• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Not in game right now, never used it but isn't it F1?

Only works when grouped though, nvm works when not grouped to, wasn't paying attention when I tried. Besides that are you asking because you want to target yourself to heal/buff etc while soloing? If so, there is a toggle in the Interface Options to where it auto targets you if your not targeting another player to buff/heal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Epix

Thanks. It's just a pain to to try and heal yourself while you're in combat and have the enemy selected, by having to physically click yourself.

Carm

Epix said:
Thanks. It's just a pain to to try and heal yourself while you're in combat and have the enemy selected, by having to physically click yourself.

Go into Interface options and toggle on Auto Self Cast, under Combat tab

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I haven't played a 70 in awhile so I forgot how lame Cheat Death is. 65 rogue attacks my 60 paladin, takes me about 3 minutes but I damage him down to Hammer of Wrath range and after he uses a pot I DPS him down again, use Hammer of Wrath and Cheat Death kicks in. I'm dead about 3 seconds later. So lame : /

Carm

Ysiadmihi said:
I haven't played a 70 in awhile so I forgot how lame Cheat Death is. 65 rogue attacks my 60 paladin, takes me about 3 minutes but I damage him down to Hammer of Wrath range and after he uses a pot I DPS him down again, use Hammer of Wrath and Cheat Death kicks in. I'm dead about 3 seconds later. So lame : /

Don't worry they are nerfing CD in the next patch. In it's current form on Test Server the talent is completely useless to any rogue that isn't lvl 70 and in full resilience gear. Will be the only talent based around how much resilience you have.

It's a pretty shitty way to try to fix the problem of some rogues going into arena with T6 and warglaives instead of pvp gear. In the end, it really only hurts all rogues below lvl 70 and the fresh lvl 70 ones that have low resilience.

Chris R

Just burned like 600g today to power level jewelcrafting from 200 to 300 :( at least it is easy from now on, and I got tons of adamantite sitting by to prospect. doing tons of dailys every day this week to make that money back

CassSept

rhfb said:
Just burned like 600g today to power level jewelcrafting from 200 to 300 :( at least it is easy from now on, and I got tons of adamantite sitting by to prospect. doing tons of dailys every day this week to make that money back
Every day? Damn, 600g is two and a half of day, if you do them every day you will get 2.8k gold :p

Hero

Ysiadmihi said:

If you were any other class besides a paladin it would be okay to bitch about Cheat Death.

Chris R

CassSept said:
Every day? Damn, 600g is two and a half of day, if you do them every day you will get 2.8k gold :p
I only do the island ones now that I've gotten that down to about 45 mins, and then the goggles in nagrand and the 8 dust from mining.

Weenerz

Banned
I love me some epic flying mount herb farming. I purchased my flyer yesterday, and I dont even want to do dailys today because I did about an hour or so of farming herbs and I'm back up to 800g. :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jesus Christ, just spent 4k on fucking jewels... hey at least I've got enough crit rate + AP to kill anything now.

Alex

Hero said:
If you were any other class besides a paladin it would be okay to bitch about Cheat Death.

Yeah, those unkillable fuckers, able to get a spell off for 12 seconds every five minutes.

Alex

You filthy mother fuckers, as soon as I spend a month picking a new character of mine to play

Quite honestly one of the reasons we saved paladins for last is because there is a lot we wanted to change with them. Paladins are changing probably more than any other class. The tiny little bit you heard at the WWI is just the beginning.

The discussion about a new healing spell was just to say yes, we think paladins need another healing mechanic. It isn’t finished yet. We don’t want to just hand them a thinly disguised druid or priest spell. We also want paladins to tank more actively and want retribution paladins to have a little better control over their damage without the bursts feeling quite so random. (And no, that’s not all we’re looking at).

It’s all coming. It’s just a lot of work. Try to stay positive. Everyone in the alpha was invited because they have a close connection to someone at Blizzard. You’re here because we value your feedback.

Chris R

So after spending the 600 on getting JC to 300, I've almost made half that back today in farming ore and prospecting/creating gems :lol and thats just from fel iron ore. Can't wait till I get to my backstock of adamantite. Turning 5 fel iron ore into a living ruby = WIN

Ah yes; Cheat Death. Allows rogues to pvp in pve gear, fuck with their normal mortal enemies the Warriors, and exhaust even the most well geared clothies who've pulled out all the stops to get them down that far mano y mano.

Granted, like the man said up there, this is dicking a skill that may not should have been in there anywhere NEAR that powerful (shades of Ice Lance here) down so far, only the very people who'd youd need that not to kick in for the most (ie ones geared to the teeth in S4). A better way would make it a manual skill, but it makes the Rogue loose all combo points and energy. As it stood until now, it was arguably as good as Bubble with the same offensive potential as un-CD.

witness

I LOVE my shaman. He's awesome, after getting windfury I'm just tearing through everything, he's 33 currently. I'm using a 1h and shield, the 1h from the end of the stalvan quest line. I can't wait to get dual wield at 40. I wish the new patch with lvl 30 mounts would come out already! At this rate I'm gonna hit 40 and still be waiting for it, hopefully we get it on tuesday though. I don't know how much time I'll have to raid with him before lich king comes out so I think he's destined to just get s2 stuff, at least the weapons, before lich comes out.

Hero

Cheat Death back when it was bugged was flamingly overpowered but it's fine in it's current state. It allows the rogue to live for a few more seconds but as long as you keep up the dps he'll drop. I understand the frustration some might have in 1v1 with it but it's fucking called Cheat Death, what do you expect? It's getting nerfed pretty hard in the next patch and it's kind of silly since it'll be tied into resilience. I think it'll be a questionable 3 point investment when the changes go through.

The talent has gone through a lot of changes, it's kind of amusing.

Cheat Death is on a one minute cooldown. That's its biggest problem.

Granted, like the man said up there, this is dicking a skill that may not should have been in there anywhere NEAR that powerful (shades of Ice Lance here) down so far, only the very people who'd youd need that not to kick in for the most (ie ones geared to the teeth in S4). A better way would make it a manual skill, but it makes the Rogue loose all combo points and energy. As it stood until now, it was arguably as good as Bubble with the same offensive potential as un-CD.

Not really, no. Rogues actually wearing pvp gear aren't nearly as big a problem as the monsters running around with glaives and 4/4. This is a good nerf. And making it an on use skill wouldn't be anything close to a nerf.

yacobod

Banned
shadowstep rogues with warglaives and 4/8 slayer + 4 piece pvp gear are like a completely different class

its pretty retarded the dmg they can put out

SatelliteOfLove said:
Ah yes; Cheat Death. Allows rogues to pvp in pve gear, fuck with their normal mortal enemies the Warriors, and exhaust even the most well geared clothies who've pulled out all the stops to get them down that far mano y mano.

This is the key point here, to give them extended life with a hiccup to their outburst so they have to think about blowing stuff early before they want to in anticipation of living longer. Some actual penalties for being able to be successful in PvE gear and giving a cast heal a better chance of landing in the form of damage output for the next few seconds is good; as it stands now it's almost "your life for mine".

As will stand in the future, we'll have have crappily geared rogues who need it most not getting much at all, yada yada. I'm still wondering the thinking of making the power of PvP stat magnify its own power like that.

S2 geared rogues have just as much resil as S4 ones. This isn't nearly as problematic as you are making it out to be. It's now crap in pve, sure; but... who cares?

Hero

The thing is, the PVE geared rogues will still tear targets up so quickly that I doubt the opposition will even really have a chance to put them into the Cheat Death zone.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Hero said:
The thing is, the PVE geared rogues will still tear targets up so quickly that I doubt the opposition will even really have a chance to put them into the Cheat Death zone.
Actually if it wasn't for Cheat Death, rogues wouldn't last 10 seconds vs me. I usually have them down to that CD area in a few hits (always depends on resil, how fast they put up CoS etc

Burst damage is so high on a lot of classes that the CD effect has been almost a needed effect to even survive. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy killing rogues, but my rogue will not really enjoy this change...hehe

Ashodin

Big Bear Mount from the next TCG expansion - I bought a box of Hunt for Illidan and I got the Ethereal Plunderer... worth about $300 on ebay :D

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Well I have started to play again. For reasons I don't really understand the officers of the guild (I lost my officer position when I quit) decided they were done raiding until WotLK releases. There were a lot of people who still wanted to raid so they left the guild, including several of the officers. Why the officers still wanting to raid didn't just take over the overall raid leadership I don't know. I think there must of been some behind the scenes drama, since there were more people leaving then were needed to fill a raid. Supposedly some of them are coming back for the expansion, but at this point I find it hard to care since most of the people I like in the guild have quit playing.

Since that happened, myself and some of my coworkers started up Horde characters on Magtheridon. I have a level 32 undead priest I hope to have to 70 in a few weeks which will probably become my new main. Plus, since I know the people in real life I imagine there should be a little less drama.

What is it with this looting bullshit in instances where you're not included in the roll if you're dead, despite doing significant DPS prior? I was just subjected to this and my group were more than happy to flock to the boss' corpse while I couldn't do anything.

Fuck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh! My Car! said:
What is it with this looting bullshit in instances where you're not included in the roll if you're dead, despite doing significant DPS prior? I was just subjected to this and my group were more than happy to flock to the boss' corpse while I couldn't do anything.

Fuck.
You should be, unless you released.

Don't release if the boss is not dead.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
why haven't rogues been nerfed yet?

sap, cheap shot, kidney shot, dead

stunlock combined with their crazy DPS is just silly. i should at least be able to fight back at some point... even though they'd just use cloak of shadows once I get my dots on them, shadowstep to close the distance my fear made, and kill me in 3 seconds.

they have way too many bag of tricks.

and i still don't understand how CoS can be on a 1 minute cooldown. should be a 3 minute CD AT LEAST, considering how powerful it is. a more reasonable time would be 5 minutes.

Trinket is your friend.

Let yourself be hit by the Cheap Shot, let the rogue do their thing for a few seconds and as soon as you see Kidney Shot pop that Insignia. From there just hope Vanish and/or Blind are on cooldown heh.

Hero

Manick Joe said:
Trinket is your friend.

Let yourself be hit by the Cheap Shot, let the rogue do their thing for a few seconds and as soon as you see Kidney Shot pop that Insignia. From there just hope Vanish and/or Blind are on cooldown heh.

I hear trinketing Sap and Cheap Shot is pro, people do it often enough still!

firex

I still feel like the rogue is the weirdest designed class in WoW. Not the worst, just the weirdest. I don't know any other class designed around having tons of different cooldown skills as their arsenal, with what is (imo) a pretty small list of regular abilities.

Dina

It's true, those cooldowns combined with prep and their dps is horrible. I loathe them to death, every skill I have as a mage can be countered with a rogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom