• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

cwmartin said:
i personally find the warcraft lore extremely boring. It all comes in as blah blah blah, haha probably just me or my ADD cant take it for me to process the reasons of of why im doing something in game. I just go "WHO CAREZ GIVE ME MY LOOOTZ LOLOLOL" to some extent. Love the game and the DK looks pretty fun though. Gettin amped!

I think, in most regards, the Warcraft lore has been fairly solid. You're obviously one of those people who skip the quest text unless you absolutely CAN'T find the location of the next thing to kill or object to steal.

I suppose there's room for that, but the story is one part of the whole that makes me love this game.

And it was a fun area.

Tamanon

Banned
Epix said:
What's the best UI mod for the action bars? I want to be able to add a full length bar above the default bar on the bottom and have them tied to hotkeys.

I use Bartender personally. Well that and Autobar for all the stuff I don't hotkey.

cwmartin

bengraven said:
You're obviously one of those people who skip the quest text unless you absolutely CAN'T

hit me solid on that one, hahaha.

I do do that, but it may be for the fact that i want to feel the accomplishment rather than feeling involved. Im sure theres a name for that, selfish? Hah, i dont know. I think i should make it an option to try and follow it closely with a new draenai character, i like them and would probably like their story. I'de like it i bet if i gave it a shot.

Fularu

Banned
Epix said:
What's the best UI mod for the action bars? I want to be able to add a full length bar above the default bar on the bottom and have them tied to hotkeys.

since DAB no longer works, I would say Bongos3

bengraven

cwmartin said:
hit me solid on that one, hahaha.

I do do that, but it may be for the fact that i want to feel the accomplishment rather than feeling involved. Im sure theres a name for that, selfish? Hah, i dont know. I think i should make it an option to try and follow it closely with a new draenai character, i like them and would probably like their story. I'de like it i bet if i gave it a shot.

Not selfish.

ADD?

I just did some SSC with my horribly geared resto shaman. Went pretty well. We did Lurker and attempted that blind demon dude. 6/9 healers overall, not bad considering my + heal is at 935

Well my 70 rogue on anatheron needs a guild again, went from raiding almost every day to people leaving cause of a stupid drama fight during the best kara run that i was on with that guild and it went to shit

I might switch servers

Level 70 Gnome Rogue named Jonsson

I want to do ZA and 25 mans

Xabora

Epix said:
Anyone tired this macro to up the graphics? (can you post some before/after pics)

/console farclip 777
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console groundeffectdensity 256
/console groundeffectdist 140
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
/console characterAmbient 0
/console detailDoodadAlpha 100

This is the modded version for WoTLK

/console farclipoverride 1
/console farclip 2000
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
/console shadowlevel 0
/console extshadowdetail 6

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
DarkAngelYuna said:
lawl, people still run kara?
I've never even stepped into Karazhan. How does that bite you?

The Karazhan I know is empty and lifeless, with crypts full of ghosts underneath the tower to farm drops for.

I activated my WoW account again 2 days and did a paid character transfer to my buddies server to see if I could somehow get into this game.

I've had this title since launch. and I've never gotten past level 35. Why? Because I never feel like I'm playing the game right. =\

Just a few minutes ago I was sitting in Undercity and I didn't know what to do. Should I be running SM until I level? Should I be leveling up my leatherworking? I always feel like I'm missing out on something. Like I'm going to grind my way up then find out I missed a really cool instance or a cool quest that would be lame now that I'm such a high level.

This is why WoW never works out for me. I see such a great game but I'm always paralyzed as soon as I login with doubts and confusion. I don't get it.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I have never been to Kara either, or many of the non-party based instances.

I figure I still have plenty left to see on that side of the game.

firex

Buggy Loop said:
Started a war, whats the best spec for leveling? Arms or Fury?
I totally read that wrong at first and I was like "wtf did you do to piss off so many people that it started a war?"

anyway, either if you can afford good weapons. I don't think it really matters for leveling.

Gattsu25

Banned
Epix said:
Anyone tired this macro to up the graphics? (can you post some before/after pics)

/console farclip 777
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
What, if anything, would you need to do to reset the graphics back to the defaults?

Ripclawe

Banned
Jeff Kaplan, the lead game designer, posted in the forums under his username Tigole that Blizzard will be speeding up leveling in the 60 to 70 bracket just as they sped up the 20 to 60 bracket. This has long been rumored and it's great to see this get implemented.

Initial reports tell us the amount of experience points necessary to progress to each level has been decreased by 30% (for the 60 to 70 range only). Additional posters are reporting that mobs which give 500xp on the live server are now giving 600xp on the beta server. There doesn't seem to be any increase in the XP rewarded by quests yet, but this might be a future change.

Kaplan asks everyone to provide feedback on the change (if you're in the beta), and it looks like they've got his ear for the time being. So if you're in the beta and want to weigh in on the subject, now's the time.

http://www.wowinsider.com/

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Gattsu25 said:
What, if anything, would you need to do to reset the graphics back to the defaults?
/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console characterAmbient 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1

MMaRsu

K7 Avenger said:
I activated my WoW account again 2 days and did a paid character transfer to my buddies server to see if I could somehow get into this game.

I've had this title since launch. and I've never gotten past level 35. Why? Because I never feel like I'm playing the game right. =\

Just a few minutes ago I was sitting in Undercity and I didn't know what to do. Should I be running SM until I level? Should I be leveling up my leatherworking? I always feel like I'm missing out on something. Like I'm going to grind my way up then find out I missed a really cool instance or a cool quest that would be lame now that I'm such a high level.

This is why WoW never works out for me. I see such a great game but I'm always paralyzed as soon as I login with doubts and confusion. I don't get it.

Just quest man :). There's so much stuff you wont do on your first playthrough. I know how you feel but don't worry! If you feel like you missed out on stuff, create a character on the other side ( alliance ) and quest there!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
DarkAngelYuna said:
my guild only just started running kara.

gotten as far as aran/chess event. looking to move onto nethersprite soon.

so yes, people still run kara.

MMaRsu said:
Just quest man :). There's so much stuff you wont do on your first playthrough. I know how you feel but don't worry! If you feel like you missed out on stuff, create a character on the other side ( alliance ) and quest there!

I'll give it my best shot when I get home from work. Some people tell me to just grind till I'm 60 and that's when the fun starts. Other people tell me to just run isntances over and over again. I just want to experience the best stuff WoW has to offer.

witness

So I got my shammy and pally alts up to 47 and 26. Can't wait to get the pally to 30 for his mount. I am so done with my hunter though, I'm totally burned out on the IQD dailies for him. He's in all epics so there really isn't much left for me to do aside from an epic flyer, but since you can't fly until 77 in northrend I'll just save that while leveling. The new hunter talent trees are quite interesting, I'm not really excited about BM though. Survival looks quite intriguing though, especially explosive shot and hunting party.

I just want to a beta key to play a death knight! Would blizz please hurry up and start sending invites for opt in people.

Twig

Banned
K7 Avenger said:
I'll give it my best shot when I get home from work. Some people tell me to just grind till I'm 60 and that's when the fun starts. Other people tell me to just run isntances over and over again. I just want to experience the best stuff WoW has to offer.
Quests will get you leveled up the fastest. Dungeons are fun at least once so I recommend trying (most) of them. There are a few that are absolute shit. Never attempt a full run of Blackrock Depths. It will make you hate yourself. That's a level 55-ish dungeon, though, so you're not there, yet.

Really, just do what you want. There's no rush to get to any level. TBC's quests are designed to be much, much better than pre-expansion quests, so there is that. But... yeah. Just do what you want! No rush!

One thing I will recommend: do NOT grind. Grinding usually consists of sitting in one area killing the same mobs over and over and over. It's Not Fun.

JoeMartin

DarkAngelYuna said:

LOTS of people still run Kara. A well geared group of guys can clear that place in a few hours, and it's 22 badges for a full clear.

22 badges.

Some of the badge gear is the best gear available.

Chris R

JoeMartin said:
LOTS of people still run Kara. A well geared group of guys can clear that place in a few hours, and it's 22 badges for a full clear.

22 badges.

Some of the badge gear is the best gear available.
Exactly. But the thing is now, those people with the nice gear usually take longer due to people going afk or joking around since this is the 1000th time they have done Kara. Same thing happens all the time though with people running the same stuff OVER AND OVER again :|

=W=

rhfb said:
Exactly. But the thing is now, those people with the nice gear usually take longer due to people going afk or joking around since this is the 1000th time they have done Kara. Same thing happens all the time though with people running the same stuff OVER AND OVER again :|
true story, i can't do kara anymore without getting completely shitfaced

JoeMartin

BigJonsson said:
I just want to run fucking TK and SSC but my server is lame :(

Yeah Blizzard kinda shot themselves in the foot with that content. Most wellfare epics are just as good or completely outclass T5 content stuff and guilds can hop into BT/Hyjal rather quickly.

JoeMartin said:
Yeah Blizzard kinda shot themselves in the foot with that content. Most wellfare epics are just as good or completely outclass T5 content stuff and guilds can hop into BT/Hyjal rather quickly.

Well I also want to see Hyjal and BT but there are like 2 Alliance guilds on the server that run that =/

Finally finished SH today. Whoa, lots of mobs. Luckily we had an OT to help me, but I actually was able to hold 5 mobs for awhile.

web stats FTW!
http://wowwebstats.com/ifs14ojpunevi

I had trouble holding arrgo with the warlock nuking shit. She had 10k+ health so I didn't worry too much about her taking damage.

not bad i guess (I'm Goinio, tank)

firex

BigJonsson said:
Well I also want to see Hyjal and BT but there are like 2 Alliance guilds on the server that run that =/
Do you just want to see them, or actually run them? because if you just want to see them I suggest hopping onto the test realm sometime when they do premades, making a priest, and mind visioning your way through the instances. Although, you can explore all of hyjal solo.

We got Felmyst down once, but repeating has been maddengly elusive; if it aint One Dumb Mistake (one complements of me tripping on The Box of Doom), its people getting DCed left and right during Mind Control Breaths or wierd timing on said breaths (they seem to land later or sooner, randomly on each pass. VERY SCARY). Twins look like fun though coming up though.

StormyTheRabbit said:
Not missing out on much

There's gems in that that badge/PvP/ZA dont cover, but they're so few and SO MUCH TRASH that yah...

Finally finished SH today. Whoa, lots of mobs. Luckily we had an OT to help me, but I actually was able to hold 5 mobs for awhile.

web stats FTW!
http://wowwebstats.com/ifs14ojpunevi

I had trouble holding arrgo with the warlock nuking shit. She had 10k+ health so I didn't worry too much about her taking damage.

not bad i guess (I'm Goinio, tank)

First Crypts, now this as a warrior; you're scary good at this scary fast. lol

fid

Neo Member
So I started playing again after 7 months and I have got my rogue up to 40..and now i have no idea where I go to quest. I want to try and skip STV as much as possible but do I have another choice? Also is it better to do quests or get ran thru instances with a 70?

*whats a good leveling build for a rogue?

sorry for asking so many questions, its been a while :lol

fid said:
So I started playing again after 7 months and I have got my rogue up to 40..and now i have no idea where I go to quest. I want to try and skip STV as much as possible but do I have another choice? Also is it better to do quests or get ran thru instances with a 70?

yeah the lvl 40 range blows, I quit for a long time when i first hit that. But I'd do Badlands, Feralas, and Tanaris and when you get to the mid 40s, the Hinterlands(if you're allaince I guess). Whatever you do its going to suck. I strongly reccomend getting a leveling guide.

This might be a little outdated but it should answer your build questions http://www.wowwiki.com/Rogue_builds

Kletian

fid said:

For levelling, at least put 5 points in Malice, 5 points in Master of Deception (so you can stealth run pain in the ass quests :D) and the rest in combat.

Epix

Anyone rolling a Pally:

What are some of the bet interface addons for a Pally? Your favorites?

What are some of the best general purpose addons?

Hero

Kletian said:
For levelling, at least put 5 points in Malice, 5 points in Master of Deception (so you can stealth run pain in the ass quests :D) and the rest in combat.

Do not do this.

Just go straight down combat. You want to go down and get Blade Flurry, Adrenaline Rush, Dual Wield Specialization and Sword Specialization.

Magnus

We are now on the grand cockblock known as Brutallus. I'm sure we'll be here at least a few weeks. =/

Kalecgos has fortunately become quite farmable, going down on 2nd or 3rd attempts the last few weeks, so we have our foot firmly in Sunwell now.

Illidan needs to start giving up the goods! Notables so far include only one MH Warglaive and 5x (yes, five) Cursed Visions, which are being given to dps warriors these days. :lol

Spire/Memento plz; those and the Pantaloons of Calming Strife from Kal are all I need to our current progression level.

BTW:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Wangfu

Magnus said:
We are now on the grand cockblock known as Brutallus. I'm sure we'll be here at least a few weeks. =/

Kalecgos has fortunately become quite farmable, going down on 2nd or 3rd attempts the last few weeks, so we have our foot firmly in Sunwell now.

Illidan needs to start giving up the goods! Notables so far include only one MH Warglaive and 5x (yes, five) Cursed Visions, which are being given to dps warriors these days. :lol

Spire/Memento plz; those and the Pantaloons of Calming Strife from Kal are all I need to our current progression level.

BTW:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Wangfu

If your guild's gear is anywhere near where yours is, you're getting close. GL

Weenerz

Banned
72DK.jpg

Posted this in the Alpha thread on the gaming section, but I don't see many people posting there so here ya go!

My 72 Death Knight, picked up a few drops in Drak'tharon Keep. :D

Weenerz said:
72DK.jpg

Posted this in the Alpha thread on the gaming section, but I don't see many people posting there so here ya go!

My 72 Death Knight, picked up a few drops in Drak'tharon Keep. :D

10K gold?

Erm, are you on a private server or is the beta just making things easier on people.

Chris R

StormyTheRabbit said:
10K gold?

Erm, are you on a private server or is the beta just making things easier on people.
10k isn't that much

maybe a week of farming at most if you just get down to it and DO IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom