• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
explodet said:
God, we're all such junkies. :lol

I main tanked my first Naxx25 as a prot paladin a few weeks ago, and man it was harrowing, especially because of the aggro wipe on Kel'Thuzad. We even managed to kill him despite me being frostbolted to death at the start of phase 2 because all the other healers were busy checking eBay auctions or something. During that run I got two pieces of gear that's getting a buff this patch, so it'll mean +62 stam for me.

Can't wait for the Ulduar wipefest myself, not to mention the new Vault boss, Emalon. You need DPS that's on the ball for that fight, and there's a LOT of DPS tards out there. It's even worse than Sarth because you need to be able to switch targets very quickly.

Grats man. btw could you post your WoW armory?
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Goinio

I MT the 10 man with my guild, and OT the 25 man with another (my guild isn't ready for 25 man stuff). They didn't need me all last week, so I was stuck on 58 valor badges after completing heroic VoA/OS; two more for my shoulders heh.

aechris

Posting to share the frustration of WoW players everywhere. :(

I love the hourly updates that say "check back in an hour" knowing full well they'll be another three or four hours, but laughing at all of us sitting at our computers waiting :lol

Flesh Into Gear said:
emot-argh.gif

Now it says they don't know yet balh blah blah next update at 5pdt

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Enh Shaman Talk:

So after a bit of looking into it, it appears this is our cookie cutter PVE build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVhhVZhbxIoxdIhusRuVo:wfNMVc

People keep bitching back and forth as to take 2/2 in Improved Stormstrike or put one of the points in Elemental Focus.

I can't really see going wrong in either but wouldn't taking the one with the most mana be the best idea? In my case its Imp SS, so I'll take it.

Hope to get in an Ulduar run tonight :) Wifey is out til 10pm and and I don't have school tomorrow :D

Edit: and oh by the way, thank you blizz for giving us talents to expertise :D Droping the cap to 140 is fucking awesome. I'm already capped so full regeming for the dps buffs. Hope it works out.

oh man, i keep running out to do shit thinking the patch will be ready when i get back home and I return to find the matinence increases

has there ever been a patch that has fucked up this badly? I've been off and on for over 3 years and I can't recall anything like this.

Flesh Into Gear said:
has there ever been a patch that has fucked up this badly? I've been off and on for over 3 years and I can't recall anything like this.

I'm sure there has been. I remember 1.11 was bumpy as hell at first, if I recall correctly. Then again, that was a while ago and I could be wrong.

But no, this isn't anything new for WoW hah.

vumpler

Flesh Into Gear said:
oh man, i keep running out to do shit thinking the patch will be ready when i get back home and I return to find the matinence increases

You missed maintenance for the expansions then. Didn't sunwell suck ass too?

vumpler said:

I think I had more to do during the day/didn't really care about WoW for other patches and was just doing other stuff all day

The expansion release went smooth though, I remember playing it shortly after midnight when I got home from the store

vumpler said:

I remember realms going up and down occasionally during wotlk and tbc launches. all i remember from the sunwell patch was logging on and seeing they added resil to the ret pvp gear after 3 seasons without it
emosternwx8.png

i expected an hour or two extension but i didnt expect a 6+ hour cockblock

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Flesh Into Gear said:

All of them are like this.

The only reason Wrath's launch wasn't like that was because all the shit to patch in was done a few weeks in advance.

explodet

vumpler said:
Enh Shaman Talk:

So after a bit of looking into it, it appears this is our cookie cutter PVE build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVhhVZhbxIoxdIhusRuVo:wfNMVc

People keep bitching back and forth as to take 2/2 in Improved Stormstrike or put one of the points in Elemental Focus.

I can't really see going wrong in either but wouldn't taking the one with the most mana be the best idea? In my case its Imp SS, so I'll take it.
Melee shamans still have Unleashed Rage, and I was able to keep my mana to manageable levels even when using Chain Lightning which uses a ton more mana - I never needed Elemental Focus.

I might play around with Frozen Power and Earthen Power in my build, simply because I like more toys to play with.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Angry Grimace said:
All of them are like this.

The only reason Wrath's launch wasn't like that was because all the shit to patch in was done a few weeks in advance.

Indeed, patch 3.0 was almost a month earlier, you just got your disc and installed some graphical files and went right in.

vumpler

explodet said:
Melee shamans still have Unleashed Rage, and I was able to keep my mana to manageable levels even when using Chain Lightning which uses a ton more mana - I never needed Elemental Focus.

I might play around with Frozen Power and Earthen Power in my build, simply because I like more toys to play with.
o_O That's a pvp talent...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LAUGHTREY said:
Indeed, patch 3.0 was almost a month earlier, you just got your disc and installed some graphical files and went right in.

Also, this dungeon is by far the biggest thing they've added via patch in game by quite a bit.

Quake1028

I installed the update, now to play the waiting game. If the 8PM EST update is another delay I'm just going to catch up on TV for the night. Northrend is probably going to be even deader now, I'm level 72, and by the time I'm ready to raid people will be fully into Ulduar and not looking back.

ampere

explodet said:

I'm also thinking about using frozen power. I feel like it'll have some solid pvp utility even though I don't use frostbrand (does anyone?).

firex

I don't think you'd even need shamanistic focus because 2/2 imp. stormstrike is a ridiculous amount of mana/5. I kind of hate not being able to get full ancestral knowledge just because of the AP and mana you lose out on from it, but it sounds like mana won't be as much of an issue now as it was before anyway. and I look forward to static shock being more viable now, too.

Angry Grimace

Gloomfire said:
I installed the update, now to play the waiting game. If the 8PM EST update is another delay I'm just going to catch up on TV for the night. Northrend is probably going to be even deader now, I'm level 72, and by the time I'm ready to raid people will be fully into Ulduar and not looking back.
The method of raid progression is so simple now though. I used to wonder how people were covered in purple, but it pretty much rains epics everywhere you go now. By the time you're ready to raid, people will be hoping to gear their priest alts and DK alts. :lol

vumpler

ciaossu said:
I'm also thinking about using frozen power. I feel like it'll have some solid pvp utility even though I don't use frostbrand (does anyone?).
Lol you would need to use FB.

"New Talent: Frozen Power: Increases the damage done by your Frostbrand Weapon if it is enchanted on your main-hand weapon by 10/20%, and your Frost Shock has a 50/100% chance to root the target in Ice for 5 sec. when used on targets at or further than 15 yards from you."
-> A joke talent! Without the main-hand contraint, it would be ok, but with it, it's useless. Giving up our best burst ability (windfury), to be able to finally root someone? The 15 yards contraint make it also rather strange to use, because you have to estimate, whether you are in range or not. They should either make it outside melee range or remove the range contraint. Also they could just roll this new effect into our Elemental Weapons talent. Edit: If the frost shock root doesn't need frostbrand on your main-hand (wasn't able to test it yet), then it would be a least a bit useful. But still a strange talent.

Quake1028

That may be true, I'm just worried that by the time I'm even ready for Naxx or something like that, there won't be anywhere near enough people to get reliable runs going. I have a hard enough time finding a group for a regular 5 man instance on my server.

ZombieSupaStar said:
no one halp me T_T

armory is pretty fucked atm. I'm no expert on locks but I believe Destro is the new hotness(?). I think Aff is still viable but it would probably be best to wait and see what the best raid spec is after the dust settles

also

Thank you for your patience. We ran into some issues in the testing process which have resulted in delays. We currently do not have a definite estimate on when they will be playable, but we will provide another update at approximately 6:00PM PDT. We are doing the best we can to have the realms available in the next two to three hour

nerdrage.gif

Angry Grimace

Gloomfire said:
That may be true, I'm just worried that by the time I'm even ready for Naxx or something like that, there won't be anywhere near enough people to get reliable runs going. I have a hard enough time finding a group for a regular 5 man instance on my server.
There's always some people that want to 10 man things, just because it rains so much epic gear.

I love the delays, since I'm at work and this means I miss nothing. :lol

Epix

Thank you for your patience. We are actively testing and verifying the realms to ensure the best possible play experience when they are back online. We currently do not have a definite estimate on when they will be playable, but we will provide another update at approximately +1 PDT.
Meh.

TomServo

keyboardmageslz1c.jpg

Regarding warlocks...

Flesh Into Gear said:
armory is pretty fucked atm. I'm no expert on locks but I believe Destro is the new hotness(?). I think Aff is still viable but it would probably be best to wait and see what the best raid spec is after the dust settles

For PvE demo /destro hybrid is top dps (0/40/31 or 0/41/30). Uses some interesting weaving of incinerate and soul fire to keep decimate up almost constantly.

The old deep affliction (53/0/18) build is right behind those two, with deep destro and deep demo behind those.

If soul fire gets nerfed expect those hybrid specs to die. 0/28/43 was top dps for a while on the PTR until some of the stacking effects on immo rolling up into conflag got nerfed a bit.

J-Rzez

Blizzard never ceases to amaze me. Server's still down. Especially considering how much time they had to work on this. Looks like my guild won't be able to hit Ulduar tonight at this pace by time things go live, go to the trainers, do the dual spec, and head out to there. Not to mention I have a good feeling the instance itself will be fucked with horrible lag, and hopefully crashes.

EDIT: Hopefully up in the next 2 to 3 hours. :lol

Angry Grimace

Epix said:
They probably realized that they never tested Yogg-Saron, and totally forgot that they never actually put him in the game.

Gleeky

"Thank you for your patience. We ran into some issues in the testing process which have resulted in delays. We currently do not have a definite estimate on when they will be playable, but we will provide another update at approximately 6:00PM PDT. We are doing the best we can to have the realms available in the next two to three hours."

I'm going coo coo.

Arozay

Gleeky said:
"Thank you for your patience. We ran into some issues in the testing process which have resulted in delays. We currently do not have a definite estimate on when they will be playable, but we will provide another update at approximately 6:00PM PDT. We are doing the best we can to have the realms available in the next two to three hours.".

Check back in an hour so we can tell you to check back in an hour. Shit game.

firex

vumpler said:
Lol you would need to use FB.

"New Talent: Frozen Power: Increases the damage done by your Frostbrand Weapon if it is enchanted on your main-hand weapon by 10/20%, and your Frost Shock has a 50/100% chance to root the target in Ice for 5 sec. when used on targets at or further than 15 yards from you."
-> A joke talent! Without the main-hand contraint, it would be ok, but with it, it's useless. Giving up our best burst ability (windfury), to be able to finally root someone? The 15 yards contraint make it also rather strange to use, because you have to estimate, whether you are in range or not. They should either make it outside melee range or remove the range contraint. Also they could just roll this new effect into our Elemental Weapons talent. Edit: If the frost shock root doesn't need frostbrand on your main-hand (wasn't able to test it yet), then it would be a least a bit useful. But still a strange talent.
wrong on frozen power. It works regardless of what you enchant the main hand with. The frostbrand damage buff is just something added in as another way to try and make frostbrand into a viable choice over WF (which it never will be) and it's not a requirement to root someone.

explodet

The only possible reason I could think of for choosing frostbrand over windfury is attacking a target that's immune or highly resisitant to physical damage.

Quake1028

And now I can officially watch TV for the rest of the night in peace. I was going to skip tonight anyway, only was going to log on to send something to a friend, forgot today was patch day :lol .

explodet

I never schedule anything major on patch day. With all the craziness including queues, having to update mods, and general glitches that may or may not break the game, not a hell of a lot gets done.

Retro

WoW insider is now reporting;

Update 8:00 p.m. EDT: A new message states that Blizzard has ran into problems as they were getting the realms up, and that they have no definite time frame for when they'll be up again. They will provide another update at 6:00 p.m. PDT / 9:00 p.m. EDT. However, they do state they hope to have realms up around 10 or 11 p.m. EDT.

Looks like Ulduar, Day 1, is a washout. I expect servers to be live and stable by Friday. I would expect the glitches and bugs to be worked out by May.

ZombieSupaStar said:
no one halp me T_T

Dude, you're leveling. Just spec whatever allows you to kill and keep going with as little downtime as possible. Set it and forget it DOTs are what you're looking for in affliction.

keeblerdrow said:
Dude, you're leveling. Just spec whatever allows you to kill and keep going with as little downtime as possible. Set it and forget it DOTs are what you're looking for in affliction.

ronco sponsored affliction build!

i just never stopped drain tanking, ive been drain tanking for 4 years now, I think drain tanking went out of style tho...

Newest patches always seem the worst. There's been some pretty bad ones in the past. Didn't the last major patch keep the servers down as long as this?

Cipherr

explodet said:
I never schedule anything major on patch day. With all the craziness including queues, having to update mods, and general glitches that may or may not break the game, not a hell of a lot gets done.

:lol :lol This. Ive learned better than to expect anything on patch day. Our guild didnt plan anything, and cleared the calendar for the rest of the week as well. People are going to be falling all over themselves for the rest of the week clogging Ulduars raid servers to a grinding halt and spamming guild chat with "How do I fixed my mods?". Its going to be ridiculous for at least a week. We arent going for any server firsts so we are going to chill while the dust settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom