• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kletian

Weenerz said:
50 mounts period, so go buy all the netherdrakes, your horde faction flying mounts and all the lvl30 mounts you can afford

Do you need to be able to ride said mounts? or have them in the inventory, because hell if I'm going to grind IF and Darnassus Rep for this.

fid

Neo Member
Ok so I need a little help..What can I do to get enough gold for my epic flying mount? My profs are basically nothing because I was focused on leveling and all I am doing now is doing the sso dailies. What should i farm or should i raise my mining/herb and make money off of that?

Kletian

Weenerz said:
Level skinning and herbing or skinning and mining.

Skinning Herbing would be you best bet. Once the patch hits, I can easily see an inflation in the price of herbs from people wanting to grind inscription.

So, what's the best way to grind IF, Darnassus, and Exodar rep, just barely hit Revered on all three so far and really don't feel like farming thousands of stacks of Runecloth. I want to get one of those Albino Drakes but only have access to about 25 mounts right now.

Epix

Is Bloodlust the most prolific Alliance Battlegroup? If not, what is? I'm sick of losing countless AV and EotS battles on Emberstorm.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Weenerz said:
When you kill other players in AV, they drop items you can turn in at your base for certain events in AV.

Bah, no one does those anymore OR has any time for it. It's just a zerg rush to the generals now.

Kintaco

ManaByte said:
Bah, no one does those anymore OR has any time for it. It's just a zerg rush to the generals now.
It is an option, you don't have much time to do them, but you can do a few per match. Stay in Defense so you can be close to the NPC. That's how I got exalted with Org w/my rogue. Plus you are getting honor and marks, so it's not too shabby.

Has anyone bought that Blizzard Authenticator thing ? I have so many geared 70s that I've been thinking about getting one even though I've never had trouble with hackers and I don't share my account info or play on other people's computers. It just seems like a pain in the ass having to use a random password every time though.

firex

I got exalted with everyone doing their newbie zone quests on my orc shaman and then turning in all my spare runecloth for silvermoon. Takes like 5 minutes at most to blast through those level 1-4 quests too.

mollipen

Let me add another noob question - I've started a Priest, and I still know little about the ways of healing and magic users. (I'm coming from a Hunter main, so all I know about is the agility and the stamina and the pewpew and stuff like that.)

I'm current at level 17, and facing this choice: one piece of armor with +2 Int and +2 Spirit (result is +30 mana) versus another piece of armor with +7 bonus healing. I still haven't gotten a total grasp yet on the finer points of stats when it comes to healing, so which of those is the better route to take? That +7 seems like a nice boost, but I'm not totally sure how big a difference that +7 makes, and if it is worth the loss in Int and 30 mana.

PatzCU

shidoshi said:
Let me add another noob question - I've started a Priest, and I still know little about the ways of healing and magic users. (I'm coming from a Hunter main, so all I know about is the agility and the stamina and the pewpew and stuff like that.)

I'm current at level 17, and facing this choice: one piece of armor with +2 Int and +2 Spirit (result is +30 mana) versus another piece of armor with +7 bonus healing. I still haven't gotten a total grasp yet on the finer points of stats when it comes to healing, so which of those is the better route to take? That +7 seems like a nice boost, but I'm not totally sure how big a difference that +7 makes, and if it is worth the loss in Int and 30 mana.

You want the piece of armor with the +2 int and the +2 spirit. Spirit is one of the most important stats for a priest leveling up as it greatly reduces your downtime when mixed with 5/5 Spirit Tap. Also, you don't need to be stacking +healing gear at level 17. To be honest, you won't be doing any real healing until 60+

Milpool

darkressurection said:
Hey guys, bit of a newbie question. I (Blood Elf Paladin) just dinged to 20, am I correct in assuming that I should head to Barrens for quests around that level?

Barrens is 10-25, so you could quest there. You have quite a few options though, see here.

Grampasso

Things getting interesting now with the new patch.
Anyone playing on Darkmoon Faire EU Server? I'm Lunaphrea over there :)

For those craving for fast levelling (suggested if you're grinding alt characters, if it's your first it's better to walk on your own legs): TomTom + Lightheaded + TourGuide = WIN
Excellent step by step addons combo getting all the "safe quests" on various zones so you can always accomplish them alone (no group or dungeon).

witness

So I finally took a look at inscription last night, I just started herbalism a few weeks ago and pick my stuff every once in a while. So herbalism is only to like 70 or 80 something I think. With what I had in my bank I got inscription to about that high, saw what I needed for the next set of stuff (the class specific glyphs) and bought a bunch of the herb thats needed for them back on my live server for dirt cheap. I'm gonna start with the herb collecting again today when the servers come back up though, I'd like to get it maxed out, or close to it when the patch comes out.

Epix

Am I doing PvP wrong? I play AV (I'm level 62 atm) and I average about 250-300 honor per battle. The basic PvP two hand weapon reward is like 24k honor meaning I need to play 100 AV matches to purchase 1 item. I'm very active during the match and can't help wondering if I should be accruing honor at a faster rate.

Nitsuj23

Hey guys I've been out of WoW for about four months because I couldn't stand the constant schedule of doing BT. I just have a couple questions...

1) How do I get into the WotLK beta?
2) Is PvP better in the beta than it is now? I liked playing 2s, but there's not much you can do in 2s as an elemental shaman.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Epix said:
Am I doing PvP wrong? I play AV (I'm level 62 atm) and I average about 250-300 honor per battle. The basic PvP two hand weapon reward is like 24k honor meaning I need to play 100 AV matches to purchase 1 item. I'm very active during the match and can't help wondering if I should be accruing honor at a faster rate.

Well, the amount of honor you get comes mostly from how well your team does - you get 63 honor for each tower you burn, if you kill the boss you get more honor, if you kill the boss and the other side has towers up, etc. And yes, it does take a while to get the honor gear.

Weenerz

Banned
I would worry more about hitting 70 before the expansion comes out than about honor. When WotLK launches, honor and honor tokens are getting wiped out. So hit 70, then honor grind as much as possible.

Kintaco

Epix said:
Also do the PvP daily, it give 400 something honor, and participate in the Bonus weekends. Also don't the weapons require EotS marks?

Weenerz said:
I would worry more about hitting 70 before the expansion comes out than about honor. When WotLK launches, honor and honor tokens are getting wiped out. So hit 70, then honor grind as much as possible.

This is wrong. Honor and tokens will not be wiped out. However, upon reaching level 71 all arena points you have will be wiped.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Anyone awake right now that doesn't mind throwing me a Scroll of Resurrection? You'll get 1 month free! :lol

firex

Epix said:
you get more honor at 70 than you do below it for whatever reason.

Ugh, it looks like my account was hacked. I have every class at 70 except a pally too =\ Woke up to find email saying my pw was changed, and one of my toons xfered. I can't log in because it says its now suspended or banned but I didn't get an email why, I guess they caught on it that it was hacked. Does anyone know how to fix this? All I can find is to email their account admin team but email might take forever =\ I can't find a phone number for them.

yacobod

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Ugh, it looks like my account was hacked. I have every class at 70 except a pally too =\ Woke up to find email saying my pw was changed, and one of my toons xfered. I can't log in because it says its now suspended or banned but I didn't get an email why, I guess they caught on it that it was hacked. Does anyone know how to fix this? All I can find is to email their account admin team but email might take forever =\ I can't find a phone number for them.

pwnd

but seriously just fill out the online webform for illegal/unwanted character transfer, it should be pretty easy to get it reversed, i've had success using it before, basically i sold my account almost a year ago, the guy who bought the account ended up getting the account locked/frozen by blizzard, i ended up retrieving the toon about a year later, all you might have to do is provide ID proof, might have to send a fax to blizzard with your ID and fill out a form with the acct information, should take less than a week to straighten out

pretty ironic considering i think you were claiming how secure your account was, and had no use for the blizzard authenticator, in this or the wotlk thread on gaming side

edit:

DarkAngelYuna said:
Has anyone bought that Blizzard Authenticator thing ? I have so many geared 70s that I've been thinking about getting one even though I've never had trouble with hackers and I don't share my account info or play on other people's computers. It just seems like a pain in the ass having to use a random password every time though.

:lol :lol :lol

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?tag=transferform

fill out this webform, i would call account and billing as well to reset your password and email if you have not already

1-800-59-BLIZZARD fyi

yacobod

Banned
but honestly since honor or arena points dont rolloever to the new xpac i have no incentive to play my 70 hunter or warrior atm

probably going to take a 2 month break til expansion, or level a new toon (unlikely)

yacobod said:
pwnd

but seriously just fill out the online webform for illegal/unwanted character transfer, it should be pretty easy to get it reversed, i've had success using it before, basically i sold my account almost a year ago, the guy who bought the account ended up getting the account locked/frozen by blizzard, i ended up retrieving the toon about a year later, all you might have to do is provide ID proof, might have to send a fax to blizzard with your ID and fill out a form with the acct information, should take less than a week to straighten out

pretty ironic considering i think you were claiming how secure your account was, and had no use for the blizzard authenticator, in this or the wotlk thread on gaming side

edit:

:lol :lol :lol

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?tag=transferform

fill out this webform, i would call account and billing as well to reset your password and email if you have not already

1-800-59-BLIZZARD fyi

I sent an email to Blizzard about an hour ago using the address they provided for the account admin team. They don't provide phone support it seems. Did it take long for them to email you back and get your account working again? I think Blizz got mad I ordered te authenticator earlier this week and canceled it.. Kinda fucked up after 3 years of no problems with wow my account gets hacked, a toon xfered and according to armory tons of gear missing right after canceling that order.. I just placed a new order for one =\ I just want my account back fast.

I really have no idea how it happened. I've never played wow on anyone else's computer, I've never ever shared my account name or password and I'm careful with what I do on here. Adaware, spybot and Avira all say I'm completely clean too. I'm just glad it seems they used someone else's credit card to pay for the xfer since it's not showing up on my credit card online statement. Already reset the temp password but now it say's the account is disabled\banned\suspended so I guess they might have caught on it was being hacked.

yacobod

Banned
ya you should get an email from blizzard within 24 hours, i would still fill out that webform if you have not already, its more likely to get replied to faster than a normal email

i've bought/sold/stolen/traded quite a few of accounts, so have quite a bit of experience with dealing with blizzard

as long as you are the original owner of the account, it should be pretty easy to get it back, just be patient

as far as your gear that typically happens if your account gets stolen, they might shard all your gear for gold or vendor what they cant sell on the AH, GMs should be able to restore all your gear

edit:

hope that your account is just frozen/locked and not banned, because if they banned your account then you might be fucked

yacobod said:
ya you should get an email from blizzard within 24 hours, i would still fill out that webform if you have not already, its more likely to get replied to faster than a normal email

i've bought/sold/stolen/traded quite a few of accounts, so have quite a bit of experience with dealing with blizzard

as long as you are the original owner of the account, it should be pretty easy to get it back, just be patient

as far as your gear that typically happens if your account gets stolen, they might shard all your gear for gold or vendor what they cant sell on the AH, GMs should be able to restore all your gear

edit:

hope that your account is just frozen/locked and not banned, because if they banned your account then you might be fucked
If my account isn't returned I'll drive to Blizzard and someone will die. I have every class at 70 except for a pally and in s2-s4 gear. Someone will pay. I'll fill out the form now too just incase. I want my account back more than anything, the gear will be replaced in 2 months with LK anyways but I just can't do all that leveling again =\
Strangely I can still play on the PTR and Lich King beta.

Well I called Blizzard to find out wtf is going on even though those people can't really help me and she said the account has a 72 hour suspension for using a 3rd part program. Hopefully the account people reply to my email and fix it before than =\
I'm trying to figure out how my pw was stolen. The only things downloaded onto my pc over the past week was quest helper from curse gaming and the spore update. I've heard of people having trouble with viruses from curse but I'm using firefox+no script.. I also use arenajunkies.com and have heard of people getting viruses from ads on that site..but again firefox+no script. =\

Email just came from the girl I talked to, it seems this 3rd party program gave the hacker an advantage over other players =\. I just want to play again and get at least my warlocks gear back since he's the only one I plan on leveling to 80. I might even keep the druid on stormscale since it's a free xfer and I hate my realm. Good thing I only had 2000g on my account, lawl. My gear better get restored it. I find it strange that according to armory they didn't touch my rogue who has the most expensive gear by far and max JC.

Kintaco

My account was recently hacked, and all my gear and money was restored. The account was never banned however, but the gear took about a month to restore. They did it in waves, some was restored quicker than others.

Kintaco said:
My account was recently hacked, and all my gear and money was restored. The account was never banned however, but the gear took about a month to restore. They did it in waves, some was restored quicker than others.
Wow once I get my account back if I gotta wait for the gear that long I guess I'll be leveling that stupid pally =\

Yah, hackers are getting good about placing loggers now; it's no longer "No-Script, good anti-virus program regiment, and dont copy/paste WoW forum links" anymore.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
The only real way to be 100% secured from keyloggers is to type down your password via window's onscreen keyboard into a text file, save, and when you need it, open the text file, copy and paste it in wow's login via CTRL-V.

Lots of hassle but..

Epix

Buggy Loop said:
The only real way to be 100% secured from keyloggers is to type down your password via window's onscreen keyboard into a text file, save, and when you need it, open the text file, copy and paste it in wow's login via CTRL-V.

Lots of hassle but..
I guess...except then you're keeping files around with your account info on them.

PatzCU said:
Maybe Blizzard is hacking people's accounts so they feel unsafe and order the Blizzard Authenticator
That's what I thought. After 3 years of no problems my account get hacked, toons raped 2 days after I cancel my Blizzard Authenticator order. :lol :lol

Buggy Loop said:

Lots of hassle but..

New loggers nail that method too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom