• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobart

Just something I ran into... I frequent warcraftmovies.com (I need to get my WoW fix somewhere) and I found an amazing Warlock PvP video.

Drakedog Movie

Sure... he uses a MAD load of shards... but you'll get the picture. Shards need to stay ;)

firex

i'm liking my warrior too! he's level 31 and still doing well. only bad part is having to spend lots of cash to upgrade weapons and armor, but mining/skinning takes care of that.

firex said:
i'm liking my warrior too! he's level 31 and still doing well. only bad part is having to spend lots of cash to upgrade weapons and armor, but mining/skinning takes care of that.

Mining/Skinning is the best trade skill combo. You get tons of cash without even trying and can just pay other people to spend their time collecting/making things. If you can grind in an area with mountains/beasts (and the two usually come together), you can make a ton of gold per hour.

I cancelled my account late last week ... taking a few months break, with E3 and my brother's wedding coming up. Hopefully returning to the game in July or August will help reignite the fun ... (also hopefuly Battleground will fix the retardation of the current Honor system)

firex

my account expires at the end of july, and I'm probably going to wait until they add in some significant content before I renew it. I may even wait until the first expansion comes out.

firex

yeah, but pretty much only as expansions. i think they'll do that through hero classes though. like instead of going up to level 65 or 70, you get up to hero level whatever after getting to 60.

Wraith

pilonv1 said:
Blizzard commenting on faction imbalance and constant ganking in Hillsbrad.

07-minister.jpg

"There are no Alliance infidels in Tarren Mill!. Never!"

:lol

I remember that picture being used to represent Absor spouting whatever Sony company line he felt like at the time regarding Everquest. It's good to see it make its triumphant return with WoW.

MrAngryFace said:
Man im enjoying my warrior a LOT! Why didnt anyone tell me they were so cool?!

I was convinced to shelve my Orc Warrior when I first started him, but recently picked him up as my Priest nears completion. DAMN fun, being careful and keeping his gear current means I really don't have to sit for 5 to 10 minutes at a time; just pure cutting bloody swaths of death thru pigmen and werewolves, (not to mention NE Druids :)). He's not the Barbarian/Warrior/Crusader stance-dancer I thought he'd be upon release, but with Tactical Mastery and +Crit and +Parry, he's deadly enough.

Granted, I think alot of the success lately has alot to do with this, the best...ax name...EVER.

golem

warrior is pretty fun (in pve)... but really gear intensive.. i find if i dont buy gear for 2 or 3 levels i get worked like silly by mobs, and all the new skills i want to try leave me a poor man. good thing i have a 60 to bankroll this habit.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
MrAngryFace said:
My awesome warrior!

Physically impossible to be awesome and on the Alliance at the same time... sorry to have to be the one to break it to you! :(

Insertia

Just began playing about a two weeks ago. My first MMORPG and it really is amazing.
Seeing Iron Forge and Loch Moden for the first time took my breath away.

Anyway, where the f*ck do I find wool? I know it can be looted from humanoids, but where can I find humanoids that drop wool?

hobart

Looks like you'll be seeing ranks today:

Ranks Announcement

If you bother to read through it... check out page 2 where you will find Blue announce the following:

LOL. The 60s who spent a bulk of their time farming 48s because they thought that would get them meaningful results are in for a very disappointing surprise.

Wonderful.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Noooooooooooooo, only a scout :( Oh well, i've been trying to level my priest, not gain PvP ranks with him. :)

Nifty how it shows ranks in front of people's names. The only thing I'm disappointed in is there is no online scoreboard on the official site (a la DAOC) :(

hobart

Forums stated that they are working on an online scoreboard (list of players... etc).

Supposedly no Grand Marshall etc? Smart move considering you wouldn't want to have them so long before Battlegrounds, methinks. Having them work towards it is a better idea.

And that Tabbard is nice... dispelling fear. :)

ManaByte

Apple Jax said:
Forums stated that they are working on an online scoreboard (list of players... etc).

Supposedly no Grand Marshall etc? Smart move considering you wouldn't want to have them so long before Battlegrounds, methinks. Having them work towards it is a better idea.

And that Tabbard is nice... dispelling fear. :)

That isn't the Tabard. That's a trinket you can buy at Grunt.

hobart

ManaByte said:
That isn't the Tabard. That's a trinket you can buy at Grunt.

Yeah... just realized my mistake a second ago. My bad.

If you didn't PvP... did you do a lot of raiding? What lvl are you?

ManaByte

Apple Jax said:
Yeah... just realized my mistake a second ago. My bad.

If you didn't PvP... did you do a lot of raiding? What lvl are you?

Warlock is 50. Basically I only did three nights of large scale PVP. I leveled during the day and then at midnight ran to either Ashenvale or Hillsbrad for PVP. I also did some one-on-one PVP while levelling whenever I saw a flagged Alliance.

ManaByte

The Veeshan's Peak issue has it WoW. For those who never heard of it, one time a rogue guide in EQ did a /who and teleported all of the high level players online to Veeshan's Peak and bound them in front of the boss dragon in the zone and laughed as they were in a death loop.

Tonight:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=2829447&p=1&tmp=1#post2829447

We were not attacking Horde members on the ground from our position on the platform. The only kills we made were made against Horde players who were on the platform with us, or on the ramp leading up to it.

At approximately 7:30 CST this evening, a member of our raid group was teleported from the top of the tower to an area on the ground in the middle of Grom'gol, where a small force of Horde players had gathered. He was immediately and quickly killed.

That would have been fine, except that several members of our party attempted to ressurect outside the town, to leave the area, and were re-summmoned by this GM into the middle of the camp once more (where they were promptly killed). The GM ignored all further attempts at communication, saying nothing to either myself or my companions.

Once again:

After we had been removed from the tower by the GM, we attempted to resurrect and leave the area, but were repeatedly teleported once again into the center of the camp and killed by the Horde characters there.

I was one of the friend who was subject to this. I also accept the judgement (even if I believe personally that this is a grey area and should not be subject to the normal rooftop camping rules) and when I heard on Ventrilo that my friends were being ported, I jumped down outside of town and ran out.

During this run, I spotted a 55 Shaman who was chasing an Alliance member, so I joined the fight. Just as I dropped silence on the Shaman, I was ported BACK into Grom'Gol and killed by the guards.

Rinse and repeat until I managed to hearth back to IF with completely broken equipment.

There is a lot more in the board post.

Son of Godzilla said:
A lot more = brief mention of "victim" exploiting and being a dick.

Sounds like the GM was showing how it's really done. I'm trying to remember, if you fire from a position of no aggro into an enemy group surrounded by their guards, would it cause aggro? Trust me, I was on SH, and that bad boy was camped all the time at prime time, but we were never fired upon from the tower; I doubt they'd pass up the opportunity to do that back when it was kosher unless it would cause the guards to train up the ramp at them, thus making it not an exploit spot.

Aight...

I didn't get teh game installed until saturday morning..... was having problem installing it, from the disk....

but whatever, i fixed it, and was playing by 12 that saturday... anyways,

I'm at what, level 10 now, after half a day... and it's getting fun

pilonv1

I just hit 60 last night, but strangely I'm not feeling like I've completed it as I thought I would. Of course in a few weeks when I'm sick of doing the same instaces over and over I might change my opinion but I'm looking forward to MC and the like.

Some pics from tonight. Me and a level 21 hunter were hunting down level 24/25 mobs for quest crap. I needed help with the red, and I can tank like a crazy bastard so it worked out for everyone. Got a level and a bunch of money.

Took the money and completed my cool level 19 gear. Who knows how colorblind this poor warrior will get in the future tho :(

amella4ty.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
MrAngryFace said:
Took the money and completed my cool level 19 gear. Who knows how colorblind this poor warrior will get in the future tho :(

amella4ty.jpg
Pansy arsed Alliance! :lol

Nice titties though.

Zero said:
Um...is there a certain class that levels up the fastest?

I'm a warrior now...and I don't really like it. I think it's because warriors are just plain boring.

I'm thinking of trying a paladin or priest. Agree/disagree?

Leveling my priest was boring as hell until i got mind control.

i dont know, i just find caster classes boring to level.....

Priest is great fun in pvp but when im out there grinding.......*yawn

On the other hand...Rogue and Druid are FUN as hell to level...AND pvp.

with that said....I leveled a warrior character up to like 12 (havent touched it since tho since im focusing on my rogue and druid) and that actually seemed kinda fun just beacuse of charge.

Slow ass tauren charging everywhere was kinda fun for a little bit.

I think the problem is, you are playing a BORING Faction.

JOIN THE HORDE!!!

MrAngryFace said:
I did, the pallys are too cocky and usually get me killed. Ive instead opted to team with hunters/mages

Me (19 Warrior), to pally at Mo'grosh Ogre compound: "You are off-tank and healer here, please remember that"

hobart

MrAngryFace said:
I did, the pallys are too cocky and usually get me killed. Ive instead opted to team with hunters/mages

Well... I've been saying it since I've played: idiots play Paladins. I seriously laugh whenever I see them bitch about doing damage... fuck... they are a damn support class.

Ah well, sorry for their stupidity.

I played with a decent one today, didnt talk much tho. Knew I was supposed to tank tho, which was nice. He just healed when the 3 level 22's managed to make a dent in my level 19 self heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom