• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
Askani said:
Also, for my Hunter, Wow Heroes now lists me as the 75th overall Hunter on my server and the 4th place Beast Master Hunter. Anyone know how they calculate the scores? I mean...I know the exact formula isn't laid out somewhere for other sites to use or something. I just noticed I'm above all the other Hunters in my guild, and I know for sure some are better geared and better DPS than I am. Just curious as to what categories they use.

pretty sure wow heroes calculates your rank on the server based on the overall item level of your gear, your gems, and your enchants

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ToddG15 said:
Anyone know if any of the Valorous set bonuses are changing with 3.1? I thought I had read a while back that some of the bonuses were changing but maybe I’m wrong or it’s down the road. I didn’t see mention of anything on the patch notes.
The only one I'm aware of is for Death Strike being added to T7 DK set-bonuses (because Blizzard is trying to encourage the use of DS as a viable FU dump for Blood DKs).

I think our guild might be postponing doing much in Ulduar today; lag will be irritating, and us DK's have to completely change our rotations around. Not having that Howling Blast glyph available right off the bat won't help though.

Belfast

Soooooo I downloaded that early patch from the German site or whatever and when i log in, it only gives me options for "development" servers. What's with that?

Tamanon

Banned
Belfast said:
Soooooo I downloaded that early patch from the German site or whatever and when i log in, it only gives me options for "development" servers. What's with that?

It means the servers aren't up yet and won't be for a while:p

Belfast

Tamanon said:
It means the servers aren't up yet and won't be for a while:p

Yeah, but even if the servers aren't up, I still usually get a choice for US or other locations. Unless that's just something they changed with this patch. Anyway maintenance is still going on, will be another hour before an update. :|

Carl2282

Belfast said:

It should be ok, Normally that happens when you try to log in while they are still working on the servers.

Tamanon

Banned
Belfast said:
Yeah, but even if the servers aren't up, I still usually get a choice for US or other locations. Unless that's just something they changed with this patch. Anyway maintenance is still going on, will be another hour before an update. :|

Nah, it goes back and forth, sometimes it'll say Development, sometimes it'll say US and then throw up no servers. Believe me, I was jobless for a year, I learned what patch day looks like.:lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
BigJonsson said:
C'mon patch, get done already

I need to finish Plvling jewelcrafting :p

Went 0-311 in a few hours yesterday....fuck engineering :)
Once you get past the clusterfuck that is 200-300, it's all gravy from there, since Outlands and Northrend gems are cheap and you can gain skill pts. via cutting rather than just making useless shit you'll never be able to unload.

JC is going to have a relative buff vs. other professions until the next patch though, since the cardinal rubies aren't in game yet. When Epic Gems go in-game it's a buff for Blacksmiths and a nerf to JC. This is what I was told from some random poopsocker on my server :eek:

Is there anything I can do to improve my relative latency? It's not bad bad, just mediocre. I never did anything at all to optimize it other than plug in the cord.

Angry Grimace said:
Once you get past the clusterfuck that is 200-300, it's all gravy from there, since Outlands and Northrend gems are cheap and you can gain skill pts. via cutting rather than just making useless shit you'll never be able to unload.

JC is going to have a relative buff vs. other professions until the next patch though, since the cardinal rubies aren't in game yet. When Epic Gems go in-game it's a buff for Blacksmiths and a nerf to JC. This is what I was told from some random poopsocker on my server :eek:

Is there anything I can do to improve my relative latency? It's not bad bad, just mediocre. I never did anything at all to optimize it other than plug in the cord.

Pretty much, I have about 200 Northrend uncommon gems in the bank and plenty of meta's to cut from the guild bank

The hardest part was the lack of certain gems on the AH which forced me to use more complex recipes or mine and prospect for a bit

Was just glad the price of thorium went down from when I last checked, Mithril was way overpriced though

Angry Grimace

Son of Godzilla said:
That's bullshit. Who do you think is going to cut those epic gems?
I think what the guy who told me that was trying to say is that the value of Jeweler's Gems would be decreased vs. the benefit of 2 extra sockets from blacksmithing. =O He was dead serious when he told me that, so I assume he was one of those "guys who takes everything too seriously"

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
Run FasterPing - WoW Booster.

Snookie

Tamanon said:
He has Howling Blast. Death and Decay may as well get removed from his bar after the first pull. Doing 3k normal and 6k crit every 10 seconds or so to every mob removes the need for it.

Yep exactly. Supposedly HBs new abilities will make DnD an after thought or maybe I'm losing threat while waiting for HB to cooldown.

Evlar

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Ain't that the truth. I'm stuck at 216 and the price of gems is outrageous, something like 25g per skill point.

J-Rzez

Orbitcube said:
Yeah. I think it might also increase the view distance, but it's probably just the new high-res textures on Northrend gear. I'll be sure to give it a try when the servers go live again.

I'll have to give that a whirl, my machine should handle that with no issues. I believe I saw pics of the "ultra-res" armor, but, I haven't read anything on draw distance, which would be nice.

Angry Grimace said:
I think what the guy who told me that was trying to say is that the value of Jeweler's Gems would be decreased vs. the benefit of 2 extra sockets from blacksmithing. =O He was dead serious when he told me that, so I assume he was one of those "guys who takes everything too seriously"

That's why you go JC + BS on your main and have your mining on an alt. :p

Guess Titansteel is going to be going for a new premium again with the new recipes, which finally includes a titansteel caster dagger. Too little, too late for my lock on that one.

Carl2282

BigJonsson said:
I haven't checked EJ in a while, is there new and imrpoved muti build for this patch?
I think there was some change to master poisoner, but i'm having a hard time deciding what i'm going to do with my rogue

Tamanon

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
That's bullshit. Who do you think is going to cut those epic gems?

He's talking about min-maxing. Blacksmithing will provide more benefit with epic gems than Jewelcrafting with Dragon's Eyes. Of course this is all assuming there's not a new JC trinket, which there probably will be.

Angry Grimace

Snookie said:
Yep exactly. Supposedly HBs new abilities will make DnD an after thought or maybe I'm losing threat while waiting for HB to cooldown.
I can't imagine how DnD will eclipse HB for tanking even remotely. HB a) does more damage than DnD, and does it instantly, b) glyphed will apply the DoT from Frost Fever to multiple mobs, and c) no longer requires FF to gain its full damage potential. However, there's no reason you can't use both.

Seems like you could pretty much hold perma-aggro on AoE mobs by starting with Death & Decay, Howling Blast, Blood Boil, Frost Strikes on main target. Especially if you pop Deathchill beforehand.

Carl2282 said:
I think there was some change to master poisoner, but i'm having a hard time deciding what i'm going to do with my rogue

I wasn't able to get a KT fist or SR so I'm going to stay mutilate for now

I do have a Silent Crusader in the bank but I don't have a good OH sword so its not really an option

Sciz

sprsk said:
I have to say, I'm disappointed almost all the other classes get all these changes, and Mages get some damn mana tweaks and thats it :/

Glyph of Arcane Barrage is nice though.
And those mana tweaks aren't any sort of buff, they just balance the spirit regen nerf back out. Pretty much jack all for us one way or the other this time. That said, as long as I stay away from the official forums it doesn't feel like I really need any significant changes in the first place.

Evlar said:
Ain't that the truth. I'm stuck at 216 and the price of gems is outrageous, something like 25g per skill point.
Just wait until you hit the high 200s and your only reliable skillups consume large quantities of thorium and diamonds. Then you hit 300 and every five ores you mine is a point.

Sciz said:
And those mana tweaks aren't any sort of buff, they just balance the spirit regen nerf back out. Pretty much jack all for us one way or the other this time. That said, as long as I stay away from the official forums it doesn't feel like I really need any significant changes in the first place.

Just wait until you hit the high 200s and your only reliable skillups consume large quantities of thorium and diamonds. Then you hit 300 and every five ores you mine is a point.

And you can FLY again!

Carl2282

BigJonsson said:
I wasn't able to get a KT fist or SR so I'm going to stay mutilate for now

I do have a Silent Crusader in the bank but I don't have a good OH sword so its not really an option
yeah as i said above, I have murder/murder on my rogue It doesn't look as though mace spec kept the extra haste as well as armor pen... So looks like ill stay assassination as well. gonna try a funky combat daggers fok build for trash

Does BS get any extra perks besides the 2 extra gem slots? 'Cause if I did the math correctly you'd end up with 1 point less of a stat if you were stacking something like agility if you just had 2 extra slots vs Dragon's Eyes. From what I've seen of the epic gems, you can only equip one and they have 7 points of a stat less than Dragon's Eyes.

yacobod

Banned
250-300 JC isnt bad if you can farm the thorium yourself, that or buy thorium ore and bust it for gems, buying thorium should be cheaper than buying the gems, i guess it depends largely on the server as well

yacobod

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
Does BS get any extra perks besides the 2 extra gem slots? 'Cause if I did the math correctly you'd end up with 1 point less of a stat if you were stacking something like agility if you just had 2 extra slots vs Dragon's Eyes. From what I've seen of the epic gems, you can only equip one and they have 7 points of a stat less than Dragon's Eyes.

that's why you go BS + JC for the best of both worlds, farming profs are boring time wasters

Tamanon

Banned
The problem is that Thorium still yields Star Rubies and Blue Sapphires(need 4 of them for a point). Thank god that at least they stopped having Thorium yield BC green gems, that was awful to prospect. Generally the Ore goes for 40-50g a stack on my server.

Or you buy all the Thorium to make the Thorium settings and then you have to farm some Thorium on your own :(

Booo

At least 4:00 before this thing is up

Angry Grimace

Oni Link 666 said:
2 free sockets vs. 3 jeweler's gems is slightly in favor of JC, but it's less so because those 2 sockets are worth more because the epic gems are closer in stat budget to the Dragon's Eyes, and we're assuming that they don't have a gem higher than Dragon's Eyes.

Stormjewels are random fishing gems and not the same as true Epic Gems, which are in game but NYI; i.e. uncut Cardinal Rubies.

Angry Grimace

BigJonsson said:
Or you buy all the Thorium to make the Thorium settings and then you have to farm some Thorium on your own :(

Booo

When I did it there literally wasn't enough thorium on the AH to buy at a price I was willing to pay (and I was willing to pay reasonably high at the time)

BigJonsson said:

Booo

You were borderline delusional to expect Blizzard to actually get anything up by (snicker) whenever they said they would. :lol

Seriously, though I'd like to see the 3.2 patch include 2 half-Ulduar's length raids rather than one ginormous 15 boss extravaganza. I really can't the only one that wants to see some variety here and something that doesn't take multiple days of raiding to get to the end of (we don't raid more than 2-3 hours a day)?

Magnus

Alright, I'm a retard, help.

I've downloaded the patch from Filefront. What do I actually do with said .MPQ files? Nothing seems to be executable. Do I just dump them in specific folders and start the launcher?

nvm - figured it out quick :p

Angry Grimace

BigJonsson said:
God damn withdrawal

I need to finish JC!!!!
You'll get apathetic the moment you get high enough to cut Dragon's eyes and buy three.

Nikashi

Banned
So wait, Hunger of Blood for rogues requires there to be a bleed on the target to activate, or to have any extra effect on that target? It's not really clear.

Nikashi said:
So wait, Hunger of Blood for rogues requires there to be a bleed on the target to activate, or to have any extra effect on that target? It's not really clear.

It requires a bleed effect to use it like a finishing move requires combo points. It just won't go off if there is no bleed.

What's this advanced quest tracker thing under UI changes? Is it going to be like a built-in QuestHelper or something?

Also, what's the best add-on for inventory management? I've been using ArkInventory, but I wonder if there's anything better/preferable.

Oh, really? I gotta admit, I'm brand new to endgame (after playing off and on since launch, I just raided for the first time last night, 25 man sarth) and I'm still learning stuff like this. I thought garrote was a viable opener, I even had it glyphed (although admittedly that was going out the window with the new HfB glyph). What's a better opener? Mutilate, ambush?

Angry Grimace said:
You'll get apathetic the moment you get high enough to cut Dragon's eyes and buy three.
People complain that JC's have too easy access because of those dailies, but really I see it as being able to pay 100g to not do a fucking daily.

Angry Grimace

BigJonsson said:
Run in and mutilate

Don't waste time stealthing in and getting position, just run in for the kill or whatever
Even thinking about Rogue DPS hurts my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom