• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
Ikse said:
Hmm, do you still leave around that level if you are playing an UD char?
Yep I leave around level 15 even though I'm an undead then I run the barrens quests and that puts me to around lvl 20-21. You can keep the undead area quests that are higher level and head back there after the barrens too.

Ferrio

Banned
Well I power leveled maybell's engineering to 225. That's pretty good seeing she's only lvl 25. The dynamite and stuff really helps out since she's holy specced.

Ferrio

Banned
You horde are soooooo mean

suitors.jpg

firex

nataku said:
Shaman sounds like a fun class to play and is pretty balanced. Probably will be what I choose when I make a Horde alt. I still think Frost Shock is overpowered, though, and needs a slight nerf. It's snare shouldn't last longer than it's cooldown along with doing 500-1000 (crit) dmg, IMO.
yeah, that's like, the only wrong thing about shamans at all. And it will probably be fixed, but then again, the only way to get a stun if you're a shaman is to be tauren (a large reason why you see so many tauren shamans... people say they are "the best" because of war stomp) so instead of having any stuns, they're just snare masters. There are a couple bugs with frost shock that will be fixed (iirc right now free action potions don't cleanse the effect or make you immune to them) but it's the only thing that really needs a nerf. And only in the snare duration really, since the damage on shocks is pretty crucial to the class having dps while soloing.

I can't read the blizzard wow forums for long with all of the stupidass nerf cries that come out against shamans that amount to "omfg this class has a lot of abilities that are useful. nerf them," but frost shock is like the only thing that will be changed unless blizzard just goes completely insane. Unlike, say, my warlock or my priest (or really, any other class I've played), playing my shaman feels like I'm playing a class that has all of the utility they need to solo, and abilities that make them useful in groups, without feeling 1.5 dimensional (priest) or incomplete (warlock).

firex

oh yeah: funniest random item I've seen in the game (not as funny as the video of the warlock in Bregor's link though) is this rare trinket that drops off some guy in eastern plaguelands, the piccolo of the dancing flame. It makes people around you dance, and plays the little harp noise from when a succubus seduces someone. funny stuff just because this guy in our guild uses it at some rest stops on raids we've done so like 6 people are all dancing at once out of nowhere.

Jim Bowie

I just started playing WoW, and I'm playing on Dolaran.. right now, a lvl 10 dark elf hunter named Gilinor. Is anybody else playing on Dolaran?

Shadax

Banned
WTF happened? How did that gnome warlock kill all those alliance players? I've been trying to read the forum thread about it but as usual, Blizzard's website is slow as balls.

Edit: Nevermind, found out....apparently there's a glitch that allows you to dismiss a pet while certain high-level creature AOE spells are targeting it, then recall it later at any time, and have that AOE spell effect go off on everyone, regardless of horde/alliance.

Malakhov

Banned
In molten core there is a mob that can curse and the warlock had it curse his pet and then dismissed it while he had the curse on it. All he did was go in the AH and get the pet out that still had the active curse on him and then the rest is history.

Badaboum! :lol

I'm seriously getting really close to cancelling. I've been the biggest WoW supporter for like a year now, and it's just fucked how shitty Blizzard has handled the first 3 months. 1 content patch in 3 months and the next one coming god knows when. FFS the mini-patch has been delayed a 2nd week now.

BG's were supposed to be a launch item, and we haven't even reached the final PREVIEW of it yet. While it's good that they want to get things nice and perfect, no matter which way you slice it just screams of being poorly planned. Alterac Valley I seriously doubt was going to be a 51-60 zone.

Little things like bug fixes (or lack thereof), or ninja changes to the game (not in patch notes!) also piss me off. Every week's maintenance is also an excerise in futility ((Servers up, except <insert 20 server names>, those will be up shortly... oh wait <insert 15 servers> are having login issues>)).

The horde lands are relatively lag free so that parts been nice, but I can't imagine how screwed up it is to be Alliance on my server. I shudder at the thought of having to quest in Tarren Mill.

/endvent

*goes back to try and login*

Alex

It's a very good game, but it should still be in beta. That's just my take on it at least.

Although, not sure if it's correct or not, I actually heard VU forced Blizzard into an early launch, the game still needed work, and they're majorly understaffed for the response the game recieved (this, at least, is probably on the money, go to Blizzard.com and check their "now hiring" section)

Malakhov

Banned
I'm neutral about Blizzard's first 3 months, I can't say I like how they handled it but I can't say I didn't like it either.

One thing I'd like to remind some folks though, as far as new content is concerned, do you know it's Blizzard that you are talking about? This is a compagny that worked for more than a year on a patch for Diablo II. They won't release ANYTHING until they are 100% confident about it hence why I think we don't have the Battlegrounds yet. Just be patient it'll come along.

firex

Alex said:
Although, not sure if it's correct or not, I actually heard VU forced Blizzard into an early launch, the game still needed work, and they're majorly understaffed for the response the game recieved (this, at least, is probably on the money, go to Blizzard.com and check their "now hiring" section)
That's what I kept hearing in beta, and I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, anyone familiar with Blizzard's games knows that they'll delay and delay until they feel like they've got it as polished as possible. But VU really wanted this game out with enough time to try and steal the show from EQ2. I basically accepted this since it's not like I could actually change any of it.

Alex

Looks like they hotfix nerfed Paladins Blessing of Light. It now scales depending on the rank of spell, so Paladins can't spam Rank 1's with amazing results.

The balance on the polished classes in WoW is pretty incredible for a game with such heavy sets in PvE and PvP, I just hope Blizzard realizes that instead of listening to their mob mentality forum-goers.

This, of course, needed it, and I don't mind little tweaks and the such, I'd really like to see high end nerfs eliminated entirely though. Sick of that word, haha.

I'm a L33 Horde Priest ... wtf should I be fighting, now?

I've all-but-cleared out Stonetalon, Ashenvale, 1000 Needles, and Southern Barrens. I've moved over to Stranglethorn Vale and have done a lot of quests - everything I have left is orange and has me killing 35+ mobs. 35 I can solo, 36 just baaarely if I'm lucky, anything higher - no way.

I have some letter quests to go to Desolace, Arathi Highlands, and Badlands, but it's my (perhaps erroneous) impression those are all above my capability and geared towards the high 30s.

Where can I get quests my level?

firex

have you done all the quests at the shimmering flats in thousand needles? This is like crunch time for the horde - not a lot of quests here except some early stuff in northern stranglethorn vale at the hunting camp that has you fighting 30s and 31s for a bit (not long enough to level you up to 34 though).

Pfft, there's tons of quests all over. It doesn't turn to hell till lvl 47 or so. Arathi has lvl 32 quests, you can do the first two Hammerfall quests, the Syndicate one, and the first Guile of the Raptor. If you haven't done Hillsbrad, go do that. Between the two you should get to 35 or 36, which means you can either go to Desolace, or finish the lvl 37 quests in STV.

Oh yea, there's also some lower level stuff in fucking Dustwallow. But Dustwallow sucks, so you may not wanna go.

firex said:
have you done all the quests at the shimmering flats in thousand needles? This is like crunch time for the horde - not a lot of quests here except some early stuff in northern stranglethorn vale at the hunting camp that has you fighting 30s and 31s for a bit (not long enough to level you up to 34 though).

Yeah, I've already cleared out the racetrack completely and all the northern Stranglethorn Vale hunting ones - finished the hunting quests tonight, and am only like 1/3 to 34.

Should I try Arathi or Desolace, then?

firex

yeah, I'd go to arathi highlands and do the quests there. also if you haven't done them, the dalaran quests at hillsbrad (which actually go up to alterac mountains) are doable at that level.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
MrAngryFace said:
quests are for idiots, learn to grind.

Most quests can be done WHILE you're grinding, plus give you some nice extra xp or cash at the end.

Also... the priest class isn't exactly the most efficient grinder. =P

MrAngryFace said:
quests are for idiots, learn to grind.

I'm too busy getting FREE xp, FREE cash monies, FREE loot, and buying stuff cheaper from guys I'm Honored too. Not to mention I did that in 1 1/2 years in SB...no more grinding...no, no, no, no, no...

Malakhov

Banned
Jack: Desolace.

There's a quest where you need to kill lvl 30s centaurs then one when you need to kill some lvl 35s or so and then depending on if you're horde or not some quests differ. I'd say go there now.

Malakhov

Banned
btw grinding sucks but when you find a good grinding area, yes it's better than questing even though it can get very boring.

With my rogue at lvl 36 or so I was making 28k exp per hour grinding on some spiders, at that level that meant around 10 quests per hour in terms of actual exp from quests and I was getting very good loot. I did this to level 40 but then got bored after SM.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If you know how to group your quests together, questing is usually faster than grinding at most levels. There are some levels, however, where grinding is better and faster, if not for the quests (or lack thereof), then for the available grinding mobs.

Monk

Banned
Malakhov said:
btw grinding sucks but when you find a good grinding area, yes it's better than questing even though it can get very boring.

With my rogue at lvl 36 or so I was making 28k exp per hour grinding on some spiders, at that level that meant around 10 quests per hour in terms of actual exp from quests and I was getting very good loot. I did this to level 40 but then got bored after SM.

Um, the best grinding areas are the naga cave in feralas when you are ~lvl 43. They are quick easy kills and give lots of xp. At lvl 50-54 nothing beats azshara.

Malakhov

Banned
Monk said:
Um, the best grinding areas are the naga cave in feralas when you are ~lvl 43. They are quick easy kills and give lots of xp. At lvl 50-54 nothing beats azshara.
But like I said, I got bored of grinding at 40 :p

Ikse

Well my EU version arrived today and servers should be up sometime tomorrow - cannot wait.

Decided on a PvP Undead Priest. WotF is too good to miss out on

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
SaitoH said:
I believe he was joking Mrcheez.

^_~

Ahhh, okay... :) I actually know a few people who dislike doing quests and do nothing but grind all the time.

Speaking of grinding... I'm currently wiping out a bunch of elite Scarlet paladins and priests in Hearthglen... and the exp and cash are AWESOME at level 59. Since the mobs are elite they give 600 xp non-rested and as much as 1200 xp rested O_O Normally I wouldn't grind elites, but with some nicely-timed spell interrupts I can solo them just about as fast as I could solo a non-elite mob. :D

Bregor

Grinding is fine if you are in a rush to reach 60. But given that it is so easy to reach the level cap in this game, why rush?

firex

I group for xp on my warlock now. Works nicely, just hit 59 a bit ago and am already a bit over a bubble into it. Just 190000ish more xp to go to hit 60!

If you don't mind dark fiery dungeons that make you think of quake 1 levels (in terms of theme, not graphics) you can go 55-60 fast in blackrock depths from all the quests. You might spend, say, 2 hours in there clearing up 3-4 quests, and earn a good chunk of xp just from all the killing, then cash in those quests for a big jump of about 25k at least for 4 quests. I'm more excited about Dire Maul in Feralas whenever it opens, though, since it seems like the dungeon to do for when you're bored of BRD but not ready for BRS yet.

And Upper BRS is insane... but cool. There's a portal up there that leads to a raid instance that isn't open yet, where you're supposed to be able to fight Nefarion from the Warcraft storyline (basically, an even bigger, tougher dragon than Onyxia).

Thanks for the advice--I hit Desolace and dinged 34 in no time - with new spells and new quests I should hit 35 this weekend and then have smooth sailing for another 10 levels or so.

EDIT: re below, I did the croc and basilisk quests, yeah, thanks tho - only found that NPC by chance.

firex

oh, hey, did you also do some croc quests in stranglethorn vale? At the leatherworker building (called tan-your-hide leatherworkers) there's an npc that gives quests to get croc skins. And in the inn at booty bay there's a guy who gives a quest to get some crystal shards off basilisks you can do (it's an annoying quest, but the frustration of it taking so long to get all 10 shards generally means you also get a fair chunk of xp by the time you complete it).

nataku

Rorschach said:
Same thing that happened with my hunter is going to happen with my druid. At this rate, I'll be 25 and not have any party experience. Why don't people want to party or let me in their existing party? :\ Any ideas on where I should go lfp?

Hunter probably have the hardest time finding groups out of any class in the game. People seem to think that they suck and won't invite them. I spent the most of my time (60 Hunter now) soloing quests for exp. Everyone looks at them as a solo class. I see people yelling in general at the Hunters LFG to "go solo because it's what you're supposed to do" way more often than I would like.

Not really sure about Druids. Honestly, I can't even remember ever grouping with one outside of the first 10 levels and now lately at Lv60. They seem to be really wanted in instance raids as backup healers at Lv60. Had a Druid join an instance raid a couple days ago who was feral spec and almost everyone called him retarded for picking feral. Gotta love it when people try to tell you what way you should spec your character and how to play it...

At Lv25... I don't really remember where I was at. I think I went to Darkshire, which is in eastern Duskwood. Just take the road that heads south west from Redridge. So if you're Alliance, go there. If you're Horde... I have no idea.

firex

Rorschach said:
Same thing that happened with my hunter is going to happen with my druid. At this rate, I'll be 25 and not have any party experience. Why don't people want to party or let me in their existing party? :\ Any ideas on where I should go lfp?

Honestly, anybody who doesn't take along a druid if they need a healer is retarded. I hope you enjoy playing healer because druids are awesome at it. If you don't enjoy playing healer and/or put a lot of talent points into improving animal forms you can also sub in as a tank, or be another damage class (albeit not a great one) that can also heal when things get rough.

Druids need some buffing. I'd really like to see their rebirth spell lose the cooldown, then I think more players would take druids along. They're a very good healer but because of the stupid cooldown on their resurrection spell, not complete enough for a main healer like a priest.

Also, quite frankly, I wouldn't want to group up for instances through the general/looking for group channels if I were you (it seems like these ways you find the worst players). Find a guild, group with them, see if they're nice folks and good players, and you'll be way better off. Really smart players know that restoration specialized druids are a great main healer (as they should be) and feral specialized druids (at least if they pick more of the bearform talents) are pretty good tanks. the problem is if a 5 man group for an instance expects you to be the only healer and rezzer. It's not that you can't (when I did wailing caverns on my warlock, we only had a druid for healer and did fine - because nobody died) but if anybody dies you can only resurrect them every half hour.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah Druids needs some fixing, Caydiem posted the other day on the official board the order of importance for the fixes to the classes:

Warriors > Warlocks > Druids > Priests

nataku

Preists are broken?

Should be Warriors > Warlocks > Druids > Hunters IMO. Hunters need some help to get them out of the whole "Hunters should only solo" mentality people seem to have about them.

Never even knew people were complaing about Priests being broken. What's the big deal with them?

Malakhov said:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-druid&t=52555&p=1&tmp=1#post52555

As far as priests is concerned it might be a fix in the holy talent tree, I have no idea.

Not a single damn one of those is OMG important. I mean, it's frightening that people are listening to this crap. Ent doesn't work indoors because you could fucking stop flee 100% of the time. "Druids don't have a quick cast instant heal, except for their quick cast instant heal". Right. The only thing I agree with is Hurricane and Tranq problems, and Tranq is a big fucking maybe.

Alex

Druids and Priests are the unjustified crybabies of WoW. It's hardly surprising.

To be fair, Druids cat form is indeed pretty broken. In fact, barring its utility functions theres not much of a reason to ever use it. But it's being focused on, so I'm sure good changes are on the way.

From that arguement, I also agree with Dispel. But this isn't a Druid specific arguement, Dispel in the context of PvP on the whole needs to be lessened a few notches, poor Warlock. :(

Priests, well, they're just idiots. Priest is on top of the game in overall utility. Great solo, amazing PvP, insane grouping. They have solid varitey and are pretty damn fun to play to boot.

As for being a Healbot in groups (this is honestly a common complaint), helpful hint!: Don't roll a fucking Priest if you don't want to heal.

Hunter probably have the hardest time finding groups out of any class in the game. People seem to think that they suck and won't invite them. I spent the most of my time (60 Hunter now) soloing quests for exp. Everyone looks at them as a solo class. I see people yelling in general at the Hunters LFG to "go solo because it's what you're supposed to do" way more often than I would like.

Huzzah! BST logic. BST was a fucking monster in a party in FFXI, it was probably overpowered, but no one would ever invite one because it was "the solo job".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom