• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
StormyTheRabbit said:
10K gold?

Erm, are you on a private server or is the beta just making things easier on people.
10k's not much at all :p

witness

Do DK's start with any money or do you get a lot of it for the starter quest rewards so that you can catch up? Thats the concern I have since you can only have one per server and I plan on having more than one.

Weenerz

Banned
witness said:
Do DK's start with any money or do you get a lot of it for the starter quest rewards so that you can catch up? Thats the concern I have since you can only have one per server and I plan on having more than one.

You start with 20s and get gold by doing quests.

Weenerz

Banned
The gear you get from the starting area sells for a total of less than 20s, don't rely on that for money. Yes you get an epic ground mount for free, at lvl55. Just do a quick quest chain, takes about 5 minutes.

Fularu

Banned
Magnus said:
We are now on the grand cockblock known as Brutallus. I'm sure we'll be here at least a few weeks. =/

Kalecgos has fortunately become quite farmable, going down on 2nd or 3rd attempts the last few weeks, so we have our foot firmly in Sunwell now.

Illidan needs to start giving up the goods! Notables so far include only one MH Warglaive and 5x (yes, five) Cursed Visions, which are being given to dps warriors these days. :lol

Spire/Memento plz; those and the Pantaloons of Calming Strife from Kal are all I need to our current progression level.

BTW:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Wangfu

Brutallus isn'T a cockblock at all.

A few tips :

- Don'T worry about the enrage, try hitting the enrage first (by keeping your tanks alive, by perfecting the tank transitions and calls, by perfecting burn movement and healing.

- Once you can reasonably hit the enrage, work on the dps (start with 8 healers then cut down to 7).

- Once you start getting 15% wipes at the enrage, start using concumables. Unfortunately, yoru tanks will have to use consumables (ironshields) from the get go.

While learning, an affliction lock and an imp devo aura pally with T6 bonus will tremendously help. Oh and warriors with high avoidance gear take a lot less damage than bears or pallies

Kill and loot

CassSept

For progressing guilds, which killed Illidan after 2.4 and stepped into SWP without Illidan on farm for few months Brutallus is a cockblock.
We recently killed Kalecgos and went onto Brutallus.
First few tries = :lol
His record so far is, ummm.... 27k in 0.5 sec? Fucking beast, this game is gear check and sometimes luck check.
I remember when our best healer came online and before he witnessed Brutallus he said something along lines "no tank is gonna die when i heal".
After try his words were something like "WTF IS THIS MOTHERFUCKER!?"
Yeah, well. He is insanely hard if you just started SWP an dont have top-notch geared people. Then again, what are you doing in SWP - get back to farming Illidan:D
PS. 9 Illidan kills and still no glaives, wtf :/?

Fularu

Banned
He can't do 27k in 0.5 seconds. Tell your healers to stop sucking. BT was nothing hard healing wise, neither is brut.

Nrut can MH+OH once every 1.1 seconds (with thunderclap up). MH hits for 11-13k during a stomp with a non debuffed brut and OH hits for 4-6k during a stomp on a non debuffed brut.

The *most* you will ever see in 1.1 seconds in a worst case scenario is :

Stomp (5k)
MH+OH hits

at the worst you are looking at 23k in 1.1 seconds but :

If brut hits your MT for 13k during a stomp it either means that :

1 - your tank is vastly undergeared for the fight (get him full T6 + Illidan shield)
2 - No one is debuffing Brut (imp demo shout, improved thunderclap, affliction debuff)
3 - no one is properly buffing your tank (during stomps shamans chain heal on the MT as their first target, to keep proccing ancestral fortitude, which ISN'T affected by stomp, paladin in the group giving improved devotion aura)
4 - Your tank needs to learn to play and buff himself accordingly (ironshield pots all the time, stomp doesn't affect them, armor scrolls, exalted hyjal ring (for the proc), Illidan shield (for the proc))
5 - Your tank needs to itemize for heavy avoidance and use proper consumables/cooldowns during stomps (Seed --> trinket --> last stand --> seed --> trinket --> shield wall)

I've seen guilds with 4 weeks worth of Illidan farming kill brutallus. M'uru is a much bigger cockblock than Brutallus ever was.

With all of the above, your MT shouldn't take bigger than 9k MH 4.5k OH attacks during stomps, and that is perfectly healable.

Also, it helps if yoru healers don't suck and properly cascade their heals and don't all sync or reactive heal.

CassSept

Fularu said:
1 - your tank is vastly undergeared for the fight (get him full T6 + Illidan shield)
Make Illidan drop the shields. Or glaives. Or while we are at this, ANY fucking Conqueror tokens.

Oh and ps. yeah, maybe it wasnt 27k, maybe a bit less (btw, i believe it was also meteor slash killing our tanks (too many stacks of debuff), it was first days of trying when we were still just getting the tactics, proper way to tank, heal, etc), i was only on one day of trying and since that im on holidays afk for 2 weeks :p

Fularu

Banned
CassSept said:
Make Illidan drop the shields. Or glaives. Or while we are at this, ANY fucking Conqueror tokens.

Oh and ps. yeah, maybe it wasnt 27k, maybe a bit less (btw, i believe it was also meteor slash killing our tanks (too many stacks of debuff), it was first days of trying when we were still just getting the tactics, proper way to tank, heal, etc), i was only on one day of trying and since that im on holidays afk for 2 weeks :p

If a Meteor slash is killing your tanks, then your healers have to really start taking their fingers out of their ass and heal. it.s a spam the tank with heals kind of fight. Also if your tank had too many meteor debuffs, then you need to rework your strategy. You let it stack to 3 slashes then you switch tanks (and soakers).

Seriously if you only spent one night on him, you can't call him a cockblock by any means. We wiped for 2 month on M'uru...

The Illidan shield is nice, but not absolutely needed. An S3 shield is perfectly fine and it takes 3 weeks of arena to get.

CassSept

Yeah, i know i exaggerated a lot. We all overreacted and laughed at the awesomness of this boss (one slack = wipe):lol
So yeah, after some refinement i guess he isn't that hard.
I just wanted to make it sound a bit more dramatic than he is.
Though after only one day of wipes i can hear "Another Day, Another Glorious Battle" in my head <.<

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Man I'm so jealous of all the fun you guys seem to have with these games. I can't wait till DC Universe Online gets released on PS3 so I can join in.

firex

so I think when I reactivate I'm going to play my mage alt, since I have nothing to play for on my shaman anymore except gold, and that gets boring quick. anyway, what's good for solo grinding with fire or frost on a mage? They've changed talents so much since I played mine that I have no real clue what's good anymore.

bengraven

witness said:

My DK had a little under 30g when I left the starting area.

CassSept said:

Also note that the stand and deliver 110% everyone needs to do is multiplied by the "get out NOW!!!" of Felmyst to get you Twins. Then you apparently ramp that up and get Muru. It's a very natural steppingstone progression with Sunwell.

As for strats, we use a Y shaped formation with a 3 (4? forget) slash stack -> taunt to the other soak group set up. Priests make excellent tank healers unless you're brimming with pallies (CoH is frightening for Burn healing but doable); I use Rank 2 G. Heal with 4pc T6 non-burn and Rank 7 when burn is up or the taunt transistion goes down. Set a focus to the other tank healers to avoid synching due to the higher Haste of Pallies; and like Fularu said, NEVER SQUELCH A HEAL. Shadowbuddy early and late, get a triple IF, triple pot drank, triple Earring, and I go triple Bangle too (although this is overkill if you have Spriest).

Good luck.

gondwana

firex said:
so I think when I reactivate I'm going to play my mage alt, since I have nothing to play for on my shaman anymore except gold, and that gets boring quick. anyway, what's good for solo grinding with fire or frost on a mage? They've changed talents so much since I played mine that I have no real clue what's good anymore.

Go Fire up until you can spec Ice Shards /w Shatter: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oZZVVMMo0x
Then just fill out from there, picking up Frost Channeling, Arctic Reach, and the obvious DPS talents as you level. Frost is hard to screw up. You can throw all 61 into the tree and come out with like three poorly used talent points. (Guess which)

witness

bengraven said:
My DK had a little under 30g when I left the starting area.

Nice, and since you don't have to buy an epic mount then there's really no worries about money for DK's on multiple servers where you don't have a main. Also since DK's will be going to northrend at 68 there's no need for them to buy a flying mount before 77 so they'll have plenty of time to save.

Tamanon

Banned
witness said:
Nice, and since you don't have to buy an epic mount then there's really no worries about money for DK's on multiple servers where you don't have a main. Also since DK's will be going to northrend at 68 there's no need for them to buy a flying mount before 77 so they'll have plenty of time to save.

Well, also keep in mind, from what I've seen, you can't make a DK on a server where you don't have a high level character already:p

Chris R

firex said:
Don't listen to the other person! Go DEEEP fire all the way :lol

Spec depends on your current level

Gaf i'm gonna make a horde character with some friends...what should I make. Btw I really dont like horde characters so it's hard to decide. Taurens are badass but they look goofy in plate imo. I'd love to make a warrior though. God i want a female blood elf fury war so bad. Orcs have some kind of back disorder. I hate undead with a passion. Trolls are just meh after they got rid of the kill two dwarves /silly.

JoeMartin

Flesh Into Gear said:
Gaf i'm gonna make a horde character with some friends...what should I make. Btw I really dont like horde characters so it's hard to decide. Taurens are badass but they look goofy in plate imo. I'd love to make a warrior though. God i want a female blood elf fury war so bad. Orcs have some kind of back disorder. I hate undead with a passion. Trolls are just meh after they got rid of the kill two dwarves /silly.

UD warriors. They're unstoppable killing machines.

Fularu

Banned
Flesh Into Gear said:

Taurens look best horde side as far as warriors go. They look exactly like unstopable killing machines hell bent on log rapping you.

I know, I play a tauren warrior

What do you guys do with all your money after you get your Epic flyer? It seems like the best stuff is either dropped or bought with PvP points.

Bear in mind I only started playing back in Jan. and my main, a Warrior, is about to ding 69. I have about 1300 gold atm. I had planned on getting my first flyer then doing dailies till I can afford my epic. After that?

This might be too broad a question, but once I hit 70...umm, where the fuck should I start? I'd like to get into some raids and shit, but honestly, atm, my gear is pretty ho-humm. Heroics? PvP doesn't interest me too much for now. Does the whole 'Season' structure make it hard for a guy to start out from scratch? Would I be better off grinding for awhile at 69 so I don't have to take on the big boys at 70?

firex

Tank normals until you have enough gear to handle heroics. Which doesn't mean much... just get enough defense gear until you're crit immune, and enough avoidance (dodge/block/parry) so you can push yourself over 100% with shield block active.

Chris R

mamacint said:
This might be too broad a question, but once I hit 70...umm, where the fuck should I start? I'd like to get into some raids and shit, but honestly, atm, my gear is pretty ho-humm. Heroics? PvP doesn't interest me too much for now. Does the whole 'Season' structure make it hard for a guy to start out from scratch? Would I be better off grinding for awhile at 69 so I don't have to take on the big boys at 70?

You going to be tanking or one of those "dps" warriors? If you stick to tanking, you can get some gear from instances/ah/pvp and then start heroics and get going into raids and such. I hate DPS warriors though :|

CassSept

I spend all my gold on enchants and raid preparations (free epic gems from guild bank ftw!). Especially for progress raids, loads of food, flasks (or stack of elixir of demonslaying if it's brutallus), haste potions, etc. Once you raid you have lots of moneysinks. And enchants cost few hundred gold too.
AND of course best moneysink since last patch - 22 slots bags! If you have too much gold just buy as many as you wish :p

mamacint - well, pvp sucks ;) About PvE, well. I guess start with some dungeons and grind rep for heroics. You can do Kara preq too since iirc there were some decent rewards from it (and ofc people asking to open kara cause they dont have key are annoying as hell :p). When you have some decent gear start Kara, you can get to some Kara farming guild or find some pugs. 22 badges + some nice epics for beginners = win. Just remember to read strategies before going there, the ones for Kara arent too complicated (check wowwiki or something, i dont remember if bosskillers has tactics for all kara bosses). Then after that, well, are there still guilds doing SSC/TK after 2.4? If yeah, go there or some guild starting MH/BT (first bosses are a joke... well, actually whole MH/BT with exception of 2 or 3 bosses is a joke...). Collect gear and pew pew to Sunwell. This can be harder than it sounds and will take few months, but dont give up. WoW is a game were commitment can give you a lot :) And of course, if you are tank, you shouldn't have too big problems finding guild. I am rogue and finding one was hell (after my previous guild disbanded I had to migrate or i would be stuck to PvP lol.)
And of course, remember to always have best enchants you have (Aldor/Scryers rep! Will cost quite a bit, forgot to mention it in moneysinks, but is absolute must if you want to raid) and at the beginning blue gems, then move to epic gems.
I don't think I made to many mistakes in this wall of tl;dr text. If i did, someone correct me or something. Just starting raiding from my rogue's pov <.<

rhfb said:
You going to be tanking or one of those "dps" warriors? If you stick to tanking, you can get some gear from instances/ah/pvp and then start heroics and get going into raids and such. I hate DPS warriors though :|
Right now I'm Fury for lvling, though I'm tanking instances

That Titan's Grip is looking pretty fucking tempting though. I had planned to do the traditional switch at 70 to prot though, might be rethinking that come WotLK...we'll see.

CassSept said:
I spend all my gold on enchants and raid preparations (free epic gems from guild bank ftw!). Especially for progress raids, loads of food, flasks (or stack of elixir of demonslaying if it's brutallus), haste potions, etc. Once you raid you have lots of moneysinks. And enchants cost few hundred gold too.
AND of course best moneysink since last patch - 22 slots bags! If you have too much gold just buy as many as you wish :p

mamacint - well, pvp sucks ;) About PvE, well. I guess start with some dungeons and grind rep for heroics. You can do Kara preq too since iirc there were some decent rewards from it (and ofc people asking to open kara cause they dont have key are annoying as hell :p). When you have some decent gear start Kara, you can get to some Kara farming guild or find some pugs. 22 badges + some nice epics for beginners = win. Just remember to read strategies before going there, the ones for Kara arent too complicated (check wowwiki or something, i dont remember if bosskillers has tactics for all kara bosses). Then after that, well, are there still guilds doing SSC/TK after 2.4? If yeah, go there or some guild starting MH/BT (first bosses are a joke... well, actually whole MH/BT with exception of 2 or 3 bosses is a joke...). Collect gear and pew pew to Sunwell. This can be harder than it sounds and will take few months, but dont give up. WoW is a game were commitment can give you a lot :) And of course, if you are tank, you shouldn't have too big problems finding guild. I am rogue and finding one was hell (after my previous guild disbanded I had to migrate or i would be stuck to PvP lol.)
And of course, remember to always have best enchants you have (Aldor/Scryers rep! Will cost quite a bit, forgot to mention it in moneysinks, but is absolute must if you want to raid) and at the beginning blue gems, then move to epic gems.
I don't think I made to many mistakes in this wall of tl;dr text. If i did, someone correct me or something. Just starting raiding from my rogue's pov <.<
Much, much appreciated :)

yacobod

Banned
wotf is pointless as a warrior atm, between zerker rage and deathwish, you shouldn't really ever be caught in a fear

orcs look the best imo since they actually have boots, and stun resist >> rogues, and blood fury is nice for that burst

tauren on the other hand look like shit with hooves and tails ffs, helm gfx always look broken on tauren as well, but they have the passive +hp which is the best for pve, warstomp is pretty clutch in arenas, and they have a huge hitbox, its pretty broken, hitting ppl behind pillars and shit

Weenerz

Banned
mamacint said:

I would just farm BGs for the s2 stuff, with WotLK coming out in the next 4-5 months (guessing, but judging from beta, things are on track). There will be plenty of feral druids and prot pallys to go around.

yacobod said:
wotf is pointless as a warrior atm, between zerker rage and deathwish, you shouldn't really ever be caught in a fear

orcs look the best imo since they actually have boots, and stun resist >> rogues, and blood fury is nice for that burst

tauren on the other hand look like shit with hooves and tails ffs, helm gfx always look broken on tauren as well, but they have the passive +hp which is the best for pve, warstomp is pretty clutch in arenas, and they have a huge hitbox, its pretty broken, hitting ppl behind pillars and shit

ah, yeah the boots won me over in the end. Terryfunk the orc warrior is born.

Since I practically made this guy for titans grip he's going straight fury for pve i dont give a fuck. I've tanked enough on my pally and I've got a guild of RL friends to carry me so eh

firex

yacobod said:

lack of boots (or more like boots just disappearing when they hit the feet) is the only thing I'm not looking forward to about my troll DK. but there are too many tauren warriors out there anyway imo. I know they're considered the best race for building a tank, but still.

firex

If trolls just look completely atrocious, I'll make an undead DK. I just don't want to make an orc because I already have like 8 orcs on my account, and troll seemed funny (plus like nobody would be a troll death knight).

MMaRsu

So I rerolled into a BE lock :D. It's fun and leveling goes way faster than orc rogue ( which sucks btw ;\ )

Still have my lvl 62 NE hunter on Terenas though,, so I might have to lvl him first :)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
for those that are playing DKs in the beta, how are they as a class to level?

Do they even approach the ease of locks or hunters, or are they more at the feral druid and enh shaman level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom