• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

As I said: The "Love is in the air" achievements suck. :D

Got my candies on day one and finished up the rest on thursday, but I have yet to get any of the rare stuff. No basket, no companion, no dress, instead I get rockets, rockets and more rockets. :(

Weenerz

Banned
So was farming achievements for the Red Proto-Drake and I got this little bugger when doing the 3 minute gauntlet kill of Skadi.

WoWScrnShot_021509_010642.jpg

Rolled a 95 :D

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
w00t! Been saving up my DKP on the shammy for 2 weeks now. On Sapphiron Bandit's Insignia dropped and I got it!

Then on Kel, T7 helm dropped and I got it too. This was huge for me because now I've got my 4 piece bonus plus I'm way over the hit cap so I can now regem to much more expertise. My dps will be going up :D

firex

man, I'm really liking the elemental revamp. It's still not quite complete (makes ele shamans way more spell power dependent than other classes, and gives no real benefit to any stat except some mp5 from int) but it's better than before. And the coefficient buff on Shamanism is huge and basically does away with the bs nerf they did to lightning bolt back in 2.3.

zam

And we just managed to kill Sartharion with 3 drakes up :D

Definitely the most challenging kill so far (apart from 10-man sarth 3D) but not nut-kicking impossible either.

yacobod

Banned
firex said:
man, I'm really liking the elemental revamp. It's still not quite complete (makes ele shamans way more spell power dependent than other classes, and gives no real benefit to any stat except some mp5 from int) but it's better than before. And the coefficient buff on Shamanism is huge and basically does away with the bs nerf they did to lightning bolt back in 2.3.

we have a raiding elemental shaman that does some sick ass damage

Weenerz

Banned
:lol my mount luck is crazy right now. got blue proto-drake from skadi last night and today I get the white polar bear from daily quests.

bill0527

Some of the people that play this game just need to have their fucking teeth kicked down their throat.

Last night, I pugged VoA 25 because my guild broke up last week. Hunter Deadly Gladiator Chain legs drop off Arch and I /roll with about 5 other hunters there. I came in 2nd. The person that won the roll... was a MAGE !! And the raid leader gave him the legs because he didn't check to see if the person he was giving the hunter-only legs too... was actually a hunter.

The raid got pissed at both the raid leader and the mage wondering why he even rolled on it to start with. The dude says he thought it was a mage item, but that he would open a ticket to a GM and make sure it got to me. After the raid, I /whisper him asking if he opened a ticket and the mother fucker tries to extort money out of me. He said another hunter in the raid offered him 500g if he'd open a ticket and say that they belonged to him. I opened a ticket and tried to explain all of this to a GM and he tells me there's nothing they can do unless the guy that got the item by accident opens a ticket and asks them to give it to me.

I don't even give a shit about the item, I seldom PvP anyway. I'd just wish there was something I could do to get back at this little douchebag because I have a feeling he's done it before.

yacobod

Banned
bill0527 said:
Some of the people that play this game just need to have their fucking teeth kicked down their throat.

Last night, I pugged VoA 25 because my guild broke up last week. Hunter Deadly Gladiator Chain legs drop off Arch and I /roll with about 5 other hunters there. I came in 2nd. The person that won the roll... was a MAGE !! And the raid leader gave him the legs because he didn't check to see if the person he was giving the hunter-only legs too... was actually a hunter.

The raid got pissed at both the raid leader and the mage wondering why he even rolled on it to start with. The dude says he thought it was a mage item, but that he would open a ticket to a GM and make sure it got to me. After the raid, I /whisper him asking if he opened a ticket and the mother fucker tries to extort money out of me. He said another hunter in the raid offered him 500g if he'd open a ticket and say that they belonged to him. I opened a ticket and tried to explain all of this to a GM and he tells me there's nothing they can do unless the guy that got the item by accident opens a ticket and asks them to give it to me.

I don't even give a shit about the item, I seldom PvP anyway. I'd just wish there was something I could do to get back at this little douchebag because I have a feeling he's done it before.

VoA is srs business

think you need to chill out, its a game afterall

Woohoo

Picked up the Chestguard of the Recluse!

Still havent seen the DPS trink drop from Sarth yet and I've downed him just about every week since 3 weeks after LK came out

Cipherr

BigJonsson said:
Woohoo

Picked up the Chestguard of the Recluse!

Still havent seen the DPS trink drop from Sarth yet and I've downed him just about every week since 3 weeks after LK came out

Which trinket? Im still waiting on what would be our second Fury trinket to drop. I didnt grab it the first time it dropped for us because I hadnt planned that far ahead for my hunter. Shame, once I realized I was going to want it hasnt dropped since.

Puncture said:
Which trinket? Im still waiting on what would be our second Fury trinket to drop. I didnt grab it the first time it dropped for us because I hadnt planned that far ahead for my hunter. Shame, once I realized I was going to want it hasnt dropped since.

The fury

usea

I really never thought I'd say this... I've been enjoying the Healing Touch glyph spec. I respec all the time, and I've actually had this one for about 2 weeks now. By the numbers it's terrible; super inefficient. But we got the undying achievement tonight with no problem. It's obviously not having a negative impact.

80+% of my healing is usually Rejuv, Lifebloom, Wild Growth. Regardless of my spec. With this spec, when somebody needs extra healing immediately they get it in .8 seconds. That's less than half the time of Regrowth, at the cost of some mana efficiency. But seriously, I never run out of mana so who cares.

So yeah, despite everything I thought about HT glyph, it's actually pretty good. At least with mostly BiS items. I doubt I'll use it in Ulduar, but we'll see.

PatzCU

Whelp, about to take my last stab at trying to get a bag of candy.

I've gotten 5 bags of candy, and have been at 7/8 on Be Mine! for the last 3 bags. Such BULLSHIT! This really kills my desire to continue to play WoW sadly.

firex

PatzCU said:
Whelp, about to take my last stab at trying to get a bag of candy.

I've gotten 5 bags of candy, and have been at 7/8 on Be Mine! for the last 3 bags. Such BULLSHIT! This really kills my desire to continue to play WoW sadly.
I gave up on that shit and started leveling my shaman again instead. Just too retarded and blizz will never change how it works. At least now my inventory has a ton more free slots.

I'm glad the shits over and I can dump all that crap. I feel sad for those who didn't get it though. It's some bullshit just like the squashling and pumpkin helm.

Won

Nothing of the stuff during this event should have been soulbound. Destroyed around 4 bags, because I didn't need them anymore and on the other end I had a guildmate having no luck with bags and hearts.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I went 0-47 on candy bags

Then on my 48th try, at 5:55am (5 minutes before event ends) I got one.

And ended up 7/8

lol

I have had every other part of this acheivement done for 4 days. Only thing I have needed or tried for in four days is to geta bag of candy lol.

I have gotten 14 black dresses, 5 picnic baskets, 3 arrows.

Damn random BS!!

VaLiancY

I didn't even bother with the holiday achievements, I'd rather bust my ass on the 10-Man Raid achievements to get that 310% flying mount. In other news, I'm the worst person to try to level alts, if DKs didn't start at level 55, I wouldn't had even bothered. I think I'll muster my energy and level a Lock' and that's it.

Askani

I finally got my Meta-Achievement last night about midnight-thirty. Like most others, the candy one was my sticking point.

1rst bag on Thursday night. Got 6 of 8 Candies. So 6/8.
2nd bag on Saturday night, about six in the evening, got 1 of the 2 remaining candies. Now 7/8.
3rd bag on Sunday night. got last Candy on 5th dip into the bag.

Was about, what, 19 more tries just to get my 3rd bag? Pretty lame. I wasn't getting any of the other items either though. For the whole event I only got 1 black dress, only 1 picnic basket, and I never did get my Truesilver Shafted Arrow.

Now I'm conflicted though. If I hadn't gotten my achievement I would be crying to have Blizzard drop it from the Meta. Now that I have it, I hope they don't so I can have my VPD before some others. :lol

yacobod

Banned
Weenerz said:
He's a douche anyways, no need responding.

i think my response was appropriate given the guy's nerd-raging post

loot always drops again, nerd raging and over exaggerating on a forum over a piece of gear, that always drops, and is easily puggable is laughable

so emo, its not like a warrior or rogue ninja'd his envoy of mortality

Epix

yacobod said:

loot always drops again, nerd raging and over exaggerating on a forum over a piece of gear, that always drops, and is easily puggable is laughable

This is a videogame forum, with an emphasis on videogames.

Any comment based around RL > videogames is probably unnecessary and going to be viewed as condescending by default. Now if this was Martha Stewart's "Happy Hobbies" forum than your comment may have been warranted. Just my $.02.

EDIT: I'm pretty bored otherwise I wouldn't even bother posting about this sort of stuff.

yacobod said:

No need to be a dick about it dude. This content may not be super easy for this guy like it must be for you mr hardcore raider. The loot master screwed up and then the mage tried to extort money from him...pretty lame all around. I'd be mad if it happened.

firex

I was mad enough when I last tried heroic UP and realized after we wiped on Skadi that it was taking so long because the feral druid had like 6 pieces of fucking resto gear in his slots. goddamn dps slacker noobs who think they don't have to worry about their gear.

bill0527

yacobod said:

Its not about the item.

I don't really even need it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Montgomeray

And speaking of overexaggerating, I've ran VoA 25 for 6 weeks and this was the first piece of Hunter gear I've seen drop. I go not expecting anything except my 2 valor badges. So don't give me this bullshit about how it'll drop again next week or it drops all the time, like its fucking water flowing down Niagra Falls. RLG is RLG nubcake.

Again, its not about the item. Its about people acting like douchebags and getting away with it.

yacobod

Banned
bill0527 said:
Its not about the item.

I don't really even need it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Montgomeray

And speaking of overexaggerating, I've ran VoA 25 for 6 weeks and this was the first piece of Hunter gear I've seen drop. I go not expecting anything except my 2 valor badges. So don't give me this bullshit about how it'll drop again next week or it drops all the time, like its fucking water flowing down Niagra Falls. RLG is RLG nubcake.

Again, its not about the item. Its about people acting like douchebags and getting away with it.

honestly unless the mage was a total dick, you guys should have petitioned a GM and they would have gave you the item that was in question

if both you, the loot master, and the mage had petitioned the GM, they would have hooked you up

now if the mage was a dick, then don't group with the POS again

seems like the problem could have been easily resolved in game, not like you can sell or disenchant the pvp gear, so its a total waste to go to the mage

w/e

bill0527

yacobod said:
honestly unless the mage was a total dick, you guys should have petitioned a GM and they would have gave you the item that was in question

if both you, the loot master, and the mage had petitioned the GM, they would have hooked you up

now if the mage was a dick, then don't group with the POS again

seems like the problem could have been easily resolved in game, not like you can sell or disenchant the pvp gear, so its a total waste to go to the mage

w/e

A GM has been petitioned 3 times by myself. All 3 responses from GMs say that the mage that took the item has to open a petition. I can do nothing at all until the mage opens up a ticket and says the item is mine. He refuses to do so until I pony up 500g. I've also petitioned his extortion attempts and received a response from the GM that says, quote "We are unable to do anything at this time. Certain actions are beyond the scope of the Game Master Department. Thank you for contacting Blizzard.".

Cipherr

Broke our previous record on Maly 25 tonight when one of the other hunters mentioned in group chat

"Hey you know they fixed FD on this fight right? We don't have to auto shot during phase 1 anymore"

Holy hell it felt good to be able to unload on Maly with 2+ sparks, amazing numbers. We should definitely be going for the achievement soon now. It makes such a huge difference since our top dps pretty much consists of 4 hunters. Not sure how I missed the notes mentioning it was fixed, that has infuriated me since we started doing him. But I'm glad its fixed now.

Oh god, the temptation is spreading. Someone convince me not to renew. DO IT. Wintergrasp is still unplayable right? Arena still broken to hell and back? Naxx still boring?

WHY AM I SO TEMPTED? Man, it's hard to realize how much of your "bored with only busywork to do" time was supplemented by this fucking thing till you quit it.

thatbox

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Oh god, the temptation is spreading. Someone convince me not to renew. DO IT. Wintergrasp is still unplayable right? Arena still broken to hell and back? Naxx still boring?

WHY AM I SO TEMPTED? Man, it's hard to realize how much of your "bored with only busywork to do" time was supplemented by this fucking thing till you quit it.
Don't do it. When I quit every raid was lagging ridiculously whenever you tried them, PvP was horribly broken because resilience hadn't fixed the overwhelming damage output, and holy paladins still couldn't solo half as well as other healers. I've been off for 40 days and look at how much happier I am!

:(

vumpler

I finally got to get in on a 10 man malygos. Took us 4 tries but we got 'em down. Holy shit that was an awesome fight. As much as I hate occulus having to move around on the dragons against malygos was no where near as gimicky to me. We had pretty high dps but it went well. The hover discs was awesome as well :lol Hard to melee but I couldn't help but truly laugh how cool it was being on one.

Did they make it easier to level up in the lower levels? I'm leveling a priest right now and remember 20-30 being hell and making me want to quit, but I'm just flying through it right now. I think I did like 4 quests in Tarren Mill and gained a whole level that way.

vumpler

funkmastergeneral said:
Did they make it easier to level up in the lower levels? I'm leveling a priest right now and remember 20-30 being hell and making me want to quit, but I'm just flying through it right now. I think I did like 4 quests in Tarren Mill and gained a whole level that way.
Yeah they had to, but now it flies. 30-40 used to be hell as well, but since you get your mount at 30 it makes it MUCH nicer.

TomServo

funkmastergeneral said:

The xp required to level dropped by some significant percentage from 20-70. The xp granted by quests went up significantly from 30-70, plus you'll get your mount at 30 now. If you remember leveling old-school, the 30 to 40 grind will stun you at how short it is since you're using a mount in zones designed to be traversed by foot.

Outland is joke now. I did Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, and Terrakor to get to level 67, then jumped to Shadowmoon Valley and was 70 before I was half done with the zone. Completely skipped Netherstorm, Blades Edge, Nagrand.

Lord Phol

bill0527 said:

One of the main reasons I stopped playing. A social driven game isn't any fun when people either refuse to socalize or are just plain assholes, which u as a lone player pretty much can't do anything about.
This is far from a wow-only problem, but I realized the longer I played the more stupid, immature and general clueless people kept getting, so I jumped the wagon.

Sorry to hear that though :/, hope you find a nice friendly guild.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
TomServo said:
The xp required to level dropped by some significant percentage from 20-70. The xp granted by quests went up significantly from 30-70, plus you'll get your mount at 30 now. If you remember leveling old-school, the 30 to 40 grind will stun you at how short it is since you're using a mount in zones designed to be traversed by foot.

Outland is joke now. I did Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, and Terrakor to get to level 67, then jumped to Shadowmoon Valley and was 70 before I was half done with the zone. Completely skipped Netherstorm, Blades Edge, Nagrand.

Yeah Outlands is dead now... people lvl up from 58 to 68 in Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Terokkar & Nagrand and just forget about the other 3 zones to go straight to Northrend.

And the same thing will happen next expansion when 90 will be max lvl... no one will go in Icecrown or Storm peaks and leave Northrend once they hit 78 in Zuldrak/Sholazar.

TomServo

funkmastergeneral said:
Mount at level 30! Holy shit! Yea I haven't leveled a toon in Azeroth since late 2005 so this is going to be cake compared to that.

It's amazing - Desolace is now a somewhat enjoyable zone since you don't have to hoof it everywhere.

Lord Phol said:
One of the main reasons I stopped playing. A social driven game isn't any fun when people either refuse to socalize or are just plain assholes, which u as a lone player pretty much can't do anything about.

I've always played WoW within the confines a guild. Any time I've tried to go it alone I've either quit or come near quitting.

Lord Phol

TomServo said:
I've always played WoW within the confines a guild. Any time I've tried to go it alone I've either quit or come near quitting.

I kind of worded that weird, what I meant was, the majority of the people will be assholes and you as a single person really can't do much about it.
Yes playing in a good guild or just finding a decent amount of friendly player to talk/play with makes this game alot more enjoyable.
But I still believe the community is going downhill one bit at a time, as more and more times passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom