• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The level 60 locks in my guild complain all the time about how useless he feels at 60. All i know about warlocks.

We did molten core last night. We got Lucifron to 60% with both guards dead, but then the server went down. Instance doesn't save until Luci is dead, so we would have had to start over. It was fun while it lasted. I logged and cried myself asleep.

Oh, I did a respec to a dual swords, seal of fate build. I like it.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
shoplifter said:
LOL. You guys are still playing WoW? LOL.

Eh, you swore off the guy who posted this troll in your EQ2 thread... so why would you sink down to the level you perceive of him?

Plus, one person trolling does not represent the views of everyone in this thread. =P

Ferrio

Banned
commish said:
The level 60 locks in my guild complain all the time about how useless he feels at 60. All i know about warlocks.

Odd, people always looking for warlocks in raids. Soulstone and their AoE are invaluable to raid instance parties.

shoplifter

MrCheez said:
Eh, you swore off the guy who posted this troll in your EQ2 thread... so why would you sink down to the level you perceive of him?

Plus, one person trolling does not represent the views of everyone in this thread. =P

I know, I'm just tired of the endless trolls in EQ threads. We don't troll you guys (and i know it's not all of you.) I don't think there's been a single EQ thread that someone hasn't trolled in, aside from the new one in this forum.

On a brighter note, I've played both, and I liked EQ more, but I can see why people would like one over the other. I hope all y'all give EQ a try at some point, I'll probably play WoW again after I do the endgame stuff in EQ.

firex

shoplifter said:
I know, I'm just tired of the endless trolls in EQ threads. We don't troll you guys (and i know it's not all of you.) I don't think there's been a single EQ thread that someone hasn't trolled in, aside from the new one in this forum.

On a brighter note, I've played both, and I liked EQ more, but I can see why people would like one over the other. I hope all y'all give EQ a try at some point, I'll probably play WoW again after I do the endgame stuff in EQ.
I'm planning on playing EQ2 when I'm burned out on WOW. It looks and sounds nicer than the initial impressions gave me.

ManaByte

firex said:
I'm planning on playing EQ2 when I'm burned out on WOW. It looks and sounds nicer than the initial impressions gave me.

That doesn't stop the WoW trolls from trolling every single EQ thread made (exept the one on the Online forum...for now).

firex

commish said:
the debuff limit (which is going to be either expanded or removed) is what makes warlocks so boring in raids... yes, soulstones, healthstones and aoe are nice along with banish, but because of the stupid fucking debuff limit I can't really use any DOTs except maybe immolate (and then quickly conflagrate to kill the effect). they wind up getting knocked off by other debuffs, so in raids all I do is put curse of recklessness on mobs (and hope it doesn't get knocked off, atm the guild I'm in has too few level 60s for us to do any raids beyond UBRS, plus not many of us have the onyxia key yet) and sit back and shadowbolt while my imp attacks. boring as fuck but at least for now, UBRS goes by fast enough with 15-20 people.

I got a doomguard once with curse of doom and managed to enslave it, and this pet is so awesome. so fuck you blizzard for forcing warlocks to rely on enslave for this pet when our standard pets blow so much (my imp is a dps machine, but jesus fuck, who wants to use their level 4 pet all the way up to level 60??).

Ferrio

Banned
Finally got my Essence of Air transmute today... now I can get some Stormshroud pieces made.

Went to origrimmar solo and killed off 8 horde players.

The weaponswitch mod rules. Instantly switches to my backstabbing dagger when i'm stealthed, and switches back to my combat weapons when i'm unstealthed.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the class-specific mods are very handy.

I'm currently using:

* CTMod (For extra hotbars, ok it's not class specific, but it is essential IMO)
* ShardTrackerLite (Tracks the number of Soul Shards & allows quick stone creation & shard sorting)
* Voidwalker AutoSacrifice (Oh boy, now THIS rocks, allows you to set a threshold, when your VW's HP drops below this he autocasts sacrifice)

I'm hoping to find a good "global cooldown" indicator, the glowy buttons type deal of the default UI is too imprecise for me. Any suggestions?

firex

I don't use any ui mods aside from ctmod. I just put shards into my last bag slot, it's easy to manage them there.

Also, for any engineers out there, I've found that salt shakers are pretty good cash. Probably more on the horde since there are more leatherworkers there, but I can pretty easily sell one for 15g and it doesn't take long to gather the materials for them. The rarest part is gold which isn't that hard to find.

nataku

criticalerror.gif

Anyone else get this error when trying to patch? I posted on the WoW tech support forum but of course... the forums crashed right after I posted it. Keep getting that damn error page when I try to visit a forum.

Not really sure how to fix it... restarting WoW does nothing. Thinking of deleting those files but... I dunno.

nataku said:
criticalerror.gif

Anyone else get this error when trying to patch? I posted on the WoW tech support forum but of course... the forums crashed right after I posted it. Keep getting that damn error page when I try to visit a forum.

Not really sure how to fix it... restarting WoW does nothing. Thinking of deleting those files but... I dunno.

I've never seen a error like that with the downloader...

But during CB when I would have it crash while installing the patches... The only way I ever got them to install right was to uninstall WoW, delete WoW from the registry, restart, and then reinstall.

SaitoH

Ferrio said:
The weaponswitch mod rules. Instantly switches to my backstabbing dagger when i'm stealthed, and switches back to my combat weapons when i'm unstealthed.

Weaponswitch mod?

Please enlighten.

^w^

Tamanon

Banned
To be fair, I never used Seal of the Crusader on my Pally Alt because I was under the impression it actually did what it says haha.

And of course the Spider Belt had to be nerfed. If a 60 Plate class is wearing a 31 Cloth belt, there's a problem;)

nataku said:
criticalerror.gif

My latency is hovering around 500 on Shattered Hand; ah, patch day.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ferrio said:
Odd, people always looking for warlocks in raids. Soulstone and their AoE are invaluable to raid instance parties.

Can't say I have ever seen "LFM Warlock", but I suppose it may happen. Their SS is nice for alliance, but a paladin's DI can accomplish the same thing; just takes a little more skill and teamwork to use it effectively.

Like firex mentioned, it's because their mojo gets knocked off mobs too easy/fast. That needs a good fixing asap.

firex

I haven't done any real raid instances (just raided some of the level 60 instances that are too buggy/frustrating right now to 5 man), but I did some outdoor raiding in blasted lands... aoe wasn't any good there.

firex said:
I haven't done any real raid instances (just raided some of the level 60 instances that are too buggy/frustrating right now to 5 man), but I did some outdoor raiding in blasted lands... aoe wasn't any good there.

Ah, the instance runs are what I meant. Alot of that shit quite simply can't be done without aoe (Baron comes to mind most especially). I'm sure warlocks are near useless for anything but utility in Molten Core. Gogogo 10/8/whatever debuff limit when you are fucking attacking 3 guys with 40 people.

Oh, another thing. I'm becoming more and more happy with my choice of being a hunter. I mean, level 50-60 pets become near useless, making the play so completely different than anything before, but it's not bad at all. Ranged constant dps rocks hard against bosses. I've got no objection to staying out of aoe range and never getting hate.

Plus there is ton that can be done to prevent a wipe as a hunter. Not that it matters alot in all these buggy instances, but it's fun to take an entire room of adds and smash it down to the one or two fuckers who are evade bugged.

bjork

I just got this game yesterday, but I *really* don't want to sift through 2000+ posts looking for tips and information...

I made a night elf druid, and so far all I've done is hit spiders and pigs (and a frog that I felt bad for killing afterwards).

Can anyone be good enough to give me some quick helpful hints for getting around and actually accomplishing things? Thanks.

Bregor

bjork said:
I just got this game yesterday, but I *really* don't want to sift through 2000+ posts looking for tips and information...

I made a night elf druid, and so far all I've done is hit spiders and pigs (and a frog that I felt bad for killing afterwards).

Can anyone be good enough to give me some quick helpful hints for getting around and actually accomplishing things? Thanks.

NO! Not the frog! Now the mighty race of frog people known as Murlocs will attack you on sight!

;)

What lvl are you currently?

bjork said:

A GA IRC member choosing a night elf!?!?!??!?!?!

HEINOUS CRIME!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
commish said:
Can't say I have ever seen "LFM Warlock", but I suppose it may happen. Their SS is nice for alliance, but a paladin's DI can accomplish the same thing; just takes a little more skill and teamwork to use it effectively.

Like firex mentioned, it's because their mojo gets knocked off mobs too easy/fast. That needs a good fixing asap.
I saw it once... for an underwater quest : (

bjork

Bregor said:
NO! Not the frog! Now the mighty race of frog people known as Murlocs will attack you on sight!

;)

What lvl are you currently?

Only level 3, I installed and just checked out how it works last night. Haven't tried any quests or anything as of yet.

firex

ah.. do quests, then. That's the core of the gameplay. It's not quite like older MMORPGs where you might get fewer quests that take a long time, or are totally randomized.

Yeah, quests are great because they score you bonus loot, XP, cash, and last but not least a higher reputation from the faction of the dude who gave you the quest, which leads to lower sale prices down the road once you get a good rep.

Try and keep an eye out for quests that give rewards that will benefit your character best, and concentrate on those; especially ones that will score you a great weapon, (don't buy gear from vendors!) :)

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Vendors are a rip off when it comes to gear:) Also definitely do any quests that give you A Sack of Coins. You get a good reward AND a bag, hehe. Useful early on.

Ferrio said:

thats cool...my firends both picked rogue....and both have the same hair and face just differnt colors. I'll show this to them, probally have to show it to them more then once till they get it.....

and I thought it would be fun to play with RL friends not babysitting

Ikse

Proposed Druid updates

I'm pretty pleased with those tbh - finally a cat form finisher, no res timer on rebirth and a new ability coming that Bear form can heal itself with rage.

More to come aswell - its not enough to make it FOTM but its a nice enough upgrade for us.

Just hoping that "More to come" will include our HoT's not dispellable

Rorschach

Ikse said:
Proposed Druid updates

I'm pretty pleased with those tbh - finally a cat form finisher, no res timer on rebirth and a new ability coming that Bear form can heal itself with rage.

More to come aswell - its not enough to make it FOTM but its a nice enough upgrade for us.

Just hoping that "More to come" will include our HoT's not dispellable
:OO

+5 Blizzard.

I agree with the fixes and with what they chose to keep the same. I would like Hurricane to work better, but they do have a valid point.

Alex

If this content patch is half as big as they say it'll be and with all the stuff they've talked about, it's gonna murder those handful of folks still clinging to 56k, ouch.

Alex

The next one, all they ever say is how much crap will be in the "upcoming content patch", I don't personally understand why they need to withhold everything, including bug fixes to make some mega patch but oh well.

The Druid stuff is really nice, I just wish they'd throw Warriors such a bone. Druids got a very nice, in-depth reply on what will be added and fixed pitched to the devs from a mod that PLAYS a Druid.

Warriors got a half assed, and downright condescending reply from a very out of touch developer.

I honestly just pity 'em. Warriors are downright fodder in1 on 1 PvP versus too many classes unless played very well, I've never lost to one. And they have no solid fixes in sight that I'm aware of.

Although, to be fair, they're solid in group PvP (this is just what I hear, hehe) and in Instances, but with the current state of the game, and with the future in mind...eh.... They really need to make some large scale tweaks./

Alex

:O oooh, new servers coming soon. Marked as down in the realm status page. I can already see people crowding around the "starting line" for the PvP one.

firex

sweet, I can't wait. I doubt they're new types, but I hope it takes some stress off kilrogg. Currently it's probably one of the higher populated servers.

ManaByte

Alex said:
:O oooh, new servers coming soon. Marked as down in the realm status page. I can already see people crowding around the "starting line" for the PvP one.

?? I don't see any new ones listed as "down". I just see Cenarius, Proudmoore, Ner’zhul, Tichondrius, Icecrown, Destromath and Spinebreaker down and those are down for emergency maintenance.

Edit: I see them now, nevermind.

ManaByte

firex said:
sweet, I can't wait. I doubt they're new types, but I hope it takes some stress off kilrogg. Currently it's probably one of the higher populated servers.

These are the ones that were listed:

Eldre'Thalas (Normal)
Scarlet Crusade (RP)
Shadow Council (RP)
Spirestone (PvP)

I'm happy that I finally made it to level 51 over the weekend. I see the promised land of 60 off in the distance. Hopefully I can put the nail in the coffin over break and then work on tying up loose ends like professions, better equipment, etc.

Not making a second charater so I'll be getting a lot more free time in the near future. :lol

firex

sweet... I just got the dreadmist belt on my warlock. First part of the set, and one of the harder ones (random drop instead of named).

Alex said:
The next one, all they ever say is how much crap will be in the "upcoming content patch", I don't personally understand why they need to withhold everything, including bug fixes to make some mega patch but oh well.

The Druid stuff is really nice, I just wish they'd throw Warriors such a bone. Druids got a very nice, in-depth reply on what will be added and fixed pitched to the devs from a mod that PLAYS a Druid.

Warriors got a half assed, and downright condescending reply from a very out of touch developer.

I honestly just pity 'em. Warriors are downright fodder in1 on 1 PvP versus too many classes unless played very well, I've never lost to one. And they have no solid fixes in sight that I'm aware of.

Although, to be fair, they're solid in group PvP (this is just what I hear, hehe) and in Instances, but with the current state of the game, and with the future in mind...eh.... They really need to make some large scale tweaks./

My first WoW toon was a 2h Ax Orc Warrior. From what I read in the class description and racial characteristics, I figured it would have everything to recreate my old "Smarty Barb" HG Barbarian template from SB: melee destroying Disarm, Thunder Clap, and Sunder Armor; Shield Bash, (if it was equipped), and that heal debuff for casters; and Rage Stance for sheer awesome DPS...right? He now sits at 8 in Orgrimmar, untouched; with all the Warriors in my guild working an alt on the side so they'll quote "have a character worth a damn" outside of tanking duty in instances.

It sucks, really; the stances restrict a Warrior rather than enable one to truly adapt to situations as needed, (aka "stance dance"). It's almost as if Blizz got caught up in the "Warrior = Tank" mentality and forgot for the most part what makes a melee in PvP combat tick. You need survivability, you need nasty things you can do to squishy casters, and you need a way to rush that shit down and stay in their faces until they're bashed in.

Tweaks that I think they should have include but are not limited to the following:

Faster Rage gain, (tied to a larger price for some skills for balance)

Nastier bleeds. I want fountains if I'm swinging a 5 foot sword, you know?

Snare break on a 30 second timer. I mean, jeez; it's common sense, really.

Increased swing speed and/or damage per swing in Rage stance. I expect "less Armor, more DPS" from something devoted to something called "Rage".

+5% - 10% more HP. I know Tauren have this love already, but against a Mage/Shadow Priest/Shaman/Druid, all that pretty plate mail is useless against most of what the above classes are chucking a Warrior's way. Again, common sense; I've heard of Warlocks with 5k+ HP, and that's the same a Warrior would do, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom