• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

dave is ok said:
Heres my solution to shards, take them away from enslaving, and vw, felhunter, succubus initial summon. Still require shards for utility such as healthstones, soulstones, spellstones, firestones, ritual of summoning. BUT, allow us to get shards outside of IF ferchristsakes. I'm sick of flying to the plaguelands to get a shard or two.

Not sure what to do about shadowburn and soulfire. The spells arent overpowered without shards, soulfire is a 6sec cast and shadowburn has a cooldown. Shadowburns cooldown might have be increased a bit without a shard requirement though.
nah, shadowburn would be fine without a shard and no other changes. Right now it's too situational anyway (if you don't want to waste shards) and due to the cooldown, it's half the dps of fireblast without any fire talents.

Zaptruder

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:

Those are damn nice... shame you can't have both the staff and the bow at the same time. Can you? No, I'd imagine they'd be quest rewards, so not repeatable :p

It's a shame because that melee weapon is a perfect accompaniment to the bow; after weakening them up with the bow, a good raptor strike will finish them off (it has a massive damage range which is good for the one hit raptor, then wingclip to get distance).

firex

The priest reward is even more awesome. It's a similar weapon that can be formed into another, but they're both staves, and one is for holy and healing, the other's for shadow.

edit: and both staves have uber stats for their respective focus.

paul777

Banned
When you use the "calls forth ..." dealy the staff becomes the one you're calling forth. One enhances the holy side of a priest, the other shadow. That's my guess anyway. Maybe they call an entirely seperate staff, I don't know.

awesome staff too. I would kill to have a staff with +69 fire dmg and those stats.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ahh, thanks, I'm slow. For some reason I thought the name under "Call Forth" was the same name as the staff, not the name of the opposite staff (and that it summoned a pet or something :lol ), and I thought these two were two seperate weapons.

Anyway... neato!

firex

any warriors out here that can give me some advice on a talent build?

arms: deflection, tactical mastery maxed out
fury: cruelty, improved demoralizing shout, unbridled wrath, piercing howl
protection: shield spec, toughness, defiance, improved taunt, improved shield bash, improved revenge, conc blow (all maxed), improved shield block rank 1.

it also leaves me with a talent point left and no real idea how to spend it. the whole focus of my build is dual wield in battle/berserker for lots of rage, piercing howl to slow runners in defensive stance and all the protection stuff that helps me survive longer/buffs already useful skills (like the silence on improved shield bash or the stun from concussive blow).

Dracor

firex, I would highly recommend getting Anger Management. Not because of the 30% decrease in rage (which is just ok), but because there is a bug in it which generates rage while in battle (1 every tick). It's nice to have rage coming in all the time like that.. especially if you are on a miss streak.

firex

I may go with that. then again the bug that causes it to do that will probably be fixed soon since it makes the warrior able to actually use a lot more of their specials. got to level 20 and got fire hardened mail (seems easier than brutal hauberk, but only barely) and my level 20 shield and so far I'm 5/5 deflection/tactical mastery and 2/5 shield spec (just want to get defiance first).

I do think I'll go for improved bloodrage/last stand and either improved charge or improved overpower though. I don't solo a lot on this guy so my battle stance skills are honestly not used much unless it's for a quest so easy I don't have to tank, with the exception of charge for the free rage. for that reason I go dual-wield and swap to a shield for shield bash if I need it.

Ikse

firex : Can you post your Warlock build? I'm coming up to lvl 45 on a pvp server, and seriously stuck on what direction to head. Would be interested to see your build or any other high lvl warlock on here's.

firex

I respeced a bunch until it's up to like 30g for my next build, but this is the pve build I use (keep in mind Kilrogg is a pve server, so I don't have to deal with any high level gankers):
affliction:
5 suppression, 5 improved corruption, 2 improved lifetap, 1 amplify curse
destruction:
5 improved shadowbolt, 5 bane, 5 devastation, 2 intensity, 1 shadowburn, 2 improved firebolt, 1 ruin
demonology:
5 demonic embrace, 3 improved imp, 5 fel intellect, 1 fel domination, 1 improved health funnel, 2 master summoner

If I were on a pvp server I would go up to soul link in demonology (just avoid master conjurer and improve different pets instead, even though most of demonology is garbage) and the rest into affliction up to nightfall. Soul link is like the cookie-cutter pvp build, but that's because it's about the only viable one since it gives you survivability to allow your DOTs (assuming they aren't cleansed) to kill someone and you don't have to rely as much upon fear (and can either use the felhunter for his nice anti-caster stuff or the VW and keep him out of combat so he's almost always at high hp).

Ikse

I can afford to go 31 pts in demon and 5/5 insta corruption, but I'm wondering if that will criple me until I hit the 50's. Not having Shadowburn/Nightfall/Imp Life Tap.

atm I have

Affliction:

Suppression 3/5
Imp Corruption 5/5
Imp Life Tap 2/2
Fel Concentration 5/5
Nightfall 2/2

Demonology:

Imp Imp 3/3

Destruction:

Imp Shadow Bolt 5/5
Bane 5/5
Imp Firebolt 2/2
Shadowburn 1/1
Devastation 3/5

Now I was full affliction down to Dark Pact , but didnt find DP as good as people made out, so I fancied a change and went with more Destruction, aiming to respec to demon at 45.
Now I'm at 45, I'm thinking going to Demon at this lvl may be a step down compared to me going all the way to Ruin.

I can string about 7-8 mobs in a go before having to rest if I spam paranoia, which is the same as what I was doing with my Affliction specced lock, but with more DPS.

firex

Been playing my warrior more... and man is this an awesome class to play. I think it's the most fun of the trinity classes. And I can see why you guys said to get Anger Management. I learned it recently and I'm able to tank way better, and in battle stance I get so much rage it's easy to stack sunder at least 3x before any mob dies, and get a big execute in right at 20% hp.

SyNapSe

Does anyone else think those high end PvP sets will vastly change the current balance of PvP? The +STA bonuses are just SO huge. I guess the sets will be very rare though.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Well, looks like I might finally get my Infernal and Doomguard. I'm sure I'll promptly shelve them, but they'll be good to have for show and tell in Ironforge.

I have all the resources for my epic mount, except the gold and arcanite, so I'll wait a bit on that.

Discombobulators Ray's are going to own in PvP, people on Shattered Hand are reluctant to buy them, but I fully plan on using Rocket Boots, Net-o-matic, and Discombobulator Ray quite often in PvP.

Edit: Goblin Rocket Helmet too, stuns them for more than enough time for a soulfire.

hobart

Do you only get to use those sets while you are Grand Marshall... or... is it once you reach Grand Marshall status... you have the option of gaining any of the items listed in the PvP rewards section?

Same goes for the status of lesser ranks and items as well.

Bregor

Apple Jax said:
Do you only get to use those sets while you are Grand Marshall... or... is it once you reach Grand Marshall status... you have the option of gaining any of the items listed in the PvP rewards section?

Same goes for the status of lesser ranks and items as well.

You are able to get them once you reach the appropriate rank. If you fall beneath that rank, you will no longer be able to use them.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Apple Jax said:
Haha... that sucks :)

You gonna have to play A LOT to keep that gear then. Ah well.
I think Blizzard will do an ok job with it, the people will whine nonetheless. But they've stated you should never decay more than half of a rank per week.

hobart

So... I'm a month away from being able to play this game again. I love my Paladin (lvl 30) but I will want to start up a second character as well... relive the experience as if I hadn't played it before (afterall... I only played it for 3 weeks... one of which I was sick and really didn't get a chance to play).

So... I'm rolling a new char... and I've got it between a Priest and a Mage. I'm leaning towards Mage... but... what should I spec as? Arcane? Fire? Ice? Should I shy away from casters? I'd like to hear some thoughts... I wanna be a major threat as a caster... so... what's best for me?

LukeSmith

Apple Jax said:
So... I'm a month away from being able to play this game again. I love my Paladin (lvl 30) but I will want to start up a second character as well... relive the experience as if I hadn't played it before (afterall... I only played it for 3 weeks... one of which I was sick and really didn't get a chance to play).

So... I'm rolling a new char... and I've got it between a Priest and a Mage. I'm leaning towards Mage... but... what should I spec as? Arcane? Fire? Ice? Should I shy away from casters? I'd like to hear some thoughts... I wanna be a major threat as a caster... so... what's best for me?

I have a 45 shaman on Eredar, but I too am going to reroll (once he hits level cap). I'd go with a priest if I were you, their utility is incredible. People's opinions on leveling them ranges from (terrible until 40, 60 or great the whole time and everything in between) and they are a little slow to level with and you might not be able to get people to help you kill Plainstriders in the barrens but the end game utility of a Holy/Disc priest is superb and if you are decent and don't mind healing people (I love it as my Sham) you'll always get a group. Priests seem rarer to me than mages right now (at least on Eredar). gl.

hobart

Part of me is tired of supporting (after 3 weeks!)... and yet... I see your point completely. I always prided myself on playing a Paladin properly (and I still plan on it)... so I was kind of looking for something different from a Pally as far as not playing support at all...

...however... there really is something to be said for a good Priest (or any support class) and I have always been intrigued to play a class that is found the least on certain servers.

What do I spec, then, for a Priest? What is most useful? ...or is it really uncharted territory (I've seen some sick vids of Priest players online... BTW)

LukeSmith

Apple Jax said:
Part of me is tired of supporting (after 3 weeks!)... and yet... I see your point completely. I always prided myself on playing a Paladin properly (and I still plan on it)... so I was kind of looking for something different from a Pally as far as not playing support at all...

...however... there really is something to be said for a good Priest (or any support class) and I have always been intrigued to play a class that is found the least on certain servers.

What do I spec, then, for a Priest? What is most useful? ...or is it really uncharted territory (I've seen some sick vids of Priest players online... BTW)

For your first 40 or so levels, spec Shadow because like I said, no one really wants to help a priest kill things. Shadow speccing will give you the best chance on your own. After Uldaman you'll probably want to respecc to Holy/Disciple priest and plan on being a healbot alot of the time. Holy/Disciple Priests are still good in PvP, but not nearly as good as their shadow counterparts. Then stay Holy/Disc through all of your high end raid content, get your devout set and respecc to Shadow Priest in about 5 months after you've killed Onyxia tons and all high level raid content is pretty much taken care of. On your shadow respecc, you'll absolutely destroy people PvP.

From everything I've read priests are so versatile between their trees Shadow/Disc/Holy that it makes some more viable for PvP and some more viable for PvE. It's a really well designed class, imo.

hobart

So... once I hit lvl 60... solely spec in Shadow? (same with --->40 Just Shadow?)

I'm concerned... especially now that Honor is active... about how difficult of a time I will have it. I figure Shadow speccing until 40 will keep gankers honest about fucking with me for the most part...

Seems like a fun class... I need to read up on it a bit.

firex

you have it easier with gankers than warlocks. Just learn to shield yourself quickly and keep psychic scream in reach and hardly anyone can gank you as a priest. they're the most survivable of the 3 cloth classes.

Scoot said:
I have a 45 shaman on Eredar, but I too am going to reroll (once he hits level cap). I'd go with a priest if I were you, their utility is incredible. People's opinions on leveling them ranges from (terrible until 40, 60 or great the whole time and everything in between) and they are a little slow to level with and you might not be able to get people to help you kill Plainstriders in the barrens but the end game utility of a Holy/Disc priest is superb and if you are decent and don't mind healing people (I love it as my Sham) you'll always get a group. Priests seem rarer to me than mages right now (at least on Eredar). gl.

whoa......i see way more priests than mages...probably just your server

priests are probably the best class in the game, which is why so many people whore them.

shadow priest > all

Not only that, get that wand in BFD (29 dps yet useable at level 18...feckin ridicules) at level 18 and priest is unstoppable for a hot minute.

apple jax....NEVER solely put points into just one tree. It depends on how you wanna play...if you are on pvp server...go for a pvp build....look at what will help you survive and kill the most....but most likely youll be going mostly shadow (if this is the case) but be sure to pick up a few other things in the other trees.....and also....dont sleep on Holy...holy is pretty good....but shadow is just far more beneficial cause they just pwn. 9 out of 10 priests are shadow believe it or not. so if you wanna be different, id suggest holy...tho...i personally, would go shadow :D

make sure to get unbreakable will + power word shield regardless of where u plan to throw talent points. those are Essential.

Undead shadow priests > all

with that said, i get bored playing my priest.....(as i do with all casters)....tho mind control is too funny.......mind controlling someone then throwing them off a cliff....lol good times

at the moment i am enjoying my druid and my rogue too much
especially my rogue....

Critical ambush, gouge, thistle tea, ss, backstab, thistle tea, kidney shot, ss, thistle tea, backstab, gouge, thistle tea, esciv = you am FUCKOWNED

Bregor

Everybody is apparently online at once trying to earn PVP ranks. The lag is incredible. Tarren Mill is totally overrun, and looks to stay that way.

It will be interesting to see what things are like once it settles down some.

hahah my friend i all pissed cause now he feels theres gonna be more ganking. Anywho how does a hunter beat a priest. They put up that sheild and do that thing that looks like force lighting and I pretty much fuxxored?!

!?!? Blizzard has to do something better then BT for thier patches. Oh well another patch day and I don't play...I'm used to it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom