• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Finally got the Northern Exposure achievement at 2 am last night :lol

Was racing to 80 on my DK and saw a enormous Scourge the size of a Fel Reaver. Assumed it was a quest mob, but it turns out to be a rare spawn named "Putridus the Ancient." Not having my epic flying, it moves just a tad slower than my flying mount; so I'm chasing this enormous fucking zombie across the basin of Icecrown Glacier; he gets towards another player (who turns out to not be looking) and I freak out and attack him, but aggro like 12 mobs and die horribly.

I manage to get to my corpse, and he's still out there, but running back in the other direction; I get halfway across Icecrown again on my slow ass flying mount before I catch him, and just get slaughtered (he's elite) :lol

I wasn't really close to killing him; so I put out a notice in General for someone to kill him before he despawns, and then announce the location. I get tells from like three people, and just announce it in general so no one has an advantage on bagging the mob.

I come back to life, and he's not only alive, but running straight at me from about 30 yds; I say what the hell and hit a death grip on him. I get him down to 1000 health thanks to Death Pact critting to sacrifice my ghoul and blowing my Medallion of Heroism and a potion, but I get stunned (furiously whacking the frost strike button all the while) when he's at 1000 health and I'm at like 2000. I groan loudly knowing one more hit will do me in, but he mysteriously dies and I get the achievement.

Feeling like a badass I loot his random blue and go on my way... then I checked my combat log and noticed the epic'd out hunter that sent me the tell started to attack him moments after I initially death gripped him :lol I just never noticed cause that mob is fucking huge.

PatzCU

Angry Grimace said:
Finally got the Northern Exposure achievement at 2 am last night :lol

Was racing to 80 on my DK and saw a enormous Scourge the size of a Fel Reaver. Assumed it was a quest mob, but it turns out to be a rare spawn named "Putridus the Ancient." Not having my epic flying, it moves just a tad slower than my flying mount; so I'm chasing this enormous fucking zombie across the basin of Icecrown Glacier; he gets towards another player (who turns out to not be looking) and I freak out and attack him, but aggro like 12 mobs and die horribly.

I manage to get to my corpse, and he's still out there, but running back in the other direction; I get halfway across Icecrown again on my slow ass flying mount before I catch him, and just get slaughtered (he's elite) :lol

I wasn't really close to killing him; so I put out a notice in General for someone to kill him before he despawns, and then announce the location. I get tells from like three people, and just announce it in general so no one has an advantage on bagging the mob.

I come back to life, and he's not only alive, but running straight at me from about 30 yds; I say what the hell and hit a death grip on him. I get him down to 1000 health thanks to Death Pact critting to sacrifice my ghoul and blowing my Medallion of Heroism and a potion, but I get stunned (furiously whacking the frost strike button all the while) when he's at 1000 health and I'm at like 2000. I groan loudly knowing one more hit will do me in, but he mysteriously dies and I get the achievement.

Feeling like a badass I loot his random blue and go on my way... then I checked my combat log and noticed the epic'd out hunter that sent me the tell started to attack him moments after I initially death gripped him :lol I just never noticed cause that mob is fucking huge.

Could you not have just invited others to help kill it and share the achievement with everyone?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PatzCU said:
Could you not have just invited others to help kill it and share the achievement with everyone?
I would have been happy to if not for the fact that you have to attack rare mobs straight off due to the presence of Horde players. Another factor was that he moves too fast for me to be able to have a lot of time to set all that up.

Macattk15

Yeah like I said the text is small , but it works for me. I had to get used to it at first.

wowscrnshot031109233636.jpg

That is a guildies UI ... also pretty awesome.

Epix

Macattk15 said:
Yeah like I said the text is small , but it works for me. I had to get used to it at first.

That is a guildies UI ... also pretty awesome.
What mod is that tracking his malygos stacks on the left side? I see Malygos Helper on the right side but not sure about the left side.

Macattk15

Epix said:
What mod is that tracking his malygos stacks on the left side? I see Malygos Helper on the right side but not sure about the left side.

I'd like to know also haha. I'll ask him when I see him online.

bengraven

firex said:
I still remember old ironforge, and I don't mean the blocked off area. I mean really early beta ironforge. back when it was a city and not a giant circle with stuff in it.

So what was it like?

Angry Grimace

Tier 8 Set Bonuses:

Only Death Knight and Druid Bonuses are available in this build, sorry!

Death Knight

* Item - Death Knight T8 Melee 2P Bonus (Class: Death Knight) -- Increases the critical strike chance of Death Coil and Frost Strike by 5%.
* Item - Death Knight T8 Melee 4P Bonus (Class: Death Knight) -- Increases the bonus damage done per disease by 20% on Blood Strike, Heart Strike, Obliterate, and Scourge Strike.
They were having a big stink on EJ on how Frost would be competitive without the extra RP generated from T7....well there you go. Good news for me, assuming I ever get to Ulduar :p Yet more changes:

Blizzard said:
Death Knight (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

Frost

* Frost Presence now reduces damage taken by 5%. (Old - Reduces spell damage taken by 10%)
* Guile of Gorefiend now Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Blood Strike, Frost Strike, Howling Blast and Obliterate abilities by 15/30/45%, and increases the duration of your Icebound Fortitude by 2 secs. (Old - Increased all damage done by these abilities by 5/10/15%)
* Unbreakable Armor now reduces all damage from attacks. (Old - Only physical damage)
* Improved Frost Presence now decrease the damage done to you by 1/2% while in Frost Presence. (Old - Reduced spell damage done to you while in Frost Presence by 2/4%)

Unholy

* Death Strike now deals 75% weapon damage (up from 60% weapon damage), additional damage increased as well. (From 178.2 to 222.75 for Rank 5)
* Desecration is now also caused by Scourge Strike.
* Vicious Strikes doesn't affect Death Strike anymore.

Blood

* Dancing Rune Weapon now lasts 10 sec plus 1 sec per 5 additional runic power, doing the same attacks as the Death Knight but for 50% reduced damage. Cooldown reduced from 3 min to 1.5 min.
* Will of the Necropolis now affects damage that would take you below 35% health or taken while you are at 35% health. (Old - Only damage that would take you below 35% health)
* Might of Mograine now increases the critical strike damage damage bonus of your Blood Boil, Blood Strike, Death Strike, and Heart Strike abilities by 15/30/45%. (Old - Increased damage of all these abilities and Obliterate for 3/7/10%)
* Improved Death Strike now Increases the damage of your Death Strike by 15/30% and increases its critical strike chance by 3/6%.
* Bloody Strikes now Increases the damage of Blood Strike and Heart Strike by 15/30/45%, and increases the damage of Blood Boil by 10/20/30%. (Down from 20/40/60%)
* Spell Deflection now give you a chance equal to your Parry chance of taking 15/30/45% (up from 10/20/30%) less damage from a direct damage spell.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Blood Boil has been removed.
* Glyph of Heart Strike added - Your Heart Strike also reduces the movement speed of your target by 50% for 5 sec.
* Glyph of Unbreakable Armor - Increases the amount of damage absorbed by Unbreakable Armor by 20%. (Up from 1%)
* Glyph of Death Strike - Increases your Death Strike's damage by 2% for every 2 runic power you currently have (up to a maximum of 25%). The runic power is not consumed by this effect. (Old - Increased your Death Strike's damage by 1% for every 5 runic power you currently have.)

Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Feral

* Faerie Fire (Feral) now deals [15% of AP + 1] damage. (Up from [5% of AP + 1])

Balance

* Celestial Focus now reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Starfire, Hibernate and Hurricane by 23/46/75% and increases your total spell haste by 1/2/3%. (Old - Affected Cyclone instead of Hurricane)

Hunter (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Survival

* Wyvern Sting cooldown has been lowered from 1.5min to 1min.
* Frost Trap now slows down the enemy by 50%. (Down from 60%)
* Resourcefulness now also effects Black Arrow.
* Entrapment changed to - When your Frost Trap, Immolation Trap, Explosive Trap and Snake Trap are triggered you entrap all afflicted targets, preventing them from moving for 2/4/6 sec.

Beast Mastery

* Animal handler now increases the duration of your Master's Call effect by 6sec. (Down from 10sec)

Marksmanship

* Wild Quiver now deals 80% weapon nature damage. (Old - 80% Nature damage, wording change?)
* Concussive Barrage changed from 3 to 2 ranks, now gives your successful Chimera Shot and Multi-Shot attacks a 50/100% chance to Daze the target for 4 sec. (Old - 2/4/6% chance on Auto Shot, Multi-Shot, and Volley)
* Efficiency now reduces the Mana cost of your Shots and Stings by 3/6/9/12/15%. (Up from 2/4/6/8/10%)

Glyphs

* Glyph of the Monkey has been removed.
* Glyph of Mend Pet has been added - Increases the healing done by your Mend Pet ability by 40%.
* Glyph of Raptor Strike - For 3 sec (down from 5 sec) after using Raptor Strike, you take 20% less damage.G

Mage (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Glyph

* Glyph of Mirror Image - Your Mirror Images gain the Winter's Chill talent, granting their Frostbolt spell a 100% chance to apply the Winter's Chill effect, which increases the chance spells will critically hit the target by 2% (up from 1%) for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

Paladin (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Protection

* Greater Blessing of Sanctuary now gives the target 2% of maximum displayed mana when the target blocks, parries, or dodges a melee attack.

Holy

* Judgements of the Pure was moved from Tier 10 to Tier 9.
* Sacred Cleansing was moved from Tier 9 to Tier 8.
* Enlightened Judgements was moved from Tier 9 to Tier 10.
* Infusion of Light was moved from Tier 8 to Tier 10.
* Blessed Hands now reduces the mana cost of Hand of Freedom, Hand of Sacrifice and Hand of Salvation by 15/30%, increases the effectiveness of Hand of Salvation by 50% and the effectiveness of Hand of Sacrifice by an additional 5/10%.
* Aura Mastery now causes your Concentration Aura to make all affected targets immune to Silence and Interrupt effects and improve the effect of all other auras by 100%.

Protection

* Guarded by the Light got an additional effect - In addition, your Divine Plea spell is 50/100% less likely to be dispelled.

Retribution

* Sanctified Seals was renamed to Sanctity of Battle, now Increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and attacks by 1/2/3% and increases the damage caused by Exorcism and Crusader Strike by 5/10/15%.

Priest (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Discipline

* Grace description has been modified to add - Grace can only be active on one target at a time.

Rogue (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Assassination

* Hunger for Blood now lasts 1 min. Energy cost reduced from 30 to 15.

Shaman (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Spirit Weapons now decrease the threat on all attacks by 30% (Old - Only Melee attacks)

Enhancement

* Nature Resistance Totem, Stoneskin Totem, Fire Resistance Totem, Frost Resistance Totem, Strength of Earth Totem, Flametongue Totem, Wrath of Air Totem, Windfury Totem descriptions have been changed to reflect the latest changes, they now affects all raid members.
* Earthen Power now also make you and nearby friendly targets immune to snare effects for 5 sec when it pulses.

Restoration

* Healing Stream Totem range increased from 20 to 30 yards.
* Mana Spring Totem now restores 91 mana every 5 seconds at max rank. (Old - 34 mana every 2 seconds)
* Nature's Swiftness changed to - When activated, your next Nature spell with a base casting time less than 10 sec. becomes an instant cast spell. Nature's Swiftness shares a cooldown with Elemental Mastery.
* Restorative Totems now Increases the effect of your Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems by 4/8/12/16/20%. (Down from 5/10/15/20/25%)
* Healing Grace has been moved from Tier 3 to Tier 2.
* Ancestral Healing has been moved from Tier 2 to Tier 3.

Elemental

* Thunderstorm is now useable while stunned.
* Lava Flows now Iincreases the critical strike damage bonus of your Lava Burst spell by an additional 6/12/24%, and when your Flame Shock is dispelled your spell casting speed is increased by 10/20/30% for 6 sec.
* Lightning Overload changed from 5 to 3 ranks, now Gives your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells a 7/14/20% (Up from 4/8/12/16/20%) chance to cast a second, similar spell on the same target at no additional cost that causes half damage and no threat.
* Elemental Mastery has been changed to - When activated, your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava Burst spell becomes an instant cast spell. In addition, your Fire, Frost, and Nature damage spells a 20% increased critical strike chance for 15 sec. Elemental Mastery shares a cooldown with Nature's Swiftness. Instant, 3 min cooldown
* Storm, Earth, and Fire changed toReduces the cooldown of your Chain Lightning spell by .75 sec (on all ranks, down from 0.75/1/2.5sec), your Earthbind Totem also has a 33/66/100% chance to root targets for 5 sec when cast and the periodic damage done by your Flame Shock is increased by 20%.
* Elemental Reach now also increases the range of your Flame Shock by 7/15 yards.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Totem of Wrath -- When you cast Totem of Wrath, you gain 30% of the totem's bonus spell power for 5 min. (Old - until cancelled)

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Affliction

* Haunt now only increases all damage done by your Shadow damage-over-time effects. (Old - All DoT effects)

Demonology

* Metamoprhosis now increases your armor contribution from items by 600%. (Old - Increased armor by 600%)
* The Ritual of Doom spell doesn't require the Warlock to immediately enslave the doomguard anymore.
* Fel Synergy now gives you a 50/100% chance to heal your pet for 50/30% of the amount of spell damage done by you. (Old - All damage)

Warrior (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Arms

* Taste for Blood now gives you a 33/66/100% chance of allowing the use of your Overpower ability for 5 secs whenever your Rend ability causes damage. This talent will not occur more than once every 6 sec.

Fury

* Titan's Grip now reduces your physical damage done by 10% when dual-wielding two-handed weapons.

Glyph

* Glyph of Heroic Strike - You gain 10 rage when you critically strike with your Heroic Strike ability. (Old - Increases the critical strike chance of Heroic Strike by 5%.)
* Glyph of Last Stand - Reduces the cooldown of your Last Stand ability by 1 min. (Old - Also reduced the maximum health gained by 10%.)

VaLiancY

Tamanon said:
Spoken like a true hunter!

"Heal my pet!"
"Dude, buff my pet plz"
"wtf, hold on rezzing my pet"<in the middle of a big pull>
"My pet didn't pull that group, it was on passive."

Oh shit, my friend just quit WoW and gave me his decked out Paladin. ;o I don't know shit about Pals.

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
"Heal my pet!"
"Dude, buff my pet plz"

Oh shit, my friend just quit WoW and gave me his decked out Paladin. ;o I don't know shit about Pals.
I assume you can't just transfer the toon to your account though :(

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
VaLiancY said:
"Heal my pet!"
"Dude, buff my pet plz"
So true.

My blood pressure just rose to 180/140 reading that post. I hate when noob hunters pull that bullshit :lol

Angry Grimace

I was thinking about that Authenticator and was thinking it would be a lot better if it just logged you in without having to type the password at all as long as it's plugged in. Having to actually go through hoops is why I never even bothered considering it.

VaLiancY said:
"Heal my pet!"
"Dude, buff my pet plz"

All of BC, every time a hunter pet died.

"Can you might my pet?"
"I'm not the one doing might, talk to X"
"He's not answering me, can you might my pet?"
"I'm doing kings"
"Might is better."
"Fine, if he doesn't answer you shortly I'll do might."
*waits a minute*
*applies might*
"He just answered me and applied might, can my give my pet kings instead"

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
All of BC, every time a hunter pet died.

"Can you might my pet?"
"I'm not the one doing might, talk to X"
"He's not answering me, can you might my pet?"
"I'm doing kings"
"Might is better."
"Fine, if he doesn't answer you shortly I'll do might."
*waits a minute*
*applies might*
"He just answered me and applied might, can my give my pet kings instead"

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!
I'm so glad that kings is non-talented now. Seriously.

Angry Grimace said:
I'm so glad that kings is non-talented now. Seriously.

So am I, but what does that have to do with hunters being whiny dicks who are incredibly anal about pet buffs (on trash no less) to the point where I used to have 10 tell conversations with them whenever another Paladin went AFK?

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
So am I, but what does that have to do with hunters being whiny dicks who are incredibly anal about pet buffs (on trash no less) to the point where I used to have 10 tell conversations with them whenever another Paladin went AFK?
Because saying "hunters are retards" is a bit like saying "humans need air to live."

VaLiancY

Update, He's was one of the top tanks of our guild and I think I might take a break from the hunter(also I don't want to pay for two accounts) and take one for the team and tank upcoming raid content. I didn't know shit about tanking except only questing but I did Heroic Nexus which I know is easy peasy for a T7.5 tank and I have to say I enjoyed it.

VaLiancY

So are their any rotations to Paladins. I'm using stuff pretty situational. Avenger Shield for mobs, run into them and Conc, unleash my seal and that six second melee swing and do that shield attack that generates threat.

Tamanon

Banned
VaLiancY said:
So are their any rotations to Paladins. I'm using stuff pretty situational. Avenger Shield for mobs, run into them and Conc, unleash my seal and that six second melee swing and do that shield attack that generates threat.

That sounds pretty much it. Tanking as a Paladin is pretty simple to hold AE threat.

VaLiancY

Tamanon said:
That sounds pretty much it. Tanking as a Paladin is pretty simple to hold AE threat.

So it seems. It's fun holding all that threat and spamming consecrate.:lol And all of my Oh SHIT! defensive buttons.

firex

bengraven said:
So what was it like?
Instead of one giant ring, there were a couple levels. It's still similar to how it is now, but basically all the houses and stuff were near the entrance and were interspersed with the inn. The rogue/warlock trainer area was like its own little cavern below the normal street level areas. The mystic ward was also different, and set further inside the circle than it is now, with a different layout for the actual building with priest/paladin/mage trainers.

The king and the gnome parts were also different. The king's throne used to be in the middle, with an elevator that went down in the city to reach it (note that when alliance players complained about falling off the elevator and dying, they got rid of this, but never bothered to do that for UC despite horde players having the same complaint). The gnomes had their own little corner of the city, kind of like how they have a section now, but it looked different (it was a lot more natural, and a lot worse honestly) and it wasn't a neat little slice of the pie like it is now.

I can't remember where the AH was because they redesigned it shortly after launching the AH system, I think. Maybe not; they might have actually released AHs after the redesign.

Basically it felt more organic, like an actual city that had evolved over the years as it was built to meet a growing population, compared to now where it feels like some sterile town that's all quartered off and divided equally.

edit:
VaLiancY said:

969 or 696, either way you just want to use your abilities so you aren't clipping cooldowns even though it will inevitably happen over a long enough fight. I typically do avenger's shield to pull, holy shield, hammer of the righteous, judgement, shield of righteousness, consecration (if more than 3 enemies are there, or on a boss fight) and then start the rotation over again.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I can't believe they've finally buffed Mana Spring Totem by almost triple. I hardly ever used it because it was way too slow as a mana regen and relied solely upon Mana Tide and during vanilla-WoW that silly totem quest reward near Alterac. Pretty sure I still have it in my bank for nostalgia.

Praise be to new WoW Blizzard.

firex

It's not even much of a buff. basically they just put it on the same mp5 amount as blessing of wisdom.

I can't see that new Aura Mastery talent making it out of testing either. I hope it doesn't, anyway, because otherwise every pally's going to have to spend 11 in holy just to get it, regardless of spec.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Angry Grimace said:
I was thinking about that Authenticator and was thinking it would be a lot better if it just logged you in without having to type the password at all as long as it's plugged in. Having to actually go through hoops is why I never even bothered considering it.
What?

Type in your name and pass and 6 extra numbers, this is a total of 10 extra seconds. Hardly "going through hoops".

TomServo

funkmastergeneral said:
Not hard at all, I'm not really sure what all these UIs add to the playability of WoW. I've seen some UI telling people when to do certain moves, and that's like cheating to me.

For my raiding main, the only mods I use are DBM, Recount, DoTimer, and Omen. I keep Omen and Recount minimized.

All of these custom UI's I see posted have the clutter moved to the edges, which I don't understand. My DoTimer bars are almost on top of my character, for example. I don't want to have look to the edge of the screen to get the info I need.

To each their own though, as long as you're not a keyboard turner and/or clicker.

Macattk15

TomServo said:
For my raiding main, the only mods I use are DBM, Recount, DoTimer, and Omen. I keep Omen and Recount minimized.

All of these custom UI's I see posted have the clutter moved to the edges, which I don't understand. My DoTimer bars are almost on top of my character, for example. I don't want to have look to the edge of the screen to get the info I need.

To each their own though, as long as you're not a keyboard turner and/or clicker.

I'm really only ever looking at the middle of my screen ... I don't need to see my HP or Rage ... I have warnings for when my HP is low enough to be of concern and the HUD bars curving around my character display my rage.

To this day in all of our Sarth 2D kills and 3D attempts I have yet to be hit by a single lava wave or void zone. I think I'm the only one in my guild still with this going .... hopefully I'll never be hit by one and I can continue laying the verbal berating smackdown on those who are continually hit by either!

TomServo said:

:(

I am trying to become a mouse turner, but it's so sensitive it's taking some practice to get use to it. But fuuuuuuck hot keys, I'm going to be a clicker until the day I die. I tried and tried to get used to hotkeys, but could never get the hang of it so I went back to clicking and do fine.

Also, stupid question time. where is the horde base in Borean Tundra? I've never leveled a horde toon there before, and prefer it to Howling Fjord. Is there a zep I can take there directly?

TomServo

funkmastergeneral said:

I am trying to become a mouse turner, but it's so sensitive it's taking some practice to get use to it. But fuuuuuuck hot keys, I'm going to be a clicker until the day I die. I tried and tried to get used to hotkeys, but could never get the hang of it so I went back to clicking and do fine.

Try using ESDF instead of WASD. The little nub on F will help you move back and forth from the movement keys to your keybinds. I still click some stuff, but keybindings cover the important stuff.

I can't imagine trying to keyboard turn through anything, and the fights that prioritize movement really benefit from keybinding. Clicking on Patchwerk? Sure. Clicking on Sarth+3D? You'd be giving something up, for sure.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:

Also, stupid question time. where is the horde base in Borean Tundra? I've never leveled a horde toon there before, and prefer it to Howling Fjord. Is there a zep I can take there directly?

Sheesh you'd get wrecked in PvP and probably some encounters in PvE.

Just take the zeppelin from Orgrimmar. Hang a right upon exiting the main gates of Org and run up the tower.

The base is Warsong Hold I believe and it's on the West side of the map in Borean ... kinda SW ... it's pretty large.

JoeFu

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:

Org Zep to Northrend takes you to Warsong Hold in Borean Tundra, if you didn't find out yet.

Borean is sooo much better than Fjord, I did like 3 quests in Fjord and got bored.

ALSO I'm a mouse clicker too. I can't do hotkeys for some reason. In RTS's I have to force myself to used hot keys because its so much better, but for WoW, clicking is fine because of the GCD, and I play a pally where I press 4 buttons.

Angry Grimace

LAUGHTREY said:
What?

Type in your name and pass and 6 extra numbers, this is a total of 10 extra seconds. Hardly "going through hoops".
I would rather not spend those 10 seconds. Call me lazy but I would rather not have to have the inconvience of reaching around my computer to press more buttons and read numbers. I'll just stick to not getting keylogged.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:

I use MiksScrollingBattleText and it's pretty helpful because it has a pop up window that tells you when stuff procs; super helpful for a Death Knight that's looking for Killing Machine and Rime procs and needs to react to them.

I *can* mouse turn perfectly, I'm just lazy and don't because very little requires it at this point. I click buttons sometimes too but it's mostly on fights my warrior is tanking when I have to spam Heroic Strike (meaning press the button non stop) and I have to both move, spam HS and use my other moves; I move the mouse over to get some help on that front.

vumpler

Angry Grimace said:
I'll just stick to not getting keylogged.
Sounds reasonable. Just don't give out your pass to anyone either. You'll be good!

Angry Grimace said:
I use MiksScrollingBattleText

I loved MSBT while leveling but FUCK its laggy in naxx 25 with all the settings up. To much shit is proccing and drops my framerate to 1 or 2. If I just disable it I stay over 30.

Lain

I usually use hotkeyed mouseover macros, but click from time to time when I'm relaxing or being a bit lazy.
What's a keyboard turner tho?

Kyoufu

WTB non-tards who don't fuck my timed CoS runs. Motherfuckers, I'm never pugging that shit again. Haven't been able to even complete a CoS run because people are just soooooooooo bad and soooooooooooo retarded.

2 days ago I joined a so called timed run and hey what do you know the so called TANK WASN"T EVEN A TANK OMG WHY WHY WHY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Yup, I hate my server (EU Ravencrest). I miss playing on US Mal'Ganis. People weren't so retarded or gank-happy there.

TomServo

Lain said:
What's a keyboard turner tho?

Instead of using mouselook to turn and binding their left and right keys to strafe, a keyboard turner will, well, turn their character using their left and right keys.

I can't imagine anyone actually plays that way, but every once in a while you'll catch someone doing it. Run forward, turn character, run forward, turn character, etc. They get absolutely destroyed in PvP because once you recognize one all you have to do is run through them, spin around quickly w/ mouselook, and murder them while they stand there with their character slowly spinning around.

vumpler

cubicle47b said:
I don't know how keyboard turners exist. Have they never played a first person shooter before?
This is world of warcraft. I would assume upwards of 70% have never played a fps.

TomServo

vumpler said:
This is world of warcraft. I would assume upwards of 70% have never played a fps.

I've never seen it myself, but in a post on the official forums about how "raids haven't gotten easier, we've gotten better" there were folks laughing about old MC videos where it was obvious people were keyboard turning while taking down Ragnaros.

vumpler

TomServo said:
I've never seen it myself, but in a post on the official forums about how "raids haven't gotten easier, we've gotten better" there were folks laughing about old MC videos where it was obvious people were keyboard turning while taking down Ragnaros.
The raids don't feel hard to begin with. My wifes first time in naxx 10 she only had maybe 3 deaths? And she lived all through saph and kel. She did die on thaddius though . Overall she did well though. Now if we threw her in on Mal with us I feel it would be different. I died on it our first 2 times on phase 3. There's just only so much of a difficulty component they can give us at this point.

Ulduar could be a whole different animal though. I'm excited

Angry Grimace

We're gonna find out how good our ret-turned prot pally is now that my DK is at 80 :lol

Sometimes I hate being a DPSer; you just feel less in "control" of what's happening than you do when you're tanking.

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:
I use MiksScrollingBattleText and it's pretty helpful because it has a pop up window that tells you when stuff procs; super helpful for a Death Knight that's looking for Killing Machine and Rime procs and needs to react to them.

I *can* mouse turn perfectly, I'm just lazy and don't because very little requires it at this point. I click buttons sometimes too but it's mostly on fights my warrior is tanking when I have to spam Heroic Strike (meaning press the button non stop) and I have to both move, spam HS and use my other moves; I move the mouse over to get some help on that front.

I make my MSBT make noises when Bloodsurge procs an instant Slam. Works quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom