• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buggy Loop said:
The only real way to be 100% secured from keyloggers is to type down your password via window's onscreen keyboard into a text file, save, and when you need it, open the text file, copy and paste it in wow's login via CTRL-V.

Lots of hassle but..
Clipboard can be seen and read by most viruses. My computer comes up clean on every scanner I try too anyways.

Sigh, still no email from blizzard's account admin =\

Weenerz

Banned
Also, do you get your game patches from an outside source that isn't from Blizzard? Beta files or PTR files? That's probably how you got your keylogger. Or you were dumb enough to go to the websites that the farmers spam in trade chat.

Weenerz said:
Also, do you get your game patches from an outside source that isn't from Blizzard? Beta files or PTR files? That's probably how you got your keylogger. Or you were dumb enough to go to the websites that the farmers spam in trade chat.
I use the blizzard downloader and I don't go to any of those sites. Avira anti virus, spybot and comodo firewall still claim my system is clean too =\ For fucks sake still no email from the team that is supposed to help with this bs =\

Wow, since I knew what realm they xferred my druid to I went to the copy page at the ptr site and used that to show all my toons and find out his new name, copied him to the ptr to see what damage was done. They even sold all my fucking bags, lawl. Blizzard is being useless about helping me, finally got a reply telling me to fill out the webform for help... I did that fucking 24 hours ago idiots, how do you think I contacted you?!

Hero

DarkAngelYuna said:
Wow, since I knew what realm they xferred my druid to I went to the copy page at the ptr site and used that to show all my toons and find out his new name, copied him to the ptr to see what damage was done. They even sold all my fucking bags, lawl. Blizzard is being useless about helping me, finally got a reply telling me to fill out the webform for help... I did that fucking 24 hours ago idiots, how do you think I contacted you?!

If you weren't such a dick in this thread and the WotLK Alpha thread in Gaming-Age I might feel bad for you for having your account hacked.

yacobod

Banned
patience dude

once you get your account back, all that shit will be restored, not sure why you are stressing out about it, the game is pretty much dead now until WotLK comes out, not like you are missing anything

Hero said:
If you weren't such a dick in this thread and the WotLK Alpha thread in Gaming-Age I might feel bad for you for having your account hacked.
Aw, looks like you're the one being the dick now. :lol Need a hug Mr. Sensitive?
Hypocrite. Besides, I'm only a dick to people who deserve it.

Kintaco

DarkAngelYuna said:
It will take a few days before anything is restore. Go find another game to play in the mean time.

CassSept

Is M'uru really that hard as people say about him?
After 2 days of training it doesn't look like Zomg Mighty Powerful M'uru the Guild Disbander QQ, sure a hard boss, but so far doesn't look like one that will block progress for 2 months or so o_O

Well I can play my account again but as soon as I got it back I started getting temp password change emails again. I'm just waiting for my blizzard auth. to come and for blizzard to restore 3 years worth of gear, items, a lousy 2600 gold and to reverse the xfer. I really don't know what to do while I wait for the auth to come. I haven't shared my info so its not a friend, Spyboy, lavasoft adaware, comodo firewall, avira antivirus and avg all say my system is clean. Hopefully they don't actually get back on my account.

TheExodu5

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Well I can play my account again but as soon as I got it back I started getting temp password change emails again. I'm just waiting for my blizzard auth. to come and for blizzard to restore 3 years worth of gear, items, a lousy 2600 gold and to reverse the xfer. I really don't know what to do while I wait for the auth to come. I haven't shared my info so its not a friend, Spyboy, lavasoft adaware, comodo firewall, avira antivirus and avg all say my system is clean. Hopefully they don't actually get back on my account.

Go flame nubs on the WoW boards.

half kidding...hopefully it works out for you in the end

Well I must give blizzard 2 thumbs up for good customer service. I already got ALL the gear on my toons restored along with every single item. I'm just waiting for them to xfer my druid back and restore his gear and my gold. My gold probably was on the druid when xfered so it should come back with him I hope. Bastards are already requesting temp passwords trying to hack my account again though.

CassSept said:
After 2 days of training it doesn't look like Zomg Mighty Powerful M'uru the Guild Disbander QQ, sure a hard boss, but so far doesn't look like one that will block progress for 2 months or so o_O

He's nasty on a short schedule. Disconnect boss on Felmyst, WotLK anticipation, and general schedule problems shorten learning time considerably. Changing "Seeing P2" to "Clean transition to P2" to "Kill" is the rough part.

CassSept

SatelliteOfLove said:
He's nasty on a short schedule. Disconnect boss on Felmyst, WotLK anticipation, and general schedule problems shorten learning time considerably. Changing "Seeing P2" to "Clean transition to P2" to "Kill" is the rough part.
Oh I see, that makes sense. So far we seem to more or less control the adds in first phase, just some minor tweaks and I guess we can get to P2.
And I hope we can see KJ before 3.0:D

Ripclawe

Banned
Canuck haterade!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodd...d=0926INGFS10092687&catid=21152&test_cookie=1

The continent of Northrend heaves and quakes: The Lich King, Arthas, stirs in his icy fortress. Great armies of Undead rise from the frost, fueled with the necromantic magics of the mighty lich, driven solely by the urge to scourge the life from Azeroth. Achieve greater levels of power and battle other high-level heroes as you invade Northrend to defeat this terrible new threat.

New levels of power (up to level 80) will become accessible, along with new talents and abilities. A powerful new Inscription profession will unlock even more powerful magical spells and effects.

Epic siege warfare (1% chance to drop, bind on pickup) includes destructible buildings and PVP objectives. Explore new dungeons with fantastic new creatures and amazing treasures.

You'll also be able to customize your character's look with new hairstyles and dances. Rumour has it that a new "hairstyling" profession may be open to blood and night elves.

Finally, an awesome new class - the Death Knight - will be achievable as WoW's first Hero Class. A long quest full of perilous challenges will gift the user with the powers of turned Dead Riders. A class-specific power - "Unbalance Game" - is available to the Death Knight class on a one-patch time limit cool down.

CassSept said:
Oh I see, that makes sense. So far we seem to more or less control the adds in first phase, just some minor tweaks and I guess we can get to P2.
And I hope we can see KJ before 3.0:D

Another reason that fight is deceptive is that you can't judge progress by % on Mooroo or Entropius; it's all control. And to get that level of control to rack up a kill, your patterns will probably change.

For example, we started off first night with 8 healers, 2 per. I had to SPAM like a mofo to keep the Near side tank up, as the CC factor was variable as hell. Later, we had that under control, and I had GCDs freed up that I sorely needed to work on the next facet: keeping renew up on Sentinel tanks and keeping PoM bouncing, all because we trimmed down to 7. Next, Im trying to slip in SW:p on Mooroo to aid in speeding up P1 WHILE there being only 6 healers, etc. All the time it changes, and what the fight means changes with it.

Tried the Azgalor trash tonight

We made it to Az on our 2nd attempt

HOLY FUCK THATS ALOT OF TRASH:|

I think I killed my sinister strike hotkey

TomServo

OK GAF, help me out. A friend talked me into trying WoW again, which I decided to do as retaliation against my darling wife for bringing another God-forsaken cat into our home when I begged her not to. I haven't played since Naxx was announced. I tried to get some idea of the changes that have been made and it's completely overwhelming.

Can anyone answer a few immediate concerns?

- How much faster is the leveling from 20-60? In the old days I always stalled out leveling alts when they hit around level 40. Combination of hating the zones at that level and too much xp needed to ding usually made me run back to my main. I won't be getting the 3x bonus, since my friend's alts are all level 70.

- Warlock or shaman? Not interested at all in PvP. Warlock was my favorite class in the old days, but I was a damn good shaman in groups. My friend was telling me there have been a lot of changes made to the shaman class to buff melee dps for enhance shaman and buff healing for resto shaman. Significant, or are they still a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none class?

- 10 mans? Reading that there will be 10 man versions of WotLK raids was a big selling point for me. I've always preferred smaller groups, don't really care about loot. Are these going to be something that's feasible if I don't run 25 mans, or are they going to be a fun distraction for people progressing in the "normal" 25 man versions?

TheExodu5

Banned
TomServo said:
OK GAF, help me out. A friend talked me into trying WoW again, which I decided to do as retaliation against my darling wife for bringing another God-forsaken cat into our home when I begged her not to. I haven't played since Naxx was announced. I tried to get some idea of the changes that have been made and it's completely overwhelming.

Can anyone answer a few immediate concerns?

- How much faster is the leveling from 20-60? In the old days I always stalled out leveling alts when they hit around level 40. Combination of hating the zones at that level and too much xp needed to ding usually made me run back to my main. I won't be getting the 3x bonus, since my friend's alts are all level 70.

- Warlock or shaman? Not interested at all in PvP. Warlock was my favorite class in the old days, but I was a damn good shaman in groups. My friend was telling me there have been a lot of changes made to the shaman class to buff melee dps for enhance shaman and buff healing for resto shaman. Significant, or are they still a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none class?

- 10 mans? Reading that there will be 10 man versions of WotLK raids was a big selling point for me. I've always preferred smaller groups, don't really care about loot. Are these going to be something that's feasible if I don't run 25 mans, or are they going to be a fun distraction for people progressing in the "normal" 25 man versions?

Time to level? I can't speak for 20-40 (I had quit at around 40 before 2.3/2.4). From 40 onwards is pretty fast. You're probably looking at an average of 3 hours per level. From 60-70 is about 10 hours per level, so that's where you'll be spending a lot of your time. Oh, and it doesn't matter if your friend has level 70s. Make him create a new character. Since you can summon him anywhere, just summon him to you before you turn in a bunch of quests. You'll get 3x XP for the turn-ins, which will speed up your leveling dramatically in later levels.

PvE? Well both Shamies and Warlocks are needed for raids, so I think either is fine. Warlock will be pure DPS, while I think a Shamie will be moving in between enhancement and healing in raids. Shamies are probably more useful overall, but Warlocks are better for solo PvE.

I don't know about the 10 mans myself, but I'm glad they have that in. My interest in raiding is very slight (I'm more of a PvP guy), so having 10 mans makes it easier for me to get into raids, and I assume they'll generally go quicker too (less chance for someone to screw up).

TomServo

TheExodu5 said:
Time to level? I can't speak for 20-40 (I had quit at around 40 before 2.3/2.4). From 40 onwards is pretty fast. You're probably looking at an average of 3 hours per level. From 60-70 is about 10 hours per level, so that's where you'll be spending a lot of your time.

Dinging from 40-60 in about three hours per level? That's a hell of a lot faster than I remember. That's good news. 60-70 time doesn't bother me, since I quit before BC so that'll all be new content.

TheExodu5

Banned
TomServo said:
Dinging from 40-60 in about three hours per level? That's a hell of a lot faster than I remember. That's good news. 60-70 time doesn't bother me, since I quit before BC so that'll all be new content.

Going from 60-70 is pretty smooth too though. The main difference is that you'll actually be getting a decent amount of gear from quest rewards that outdoes your previous gear, so it keeps you motivated. Also, it's much easier to get instance groups from 60-70, so instances are a viable way of leveling at that point as well.

Ripclawe

Banned
20-60 is very easy now especially since you get a mount at lvl 30 dirt cheap

Also 60-70 levels are going to be cut down either this patch or when wrath comes out.

TheExodu5

Banned
TomServo, I should add: make sure you get QuestHelper. It will help you to level much, much faster.

Other add-ons I recommend:

1) Cartographer (mainly because it shows you maps without you having to explore)
2) ArcHud (visual HUD around your character. No need to look at the top left to see your health, mana/rage/energy, or your enemy's health)
3) ArkInventory (can be set up to sort your bag automatically. Helps a lot when it comes to finding items in your bag. I have mine set up to sort quest items, fishing, mining, engineering, soulbound weapons, BOE weapons, etc...)

Lastly, I suggest that you take Mining/Herbalism and Skinning for leveling to at least 70, since it will give you all the money you need to buy mounts and such. If you're a clothie, then take Mining/Herbalism and Tailoring (since Tailoring can provide you good gear with very little overhead). Once you hit 70, then you can drop Skinning in favor of a crafting profession.

TomServo

TheExodu5 said:
Lastly, I suggest that you take Mining/Herbalism and Skinning for leveling to at least 70, since it will give you all the money you need to buy mounts and such. If you're a clothie, then take Mining/Herbalism and Tailoring (since Tailoring can provide you good gear with very little overhead). Once you hit 70, then you can drop Skinning in favor of a crafting profession.

I always liked herbalism / alchemy. Has alchemy been nerfed?

Not so much worried about gold, friend has more than he knows what to do with and I told him I was going to start charging him in gold for all the beer he drinks at my house.

Thanks for the advice on UI mods.

TheExodu5

Banned
TomServo said:
I always liked herbalism / alchemy. Has alchemy been nerfed?

Not so much worried about gold, friend has more than he knows what to do with and I told him I was going to start charging him in gold for all the beer he drinks at my house.

Thanks for the advice on UI mods.

Well if you're already set for gold, then yeah herbalism/alchemy should do fine. If you're a clothie though, I'd still suggest taking up tailoring, since it'll end up being more useful than alchemy to you. You can always make an alt to take care of your alchemy needs in the future (I think it takes level 40 or so to be maxed out).

Fularu

Banned
Hero said:

This

CassSept said:

Grats on nerfed m'uru? He's still hard though, but not nearly as hard as before.

As for KJ.. yeah good luck ;)

TomServo

TheExodu5 said:
Well if you're already set for gold, then yeah herbalism/alchemy should do fine. If you're a clothie though, I'd still suggest taking up tailoring, since it'll end up being more useful than alchemy to you. You can always make an alt to take care of your alchemy needs in the future (I think it takes level 40 or so to be maxed out).

I'm thinking that getting into my buddy's guild (who's first in progression on the server) as a casual player will cover a lot of needs. I'm also thinking that if progression is sped up from 20-60 that gear isn't going to be as much of a concern. I'll be playing solo most of the time, and the alchemy buffs seem like they'd make a bigger difference. Again, I could be totally wrong here since I haven't touched the game in over two years.

Another question... did they update the engine? My framerate is horrible, even with most of the sliders near the bottom. I'm piecing a new PC together from used parts; e6300 that supposedly ran rock solid @ 2.8GHz, Asus P5W, 8600GT, 2GB RAM. Will that let me move the sliders up playing at 1380x768 (37" HDTV)?

CassSept

To posters before, nah, i haven't killed M'uru, it's just after few tries that I thought he will be a lot harder.
@SatelliteofLove: That's why I'm saying about controlling P1, I would've used numbers but that's useless because you can just zerg M'uru and get him down and /flex with % of M'uru
@fularu: Well, it would be hard for us to kill pre-nerf M'uru since we killed Illidan after Default was already farming KJ :p And my guild is progressing pretty decent anyway, we overtook about 5 guilds that killed illidan before us and caught to 2 that were farming Illidan before 2.4 :p
And still no glaives, for god's sake.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Nub question here.

First serious toon, about to ding 58. (BE ret pally, if it matters)

About half my guildies are telling me to go Outlands right away to get way better gear, the other half are saying wait til 60 for more gold rewards once I ding 70, as well as being better able to "handle" mobs.

Your take, GAF?

P.S. 3-4 hours is about right thus far for 20-60, maybe 4.5-5 for me as a first timer with only an alt-tab guide.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Metroidvania said:
Nub question here.

About half my guildies are telling me to go Outlands right away to get way better gear, the other half are saying wait til 60 for more gold rewards once I ding 70, as well as being better able to "handle" mobs.

Your take, GAF?

P.S. 3-4 hours is about right thus far for 20-60, maybe 4.5-5 for me as a first timer with only an alt-tab guide.

Go to outlands. Leveling in TBC is much better than original wow. More quests and grouped better, I've found.

Fularu

Banned
CassSept said:
@fularu: Well, it would be hard for us to kill pre-nerf M'uru since we killed Illidan after Default was already farming KJ :p And my guild is progressing pretty decent anyway, we overtook about 5 guilds that killed illidan before us and caught to 2 that were farming Illidan before 2.4 :p
And still no glaives, for god's sake.

P1 is nothing, it's a snore fest of epic proportions. P2 is when the fight starts. don't believe for a single second that the fight is hard p1 and free kill p2

As for catching up... Kalecgos is easier than Illidan (who's a joke), Brutallus is a tank and spank fight that you learn in 2 nights if your guild doesn't suck, Felmyst is a free lootbag boss rewarding you for killing brutallus and the twins, since the ledge strat are probably on a lucifron level of difficulty.

I hope for you that you actually kill M'uru, but don't sell the bear(s fur before you actually kill him

So I'm back from a long WoW break. I've got a level 70 Orc Warrior, and I'm not sure what I should do.

Are there any decent quests or dungeons I should be looking out for?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Epix said:
How do you check your stats like +healing and +damage?
you just started playing or something?

you press C to view the character pane.

Metroidvania said:
Nub question here.

Your take, GAF?

outlands.

money isn't a problem at 70.

TheExodu5

Banned
Epix said:
Har Har. I didn't notice the stats for healing a damage bonuses though.

Click the drop down list, click magic/spells/whateveritscalled. If you need more info on any particular stat, just mouse over the number and it gives you the specifics.

DubloSeven said:
So I'm back from a long WoW break. I've got a level 70 Orc Warrior, and I'm not sure what I should do.

Are there any decent quests or dungeons I should be looking out for?

How well geared are you? If you're still in greens and blues, then you have a few options:

1) Do the higher level dungeons (anything rated for lvl 70 like Shadow Labs, Tempest Keep, etc...). Once you're blue-ed up and have rep with the different factions, you can start doing heroics. Also worth nothing is that there's a 5-piece blue PvP set you get from the different rep factions that can get you started nicely as well.

2) Do BattleGrounds. Honor farm your way to epic PvP gear, which is more than good enough to get you going in PvE.

After you're geared, then you can start raiding Karazhan.

Also, there's a new area called Isle of Quel'Danis (or something like that). There, you can do 10 or so daily quests to farm for gold. In about an hours time, you make around 100g. Try to do these every day if you can.

CassSept

Fularu said:
P1 is nothing, it's a snore fest of epic proportions. P2 is when the fight starts. don't believe for a single second that the fight is hard p1 and free kill p2

As for catching up... Kalecgos is easier than Illidan (who's a joke), Brutallus is a tank and spank fight that you learn in 2 nights if your guild doesn't suck, Felmyst is a free lootbag boss rewarding you for killing brutallus and the twins, since the ledge strat are probably on a lucifron level of difficulty.

I hope for you that you actually kill M'uru, but don't sell the bear(s fur before you actually kill him
I see, there are a lot of people saying its the other way (reach P2 = kill), but there are also other myths so I guess you might be right
Kalecgos may be easy, but damn, he isn't as easy as Illidan (saying he is a joke is not enough).
As for the ledge strat.... DO NOT WANT. But actually killing Twins took us less than other SWP bosses.
And well, about M'uru the annoying thing is that there always has to be some single retard who fucks up and wipes whole raid, sigh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom