• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Nash said:
When I faught him, I had to go against one succubus and one void walker, so maybe its random. :\

It seems to bug spawning 2 voidwalkers on top of each other. I beat him with my pet meat shield, looted and booked lol is this a newer part of the Athlaxx line I finshed it with my other character but never fought this guy?

And like clock work 9pm server crash..getting old

Zaptruder

Banned
I wish WoW had a combination art style of WoW, FFXI and L2...

the great diversity of WoW, mixed in with the subtle restrained awesomeness of FFXI along with the occassional splashing of L2 style hyper style and elegance.

firex

Teknopathetic said:
That artifact is pretty friggin sweet. It'd also be pretty awesome if they unlocked some sort of world-event by getting the 2 drops.
I think it will... haven't searched Silithus for the NPC yet, but someone posted the text, and it seems fairly obvious that there are 2 necklaces that contain that wind god's power, and they are drops (possibly rare ones?) from two big nameds in molten core. Cause I mean, the NPC specifically talks about how the two halves of the amulet that trapped Thunderaan are on 2 nameds in that instance...

And Dire Maul drops some absolutely insane gear for shamans, pallies, and cloth casters. And some decent gear for warriors and rogues. I really, really like this instance, and it's not just because for once I'm one of the most wanted classes for it.

ManaByte

firex said:
I think it will... haven't searched Silithus for the NPC yet, but someone posted the text, and it seems fairly obvious that there are 2 necklaces that contain that wind god's power, and they are drops (possibly rare ones?) from two big nameds in molten core. Cause I mean, the NPC specifically talks about how the two halves of the amulet that trapped Thunderaan are on 2 nameds in that instance...

Did they ninja-add Silithus with the patch?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
The zone has always been accessible (well... half of it. A big wall blocks off the bottom half). I ran around it naked at level 40 one time when I was really bored. ;) However until this patch, none of the mobs dropped any loot.

Also (though this may have changed with the latest patch) I don't think any quests that involve being in Silithus are in the game yet.

Ikse

EU version is getting patched right now. First thing I'm doing is logging on to my Tauren and doing that funky dance :D

ManaByte

Look at the 1 month refund post:
wow56xd.jpg

Bregor

nataku said:
Too bad that post doesn't work past page 49. How do people keep posting in a broken thread?

And who how many of the posts are actually from people posting multiple times to make the demand appear bigger than it actually is?

SaitoH

MrCheez said:
The zone has always been accessible (well... half of it. A big wall blocks off the bottom half). I ran around it naked at level 40 one time when I was really bored. ;) However until this patch, none of the mobs dropped any loot.

Also (though this may have changed with the latest patch) I don't think any quests that involve being in Silithus are in the game yet.

There are quests involving Silithus now. I'm dying to know if someone will be able to open that huge door to the instance there now. Apparently once it's opened on a server everyone gains access.

It has been itemized as well. I'm trying to get Essence of air, but god damn, is it a rare drop.

*cries*

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm 4/8 on my Dreadmist set now. Need the robe (3 hours of UBRS, for the chance that the General will even drop my class set, then need to roll againt 5 other people if it does drop, ugh), the mantle (try to get a group of people to go into the most annoying, and easily skippable part of an instance for a boss that drops nothing but crap), and the belt and bracers, ( both low drops off of trash mobs, but both BoE, so AH is an option)

I really want the robe and mantle, both are really cool looking.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Not sure if you're Horde or Alliance, but one Sithilis quest should start in Ironforge (or Ogrimmar). For the Alliance it involves going to Darnassus to talk to someone, Moonglade to talk to someone, and then to Sithilis

firex

I don't know where the orgrimmar one starts, but I got felvine shards from a boss event in Dire Maul and then did a quest in Silithus as a followup (which actually started in Moonglade).

nataku

WoW Tech support forum is down, so I'll ask you guys if you've encountered this problem before.

For some reason the combat text that appears above a mob's head when I'm hitting it is pixelated. Not a big issue I know, but it's really annoying. Anyone else have a problem like this that they've been able to fix?

http://members.cox.net/zerohaste3/wowscreens/corrupt_text.gif

Probably something I can just mark down to my card being really outdated (Radeon 8500)... but it's weird. I've tried every single driver version since Catalyst 4.1, all the way to the latest release, and they all have the problem. Used Driver Cleaner to clear out my drivers every time. The 4.1 drivers did fix the problem, the text looked nice, but I couldn't alt tab (game would lock up) so I went to try a different version to fix my alt tab problem. Alt tab was fixed, but the pixelated text appeared. Switching back to the 4.1s after completely uninstalling everything and using Driver Cleaner and the pixelated text is still there, even though it wasn't there before. =|

pilonv1

Anyone else getting a bug after a disease where their stats aren't going back to their original level? I've had a disease twice in the last two nights that has dropped my agility, and instead of going back to its original level (235 as a rogue) it ends up at 192. My +agil items add up correctly but my base agility is stuck at 60 (which is lower than my stamina).

firex

Haven't gotten a bug like that either, but I've noticed a bug sometimes that causes me to crash when I accept a resurrection. Seems to affect others too, it happens on my shaman and also happened when I cast it on someone in an instance.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
firex said:
Haven't gotten a bug like that either, but I've noticed a bug sometimes that causes me to crash when I accept a resurrection. Seems to affect others too, it happens on my shaman and also happened when I cast it on someone in an instance.

Yeah, thats a known bug a I belive.
I seriously wonder if they even tested this patch before they launched it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Bregor said:
They did, it was on a test server for a while.

I know, but, if you did not know that information. Would you think they tested it on a server first?

ManaByte

Bregor said:
They did, it was on a test server for a while.

Everyone knows the uber-guild exclusive test server was just a playground for Fires of Heaven, Legacy of Steel, and Afterlife to preview and play with the new raid content before everyone else. :lol

Bregor

ManaByte said:
Everyone knows the uber-guild exclusive test server was just a playground for Fires of Heaven, Legacy of Steel, and Afterlife to preview and play with the new raid content before everyone else. :lol

Conspiracy theories? Please.

Can someone tell me if the pet attack speed change was in the patch notes? I noticed the hunter attack speed readjustment, but I saw nothing for pets. I logged in today and now my spider, which was a bitch to get, now has an attack speed of 1.5 instead of 1.0. It just seems that blizzard is finding more and more ways to fuck hunters in the ass. Now there is literally no incentive to ever change your pet. Great day.

Zaptruder

Banned
When they finally implement the pet abilities... the pets will have a good deal of variations between the different races...

for example, crabs get the ability to pincer snare, rooting the target in place while dealing a slow DOT, while the crab remains stationary. Cats get a berserk ability that increases damage while taking more damage and birds get a flurry ability that quickens attacks but lowers individual damage (as with SotC), useful for interrupting mages.

They also get a bunch of passives including increase HP, resists, increase damage, armor etc, etc.

--------

The spider pet speed change wasn't in the notes; or at least note explicitly; in actual fact it mentions changes to spiders in LBRS, and the change was an increase in attack speed... which also affected the pets that were already tamed.

Don't throw away that spider yet though... with the pet abilities, spiders get.... spider's web, which is similar to other immobilizing abilities involving nets/webs.

Alex

It should be like BST from FFXI.

"Go Big Scissors! Gooo!"

*Robber Crab readies Bubble Shield*

"..."

Random. :p

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Alex said:
It should be like BST from FFXI.

"Go Big Scissors! Gooo!"

*Robber Crab readies Bubble Shield*

"..."

Random. :p

That used to happen to me all the time when I was leveling BST in Altepe, except I was using Sand Beetles, and there was usually a Sabotendor dangerously close to me. :p

Zaptruder said:
When they finally implement the pet abilities... the pets will have a good deal of variations between the different races...

for example, crabs get the ability to pincer snare, rooting the target in place while dealing a slow DOT, while the crab remains stationary. Cats get a berserk ability that increases damage while taking more damage and birds get a flurry ability that quickens attacks but lowers individual damage (as with SotC), useful for interrupting mages.

They also get a bunch of passives including increase HP, resists, increase damage, armor etc, etc.

--------

The spider pet speed change wasn't in the notes; or at least note explicitly; in actual fact it mentions changes to spiders in LBRS, and the change was an increase in attack speed... which also affected the pets that were already tamed.

Don't throw away that spider yet though... with the pet abilities, spiders get.... spider's web, which is similar to other immobilizing abilities involving nets/webs.

I read about that and that's all fine and dandy, but if they're working as diligently on this as they are on pvp honor and battlegrounds, we won't be seeing it until 2007. Plus with adding all these abilities to pets, I'm curious as to how they're going to implement these commands and still make it somewhat intuitive to use.

Ah well, back to my cat I go.

Mainline

I'd love to comment on the thread link you posted but their site is just fucked. Plus I havent been able to log on all day either...good times tho.

SaitoH

Apparently the recent patch created a new bug. The game wouldn't check to see if the name you selected at character creation is already in use. Worse yet, every time a person with the duplicate name logged in, it would boot the other person. Hence that mysterious disconnects some players were experiencing recently.

At least I have some Iron Chef to catch up on.

>_>

I'm a bit confused...last week every night at 9 pm est Azgalore went down...every night like clock work. The weekend comes, no problems what so ever asid eform the usual IF lag...aren't the server load higher during the weekends?

NOw Blizzard gives the problem servers 2 free days and then the last 2 days the servers have been down, if this is a joke I'm missing the punch line.

oh as for the hunter pet revamps...It's cool and all but I got 2 hunters one at 39 one at 27...by the time they go in they'll probally both be at 60 or one will be deleted and on at 60.

Cool and all but I really don't feel like re-rolling to play with pets the way they should have been from the get go.

Ugh, this sucks. My realms been down whenever I try and get on. This is one of the games I'd rather play then post about.

Lets see. I'm at lvl 48 now. I've got a widowmaker in my main hand and a satyr's blade in my off. I really, really like the damage I can do, I love my weapons. For talent points I have 30 in assassantion, and I can't tell you how much I love cold blood and seal fate. I have 8 in combat for improved backstab. Right now I'm conisdering if I should go for the dagger specialization talent and riposte in combat, or invest the rest in subtelty for improved ambush. Basically, I'm looking at either 30/21 or 30/8/13. Any suggestions?

Biff: Well, I'm going for a 21/30 Assassination/Subtlety build (Cold Blood + Preperation...oh yeah.)

I dunno how much PvP you plan on doing, but I can't stress enough how much I *love* have all 5 ranks in Master of Deception, really comes in handy against mobs that are higher than you. That said, I'd go with the 30/8/13.

SaitoH

Biff Hardbody said:
Ugh, this sucks. My realms been down whenever I try and get on. This is one of the games I'd rather play then post about.

Lets see. I'm at lvl 48 now. I've got a widowmaker in my main hand and a satyr's blade in my off. I really, really like the damage I can do, I love my weapons. For talent points I have 30 in assassantion, and I can't tell you how much I love cold blood and seal fate. I have 8 in combat for improved backstab. Right now I'm conisdering if I should go for the dagger specialization talent and riposte in combat, or invest the rest in subtelty for improved ambush. Basically, I'm looking at either 30/21 or 30/8/13. Any suggestions?

Riptose is pretty damn nice. Actually a lot of the combat tree is nice, but when it came down to it, I found I preferred Seal of fate, Cold blood, Improved sap and Preparation. I haven't tried a 30/8/13 build before.

Guess I don't have any pertinent advice.

*coughs*

Thanks guys. Yeah, improved sap and preperation look like awesome talents. Preperation looks especially nasty.

I can't do away with full seal fate though. The amount of combo points I generate now are just sick, I love it. Its like a new character. I find the 3 talents I have in combat (improved gouge, backstab, and sinister strike) are really, really useful. They aren't eye popping talents, but they have come in handy too many times to count.

I'm torn on where to go. I love the opportunity skill, and improved ambush is mean as hell. But, I've seen some 30/21 rogues tear shit up. Like has been said above me, riposte is damn nice. Plus, the dagger spec gives that extra 5% critical chance which is nice.

Tekno, I miss master of deception already. I used to have it full, and I could sneak around so much better then now. Very underrated talent that has uses in combat. This is another angle that leads me back to 30/8/13

Suikoguy

Ok.. how the flying hell did Blizzard fuck THAT up?

For those who could not view the forum, here is the post, and it is indeed verfifed by many.

Huge massive bug in 1.3.1 | 3/29/2005 2:23:26 PM PST
There is no longer any check to see if a name is taken on the server. Anyone can create a level 1 character with your name, and you will be unable to login and play your character as long as they are online. This is a horrible horrible exploit. The servers need to be taken down NOW to address this.

I've played many MMORPGs at launch, and i've never seen such a bad overlooked bug, let alone a game that is many months old. Why the hell do they even have a test server?

I speculate the following
Either:
-Blizzard hired incompentent people for cheap
-Blizzard has a core code set that is very messy and hard to work with--> And if thats the case none of this crap is gonna get better till they almost have to rewrite or cleanup the mess that was programed.
-Blizzard is just inexperenced---> But at this point, this draws closer to the other two.

Blizzard has till my account expires in 2 weeks to get things running smoothly, otherwise i'm offically done.

Bregor

Seems as though the naming problem may have been caused by a database error on some realms introduced during maintenance, rather than a coding problem.

"I've played many MMORPGs at launch, and i've never seen such a bad overlooked bug, let alone a game that is many months old. Why the hell do they even have a test server?"

The test server had people's characters moved over to said server, I don't think anyone tried to make a new character on the test server.

firex

You know what would be cool for the warlock community to have? A representative who actually shows up more than once a month and has a fucking clue about the class, or at least would bother to actually get information from the playerbase.

Suikoguy

Teknopathetic said:
"I've played many MMORPGs at launch, and i've never seen such a bad overlooked bug, let alone a game that is many months old. Why the hell do they even have a test server?"

The test server had people's characters moved over to said server, I don't think anyone tried to make a new character on the test server.

Hmmm.. good point
Hence why it should not be closed

AeroGod

firex said:
You know what would be cool for the warlock community to have? A representative who actually shows up more than once a month and has a fucking clue about the class, or at least would bother to actually get information from the playerbase.

While the warlock may not be as complete a PvP class as a rogue or mage, nor does it have an many special tricks, I still dont get why people complain SO much. In duels I destroy people and in real pvp the only classes that give me trouble are paladins and for some reason.. druids :/ Paladins I pretty much have no hope of beating in 1v1, and druids are so complex with their shapeshifting/heals and the root/moonfire/root/moonfire bs its hard to call a fight and im not ashamed to admit that druids usually defeat me. Even in duels, the almight shaman I destroy, pretty easily I might add. Maybe im missing something.

Yeah we could use another Crowd Control spell and a few buffs, ill admit that, but Warlocks when played right, IMO, are one of the best pvp classes. Warriors/Hunters/Mages in duels and 1v1 I destroy, infact I cant think of a time I lost to one of those classes in a fair fight. Heck when i was lvl 50 I was killing lvl 60 warriors. Rogues I can usually beat unless they get a jump on me then its a 50/50 fight and pretty much comes down to how often they hit and crit. Other warlocks come down basically to if they are as good as me, then its anyones game. If your warlockery isnt up to mine, then your toast. Simple as that. I can usually beat any warlock on my server, especially horde, although some of the alliance warlocks are crafty and put up a good fight. Paladins usually end up in corpse run. Ive beaten some paladins, mostly lower level, but anyone who knows how to work a paladin(is it even that hard?) can kill me. Shaman Im pretty good at. I die to them a few times, there are some good shammys on our server, but I dont think they are as overpowered as people say they are. Druids are hard for me to kill. Not as much trouble as Paladins, but definatly the 2nd hardest. By now though ive identified the good and bad Night Elf druids on the server and engage only the ones I can kill, unless Im feeling like a good hard fight I probably will lose :p Holy Priests go down hard. They cant kill me. Shadow Priests are sometimes a trouble, but like with Mages, Curse of Tounges is amazing way to really hurt them and make the fight alot easier. Its a good substitue for CoA, becasue they dont have that much HP anyways. A stronger class the extra DoT might help, but with weak casters CoT is much more effective.

This is all with a Succubus and Imp too. If im out with a voidwalker or no pet, my chances of winning are less. Although ive beaten warriors and hunters actually without a pet before, on a number of occasions.

This is my warlock, Lvl 60 orc Warlock on Eredar

http://img195.exs.cx/img195/2202/wowscrnshot0325052345384lv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom