• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I think the biggest news is buried in that Warrior Sunder Armor bit.

Creature armor globally reduced. That increases all melee DPS.:D

border

The warlock changes don't exactly sound like the Savior of the Class sorta thing they were hyping it to be. PVP survivability still ass....spell rotation for Affliction still involved and confusing as fuck. Getting rid of Siphon Life is nice though.....if you use Haunt to refresh your Corruption, that's now 2 GCDs you don't have to expend.

* Changing stances now has a much reduced cost: you lose a maximum of 20 rage (10 with Tactical Mastery). For example, if you have 100 rage and change stances, you will have 80 rage remaining. If you have 10 rage and change stances, all of your rage is lost. In addition, we may change the penalties associated with some stances.

This seems like an odd choice, given how crazy-conscious they have been about PVP balance. Everyone is going to be getting Overpower'ed up the ass by warriors who used to play it safe staying in Berserker stance.

Epix

Tamanon said:

That part is written kind of strangely. From my perspective it seems like they're trying to say that mob armor has been reduced to the point that armor on mobs after the patch will be equivalent to armor on a debuffed mob before the patch. You guys reading that the same way?

Tamanon

Banned
Epix said:
That part is written kind of strangely. From my perspective it seems like they're trying to say that mob armor has been reduced to the point that armor on mobs after the patch will be equivalent to armor on a debuffed mob before the patch. You guys reading that the same way?

Well, they're lowering the percentage of armor reduced by Sunder Armor, but they're making it so damage against a fully sundered mob would be the same. That means they're lowering armor on mobs period. So if you're out soloing or don't have a warrior, you'll do more damage.

border

They seem to imply that the net effect of the Sunder Armor change will be zero in PVE. 5 Sunders would have resulted in -4000 armor, prior to changes.

Now five sunders will be -20% armor.

I don't see how it can be equivalent, unless you give every mob 20,000 armor (therefore a 20% reduction would mean armor reduced by 4000).

Ashodin

border said:
The warlock changes don't exactly sound like the Savior of the Class sorta thing they were hyping it to be. PVP survivability still ass....spell rotation for Affliction still involved and confusing as fuck. Getting rid of Siphon Life is nice though.....if you use Haunt to refresh your Corruption, that's now 2 GCDs you don't have to expend.

* Changing stances now has a much reduced cost: you lose a maximum of 20 rage (10 with Tactical Mastery). For example, if you have 100 rage and change stances, you will have 80 rage remaining. If you have 10 rage and change stances, all of your rage is lost. In addition, we may change the penalties associated with some stances.

This seems like an odd choice, given how crazy-conscious they have been about PVP balance. Everyone is going to be getting Overpower'ed up the ass by warriors who used to play it safe staying in Berserker stance.
I guess you missed the part how the changes aren't everything they are going to reveal yet. They never are.

TomServo

Maxrpg said:
I guess you missed the part how the changes aren't everything they are going to reveal yet. They never are.

Especially since there's nothing mentioned about destruction talents, and some of us don't like playing affliction.

firex said:
I have yet to do AN, Oculus or OK on heroic because nobody runs those on kilrogg but of all the other heroics, the easiest ones for me are, in this order:
UK
CoS
HoL
HoS (oddly the maiden fight can be bad if your healer doesn't know how to break her group gouge, and tribunal can suck only when the lasers come in because they can target Bronzebeard and instagib him, or you can have really dumb dps that doesn't move out of them)
Gundrak
DTK
Nexus
VH
UP

UP can be annoying because of how dps don't think they need any gear at all now to run heroics. So if you get shit dps for UP, it makes fights like Skadi and even the first boss a pain in the ass.

There is a huge gap between H-VH and H-UP in difficulty, too. I just put H-Nexus and DTK up there because their bosses can actually kill people on heroic and the achievements for all the bosses but the final one are actually kind of tough to get. H-VH varies, but I consider the jin'do boss and the ethereal boss to be pretty frustrating, which can make it into a tougher heroic compared to getting every other boss in there (all pretty easy to fight, honestly).

for me (haven't done AN, HoS, Oculus)

UK
CoS
DTK
Nexus
HoL (cake walk to Loken, and he's not tough if group is on same page)
UP (I try to bring as many plate wearers as possible lol)
GunDrak (first boss can be a pain if the group isn't on the same page)
VH (the multi mob spawns often catch me off guard ie with little rage to aoe)
OK (first boss is a total pain. Outside of the last boss I just don't like this instance)

VH isn't hard but I just need to work on picking up the mobs faster. The boss with the voids can be a pain. Xevozz is easy as hell when you kite him up the ramp

Ashodin

TomServo said:
Especially since there's nothing mentioned about destruction talents, and some of us don't like playing affliction.
The last set of changes (hunter, dk, mage, pld) are what interest me the most. I am assuming the last four are last for the simple reason that they've changed them already so much recently, which means the refining process of them is going to be very interesting to look at.

PhoenixDark said:
for me (haven't done AN, HoS, Oculus)

UK
CoS
DTK
Nexus
HoL (cake walk to Loken, and he's not tough if group is on same page)
UP (I try to bring as many plate wearers as possible lol)
GunDrak (first boss can be a pain if the group isn't on the same page)
VH (the multi mob spawns often catch me off guard ie with little rage to aoe)
OK (first boss is a total pain. Outside of the last boss I just don't like this instance)

VH isn't hard but I just need to work on picking up the mobs faster. The boss with the voids can be a pain. Xevozz is easy as hell when you kite him up the ramp

For me ive done everything on heroic and done alot of the heroic achivements.

UK
CoS
Gundrak (this can be done in about 15-20min of cake walking)
Nexus
HoL
VH
OK
DTK
UP
HoS
AN (annoying if you are with a pug because almost all players that you dont know are bad)
Oculous (worst instance in the entire game)

Hero

Glad they reverted the mob armor values since they had to artifically inflate them due to Hunter DPS being so crazy back in beta.

etiolate

Banned
Chain lightning hitting four but doing less damage isn't a real aoe fix.

Did Heroic Naxx last night, me and another Ele Shaman. On trash we weren't even top 10 or 12. On bosses we were top 4. Not that trash clearing is hard, but the gap is huge. Blizzard thinks magma totem + chain lightning is great aoe dps. They are right in that it can be, but the time it takes to run up, drop a totem, then cast another spell is enough of a time gap that most everything is dead from all channeled and instant aoe by others. Magma totem barely gets off a tick before things die. If aoe becomes a real test in Ulduar, then the issue may matter more.

Totems need mobility. It's not worth redropping them in naxx every mob, as you barely have time to dps yourself in between totem dropping and things dying. Then you got to redrop them again 10 seconds later. The issue is big enough that leveling Shamans don't bother dropping their totems. It's the only class that doesn't cast its own self buffs while leveling, just due to how much of a pain it is do constantly do so. A shaman buffing itself levels slower than a Shaman who just forgoes it.

Scum

Woo! Finally! I have both Jewelcrafting and Mining @ 450! \o/
Off to Dalaran for some fancy recipes for kickass bling! :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:

Not necessarily. It ends up as a buff to other classes vis a vis Warriors; because it's goal is to nerf the shit out of Sunder Armor, which most raid/5 mans had already. Very very few 10 man groups were running without Sunder Armor.

I guess it would be a buff if you didn't have Sunder Armor already. To be honest, I'm losing interest pretty rapidly :-/ None of this is exciting for the simple fact that they change shit with the intent to leave the overall effect exactly the same.

Stop changing meaningless shit for no good goddamn reason, Blizz. A better way to excite players rather than going "lol we moved a bunch of shit around with the intent of leaving the effect the same" would be to just fucking show us goddamned Ulduar.

Just leave the game as is and make us some new shit to do.

Lain

So manaregen is gonna get "fixed".
I wonder how they are gonna change spiritual attunement to nerf the mana you get back as Holy, since it isn't specified in their planning.
I'm surely gonna miss DP the way it is now tho.
I also wonder how much druids and priests are gonna get affected as well with the lowering manaregen during the fsr.

firex

Angry Grimace said:
The Maiden fight is pretty easy if you have a Warrior tank because Berserker Rage breaks the sap effect and the cast time is long enough that you can just stnad in the void zone to break it the second time.
I'm a paladin tank so I get woken up when she hits me. It's just bad if the healer doesn't know how to break her group gouge/sap/whatever because even way past the defense cap it can be tough to survive the whole duration of that incapacitate on the healer.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
I'm a paladin tank so I get woken up when she hits me. It's just bad if the healer doesn't know how to break her group gouge/sap/whatever because even way past the defense cap it can be tough to survive the whole duration of that incapacitate on the healer.
Watch her cast bar and when she casts the incapacitate effect move into the black void zones that she leaves around the field; the void zone will break the incapacitate effect instantly and you can pick her back up immediately. She doesn't hit hard enough to kill you in that time, since the only way you die is if she aggros a healer during that point.

Angry Grimace

Lain said:
So manaregen is gonna get "fixed".
I wonder how they are gonna change spiritual attunement to nerf the mana you get back as Holy, since it isn't specified in their planning.
I'm surely gonna miss DP the way it is now tho.
I also wonder how much druids and priests are gonna get affected as well with the lowering manaregen during the fsr.
"fixed" is a good way of putting it.

None of this stuff needs to be changed. It's getting changed because they "can." Not because it "needs" to be.

firex

oh, she hits me anyway because I'm always on top of threat. I just meant that the healer may not always be able to get woken up using the method you said, same with dps, so I might wind up having to solo her until everyone else wakes up.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
oh, she hits me anyway because I'm always on top of threat. I just meant that the healer may not always be able to get woken up using the method you said, same with dps, so I might wind up having to solo her until everyone else wakes up.
Her sleep spell is an aggro dump. If you don't clear it she'll kill whomever she feels like, generally the healer due to the fact that any HoTs you have on still register aggro. A forced targeting effect such as the 3-second forced attack from challenging shout, taunt or mocking blow will work if timed right, but I usually just jump in the void zones.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Angry Grimace said:
"fixed" is a good way of putting it.

None of this stuff needs to be changed. It's getting changed because they "can." Not because it "needs" to be.
A few months back I really liked your posts but for some reason now they seem full of complaints and a let down to read. Them changing things around will minorly switch things up keeping it somewhat ever changing. Ulduar would be great but 80% of us out there aren't stressing over it because we don't have 25 naxx on farm yet. We're still taking 2 nights in there instead of 1, and not all of us are tiered out and best piece in slotted.

PVP or roll an alt, or take a break from wow. I almost get depressed and question my loving of the game when reading your posts lately and its unnecessary. This game is better than its been preBC and through BC.

Within a couple months i assume ulduar will be here and off we go! :D

Angry Grimace

vumpler said:
A few months back I really liked your posts but for some reason now they seem full of complaints and a let down to read. Them changing things around will minorly switch things up keeping it somewhat ever changing. Ulduar would be great but 80% of us out there aren't stressing over it because we don't have 25 naxx on farm yet. We're still taking 2 nights in there instead of 1, and not all of us are tiered out and best piece in slotted.

PVP or roll an alt, or take a break from wow. I almost get depressed and question my loving of the game when reading your posts lately and its unnecessary. This game is better than its been preBC and through BC.

More likely, we'll quit and play something else. Heck, neither am I. I've cleared Naxxramas (in it's entirety) once, but it's hard to have incentive to do it three more times since there's nothing else to shoot for beyond it. My personal problem with it is that they think that having 10 and 25 man versions is equal to having 2 separate raids/dungeons, but really it isn't.

I'm not saying it's worse than it ever has been, just that as a casual/hardcore player I find less and less interesting things to do, since there's not really enough content to justify continually shaking up class mechanics.

I just don't seem to get why they're continually making minor alterations to class mechanics instead of simply balancing future encounters around mechanics as-is, especially when the goal around rebalancing is to leave things the same. The real reason is: they're desperately trying to keep the PvP scene alive since it has no "end" to it, but it's been apparent since day one that PvP is inherently inbalanced.

thatbox

Banned
The mana regen changes are hilarious. The problem isn't and has never been oofsr regen,which gave priests and druids their own fun flavors. The problem is obviously replenishment and how well it scales with Intellect. Even before this change (but since 3.0), Int was better than Spirit for raiding holy priests and now it's just going to be laughable. Nobody paying attention to the fsr = further homogenization of classes, here we come!

Actually, seeing the Divine Plea to self-MS change, maybe I'll stack spirit on my paladin and regen some mana oofsr while I sit there like a dope for twelve seconds! I can't wait for the PVP possibilities of being double MSed!

I'm one month clean as of today :(

I hope all this mana regen talk doesn't apply to hunters. We do run out of mana on every boss fight and going into aspect of the viper hurts our DPS a lot. Sometimes I have to go into viper 2 or 3 times during a fight that has me dropping volleys on a shit ton of adds.

Cipherr

# HUNTER

# Consumable ammunition has been removed from the game. Arrows and bullets no longer stack, but are not consumed. Ranged attack speed bonus gained from quivers and ammo bags will be preserved in a different capacity.
# A new tier of hunter pet talents have been added. In particular, this allows Beastmaster hunters to improve their damage per second (DPS) with their 51 point talent.
# Hunting Party – this talent has been reduced to 3 ranks and also grants a passive bonus to the hunter.
# Piercing Shots – this talent has been changed. Your Aimed, Steady and Chimera Shots cause the target to bleed for 10/20/30% of damage dealt for 8 sec.
# Sniper Training – this talent has been changed. After standing still for 6 sec, you gain a 2/4/6% damage bonus to Steady, Aimed and Explosive Shot.
# We are also looking to add additional trap functionality to Survival.

/dances Looking good, Bye bye 250g a week for ammo, that shits been ridiculous. I cant wait to see it go. /spits on mammoth cutters.

here are the others btw:

MAGE

# Improved Water Elemental – this talent has been removed and replaced with a new talent that grants Replenishment (similar to Shadow priests).
# We are also working on a way to give frost mages Ice Lance “Shatter combos” in PvE.
# We are also working on more survivability for Fire spec in PvP.
# We are also working on making Spirit a more useful and interesting stat for all mages.

PALADIN

# Blessing of Kings – this spell is now a base ability trainable by all paladins.
# Exorcism – this spell now causes damage to all types of enemy targets. However, it always critical strikes undead or demon targets. This change should make sure paladin damage doesn’t drop when going from Naxxramas to later tiers of content.
# Shield of the Templar now causes your Avenger’s Shield and Shield of the Righteousness to silence targets for 3 sec. The old damage bonus of this talent has been folded into Holy Shield, Avenger’s Shield, and Shield of the Righteousness.
# Ardent Defender, Improved Hammer of Justice, One-Handed Weapon Specialization and more have had their ranks reduced.
# Guarded by the Light – no longer reduces the mana cost of shield spells, but now has a 50/100% chance to refresh Divine Plea duration.
# Judgements of the Just – now also reduces the cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 10/20 seconds and increases the duration of the Seal of Justice stun effect by 0.5/1 second.

DEATH KNIGHT

# Gargoyle and Unholy Blight have swapped talent positions. Gargoyle’s damage has increased and runic power cost per time has decreased.
# Pestilence – this spell no longer causes damage but just spreads diseases. Blood Boil is intended to be the general area attack, and has been changed to be castable on targets with no diseases on them, but does extra damage if diseases are present.
# Unbreakable Armor now absorbs a flat amount of damage that increases as your armor increases. It no longer boosts armor.
# The Frost tree has been shuffled. Among other things, PvP talents such as Endless Winter are closer to the top of the tree where Blood and Unholy death knights can access them.
# Sudden Doom – this talent now procs a Death Coil rather than requiring an additional button click. It works similarly to shamans’ Lightning Overload.
# Magic Suppression and Blood of the North have been reduced to 3 ranks for the same benefit.
# Blood Gorged now grants armor penetration instead of expertise.

Oni Link 666 said:
I hope all this mana regen talk doesn't apply to hunters. We do run out of mana on every boss fight and going into aspect of the viper hurts our DPS a lot. Sometimes I have to go into viper 2 or 3 times during a fight that has me dropping volleys on a shit ton of adds.

I think we will be fine, dont underestimate the "on demand" utility of viper. It is very strong in that it has no cooldown and can be used whenever. If you need a quick 3k mana you can wait until those very adds spawn and pop viper > Multi shot > ExS > Auto shot and gain a nice amount of mana back and immediately switch back to Hawk. Twisting in your mana regen in the most opportune times. Times when you will lose alot less from the lowered damage it provides. Playing a mage or others in end game content helped me realize how good we have it. Theres nothing like Evo being down, Mana gem is on cool, your already in Mage armor (-5% crit whoaaaa) and you have already potted for the fight and now your assed out shooting your wand for 30s until your gem is up again.

I think our value and the value of viper is going to shine that much brighter now that mana regen is being nerfed. Our class can maintain, over any period given any circumstances really.

thatbox

Banned
I bet the Kings we get is 2%. Wow! And I'm happy about Exorcism but I know that I'm going to get the shaft with it compared to rets and prots even though it's all spellpower :(

Puncture said:
I think our value and the value of viper is going to shine that much brighter now that mana regen is being nerfed. Our class can maintain, over any period given any circumstances really.

Only spirit-based oofsr mana regen is being nerfed from what I've read, aside from turning Divine Plea into a self-cast MS. Nobody has been stacking spirit if they can help it since 3.0 because Int is far better with replenishment, which it looks like sooner or later every DPS is going to have. Funny!

border

Angry Grimace said:
Not necessarily. It ends up as a buff to other classes vis a vis Warriors; because it's goal is to nerf the shit out of Sunder Armor, which most raid/5 mans had already. Very very few 10 man groups were running without Sunder Armor.
Yeah it seems like they just wanted to stop people from abusing Sunder Armor in arenas, so at its heart it is yet another change made only for the sake of their PVP that throws PVE kinda outta whack. Did they even do anything to Rogues' Expose Armor, though?

Angry Grimace said:
I'm not saying it's worse than it ever has been, just that as a casual/hardcore player I find less and less interesting things to do, since there's not really enough content to justify continually shaking up class mechanics.

I am a pretty casual endgame player who does dailies, rep grinds, heroics, Karazahn and that sort of thing. Even I'm a little offput by the way things work now. Most of the rep factions don't have rewards that are all that great when compared to auction house/crafted items.....as much as +Hit has been emphasized now, very few rep rewards feature it. Some factions don't even have cloth/tanking/plate DPS gear that is of any interest.

I can understand how and why they are slow to turn out raid dungeons, but would it kill them to add a few more useful items to the rep factions? Sometimes the only cloth pieces are STA/INT/SPI + Spellpower.....I'm a warlock, and despite the changes to LifeTap I still really don't give a shit about spirit. Gimme some crit and hit please.

On the bright side I guess I haven't looked into Heroics or Badge Gear at all -- hopefully those will bring some more significant upgrades.

Cipherr

thatbox said:
Only spirit-based oofsr mana regen is being nerfed from what I've read, aside from turning Divine Plea into a self-cast MS. Nobody has been stacking spirit if they can help it since 3.0 because Int is far better with replenishment, which it looks like sooner or later every DPS is going to have. Funny!

Thats a really really good point I had forgotten about. Its been a bitch on my mage seeing all these three stat items drop (Stam Int and the dreaded wasted itemization points on Spirit). The items I want to use are few and far between because any items with spirit are normally pretty bad for me. I wonder how this is all going to shake out in the end. Either way though I still feel perfectly comfortable with it as a hunter.

Xabora

DEATH KNIGHT

# Gargoyle and Unholy Blight have swapped talent positions. Gargoyle’s damage has increased and runic power cost per time has decreased.
Not a major nurf, but a semi buff to gargoyle and moving UB up the tree. (Due to damage output at level on tree. In this case Gargoyle was too high up and UB was too far down.)

# Pestilence – this spell no longer causes damage but just spreads diseases. Blood Boil is intended to be the general area attack, and has been changed to be castable on targets with no diseases on them, but does extra damage if diseases are present.
This is right up a nurf, but in large packs pest would kick out MAJOR damage.

# Unbreakable Armor now absorbs a flat amount of damage that increases as your armor increases. It no longer boosts armor.
Ehhh... its like a mini-PWS.

# The Frost tree has been shuffled. Among other things, PvP talents such as Endless Winter are closer to the top of the tree where Blood and Unholy death knights can access them.
May destory DW builds. :/
But I have a feeling its aimed at nurfing 32/39, and allowing certain builds access to skills that are more balanced.

# Sudden Doom – this talent now procs a Death Coil rather than requiring an additional button click. It works similarly to shamans’ Lightning Overload.
Neat, but I would LOVE to see it in action.

# Magic Suppression and Blood of the North have been reduced to 3 ranks for the same benefit.
Saw this and I began to drool over the BotN rebalence since all the other Death Rune talents were 3 ranks instead of 5.

Neat, since this would give blood a better damage boost.

vumpler said:

On the contrary, I find he's become a hell of alot more insightful. They're fixing in the rear-view mirror, and within days of the final patch notes and talk from the PTR hitting, Theorycrafting gurus have already deduced The New Hotness and even the lowest accomplished of casuals feel these changes and the perceptions that come from it.

And then it happens EVERY MONTH.

As for me, I'll just go into another one of my "WoW hibernation" if things get too boring/stupid as I do when the game gets boring.

Ashodin

PALADIN

# Blessing of Kings – this spell is now a base ability trainable by all paladins.
Fucking finally! Also, it may just be the 2% version. Which would be lame, give us bladed armor blizz!

# Exorcism – this spell now causes damage to all types of enemy targets. However, it always critical strikes undead or demon targets. This change should make sure paladin damage doesn’t drop when going from Naxxramas to later tiers of content.
FUCK AWESOME! Now we have much more damage throughput on non-undead mobs, and still give us an advantage against them. This make the Exorcism glyph NASTY. The glyph makes Exorcism interrupt spellcasting for 2 sec.

# Shield of the Templar now causes your Avenger’s Shield and Shield of the Righteousness to silence targets for 3 sec. The old damage bonus of this talent has been folded into Holy Shield, Avenger’s Shield, and Shield of the Righteousness.

Awesomeness for pulling.

# Ardent Defender, Improved Hammer of Justice, One-Handed Weapon Specialization and more have had their ranks reduced.
Meh. Rank reduction and no indication if the numbers stay the same. Frees up talent points though!

# Guarded by the Light – no longer reduces the mana cost of shield spells, but now has a 50/100% chance to refresh Divine Plea duration.
So if I get this right, Guarded By the Light now makes divine plea never end once prot pallies pop it. Wut?

# Judgements of the Just – now also reduces the cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 10/20 seconds and increases the duration of the Seal of Justice stun effect by 0.5/1 second.

More interruption for Prot Pallies.

firex

man, I just realized I could be able to stunlock people if imp. HoJ and JotJ stack to reduce HoJ to a 10 second cooldown.

edit: also I'm not sure why Maxrpg wants bladed armor. divine strength is better than a pure AP talent. maybe if you mean for t2 prot but I don't think you should have to go too deep into prot for a ret build unless you're going pure pvp and want imp. HoJ.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Puncture said:
MAGE

# Improved Water Elemental – this talent has been removed and replaced with a new talent that grants Replenishment (similar to Shadow priests).
# We are also working on a way to give frost mages Ice Lance “Shatter combos” in PvE.
# We are also working on more survivability for Fire spec in PvP.
# We are also working on making Spirit a more useful and interesting stat for all mages.

:lol

Seriously??

At least no outright nerfs so far. Spirit should be interesting if they do something cool with it. No clue what they mean by shatter combos for frost mages, since I get those as it is now.

They better not ruin my WE though ;P

Xabora

Mr Pockets said:
:lol

Seriously??

At least no outright nerfs so far. Spirit should be interesting if they do something cool with it. No clue what they mean by shatter combos for frost mages, since I get those as it is now.

They better not ruin my WE though ;P
Better than a new Icon for Mage Armor.

border

Angry Grimace said:
I've cleared Naxxramas (in it's entirety) once, but it's hard to have incentive to do it three more times since there's nothing else to shoot for beyond it.

If you're going to quit running a dungeon after one full clear, then why even bother asking for a new dungeon? Even if Uludar came out tomorrow you'd just clear it in a few weeks and return to complaining that there isn't enough content. I don't see how you could have gotten this far in WoW if your standards are so high.....your ambition will always overshoot what the developer is capable of delivering. How did you withstand the months between SSC/TK and BT? The months between BT and Sunwell?

VaLiancY

Man, those Hunter changes got me tweaking my nipples. I like the bleed effect, I like the Sniper Training change and I love the removal of the ammo system. I hope they replace the system with a relic item but I dunno, I'm just happy for these changes. The 51 BM talent really needed help since exotic beast still don't do shit.

xabre

Banned
border said:
* We are also looking at increasing the sustained (not burst) damage of feral druids in cat form.

Thank god, this is very necessary. Although by the time 3.1 comes around I probably would have quit playing again.

Fuck

Way to remove something that engineers can actually sell

Unless they make epic best in slot ammo now that hunters will have to pay through the teeth to get

BigJonsson said:
Fuck

Way to remove something that engineers can actually sell

Unless they make epic best in slot ammo now that hunters will have to pay through the teeth to get
For real. Unless they add some new stuf, the only thing I would ever use Engineering for again is to put the cloud tracker on a new belt and maybe make another Mechano-hog. I'm glad I don't have to make any more Mammoth cutters for my hunter though.

Speaking of the Mechano-hog. That thing is so annoying and buggy. You can't do shit on that thing. I mean like the only thing you can click and have it actually work is the portal to go to Org or something. It won't even let you off if you check on auto dismount.

I think once I finally get an upgrade over my engy goggles I can switch to JC and actually feel useful

I was just checking a JC guide and with almost no farming it would cost about 2200 gold to power level it......

Thats excluding the meta gems but I already do have a ton of uncommon gems to use.......and I mean people will come to me with gems anyway

And I should be able to make that back in like a week, right? haha

I was so bored tonight that I mined 200 saronite ore and it didn't even take that long

Xabora said:
DEATH KNIGHT

Doesn't bother me that much.

As a tank, not so psyched about this.

If this is indeed aimed at screwing up the dual-wield build, I'm not excited. I wanted to try

Kind of scared about this for some reason...

Good.

TomServo

border said:
I can understand how and why they are slow to turn out raid dungeons, but would it kill them to add a few more useful items to the rep factions? Sometimes the only cloth pieces are STA/INT/SPI + Spellpower.....I'm a warlock, and despite the changes to LifeTap I still really don't give a shit about spirit. Gimme some crit and hit please.

If you're a warlock (as am I), the Wyrmrest exalted boots are damn near best in slot. In a way I regret spending the DKP on the Malygos25 boots that are just marginally better. There are two cloaks that are good upgrades for folks running heroics (including one w/ +hit). The head enchant from Kirin Tor is a requirement for any decent player. The ring from Argent Crusade is a decent substitute for the two epic dps caster rings one can get out of heroics.

You're also selling spirit extremely short. Once you're hit capped (which isn't tough at all for heroics, and still easy for raids if you assume 3% talents and 3% debuffs) your priority should be spellpower then haste. After that I value spirit over crit - if you're affliction a solid portion of your damage won't crit, and if you're demo / destro Demonic Aegis will make spirit worth at least 0.39 spellpower, which puts it damn near haste in terms of weighting.

I'm going to assume Shield of the Righteousness will work like Shield Bash where it interrupts and only silences if you interrupt a cast. As amusing as Shield > Avenger's > Shield > HoJ > Shield would be that's just retarded.

I think this about wraps it up for spiritual attunement. I assume judgment of the wise will get a buff to compensate.

I'm going to assume improved hammer of justice is going to change to a 5/10 second cooldown reduction and that prot didn't get a 10 second HoJ which would be beyond retarded. Look mom, 6 second stun on a 10 second cooldown. I'm thinking it's essentially a Ret PVP nerf which is cool with me.

The spirit regen nerf is retarded. The divine plea nerf is decent in that you'll have to think before using it but it's the wrong nerf in the long run. Illumination scaling is absurd when you're looking at 50%+ crit rates in raids, especially when combined with the emblem libram, 4 pc T7, and the glyph of seal of wisdom (I get 75% mana returned on HL crits). Add a 24K unbuffed mana pool so replenishment, divine plea, seal of wisdom, and arcane torrent scale incredibly well and, well, it's amusing.

border

TomServo said:
You're also selling spirit extremely short. Once you're hit capped (which isn't tough at all for heroics, and still easy for raids if you assume 3% talents and 3% debuffs) your priority should be spellpower then haste. After that I value spirit over crit - if you're affliction a solid portion of your damage won't crit, and if you're demo / destro Demonic Aegis will make spirit worth at least 0.39 spellpower, which puts it damn near haste in terms of weighting.

Unstable Affliction and Corruption can crit (so can Haunt), so it at least seems like there's more value in Crit than Spirit. I never understood the benefit in haste either, for Affliction. I assume it's nice for Shadowbolt spammers, but half my spells are instant cast anyhow.

Kletian

As a Blood tank this doesnt bother me, even when I was a Frost/Unholy Tank this wouldn't have bothered me.

This though, this is god damn stupid. As a tank, it feels like they just nerfed some AOE threat. I'd really like to know the logic behind this change. Though I do like being able to spam BB now.

Again, blood tank

If Blood tanking didnt work out I was going to play with 10/51/10 but looks like I'll wait until they redo the tree now.

This I like, as in the myriad of spell effects, SCT spam etc I tend to miss the proc.

I don't even think I've ever used these talents.

I wonder why.

border said:
Unstable Affliction and Corruption can crit (so can Haunt), so it at least seems like there's more value in Crit than Spirit. I never understood the benefit in haste either, for Affliction. I assume it's nice for Shadowbolt spammers, but half my spells are instant cast anyhow.

Haste lowers your GCD which can help with DoT uptime when cooldown conflicts occur, allows you to life tap or dark pact faster, and finishes your SB faster so hopefully there are fewer times where you have to choose between starting a SB and having a DoT drop off for 1.5 seconds or waiting a second and refreshing the DoT instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom