• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Flame Leviathan looks so fun, but I like the vehicles outside of the stationary PvP ramming crap.

My single favorite fight so far in LK wasn't from a raid at all, it was doing Eregos in Occulus with all Bronze drakes for the Ruby/Emerald Void achievements at the same time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm on;

I still have Howling Blast Rank 4 and rank 1, but not ranks 2-3 :lol

firex

woo bought dual spec and realized I forgot to buy minor glyphs. so I guess the total cost was about 1200g because apparently all the dps minor glyphs are fucking retarded expensive.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
woo bought dual spec and realized I forgot to buy minor glyphs. so I guess the total cost was about 1200g because apparently all the dps minor glyphs are fucking retarded expensive.
I don't even have 1000g and even if I did I don't have any desire to Dual Spec my Death Knight...at least not yet :p

Well.

I decided to run Kara with a pug group just to get used to my new moves. very random.

Half way through I randomly teleport to Dragonblight and fall about 50 feet. I release my spirit and I fall right back on top of my body. I look up and see the Spirit Healer way up above me. Then another group member falls and we start hanging around. First of all, there are no npc's anywhere so no mobs or friendlies. We couldn't fly anywhere and our hearthstones were put to the 30 minute cooldown for no reason. Every time we entered a city, the fatigue bar came up and said I discovered a different ocean each time I left and reentered. Then we tried swimming really far down on our mounts as there was no fatigue bar in the ocean. We die randomly.

The screen doesn't show us where our bodies are so we just start running out into the ocean. When we hit the "D" on Northrend it was pretty cool. Then as we're nearing the Maelstrom swirl on the map, we randomly start getting ghost fatigue and then die. Spirit healer drops us off randomly again. Oh, and two things I forgot. While running, we saw lots of dead bodies falling from the sky and we kept changing channels so I could talk to the people in Alterac, Hillsbrad, etc...

Now I'm dead in the middle of the ocean. Hopefully it's fixed when I get on tomorrow. What a fun night. :lol

SleazyC

Guild downed Flame Leviathan inbetween some pretty horrible lag. Fight was fun as hell (motorcycle rocks) and then had some fun with trash. Got some Molten Giant type mobs that do some nasty stomp/stun and some fire revanant type mobs that let out cyclones that can easily do 20k damage in like 3 seconds.

We pulled Ignis one time and I ended up pulling aggro and he hit me for 34k. The instance looks like it is going to be really fun.

firex

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LhrhbfIt0bbRdMuioGx0oxb:mqzM0z
Is that decent for an arms spec? I don't really know if heroic strike is used much past MS/slam levels for arms. I thought arms was basically slam/MS/SD-execute/overpower, so if improved heroic strike's not worth it, I'll just get 3/5 deflection instead.

also, I'm liking the new exorcism for paladins, but I totally forgot that my 2h weapon skills are all around 350 at the most since I haven't used a 2h since WotLK launched. time to grind 2h maces up to 400! At least I get an achievement out of it.

Kyoufu

firex said:

also, I'm liking the new exorcism for paladins, but I totally forgot that my 2h weapon skills are all around 350 at the most since I haven't used a 2h since WotLK launched. time to grind 2h maces up to 400! At least I get an achievement out of it.

...what have you been doing on your pally then?

what the hell, i am doing RFC (yeah i'm low level :-\ ) and it's fucking frozen on the load screen for RFC.

Edit: had to go through task manager and delete process tree for wow.exe 3 times before i could get back in.

Cipherr

Managed to do the Argent quests for the day and grab dual spec. Logged off in the midst of crying about Ulduars instability in chat :lol :lol

Got booted while trying the new VoA boss, who doesn't seem too tough...just group has to be badass (note: it wasn't).

So now I can't sign onto my main, but I can get on my alt. And someone in my guild is doing Ulduar right now so it doesn't seem like LK stuff is down

LowParry

Well we downed the Leviathan but once we got close to the next boss, instance crashed. We're still waiting on it. Fucking hell.

border

PAGING Tom Servo and any other knowledgeable Warlocks:

Given my current set of mostly blue gear, can you recommend a 1 or 2 good Talent Specs I should lock in to? This would be mostly for Heroics and solo'ing. DPS is important, but something fun would be nice too.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Daggerspine&n=Mooredots

I've been Affliction for pretty much my entire career as a warlock, but may be looking to make a change. If it makes a difference I have a set of +Hit gear that sacrifices 4-5% crit.

I'm also looking to pick up a Titansteel Spellblade, but I cannot find a good offhand item to go with it. I know there are a couple BoE Epic Offhands that pop up on the Auction House, but I haven't seen them pop up for a while. Something with +Hit and +Spellpower would be nice, if anybody knows anything I can get through Heroics or Reputation or whatever.

Kyoufu said:
European servers are down til...get this...

THREE FUCKING PM

thats a 12 hour maintenance......... :(
Oh yea? Crushridge was up for about an hour and a half and ahs been down since. It's been an entire day since maintenance started.

That encounter is fucked. Just on normal mode a few of our people have just been completely gibbed by a combination of Fireballs, Chain Lightnings, and various other things.

Chris R

border said:
PAGING Tom Servo and any other knowledgeable Warlocks:

Given my current set of mostly blue gear, can you recommend a 1 or 2 good Talent Specs I should lock in to? This would be mostly for Heroics and solo'ing. DPS is important, but something fun would be nice too.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Daggerspine&n=Mooredots

I've been Affliction for pretty much my entire career as a warlock, but may be looking to make a change. If it makes a difference I have a set of +Hit gear that sacrifices 4-5% crit.

I'm also looking to pick up a Titansteel Spellblade, but I cannot find a good offhand item to go with it. I know there are a couple BoE Epic Offhands that pop up on the Auction House, but I haven't seen them pop up for a while. Something with +Hit and +Spellpower would be nice, if anybody knows anything I can get through Heroics or Reputation or whatever.
Look up the 25 Heroic badge Off hand, super great (well for mages aleast).

Ok

I went from 350 - 420 JC in under 5 minutes :lol

Got 2 JC tokens, bought a dragons eye, will use tomorrows daily to get a DE recipe and wait to get ulduar gear before I socket it

Now its time to load up the AH with a shit ton of gems I made

Kyoufu

BigJonsson said:
Ok

I went from 350 - 420 JC in under 5 minutes :lol

Got 2 JC tokens, bought a dragons eye, will use tomorrows daily to get a DE recipe and wait to get ulduar gear before I socket it

Now its time to load up the AH with a shit ton of gems I made

Just remember to use the DEs on the crap sockets.

Tamanon

Banned
Expect to be disappointed selling gems until you buy a recipe or two.

For the ones you already know as a JC, you actually can sell the uncut gems for more than the cut ones:(

Nitsuj23

Hey guys I just renewed after about a four month break. Any suggestions on where to farm for some quick gold so I can afford to dual spec? I used to be able to sell Frostweave Cloth for 20g a stack, now it's down to 7g a stack. I have no clue what to do to make money now.

Tamanon

Banned
D....D....D....Dailies!

Although at 80, I've actually found good money topping off quests I hadn't finished yet. I just got the Zul'Drak achievement and only have Icecrown left.

Dina

Nitsuj23 said:
I was never big on dailies, but I guess I should start. Any other dailies besides Argent Tournament that you'd suggest?

Storm Peaks dailies at Sons of Hodir

Icecrown dailies at:
Ymirheim and the base of ymirheim
Horde or alliance airships
Death knight camp at the northwest of Icecrown
The dk camp near the scarlet crusade island on the westside of Icecrown.

etiolate

Banned
Getting hit by melee stuns is causing my Ele Shaman to get the Maelstrom Ready! buff to flash on screen. From what I can tell, I'm not getting the buff on my bar or log.

Magnus

For Heroic, we got Leviathan down and some solid tries on Razorscale. Ignis and Deconstructor are apparently both bugged, so waiting on those.

Got both Leviathan and Razor down in 10m, as well as 10m Emalon, which was fun. Yay for T8.

explodet

hahaha

I did some Emalon PUGs today too on and alt and got pasted, my guild is going for a serious run tomorrow.

DPS starts on the boss, then has to immediately switch to one of the four adds that Emalon overcharges. That mob will be healed to full at the initial overcharge (so damaging the adds beforehand is useless), then will stack damage buffs until it reaches ten of them, then will explode and wipe most of the raid. It has to be killed quickly before that happens. Once it's dead a replacement mob is summoned and needs to be offtanked.

Emalon himself will lightning nova melee (like Loken) and chain lightning ranged dps and healers so they have to spread out.

Basically, DPS has to be not retarded. After months of Sarth with zero drakes and Archavon pugs, good luck finding it!

J-Rzez

Magnus said:
For Heroic, we got Leviathan down and some solid tries on Razorscale. Ignis and Deconstructor are apparently both bugged, so waiting on those.

Got both Leviathan and Razor down in 10m, as well as 10m Emalon, which was fun. Yay for T8.

We knew the two others were bugged after trying one and decided to read up on it to find out we were right. We moved onto Razor and then had some issues there with the sentinels there (the whirlwind ones that battleshout). This is in 10man mode though we did it.
We couldn't find a decent strat for it at all that worked, we were wondering if it was bugged too. Maybe it was our raid comp tonight.

If your guild is very melee heavy 10-man Razor is nearly impossible due to the sentinels. We got it down after a few hours of attempts, but that fight definitely needs some tuning in the raid damage department. 25-man is in about 30 minutes, so we'll see how Razor fares there. The consensus is that it'll be easier with more people due to being a add-heavy fight.

Had fun with Flame Leviathan but then Razorscale smacked us around for about 2 1/2 hours. It seemed like no matter what health we got him too he would always enrage after being dragged down the third time. We would had him down to under 6 million on our best attempts but still went crazy with his 900% damage buff leading us thinking he might be bugged. Won Wintergrasp then went to Emalon and got a good laugh out of the one add blowing up annihilating the whole raid. Figured out the strat (can't believe you have to kill the empowered one so quickly) but people were way tired so called it for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom