• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Xabora said:
I have the old kara files, I've explored Version 1, 2, and 3 of AQ before it was officially released in 1.9. (Still have AQ 1 around here)
Found soo many other things that I cannot remember.

I'm really interested in this stuff as far as videos and screenshots go, I saw one or two of Vanilla WoW Hellfire, anymore of that stuff you can link to off the top of your head?

phinious

Is there any way to gift a month of game time to a friend. My buddy is hit with hard luck and I wanted to give him a month to play, but all I can find is game cards for 2 months that you buy at the store.

It would be cool if I could just pay online and get a 1 month code or something.

Macattk15

phinious said:
Is there any way to gift a month of game time to a friend. My buddy is hit with hard luck and I wanted to give him a month to play, but all I can find is game cards for 2 months that you buy at the store.

It would be cool if I could just pay online and get a 1 month code or something.

You'd probably just have to enter your credit card as the payment method on his account information page ... though I don't know if you'd want to do that ... I don't trust my friends that much, even though they are my friends.

TomServo

Lain said:
Ktz this week dropped our first The Turning Tides and I didn't have enough DKP to get it over one of our mages. So now I have to hope another drops soon as the next is surely gonna be mine.

Good for the mage. Mages and warlocks suffer from the worst itemization in Wrath when it comes to weapons. Unlike trees / boomkin rolling on cloth or holy pallys rolling on mail, there's no where else for us to turn.

This is the net result of Blizzard doing a horrible job of 2H staff itemization for dps casters. Mages and warlocks are stuck going after a tiny number of main hands, only one of which drops with any frequency at all.

We don't need you to blow the whole 2H item budget on stamina and intellect. If I'm getting more spellpower / haste / crit / hit out of my Naxx10 MH + badge OH than I would with a Naxx25 staff, something's seriously wrong.

winnarps

TomServo said:
Good for the mage. Mages and warlocks suffer from the worst itemization in Wrath when it comes to weapons. Unlike trees / boomkin rolling on cloth or holy pallys rolling on mail, there's no where else for us to turn.

This is the net result of Blizzard doing a horrible job of 2H staff itemization for dps casters. Mages and warlocks are stuck going after a tiny number of main hands, only one of which drops with any frequency at all.

We don't need you to blow the whole 2H item budget on stamina and intellect. If I'm getting more spellpower / haste / crit / hit out of my Naxx10 MH + badge OH than I would with a Naxx25 staff, something's seriously wrong.

I think Blizzard purposely itemized KT the way they did so people would have a good reason to keep clearing through Naxx every week.

I completely agree with the sentiments about current itemization, though. It's awful. Especially if your guild has bad luck week after week with KT loot.

Although, it seems as if they're trying to bring back staves (balancing them against 1H+OH, I mean) in Ulduar.

TomServo said:

I'd say things are fairly even between holy paladins, mages, and warlocks when it comes to weapon itemization with mages having it the worst of the three since they like spirit just as much as we do.

Excluding staves (which there are a lot of that apparently no one wants), the viable ilvl213+ options for all 3 is 4. Paladins have a second ilvl226 option but there are also more classes/specs that want it and it's best in slot for them whereas it's not for us.

If it's an upgrade from hammer of the astral plane for the paladin vs. life and death for the mage to the turning tide class shouldn't matter.

TomServo

cubicle47b said:
I'd say things are fairly even between holy paladins, mages, and warlocks when it comes to weapon itemization with mages having it the worst of the three since they like spirit just as much as we do.

Warlocks value spirit. For those of us with the Demonic Aegis talent, it's equal to +haste behind +hit and +spellpower.

cubicle47b said:
Excluding staves (which there are a lot of that apparently no one wants), the viable ilvl213+ options for all 3 is 4. Paladins have a second ilvl226 option but there are also more classes/specs that want it and it's best in slot for them whereas it's not for us.

For warlocks and mages, the problem is that Haunting Call and Soulblade are about as rare as TTT. We've been clearing Naxx since December and have zero TTT, one Haunting Call, and one Soulblade. The only mage / warlock MH I see with any real frequency is Life&Death, and we get to compete with holy pallys for that since it's basically TTT Jr.

The problem with staves is that they're spending their extra item budget on stamina and intellect, two of the least important stats for a caster. I've had people tell me this is the way it's always been, but as we scale into level 80 gear it's getting worse. Staves were a viable option compared to MH+OH in vanilla WoW.

cubicle47b said:
If it's an upgrade from hammer of the astral plane for the paladin vs. life and death for the mage to the turning tide class shouldn't matter.

I agree here. Just don't take TTT from the poor bastard still using an ilvl200 weapon because Blizzard decided to make two or our three ilvl213 choices almost as rare as the ilvl226.

Macattk15 said:
Yet another week of no Betrayer of Humanity. This HAS to be near our 20th kill or something stupid like that.

Betrayer, Jouney's End, and Torch are getting near off-spec status for us. We usually get two of the three every week. We've had a week where we got all three.

My only possible ilvl213+ upgrades were hammer of the astral plane (same drop rate as the soulblade) and life & death so I definitely understand how rarely they drop. I got lucky and rolled a 98 in a PuG against 3 other people for my hammer.

edit: At least he paladin weapon situation is still 10x better than in BC. The next mace itemized for us after Shard of the Virtuous (3rd boss in Kara) was Vashj's mace which every healer wanted and had a 14% drop rate (ilvl 115 -> 141).

Macattk15

Epix said:
KT can suck my crank. 11 Heroic kills and no 2h weapon. 10 regular kills and no 2h weapon. Suck me.

Least I have the one Death's Bite that has ever dropped in 10 man KT.

We have so many damn Calamity's Grasps and Sinister Revenge however.

Epix

TomServo said:
Betrayer, Jouney's End, and Torch are getting near off-spec status for us. We usually get two of the three every week. We've had a week where we got all three.
I really want to reach through the internet and slap your dog.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
phinious said:

You could just buy a game card and tell him the code on it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What's the add on that tells you ilvl and how much crit, etc. you're gaining from an item.

It can be hard to itemize in game when accounting for agility on a melee class sometimes and that would be helpful.

phinious

funkmastergeneral said:
sounds like that would cost twice as much as this guy wants to spend. he just wants a month.

Yeah but i guess Ill be nice and buy him 2 months with the card. He is an internet friend, and I don't really trust anyone when I use my credit card.

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
What's the add on that tells you ilvl and how much crit, etc. you're gaining from an item.

It can be hard to itemize in game when accounting for agility on a melee class sometimes and that would be helpful.

RatingsBuster?

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:

Ratingbuster does it for me.

edit : what the dude above me said.

bengraven

Xabora said:
I have the old kara files, I've explored Version 1, 2, and 3 of AQ before it was officially released in 1.9. (Still have AQ 1 around here)
Found soo many other things that I cannot remember.

Someone needs to make a site that's just concentrated on WoW pre-release. I think after so many of have played for hundreds, thousands of hours it would be really interesting.

I know there are videos on Youtube of Orgrimmar having more pathways in the middle of the Valley of Strength and the UC having more "rings" with hallways and residences between the AH area and trainers.

firex

I still remember old ironforge, and I don't mean the blocked off area. I mean really early beta ironforge. back when it was a city and not a giant circle with stuff in it.

zam

Oni Link 666 said:
So, I've been trying out different builds on my rogue on the PTR. Going with a cookie cutter 15/51/5 swords build taking the new lightning reflexes my DPS is around 500 more. That's still not enough for me to catch up to those doing over 4k sustained now though. I don't know what else Blizz would be willing to buff. Maybe if the dual wielding hit cap was lowered or if they buffed precision or maybe added extra damage to imp SS.

Subtlety still sucks with swords. Hemorrhage still hits like a wet noodle and SS without combat talents takes too much energy and only hits a little bit harder. I tried some weird hybrid builds for PVP on the dummy but, I haven't gotten into a BG on there yet. It looks like mut/prep will still be the best PVP spec. I want a good PVP spec I can play with my swords though. I'm thinking a combat/sub build might work well for that.

Assassination is looking kind of weak but then again, I don't really have glyphs for it (I'm just using my regular ones; Rupture, SS, and S&D), I'm not gemmed for it, I don't have very good daggers (A 1.4 with mongoose and a 1.8 with 50 SP. I just had them in the bank and picked up the only 2 weapon enchants on the PTR AH), and I don't usually play assassination. I think I got the hang of it pretty quickly but, my DPS was about 400 less than with combat swords. I think someone with more experience with the spec and better daggers could pull some similar numbers to my combat swords numbers. I'm not so sure assassination will be much more DPS than combat after 3.1.
Try 7/51/13 (just take Malice and Blood Splatter in Assassination and Relentless Strikes and Serrated Blades in Sub), it's been doing more damage than 15/51/5 since 3.0

zam said:
Try 7/51/13 (just take Malice and Blood Splatter in Assassination and Relentless Strikes and Serrated Blades in Sub), it's been doing more damage than 15/51/5 since 3.0

I tried that and it's slightly less DPS than 15/51/5 for me.

zam said:

Don't tell Oni Link how to spec!

colinp

Banned
firex said:
I still remember old ironforge, and I don't mean the blocked off area. I mean really early beta ironforge. back when it was a city and not a giant circle with stuff in it.

Any idea why they changed it?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
cubicle47b said:
Don't tell Oni Link how to spec!
laugh.gif

vumpler

Macattk15 said:
Took a bit to get everything in the right places and showing the right things .... but it wasn't THAT bad.
I can't even see half of whats going on, on my screen its got so much shit there. Did you build this UI or are you tweaking a premade?

Either way can you list everything that is in it? I love how everything is organized down low. I will convert to using it tonight if its possible.

Macattk15

vumpler said:
I can't even see half of whats going on, on my screen its got so much shit there. Did you build this UI or are you tweaking a premade?

Either way can you list everything that is in it? I love how everything is organized down low. I will convert to using it tonight if its possible.

I downloaded a previous version of the UI, but now the guy put together a nice little guide in how to get it to work pretty damn easily.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11325-AlcaUIrebornwidescreen.html

I would assume that makes it perfectly easy to do.

I warn you, shit is QUITE small at 1680x1050 and you can't change the scale of shit. Least I can't figure it out with it being normal looking still.

vumpler

Macattk15

flsh said:
This, by and large, the nicest and cleanest UI I have ever seen. For a moment I actually thought it was an official one :lol

Can you please explain how you got it looking so pretty and useful?

It came pretty close to the overall picture, everything was just jammed in the middle of the screen and I had to position it.

But now as I said in a follow-up post, the author of the UI made a guide to setting it up with the ability to load his profiles which I imagine puts the stuff in the right places for you.

You'll probably have to tweak it still a good deal, but that guide is probably pretty good.

Scum

Macattk15 said:
I downloaded a previous version of the UI, but now the guy put together a nice little guide in how to get it to work pretty damn easily.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11325-AlcaUIrebornwidescreen.html

I would assume that makes it perfectly easy to do.

I warn you, shit is QUITE small at 1680x1050 and you can't change the scale of shit. Least I can't figure it out with it being normal looking still.
Awesome! I'm going to spend tomorrow after pissing about with this now. :lol

vumpler

Macattk15 said:
It came pretty close to the overall picture, everything was just jammed in the middle of the screen and I had to position it.

But now as I said in a follow-up post, the author of the UI made a guide to setting it up with the ability to load his profiles which I imagine puts the stuff in the right places for you.

You'll probably have to tweak it still a good deal, but that guide is probably pretty good.
Shit it comes a cluster fuck like i figured :lol His guide says load those profiles but they aren't listed in the addons he says they should be:lol

update: Ok i had the wrong version i got the 2.0 not the current.

update2: Ok mod not for me. I only have a 20inch widescreen. This would be epic with a 24 inch but i can't read that text for shiiit.

Scum

I quickly tried it, and Macattk15 is right. Everything's too damn small at 1680 x 1050. :-/
Looks pretty slick though. :p

Finally dinged 80 on my DK today in CoS. Wasn't racing to 80, had the toon since about the beginning of Dec. Had 4 days /played when I dinged. The only problem now is trying to find a decent raiding guild that isn't full up on DK's >_<.

Worse comes to worse, I'll level my Pally. Its just nice having a level-cap toon again. Hopefully I won't sell this account too soon again.

Was mining in the basin today and ran into the rare cat spawn........asked my guild if any hunters needed it, and the hunters that were on told me to kill it, so I did

Seemed like such a waste when an actual hunter sent me a tell while I was beside the corpse asking how long ago it was killed

Sucks for that hunter!

yacobod

Banned
good night of raiding for the the past 2 nights

i picked up a death's bite to offhand with my betrayer, got the crude discolored battlegrips off patch, and the bracers of unrelenting attack of gothik, just need to kill malygos this week and get my new neck piece

up to 4199 unbuffed ap
360 hit rating
40.65 crit rating

now my Armageddon and jawbone are sitting in my bags lol

zam

Oni Link 666 said:
Rupture? I build combo points with gouge and then kidney shot... :rolleyes
Well I'm not assuming anything since you thought that a spec without Relentless Strikes was perfectly fine :p

Edit: Looking at your gear you're using Silent Crusader + Hailstorm, if you wanna do more dps pick up Calamity's Grasp + Webbed Death and go CQC. Silent Crusader is a tad fast to be a good MH and Hailstorm is a tad slow, and the stats on the swords sucks, screw armor pen. Also Sword Spec isnt as good as it used to be, since now it only procs off autoattacks.

firex

sword spec is pretty crappy across the board.

I just wish there were good axes for hunters/shaman out there so if I decided to go enhance, I could take advantage of my shaman's orc racial. plus I'm really, really, really, really, really, really fucking tired of fist weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom