• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Who the hell "depends" on CD? It's a passive ability. Except now it's good at absorbing one hit and that's all. It is not worth the three point investment that's deep in the PVP tree. Bring it down to one point and lower the resilience requirement and maybe it'll be balanced again.

Also, Cheat Death is not equivalent to a Bubble. Cheat Death lasts a few seconds and only reduces damage taken for that amount, Bubble is immunity for what, 12 seconds? You can't compare them.

Hero said:
Who the hell "depends" on CD? It's a passive ability. Except now it's good at absorbing one hit and that's all. It is not worth the three point investment that's deep in the PVP tree. Bring it down to one point and lower the resilience requirement and maybe it'll be balanced again.

Also, Cheat Death is not equivalent to a Bubble. Cheat Death lasts a few seconds and only reduces damage taken for that amount, Bubble is immunity for what, 12 seconds? You can't compare them.
About every rogue on the rogue forum it looks like since the patch went live :D

Chris R

Hero said:
Pre-patch, CD was better than a bubble imo. Activated on its own, and allowed the rogue to finish you off while its still up, where the bubble needs to be done by the player, and if you catch the pally unaware you can try to burst them down before they can react. Now it seems to be exactly what it needs to be, an oh shit this other player might be able to kill me, time to vanish and get out of dodge.

rhfb said:
Pre-patch, CD was better than a bubble imo. Activated on its own, and allowed the rogue to finish you off while its still up, where the bubble needs to be done by the player, and if you catch the pally unaware you can try to burst them down before they can react. Now it seems to be exactly what it needs to be, an oh shit this other player might be able to kill me, time to vanish and get out of dodge.

LOL ok whatever. Better than a bubble? 3 seconds of 80% reduced damage when you're under 10% is better than 10 or whatever seconds of complete immunity for a class that can heal themselves? OK.

Chris R

I was just saying that in a 1v1 the rogue usually is able to finish you off in those three seconds, where when a pally bubbles, usually they focus on healing themselves back to full, giving you time to back up and prepare for life two. Not dying right as you are about to kill someone > dying right as you are about to kill someone, thats all.

TheExodu5

Banned
Anyone here on Skullcrusher?

Started playing again a few weeks ago...I'm a level 55 Gnome Rogue so far. :)

Meet Prinny:
WoWScrnShot_071208_225203-1.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I pretty much started on my warrior again and was wondering what the best enchants would be on my gear if someone could help me? I'm all about BG/PVP and all I want is crit chance basically.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thrall&n=Seiken

I'm currently AV:ing my ass off for the last couple of gear :/

Weenerz

Banned
Your enchants look fine to me, only 2 things I would really change, put +6 stats to chest and that minor speed +9 stam boot enchant, I think its either boar's or cats swiftness.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Weenerz said:
Your enchants look fine to me, only 2 things I would really change, put +6 stats to chest and that minor speed +9 stam boot enchant, I think its either boar's or cats swiftness.
This one? http://thottbot.com/s34008

Thanks, I'll go for that and the +6 stats on chest!

Congrats, that is the first gnome I have ever seen that I wouldn't completley be embarassed playing. I just can't get into gnomes or dwarves at all after a few different shots.

Yoshichan

I didn't get in :(

TheExodu5

Banned
Manick Joe said:
Congrats, that is the first gnome I have ever seen that I wouldn't completley be embarassed playing. I just can't get into gnomes or dwarves at all after a few different shots.

Hehe...he's really grown on me. :D

I should take a picture with full defias gear and a black hat...looks sweet. I kept the gear just for that.

MMaRsu

Here's a pic of my lvl 51 hunter :

wowscrnshot_071808_081308836.jpg

And I took this a couple of levels back, but I thought this was a really nice screenshot myself :)

wowscrnshot_071708_055540241.jpg

Kweh

What’s a good race for an Alliance priest, is it still Dwarves that are considered the best? How are Draenei Priests? I’m quite interested in playing a Draenei, but a Male Draenei Priest would look pretty stupid I think!

yacobod

Banned
if you are going draenei roll a female, male draenei look so stupid, while female draenei are among the best models alliance side imo

i'd say ne or dwarf is your best bet as priest, star shards are pretty good in pvp, and now that everyone has fear ward who cares, maybe go with what you like best visually

Kweh

I don’t particularly like playing as female avatar’s, so it’s a toss up between male Draenei and Dwarf I think at the moment. It will be cool to play as a Draenei, as I’ve not checked out their area at all, and I’ve looked at some images of high level male Draenei Priests andI think they look pretty good actually.

I am guessing there’s not many of them either.

Tamanon

Banned
So, anyone have an idea for a PvE server with a decent-sized horde population? I'm thinking of resubbing and rolling a Blood Elf Mage.

Chris R

will they be sending more invites out? Also, what exactly was the time difference between TBC beta and final? Might just let my current account expire if the time is going to be something like 3 or 4 months, as I can't really raid right now, and my mage is horrible at pvp because I kinda refuse to spec frost :lol

Tamanon

Banned
I'd say if there's no code-breaking problems, we'll probably have WotLK by November or so.

And invites for the Beta will go out in waves.

BTW, Blizzard, for those of us reinstalling the game. Learn to design a singular patch instead of me now being on my fifth patch downloaded in a row!

bengraven

:D

That friend who's friend works at Blizzard I've mentioned a few times? Sent me an email:

Wrath of the Lich King™ Beta Test
You have been selected to participate in the beta test of World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King™. Welcome!

In the beta test you’ll get an opportunity to test the first zones of the new Northrend continent, and the new levels above 70. We look forward to your feedback on the overall experience, including quests, monsters, zones, aesthetics, and more. We would also appreciate reports on any bugs you may encounter. These can be logged using the /bug command explained below.

Blizzard employees giving beta keys to their friends who give beta keys to their friends. Gotta love paying it forward. :D

BTW, Blizzard, for those of us reinstalling the game. Learn to design a singular patch instead of me now being on my fifth patch downloaded in a row!

I agree. I took me five hours to download World of Warcraft when my copy glitched a few months ago during a Windows re-install. I had to use CDs for WoW then the digital download for BC and both were an agonizing experience with their patches.

Xabora

Moved to the official topic:

Shadows!
config.wtf - SET extShadowQuality "X"
in-game - /console extShadowQuality X
- Valid numbers range from 0 (old shadow system) - 6.
2 and up seems to deal with the distance of the shadows

Currently only available for PCs. Macs may see this feature down the road.

Server-side configurations
Macros and chat box windows seem to be stored server-side.

Sounds - Software surround sound simulation for stereo headphones
config.wtf - SET Sound_EnableSoftwareHRTF "1"
- Make sure you do not have "Use Hardware" checked in the in-game Sound Options if you want to try this feature.

bengraven said:

That friend who's friend works at Blizzard I've mentioned a few times? Sent me an email:

Blizzard employees giving beta keys to their friends who give beta keys to their friends. Gotta love paying it forward. :D

I agree. I took me five hours to download World of Warcraft when my copy glitched a few months ago during a Windows re-install. I had to use CDs for WoW then the digital download for BC and both were an agonizing experience with their patches.
Aww I want a beta key. :(

burgerdog

Official thread! Awesome, I've just been messing around with Death Knight while my Alpha characters unlock. The game is so good I can't wait to try the rest of the zones.

Twig

Banned
bengraven said:

What about fellow forum members of friends of friends?

*puppy dog eyes*

Alex

Wow the Barber Shop is cheap! I was thinking they'd do something insane like LOL 3000G HAIRCUT

I'm just going to casually peck at my Shadow turned Disc Priest for the rest of BC, and help a friend get his Rogue back up to at least basic BG speed.

firex

The screenshot I saw had it as like 1s 92c, but it's probably like LOTRO where it will change based upon how much you alter.

Alex

Years later, WSG still enrages me to no fucking end. Worst BG of all time by a landslide if you try to pug it.

Alex

Im having a bad week with BG's. I dropped my Paladin and picked up my Priest and my main, so I've been doing light work on it, and I've lost like 8 AB's in a row trying to get badges.

The kicker is that they all were close, and lost by about 50 points each. Fuuuccckkkk.

Chris R

Alex said:
Years later, WSG still enrages me to no fucking end. Worst BG of all time by a landslide if you try to pug it.
It is the worst bg ever. Wish they would fix it, games take way too long and never give good honor, even if you win.

Should just scrap the flag in each base idea and make a single flag in the middle that you have to grab and bring back to your base. For the 2nd and 3rd cap you could make the flag slow the carrier down or something.

firex

It could still be a horrible camp fest. They should just make it so you can cap the flag even if yours is out and gone. you know, just like ctf mode in every FPS ever, which is what they ripped off for WSG!

I'm just hoping the new BG and Lake Wintergrasp will be worth playing at 80 since they sound fun.

border

firex said:
It could still be a horrible camp fest. They should just make it so you can cap the flag even if yours is out and gone.
Yeah, that's really been the obvious fix for WSG for quite some time. I'm always frustrated when interviewers never ask the Blizzard guys about that sort of thing.

I guess it might turn the game into a zergfest race though.....but that's better than the turtlefest it's been for years.

I wouldn't mind the current ruleset if the honor awarded somehow scaled to the amount of time spent playing, but as-is the whole game is mostly just frustration for very minor rewards.

bengraven

border said:
Are beta invites locked to your account or will people be selling beta keys as in previous years? :D

My friend was given 5 of them for participating in the Friends and Family alpha. He gave me mine and said that if I get one from the opt-in I can sell it, since it won't be attached to my account.

You actually attach the key to your account on Worldofwarcraft.com after following a link in the email, so you can use any key you get on your one account.

Wow the Barber Shop is cheap! I was thinking they'd do something insane like LOL 3000G HAIRCUT

I'm just going to casually peck at my Shadow turned Disc Priest for the rest of BC, and help a friend get his Rogue back up to at least basic BG speed.

As soon as it installs, I'll find out for you. I'm thinking it's like respeccing: the more you do it the more it charges you.

Ugh, my gf is going to be spending 100g a cut in a few months, I can promise you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom