class is so easy to play then I guess it won't be that hard for you to get 2K rating with Mutilate in a month. You're obviously a skilled player but I still think you're going to be in for a rude awakening if you think you can just get daggers, spec mutilate, and expect the same kind of easiness or consistency that is warrior/druid. Maybe you'll do it, maybe you won't, but you're still a dick.

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
None of this is done in 2v2. 5v5 is a bit involved, but to avoid gibs is just making a defensive stance + equip sword+shield macro and abusing LOS. Not really that hard.

all of that stuff is done in 2v2, and is more important in small bracket play imo, double dps teams are the hardest comp for warrior/druid to handle, mage/rogue, lock/rogue, spriest/rogue are the hardest game for warrior/druid, and thats what separates 2.3k+ war/druid from lets say 2k warrior/druid

warrior's most important job in 5v5 is keeping up MS on the focus target, and for quick target swaps w/a quick intercept/hamstring/MS and pew pew pew

Hero said:
If the rogue class is so easy to play then I guess it won't be that hard for you to get 2K rating with Mutilate in a month. You're obviously a skilled player but I still think you're going to be in for a rude awakening if you think you can just get daggers, spec mutilate, and expect the same kind of easiness or consistency that is warrior/druid. Maybe you'll do it, maybe you won't, but you're still a dick.

i'm not arguing with you, i agree that shadowstep is the best overall rogue pvp spec, i never said that mutilate or combat was better (for certain comps/brackets they may be, but overall no way), i will stay shadowstep for the foreseeable future on my rogue, until i can get a full s3 set + weapons, then i'll worry about picking up a main hand dagger for a change of pace, but that wasnt my point

since patch 2.3 (December 07) was released shadowstep has been the number 1 rogue spec, they didnt change anything to it since then, besides nerfing cheat death as far as i can remember

so i dont know, perhaps i was a bit of a dick and i apologize, but at the same time you have a pretty bad rep for bitching about rogues when i always thought they were a pretty strong class overall

so i'll extend the olive branch, rogues are fun, and shadowstep is noob friendly and effective with below optimal gear, so i'll agree to that

and for bg grinding, i think it probably is the best spec too

Alex

When you extend the olive branch, poke him in the eye with it. His opinion is different than yours! DONT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THAT SHIT.

I can't decide if I wanna be a Shaman or a Priest in the expansion. I'm throwing away all of my legacy characters!... Again! I had done well on my Priest but I was Shadow, and lord I hated it, I quit leveling my Shaman in the mid-60's when I decided I didn't even wanna play casual, and just wanted to wait for LK.

No matter what I'm gonna heal... I think I'll go with the Shaman though. I think I always had the most fun with their mechanics.

yacobod

Banned
Alex said:
When you extend the olive branch, poke him in the eye with it. His opinion is different than yours! DONT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THAT SHIT.

I can't decide if I wanna be a Shaman or a Priest in the expansion. I'm throwing away all of my legacy characters!... Again! I had done well on my Priest but I was Shadow, and lord I hated it, I quit leveling my Shaman in the mid-60's when I decided I didn't even wanna play casual, and just wanted to wait for LK.

No matter what I'm gonna heal... I think I'll go with the Shaman though. I think I always had the most fun with their mechanics.

i'm guessing shaman are going to be the druids of WotLK

just throwing that out there

Tamanon

Banned
So, anybody leveled a priest recently?

I'm 62 now on my shadow priest and contemplating switching to Holy. Does the questing really slow down as Holy? I mean I did 60-70 on a Holy paladin and it still went at a good pace.

Alex

Questing, well, killing is a lot slower as Holy or Disc, sadly, but it's still doable in Outlands especially, if you take the DPS talents. I've leveled two Priests, but I went Holy the second time just because I really dislike Shadow and I was playing with a friend.

firex

Personally I don't like playing a resto shaman without someone to duo stuff with, and I hate it in groups. It's the weakest healing spec I've played... and tbh outside of NS, mana tide and ES the class is basically just a really fucking gimp holy paladin with a potential 3-target heal (with, I swear to fucking god, the worst range ever for chaining). I'm not saying resto is horrible and needs buffing or anything, but it's definitely not the shaman's strong suit anymore.

Spruchy

firex said:
Personally I don't like playing a resto shaman without someone to duo stuff with, and I hate it in groups. It's the weakest healing spec I've played... and tbh outside of NS, mana tide and ES the class is basically just a really fucking gimp holy paladin with a potential 3-target heal (with, I swear to fucking god, the worst range ever for chaining). I'm not saying resto is horrible and needs buffing or anything, but it's definitely not the shaman's strong suit anymore.

God its funny how wrong you are. No offense I really really am not trying to sound like super elite WoW player, but less then 1k healing is garbage for 70 and you should not be talking about the class like you have played it at a level where you know the ins and outs. To be helpful I suggest doing some normal instances (about where your gear is at) and getting some blues until you're at 1200ish + heal, then start running kara weekly and you're gear will be at a level where you'll appreciate how OP chain heal is.

Short version, basically resto shamans are arguably the best healer in the game.

Eric WK

Spruchy said:
Short version, basically resto shamans are arguably the best healer in the game.

Yes, and to say that Resto is "not the shaman's strong suit anymore," is just absurd as far as I'm concerned.

yacobod

Banned
Eric WK said:
Yes, and to say that Resto is "not the shaman's strong suit anymore," is just absurd as far as I'm concerned.

ya everything i've read indicate that resto shaman are pve beasts, especially once outfitted with 2200 healing and shit

also resto shaman are pretty good in 2v2 arena now paired with rogues or warriors as well

Alex

Shaman are insane in PvE, especially raiding, once you hit BT you really start to hurt for more of them unless you have some mystical flow of Resto Shaman, especially as Alliance.

I'm not a huge fan of them in BGs and Arenas still, well, I wasn't when I stopped a few months ago, in terms of potency, they're a slice better in 2v2 and 3v3 than the Paladin, but don't have the overwhelming presence in 5v5 Paladin has to compensate (although non-Paladin teams seemed to be coming into fashion in 2000+ 5's when I quit, but I dunno how that's progressed). I'm sure it's better now though, I quit before the little buff patch they got.

My thing about the Shaman class, is that it is FUN. It is a really fun class, with nice aesthetics and good ground to build on, it has a ton of good abilities and talents. The PvP flaws of the class can be really obnoxious at times, but they're very apparent and something I think it's something that'll be easily swept away with the basic upgrades in Lich King. Just needs a small defense, or a second healer synergy or a bit of extra mobility probably outside of just instant Ghost Wolf (that must be so nice now though).

I had played as a Holy Paladin for a long time, and having no active abilities, coupled with the class shortcomings and the near unanimous opinion that it's just SO BORING was giving me headaches. I mean, I had played that sucker hard before BC too, and Paladins did not get one good new Holy spell in BC! What a drag, you know, truth be told I never really felt like I deserved my Gladiator rating playing that thing. I mean I'm a pretty good, very educated WoW player, but everyone always seemed to be working harder than me, simply because they had the tools to do so. Paladins really need like... a shield toss silence or something, or a judgment on the baseline that's worth judging outside of PvE beyond Justice on Druids.Just something to make the class more interactive.

Unlike Shaman, Paladin would take a little more to spruce up, namely a sledge hammer taken to Divine Shield in order to put a couple of active abilities would be nice. You can't really help it out without hurting it first, due to just how obscene Divine Shield is in 5v5.

Anyway, rambling aside, I really hope that 2v2 Death Knight/Shaman will be a good combo in arena in LK, because that's what I want to do with a friend. Kick all my established characters to the side, toil away at my new Shaman and just do 10 man's and 2v2.

CassSept

Resto shamans are op healers, and enh shamans insanely boost melee group

For rogues, Shadowstep ftw in PvP. Best PvP spec by far. Daggers are a joke.

About WotLK. Except for the riddiculously WRONG decision for 10/25 setting for ALL raids, i love the expansion. And the design of Northrend is amazing.

firex

wow, I didn't realize if you get enough gear a resto shaman can actually be good, because it's garbage beyond reconciling with low end gear. I know chain heal is overpowered with enough gear but the 2 regular heals are absolutely shit and you only use chain heal while raiding... I would personally much rather go enhance where you can put out amazing dps with a pair of green weapons but that's because I don't raid and have no shot at getting into pugs for anything but 5 mans. All I can really do is grind honor for those epics maybe. I'll give it another try after s2 is on the vendors.

edit: I mostly meant versatility and not power anyway. I hate the lack of versatility resto shamans have compared to druids/priests, although priests are far from OP and shamans don't get anything as ridiculous as lolifebloom. shamans/paladins basically share the "big healing numbers" niche with the shaman being able to multi-target heal at the expense of the worst quick heal in the game and an average slow heal. I would say in BGs at least a resto shaman is actually pretty good, but you can't judge it on pugs or retarded premade teammates. When you work in a group they are awesome since you get focus fired but can actually survive it, which lets your dps kill off their healers, but in 5 mans I'd seriously say they are mediocre as healers compared to what enhance brings to the table. At least their talent trees are all viable though, which is more than I can say for my other 70, that paladin I made like a year+ ago.

I hate totems, but they'll get fixed when blizz gets around to it in WotLK so that's only a problem for now. I hate the resto talents. Not because they're particularly bad, but because everyone else's healing talents are a lot better. I think that will also get addressed in WotLK, at least I hope, because the points spent:value ratio is very very terrible imo, and you get almost nothing out of utility from the tree, which should be what shamans are all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom