• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
BigJonsson said:
Too many buttons to push too many things to track.

Same reason I don't much care for Unholy Death Knight.

Angry Grimace said:
Too many buttons to push too many things to track.

Same reason I don't much care for Unholy Death Knight.

Its not hard at all

I hit "4"
Then hit "6" twice
Then hit "="
Then hit "6" until I get combo points
Then I hit "9"
Then I hit "-" for envenom

And once you get used to it you have a pretty good idea when you need to refresh stuff, but its all in a cycle that should refresh things in order every time

Evlar

Banned
My first WoW character was a rogue. Took me forever to get anything done because somehow I got it stuck in my brain that I needed to stealth + backstab on every mob.

Evlar said:
My first WoW character was a rogue. Took me forever to get anything done because somehow I got it stuck in my brain that I needed to stealth + backstab on every mob.

Yea, I resisted switching to swords for so long.........actually decided to change in the middle of a Kara run.......after I found out about S2 swords being purchased through honour

Man did I suck back then haha, but once I learned my shit I got into a guild that was running BT :)

Chris R

I leveled my first rogue as daggers and it was so horrible. I learned my lesson, don't even have backstab or anything related to stealth on my bar now, leveling swords :lol

Evlar

Banned
I imagine Blizzard patch days are plagued with steadily escalating disasters. Like, everything goes perfectly until someone misplaces a stack of paperclips, then three hours later the data center is on fire.

Scum

I haven't been on WoW for more than a week now. A Warlock with Mining and Jewelcrafting.
What have I missed?? :lol

I'm just going to copy the "rotation" from a SV hunter spreadsheet...

Explosive Shot
Black Arrow
Serpent Sting
Aimed Shot
Explosive Shot
Steady Shot
Steady Shot
Steady Shot
Explosive Shot
Aimed Shot
Steady Shot
Steady Shot
Explosive Shot
Steady Shot
Steady Shot
Serpent Sting
Explosive Shot
Black Arrow
Aimed Shot
Steady Shot
Explosive Shot

Toss in Kill Shot when target is 20% health, more Explosive Shots when LnL procs, Serpent Sting when both trinkets proc, and AotV to juggle mana...

It's fucking cooldown whack-a-mole, like an affliction warlock in reverse.

So seriously, I've scanned my computer a million times, changed all my passwords, copy and paste my passwords, saved my account name into WoW so they never see me type it even if I do get a keylogger, and Blizzard Authenticator's are sold out. Any other tips for protecting my account going forward?

Chris R

ToyMachine228 said:
So seriously, I've scanned my computer a million times, changed all my passwords, copy and paste my passwords, saved my account name into WoW so they never see me type it even if I do get a keylogger, and Blizzard Authenticator's are sold out. Any other tips for protecting my account going forward?
Buy an Authenticator as soon as they show up in the store, or download the app if you have an iPod Touch/iPhone.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Thank you for your patience. We are actively testing and verifying the realms to ensure the best possible play experience when they are back online. We currently do not have a definite estimate on when they will be playable, but we will provide another update at approximately 3:00PM PDT.
Rostafon
Senior Game Master
Blizzard Entertainment

BAH

Any bets we won't get to get on prior to 8pm PDT?

explodet

God, we're all such junkies. :lol

I main tanked my first Naxx25 as a prot paladin a few weeks ago, and man it was harrowing, especially because of the aggro wipe on Kel'Thuzad. We even managed to kill him despite me being frostbolted to death at the start of phase 2 because all the other healers were busy checking eBay auctions or something. During that run I got two pieces of gear that's getting a buff this patch, so it'll mean +62 stam for me.

Can't wait for the Ulduar wipefest myself, not to mention the new Vault boss, Emalon. You need DPS that's on the ball for that fight, and there's a LOT of DPS tards out there. It's even worse than Sarth because you need to be able to switch targets very quickly.

I'm gonna have to get gold fast when the servers come up, I'm down to 500 gold :lol

The update was that the next update will be at 4 PDT =/

World of Waitcraft

explodet

Crowded areas tonight will include:

Class Trainers - Dual Specs! (I'm going to Silvermoon or Thunder Bluff, screw Lagrimmar)
Auction Houses - Bank alts gouging players for materials.
Wintergrasp - For first shot at the new Vault boss.
The Argent Tournament - The grounds themselves are a sanctuary, thankfully.
Feralas - Hordies farming for the sprite darter pet.
Zul'Drak - New Spirit Beast rare spawn to tame.

vumpler

explodet said:
You don't need to be near a class trainer to respec if you haven't set your talent points though. Or did they change that?
I know they added a new feature where you can open your options and set it to where you don't commit the point to talent immediately anymore. So basically it works like that mod, you put all your talent points in, if you're satisfied you hit apply.

Do they still make you rebuy your skills at a discount rate? If so, then yes you need to visit one.

PatzCU

BigJonsson said:
EVERYONE has to go to a class trainer, they are wiping talent points, remember

Ugh, I don't even have my new spec's picked out yet.

This round I will be using 1 spec for PvP heals and the other for PvE retribution. I've never played PvE Ret with my Paladin so I'm VERY excited to have Dual Spec. I'm guessing the Legendary healing mace is going to take an obscene amount of time, effort, and guild politics to obtain so I'm not even going to bother with PvE Holy this patch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
vumpler said:
I know they added a new feature where you can open your options and set it to where you don't commit the point to talent immediately anymore. So basically it works like that mod, you put all your talent points in, if you're satisfied you hit apply.

Do they still make you rebuy your skills at a discount rate? If so, then yes you need to visit one.
You don't need to rebuy your skills. I don't think you've had to do that since I've been playing.

If you bought the ranks of all skills from all trees, you still have them as far as I know.

I can't afford 2 specs right now, but I'm a rogue so it doesn't really matter

I have the new muti build bookmarked, and eventually I will go 2 spec combat or sub (for farming/ganking purposes)

My guild is having a debate on the legendary mace, first it was a poll on the website as to who would get it but people started bitching......the GM is in the lead and one of the former officers is 2nd

The GM never misses a raid and does a ton of stuff for the raiders in the guild so I was for giving it to her, but like anything in WoW, people get bitchy

vumpler

Angry Grimace said:
You don't need to rebuy your skills. I don't think you've had to do that since I've been playing.

If you bought the ranks of all skills from all trees, you still have them as far as I know.
You must have started with WoTLK

zam

BigJonsson said:
Run in and mutilate

Don't waste time stealthing in and getting position, just run in for the kill or whatever
Overkill gives a nice dps boost for the first 6 seconds due to reduced energy. Im usually near the tank or the boss stealthed anyways when the fight starts, but I start with mutilate from stealth instead of garrote.

Angry Grimace

vumpler said:
You must have started with WoTLK
They were on 2.4.3 when I started, so I probably wouldn't have noticed.

That was back when their design philosophy was "fuck the players."

Angry Grimace

theinfinityissue said:
Hm, can't get past the character select screen, doesn't seem like anyone else can.

Oh wait, you can on Zuluhed.
:lol the queue's over 9000
fixed

5418 queue on Zuluhed. Five thousand, four hundred and eighteen people all figuring out that Zuluhed was kind of but not really up. Add in the fact that many other servers are full, high, and medium pops right now. Thousands and thousands of people desperately trying to cram themselves into this experience as soon as humanly possible.

This game is like a damned religion, seriously. Scary stuff.

Well, gotta go....

I have a full loading bar on Anetheron

Come on already

Let me play my lvl 25 alt =/

Didn't work

Now I have a full load bar on my main on Eredar

C'mon!

When I get on I just want to run into Ulduar and get pwned

We thank you for your patience. We are currently in the final stages of maintenance and we expect all realms to be playable by approximately 5:00PM PDT.

emot-argh.gif

Angry Grimace

Flesh Into Gear said:
Blizzard is exceed even my expectations.

I usually expect them to not be ready in time for anything, but this is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom