• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make it sound as easy as they made it sound earlier. I would have much rather seen them just put like a 5 minute cooldown on spec changes. I won't be able to switch specs if I come across a flagged alliance at a moment's notice. If you require to have a scribe present to drop a lexicon then some groups couldn't even switch specs before and after a raid boss either.

I also thought they would have attached a hunter pet to a spec to carry around instead of having a pack mule type spell for the stable.

Won

Oni Link 666 said:
That doesn't make it sound as easy as they made it sound earlier. I would have much rather seen them just put like a 5 minute cooldown on spec changes. I won't be able to switch specs if I come across a flagged alliance at a moment's notice. If you require to have a scribe present to drop a lexicon then some groups couldn't even switch specs before and after a raid boss either.

I also thought they would have attached a hunter pet to a spec to carry around instead of having a pack mule type spell for the stable.

The Q&A says that everyone can purchase this item, so I guess everyone can purchase this item.

Hunters are hunters.....the class only causes problem. Away with them, I say.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Angry Grimace said:
Agreed.

I think a good rule for PUGs should be to ask each person spec in the beginning of the raid and state that under no circumstances will anyone be allowed to take loot from a different spec.

Obviously Guild rules will be different.
I disagree under some circumstances.

Example:

1. Pally that leveled fully ret that is gearing to be holy (but can carry 1500dps as ret.)
2. Druid that leveled boomkin but wants to gear tank.

Under no circumstances do we need MORE undergeared tanks or undergeared healers.

I do agree if you come in say "i'm gearing X" and then under no circumstances should they be able to roll differently.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
vumpler said:
I disagree under some circumstances.

Example:

1. Pally that leveled fully ret that is gearing to be holy (but can carry 1500dps as ret.)
2. Druid that leveled boomkin but wants to gear tank.

Under no circumstances do we need MORE undergeared tanks or undergeared healers.

I do agree if you come in say "i'm gearing X" and then under no circumstances should they be able to roll differently.
People with this argument are why PUGs are going to be pretty much complete and utter shit for the first 2 months after dual spec is out. I'm not saying there's no merit to it, but people are going to disagree between what I proposed, what you're proposing, and rolling on both.

Just look at your realm forums after it releases. Ninja reports all over.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Angry Grimace said:
Just look at your realm forums after it releases. Ninja reports all over.
Or don't do this and live happily, I bet you watch the evening news as well.

Chris R

Anyone have tips for leveling my warrior? I can easily kill things quickly, but since I'm fury atm I'm taking quite a bit of damage, and have to stop and bandage after basically every 4 fights... What exactly am I doing wrong (or should I just go kill things 2-3 levels under me instead of equal+3)...

Also, best horde based leveling guide? Just using Jame's guide atm, with TomTom integration.

Xabora

Tigole said:
I wanted to take a moment to let the community know that I’ve switched roles here at Blizzard to work on our upcoming, unannounced MMO. World of Warcraft has been such a central part of my life these past six and a half years, and it’s success would not have been possible without the tremendous community around it, so I wanted to say thank you to all our players who’ve shared this amazing experience with us so far. Also, while I have served as the spokesperson and Game Director for World of Warcraft on Wrath of the Lich King, by no means would WoW be where it is today without the dedicated team that we have in place. The WoW development team is comprised of some of the most talented and experienced game developers in the world, and it was an absolute honor to serve amongst them, and they will continue to make WoW better than ever. I still plan to be very involved with the future course of World of Warcraft, but will leave the day to day operations of World of Warcraft to my partners in crime, Tom Chilton and J. Allen Brack.

When all is said and done, WoW is still my favorite game. I play it every day. None of that passion is gone. If anything, it fuels the challenge of making our next MMO even better. We know we have some big shoes to fill. So thank you to everyone who has been so supportive over the years, and likewise, thanks to those who have given us pointed feedback on all areas of the game. Without all of the feedback and participation, WoW would not be the game that it has grown to be. Azeroth truly belongs to you and we’re lucky to have shared in your journey. And as always, I’ll still be lurking on the forums and in the game.
Mostly, I just wanted to say thanks. It has been an absolute honor.

Jeffrey Kaplan

I knew about the project, but it looks like its moving into higher phase of production now.
Betcha its a whole new IP.

Swag

Xabora said:
I knew about the project, but it looks like its moving into higher phase of production now.
Betcha its a whole new IP.

I thought they had announced that they were working on a non WoW related MMO already. Is this something else?

Lain

The random number generator sucks.
I've got 4 picnic baskets (2 on my paladin, 1 on dk, 1 on another pld alt... hmm maybe one on the hunter as well) and still haven't got another bag of candy to try and complete that damned be mine! achievement!
Also, WTB gnome locks on my server QQ - omg finally found one!

Tamanon

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
I thought they had announced that they were working on a non WoW related MMO already. Is this something else?

No, that's what he's talking about, he meant that he believes it's not a World of Starcraft or Diablo.

We'll see. I'm thinking World of Starcraft is a possibility just because there are no futuristic MMOs outside of EVE Online.

It's an MMO and a new IP. That much is known already. Do they mean new IP as in totally not related to any of their series though? I mean, they could say SC: Ghost was a new IP.

Same here. I got a candy bag last night but, I didn't get 2 of them. I got like 10 love fools, a bunch of arrows and rose petals, 3 picnic baskets, and 2 black dresses.

winnarps

So even though I'm missing a few BIS items, I destroyed the Patchwerk meter last night. The other mages were Frostfire Bolt spec and very similarly geared (I switched over to Fireball spec for the night). I kinda miss the craziness that was 3.0.8 Arcane, but I was impressed. It was funny when the WWS was posted and a few guild officers were like 'what the fuck? 1mil damage and 6400dps?'.

http://wowwebstats.com/l6yxtu3j4l4d1?s=186423-213113

Anyway, I wanna move on to PvP/Arenas to keep me occupied 'til Ulduar comes out and I had a few questions. I've never really taken PvP/Arena seriously (I just have fun ambushing people in world PvP), so I was wondering if I should spend badges on the blue PvP gear? I've got a few valorous badges saved up so I can probably get 3 pieces of Hateful. Should I gem for pure stamina or is there a specific resilience number I should aim for? I think I'm just gonna sit in the BGs this weekend farming honor and get the offpieces, but don't they require certain ratings?

Kyoufu

Resilience doesn't do jack, especially if you're a cloth user. Reports suggest that stacking stamina rather than resilience can benefit you by 30% more.

I had a screenshot that showed a caster with 700+ resilience getting obliterated by crits in a single cheap shot duration.

Scum

Just had fun on Wintergrasp for the first! Lost the Fortress to Alliance with 5secs left on the clock! :lol :lol

VaLiancY

Kyoufu said:
Resilience doesn't do jack, especially if you're a cloth user. Reports suggest that stacking stamina rather than resilience can benefit you by 30% more.

I had a screenshot that showed a caster with 700+ resilience getting obliterated by crits in a single cheap shot duration.

I got like 600+ Res and I'm getting demolished. :lol (Hunter)

VaLiancY

Spruchy said:
Yeah one of the best trinkets in the game and t7 25 man......BUT DEM DRAKE MOUNT IS SUM HAWT LEWTZ.

That trinket is nice but I'm about to get my Nobles Deck. And another reskinned drake, Yay Blizzard! High five!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's one of those things someone's gonna have to explain to me: what makes PvP gear any better than regular old raid gear for PvP, since resilience appears to be mostly useless? Big amounts of Stamina?

firex

you need a lot more resilience for the cap than what's available now. Right now it's possible to sub in good burst damage gear and still be good in pvp, but in a few months from now all the resilience on pvp gear will make it tougher for that to work.

plus all the naturally higher stamina on pvp gear makes it better, of course. the cap is way higher now than it was in TBC, and I expect either the rating will be retuned or (more likely) they'll give more resilience to the next few tiers of pvp gear.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
you need a lot more resilience for the cap than what's available now. Right now it's possible to sub in good burst damage gear and still be good in pvp, but in a few months from now all the resilience on pvp gear will make it tougher for that to work.

plus all the naturally higher stamina on pvp gear makes it better, of course. the cap is way higher now than it was in TBC, and I expect either the rating will be retuned or (more likely) they'll give more resilience to the next few tiers of pvp gear.
It's too bad Protection Warrior is pretty useless in PvP. I have ridiculous amounts of Stamina; although all that defense rating would be pretty much wasted in PvP since players will always have much higher than the standard amount of crit.

firex

same for me with my prot pally. Dual spec means I'll go with an almost pure pvp ret spec as my alt spec for when I'm bored and want to solo shit or wreck people in WG/BGs/Arena.

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:
It's too bad Protection Warrior is pretty useless in PvP. I have ridiculous amounts of Stamina; although all that defense rating would be pretty much wasted in PvP since players will always have much higher than the standard amount of crit.

Only thing you'd really have to worry about is casters .... melee still wouldn't harm you very much. No matter how much crit they have ... I bet your Parry + Dodge + Block %'s will be higher than their crit .... let alone the ton of armor and HP you'll have.

Angry Grimace

Macattk15 said:
Only thing you'd really have to worry about is casters .... melee still wouldn't harm you very much. No matter how much crit they have ... I bet your Parry + Dodge + Block %'s will be higher than their crit .... let alone the ton of armor and HP you'll have.
Even one feral druid would fuck my day up with a 5% additional crit chance :(

In duels I usually win based on people getting pissed off that I can self buff past 30K HP. If you were serious about Prot-PVP, you'd pretty be forced to take the Charge Glyph as Warbringer really helps with casters; just charge them, Shield Slam and hope for a 5K crit, concussion blow, spam a couple devastates, Shockwave, pray caster is dead. The plus side is that with so much armor and avoidance you have a lot of leeway to fuck around and take repeated hits without dying.

firex

3.1's prot pally changes would make me better at dealing with casters in pvp, but since it sounds like 3.1 also brings dual spec it's kind of pointless for me anyway.

but it is fun to go into WG and kill DKs that think they can beat me. as long as they don't get heals, I kill any DK I've run into.

Epix

Anyone JCs get the Sovereign Twilight Opal design drop? Where did you happen to get it from (if it was from a drop)?

zam

Broke down and bought the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. Now I only have 900g :( Bought it partly to help the guild since it can be used in Obsidian Sanctum and we are wiping on Sarth 3D atm, so it helps when people dont need to leave to repair. And partly because I dont need to buy any gems or enchants, and I already ahve my Darkmoon Card: Greatness, so I dont really need to buy anything until Ulduar :p

Speaking of Sarth 3D we can now get the 2nd drake dead on every attempt, a few more nights of wiping and we will make it, it's a challenge but it feels doable.

Chris R

Epix said:
Anyone JCs get the Sovereign Twilight Opal design drop? Where did you happen to get it from (if it was from a drop)?
I sold mine for 1.6k :D Sure cutting gets you some gold, but I can do more with the money now then a little trickle here and there, seeing as AH cuts were just a little bit higher than the gem price (meaning more than a few JCs have it).

CassSept

CANDIES don't exist, seriously. I already have everything, even black dress dropped before candies.
But apperently tonight theyve changed the droprate, so let's see, maybe today i can get it :S

I got the candies first try this morning and got the last candy I needed on the last charge. :D There's still people in my guild who haven't gotten them though. One girl put in a ticket about it and the GM said to disable her mods. :lol

firex

I think the next recipes I'm gonna learn with daily tokens/shattered necklaces on my JC are the epic caster ring and neck. May as well have some stuff to give to my shaman when I get him to 80 (since I'm going to go ele and then later resto when they add dual spec) plus I feel like the dps ring/neck both kind of suck with their lame armor penetration.

but they added world drop recipes? ugh, I'm never going to learn them unless I luck out and they drop while I'm in groups...

edit: something I just thought of: after they remove the need to buy ammo, they need to remove reagents from spells. I'm not kidding. It's a pain in the ass and it'd make glyphs better because they could do away with lazy "no more reagents needed" glyphs and make them actually improve spells.

I also feel like too many glyphs are majors. Some of the ones that give good, but not great buffs should probably be redone as minors.

Trasher

VaLiancY said:
God, I hate doing Sarth with no drakes up. So boring, so much shit loot.
Just did 2 drake Sarth a couple nights ago. Was actually really really fun finally having something semi challenging to do. There is so much shit going in it kinda gets a little bit chaotic. Got it in about four tries. Can't wait to try 3 drake now!

yacobod

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
Same here. I got a candy bag last night but, I didn't get 2 of them. I got like 10 love fools, a bunch of arrows and rose petals, 3 picnic baskets, and 2 black dresses.

ya i've only gotten 1 candy bag and i'm short 2 candies, fuck the drop rate, terrible achievement

firex

I've had trouble getting anything but love fools. every time I do this shit, if I'm lucky, I get a love fool or some love rockets. I got 2 candy bags but I only got 7/8 of the candies out of all 20 uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom