• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Yeah, it was great. If you glanced at the official boards the complaining about it was absolutely hilarious. People were completely irate.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Alex said:
Max DPS is a really bad site unless you're just looking for very basic suggestions or loot list. Their actual ranking can be pretty hilarious. I'd just go to EJ and look around if you are looking for a specific ladder.

My favorite world event was the zombie one just before LK. All the AQ one did was crash the server over and over.

What? I'm talking about the whole thing, with everyone pitching in materials for the war effort and all of that, plus that huge-ass questline. The AQ event went on for months, I was on Deathwing at the time, still one of the most populated servers and we didn't have crashes beyond the typical server bullshit that plagued WoW pre-BC.

And the zombie event was fun, although I prefer the original outbreak since the consequences were more dire and it was unplanned. That kind of emergent event that even catches the developers off guard are what MMOs should be about.

Quake1028

AWESOME night tonight!

We cleared VoA10, first time I've done that.

We facerolled OS10, again, but I lost the roll on my tier gloves :(. But I did get the Dragon Bag.

We did Flame Leviathan on Uld10. I won this bad mofo: so awesome.

So much fun that fight. And he really is a loot pinata lol.

Oh and I finally got enough honor to pickup my new trinket.

Alex

The materials were just stupid. Shoveling in a ton of random bullshit, very interactive and engaging.

No, but what soured me on the whole ordeal was that retarded carapace grinding. Maybe you had some smiley happy server where everyone pitched in, but all it was for us on Kael'thas was a fucking grind fest because we were the only guild lifting a finger. It got to the point where we started bribing non-raiders with gold to farm that shit so we didnt have to schedule post-raid bug grinding.

The opening of the gates crashed the world server every 10 minutes. We had to go inside and skip all of it just to stay online.

I hate the AQ event, in fact I hate everything about AQ that isn't C'thun, which is still the most awesome boss ever. Yogg Saron was a piece of shit compared to C'thun.

If I ever go crazy and worship an evil god, it would totally be C'thun

firex

I never did get to fight C'Thun until achievements were put in the game. it was awesome then, even with it being retarded easy with a raid full of 70s, but I remember in vanilla WoW I completely fucking hated AQ40 and it broke my desire to see raid content for like 2-3 years.

Cipherr

Alex said:
Yeah, it was great. If you glanced at the official boards the complaining about it was absolutely hilarious. People were completely irate.

Yeah I didnt take it to the boards but I hated the zombie event. Not being able to even afk in a city without coming back to your pc dead was like.....only hilarious the first day or three.

The events prior to that had all been optional. That one however impeded on everyone. People were like "BUT DONT YOU WANT TO PLAY? CMON KILL ZOMBIES AND STUFF" And Im trying to Do laundry while skilling my JC on a Saturday morning. Seriously, it was annoying.

Tamanon

Banned
Epic Gems and profession upgrades coming!

hen the next major content patch launches we will be introducing epic quality gems and updating the perks for each profession. Please keep in mind that any of this information may see further changes before the patch launches.

The design recipes for cutting epic gems will be made available for purchase with Dalaran Jewelcrafter’s Tokens and there are several ways to obtain raw epic gems:

Prospecting Titanium Ore
Alchemy transmutations
Purchased with Honor
Purchased with Emblems of Heroism

Coinciding with the implementation of epic gems and the gain that Blacksmiths will receive through their perk from these new gems, we have gone through all of the perks in every profession and increased their values to match up accordingly.

Alchemy
The Mixology benefits from Northrend elixirs and flasks have been increased
Added a new pattern for Flask of the North, usable by players with a high alchemy skill. The recipe is purchased from the honor potion vendor. The Flask of the North increases your spell power, attack power, or Strength for 1 hour, and is usable in arenas. It is not consumed when used.
Endless Healing Potion and Endless Mana Potion no longer usable in arenas. Amount of health and mana has been increased, and the cooldown reduced. They are still usable everywhere else.

Blacksmithing
No changes will be made to this profession; it will continue to have the 2 additional prismatic sockets (which can hold the new epic gems)

Enchanting
Values on Northrend ring enchants increased

Engineering
Increased benefits from Hyperspeed Accelerators, Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket, and Reticulated Armor Webbing glove modifications

Herbalism
Increased healing from Lifeblood (Rank 6)
Lifeblood now scales slightly with maximum health
Lifeblood no longer affected by global cooldown

Jewelcrafting
Dragon's Eye gems stat bonuses increased

Leatherworking
Fur Lining values increased

Mining
Toughness (Rank 6) provides more Stamina

Skinning
Master of Anatomy (Rank 6) provides more critical strike rating

Tailoring
Embroideries improved

Every profession getting a boost but Blacksmithing. Very interesting way to get epic gems. Will definitely help out alchemists and the titanium market.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alex said:
The materials were just stupid. Shoveling in a ton of random bullshit, very interactive and engaging.

No, but what soured me on the whole ordeal was that retarded carapace grinding. Maybe you had some smiley happy server where everyone pitched in, but all it was for us on Kael'thas was a fucking grind fest because we were the only guild lifting a finger. It got to the point where we started bribing non-raiders with gold to farm that shit so we didnt have to schedule post-raid bug grinding.

The opening of the gates crashed the world server every 10 minutes. We had to go inside and skip all of it just to stay online.

I hate the AQ event, in fact I hate everything about AQ that isn't C'thun, which is still the most awesome boss ever. Yogg Saron was a piece of shit compared to C'thun.

If I ever go crazy and worship an evil god, it would totally be C'thun
With raiding being more accessible than ever coupled with tons and tons of casuals farming day in an out, that kind of event would be HUGE today.

Alex

Man my framerate has suddenly gone completely to pot. 5 FPS during Razorscale, what the fuck has caused this? Theres basically no side programs running, newest video card drivers, no viruses, ran the repair tool.

How annoying.

Xabora

Alex said:
Man my framerate has suddenly gone completely to pot. 5 FPS during Razorscale, what the fuck has caused this? Theres basically no side programs running, newest video card drivers, no viruses, ran the repair tool.

How annoying.
Its a known issue. (terrain renderer crapping out)
You can make a quick fix by typing '/console gxrestart'.

Arozay

cubicle47b said:
It was a good fragment night. Picked up 3 which puts me at 14/30.
The fragment system is such bullshit rng. Clearing virtually every hard mode and only getting a fragment off Yogg for the week while some idiots clearing the place normal are at like 20/30. Should move deafening roar to a -3/-4 keeper ability to balance out the universe.

Epix

Opinions:

I have the most dkp in my guild due to the fact that I have not missed a raid in 5 months. The 2h axe drops of Ignis last night and I've already spoken with all the other players who could use the axe (in the event that it drops) if they're interested in going after it. They all say no. I bid a good amount, but not a ton so it doesn't seem like I'm getting it for nothing, and lo and behold one of the DKs who told me he wasn't interested spent his entire dkp. Now I don't have a problem with people blowing their dkp and outbidding me when I make an error in assuming they don't want to spend everything they have but when someone, in my own guild, tells me that they aren't bidding then blows their entire load pisses me off. If you want to keep your bidding strategy private then just say "I haven't decided" or "I don't know yet." I would have had no issue with just bidding more dkp then he had available. These kind of tactics feel like thievery to me and something I'd expect in a PUG and not within a guild.

usea

Epix said:
Opinions:

I have the most dkp in my guild due to the fact that I have not missed a raid in 5 months. The 2h axe drops of Ignis last night and I've already spoken with all the other players who could use the axe (in the event that it drops) if they're interested in going after it. They all say no. I bid a good amount, but not a ton so it doesn't seem like I'm getting it for nothing, and lo and behold one of the DKs who told me he wasn't interested spent his entire dkp. Now I don't have a problem with people blowing their dkp and outbidding me when I make an error in assuming they don't want to spend everything they have but when someone, in my own guild, tells me that they aren't bidding then blows their entire load pisses me off. If you want to keep your bidding strategy private then just say "I haven't decided" or "I don't know yet." I would have had no issue with just bidding more dkp then he had available. These kind of tactics feel like thievery to me and something I'd expect in a PUG and not within a guild.
You're the one who tried some bullshit tactic. It blew up in your face, and it's not his fault. Also your system is whack if you pay what you bid. In a non-zero-sum bid system, the winner should pay the 2nd highest bid +1. If I bid 500 and you bid 200. I should win and have to pay 201. Your current system is giving you incentive to try and play some retarded meta-game, using social skills to try and gain an upper hand on who is bidding how much and how much you should bid. Stupid.

I'd lie to you about my bidding plans as well, for asking such a dick question to try and get the upper hand on dkp. Putting a fellow guild member in the position to either tell the truth to fuck themselves over or lie to protect themselves is a dick move. You deserve what you got.

CassSept

Xabora said:
Loklor
DPS - 5876

Ugh, wat? How? How is it possible? Rogues should do over 6k dps on normal fights, let alone the damage scaling ones. I understand his gear may be worse, but damn, DAMN. Just for reference, on our last Hodir I did 12 099 dps >.>''
Yeah, gear differences, but that's over twice as much dps as he did. And I didn't even top dmg meter (well casters did, but that's usual for this fight).
Seeing things like these makes me die a little bit inside. Seriously, and I still wonder why many people think that rogues are useless >.<

Macattk15

CassSept said:
Loklor
DPS - 5876

Ugh, wat? How? How is it possible? Rogues should do over 6k dps on normal fights, let alone the damage scaling ones. I understand his gear may be worse, but damn, DAMN. Just for reference, on our last Hodir I did 12 099 dps >.>''
Yeah, gear differences, but that's over twice as much dps as he did. And I didn't even top dmg meter (well casters did, but that's usual for this fight).
Seeing things like these makes me die a little bit inside. Seriously, and I still wonder why many people think that rogues are useless >.<

Ah but you probably paid attention to who had the storm cloud and ran to them or stood next to them .... and stood in as many beams as you possibly could.

Oh and our casters absolutely DESTROY the melee on Hodir .... we also have good melee ... we DESTROY them on XT .... we drop the heart without using Bloodlust. Think our last kill of Hodir we had 2 mages around 16k DPS and other casters floating from 10-13k.

We were off the hard mode time by 31 seconds and we lost a ton of melee for some reason. Maybe next week!

I hate being Arms on that fight so the crybaby druid and rogues can get their way of easiness.

Macattk15

usea said:
You're the one who tried some bullshit tactic. It blew up in your face, and it's not his fault. Also your system is whack if you pay what you bid. In a non-zero-sum bid system, the winner should pay the 2nd highest bid +1. If I bid 500 and you bid 200. I should win and have to pay 201. Your current system is giving you incentive to try and play some retarded meta-game, using social skills to try and gain an upper hand on who is bidding how much and how much you should bid. Stupid.

I'd lie to you about my bidding plans as well, for asking such a dick question to try and get the upper hand on dkp. Putting a fellow guild member in the position to either tell the truth to fuck themselves over or lie to protect themselves is a dick move. You deserve what you got.

Agreed.

THe point of a bidding system is to not know what your other members are bidding. Don't go and try to collude and get free loot. People like you pissed me off in old guilds.

Xabora

CassSept said:
Loklor
DPS - 5876

I forgot to mention most of the DPS was kinda hodir happy. >_>
Which in turn cause problems because people were not snagging the range for the storm, which in turn caused threat issues for our tank.

FYI: My Highest on that fight is like 12k last I recall.
Been a few days since I last raided... stupid initiate rank.

EDIT: Even then not all the top people were there... except for the druid.
But oh well.

EDIT2: Shouldn't have posted that so late at night. XD

CassSept

Ah, well, ok. I was just amazed at how rogue can be so low >.>
And how melee can be in top, Hodir is the casters fight, much like XT is the melee fight, it just depends on the fight. Especially in Ulduar were in many fights different types of dps have different roles, in almost every fight.

Foster

Is anyone who is with Virgin Media dropping connection? I'm struggling to stay on for 20 minutes at a time. Sometimes it cuts my internet off completely and sometimes just from wow.

I heard virgin media were it better terms, shit when it come to WoW
(or internet in general)
so wondering if anyone else is the same or just me :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shaman Changes for 3.2.0

TL/DR version:

Totemic Call removed; replaced with Call of Earth, same move different name.
Customizable totem bars a la Warrior Stance/DK pres. bars added.
Call of Fire added; places all 4 totems in 1 GCD.
Call of Air and Call of Water added; do the same thing as Call of Fire; but customizable to drop specific numbers and types of totems.

Also, Nature's Swiftness CD changed to 2 min. Chain Heal jump distance increased to 10 yds; effectiveness of CH reduced by 40% per jump instead of 50%.

Blizzard said:
There comes a time in all shaman’s lives when they must learn to harness the power of nature and wield powerful totems. As they grow in power, so do the opportunities to use these instruments of healing, protection, and destruction. In the upcoming content patch, Call of the Crusade, the shaman will be able to quickly place totems of each element, aiding them in managing these powerful focuses of nature.

We wanted to provide some insight regarding the upcoming shaman-specific interface addition, the Totem Bar. Shaman will be able to utilize this new bar to manage their fire, earth, water, and air totems in a more accessible and convenient way. This bar will appear on the left-hand side above the standard toolbar, similar to warrior stances or druid forms. The bar contains space for four totems of the player’s choice, one of each element. Clicking the respective button will drop that totem. To the right of the four totems is a button for Totemic Call, which we have renamed Call of Earth. To the left of the four totems is a new ability named Call of Fire which will drop all four totems on the bar at once. The mana cost is the same as if the shaman dropped all four of the totems one at a time. However, it takes but a single global cooldown.

Questing shaman will be able to quickly move their totems of choice forward, while a shaman in an instance, Arena, or Battleground will be able to replace their totems if they have to move or if the totems are destroyed.

Shamans will also be able to customize their bar to set Call of Fire to drop less than four totems if they choose. Access to this functionality is made available at the same level as Call of Earth (currently level 30.) At higher levels, Shaman will gain two additional spells, Call of Air and Call of Water. These function exactly the same as Call of Fire, essentially giving the shaman three different sets of totems that can be placed at once. New key bindings will also be made available for all of these slots.

As with all new content under testing, we want to caution players that, as a new part of the interface, there may be additional changes during the period of the PTR until the release of the Call of the Crusade content patch. We look forward to constructive feedback once it is available for testing.

firex

Scum said:
As a Jewelcrafter, what designs should I be on prowl for, so as to not waste my tokens on crud?
for mostly in demand stuff, get agi and str scarlet rubies. agi/stamina twilight opal is good. hit/stamina and hit/spirit forest emerald is good. defense/stamina is also good. spell/crit and/or spell/hit (I know I have one of these, I just can't remember which) is worth picking up, too, since a lot of casters have a higher hit rating requirement than melee.

also holy shit thank god for the shaman changes. Only 5 years late, but now they won't waste 6 seconds just setting up buffs for each fight.

Alex

Not digging the sound of the new content. They've now seemingly adapted the time duration limit on an overall scale.

I do like shifting hard modes into their own mode though, feels less clunky than arbitrary activation.

IcedTea

Alex said:
Not digging the sound of the new content. They've now seemingly adapted the time duration limit on an overall scale.
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of new dailies to do so you can grind for more pets and mounts and tabards!

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
Noooo.

I hope the 5 man stuff is worth doing, at least.
At least we're back to dungeons that could reasonably be accomplished in less than 3 days.

firex

So stupid question: are Fingers of Frost and Frostbite supposed to double proc? Every time Frostbite procs I get Fingers of Frost, but the reverse isn't always true (but then again that's only really on mobs that are immune to Frostbite).

Wow, I typically loathe the vehicle sections of this game (Including Flame Leviathan, fuck that thing), but I just stumbled onto the infra-green bomber quests and they are fucking awesome.

Angry Grimace

Zaro said:
Crusader's Coliseum raid is a 5 boss dungeon, with FOUR modes; 10 man, 25 man, 10 man Heroic and 25 man Heroic.

All four save to different IDs so you can try hard mode without not getting the loot from regular, I imagine. So this is a smaller patch than Ulduar, which explains why we're hearing about it so much faster.

Not much info about the 5 man instance; but I hear it's supposed to be along the lines of Magister's Terrace; i.e. much harder than other 5 mans.

CassSept

Ugh, only 5 bosses? Unless they are really hard (in 25-man heroic i mean, cause normal ones will probably have difficulty around ulduar, maybe pre-nerf, which was still easy) this doesn't sound too good :/

Arozay

I was 'wut'ing the 3 days thing.

New instance sounds horrid though. Sunwell gates + attempt limits teaming up to form the ultimate artificial cockblock. Throw in overtuned enrages for the first weeks and they can claim people are still busy with it. Also they've said its supposed to follow a Ring of Blood type formula so I'm not expecting more than one room.

The Alliance/Horde gear art sounds great, although they'll probably just recolour based on armor types x4 cause that's how Blizzard roll. Also would have made more sense to do the faction armor treatment to the Arena sets instead of adding a new spike to the previous seasons armor.

Woo, finally downed Yogg (ended up being 3rd on server, mere days from #2). I'm kind of disappointed there's no speeches/appearances afterward considering the huge build-up in the patch cut scene or to tie it back to the Lich King. Although to top the night off I also got my cooking hat!

3638403660_982a301f21.jpg

VAIL

I ended up hopping on the raid for "for the alliance" First run was a wipe at TB. The second one was much better...Ended up doing SMC and TB then we were gonna do UC but ended up heading to ORG and even though we were warned we went in anyway, and needless to say we failed and it fell apart after that.

Anyway, I just recently hit 80...and I'd like some advice on what I should be running and what I should be looking for as far as gear is concerned.

Here is my sheet from the armory. Click

Every heroic you can get yourself into, everyday. And make sure you get your daily heroic done each day. Get into Vault of Archavon and Obsidian Sanctum, 10 and 25 versions once a week, too.

Flib

new raid looks underwhelming to say the least.

one of the reasons I enjoy Ulduar so much is the environment and lore. this looks like a snoozefest

firex

You might want to redo your spec a little if you are pveing, but it looks like from your gear and talents you are pvp focused. Though I'm not sure why you would have glyph of healing stream totem in a pvp build. Is it actually good for that? I'd assume glyph of lightning shield is better, or glyph of frost shock.

For pve, you will want to drop frozen power and earthen power, and elemental focus and convection, and go 2/5 ancestral knowledge for the following: 3/3 static shock, 3/3 call of flame, 5/5 elemental fury. pve glyphs are basically glyph of lightning shield, glyph of stormstrike, glyph of lava lash/lightning bolt for third slot.

For pve you obviously need more hit rating, too. You have 35 and you need 335 more to be hit capped at 80 for raids (with moonkin/shadow priest debuff, but no reason to get the extra 3% spell hit past that). Your weapons need to be slower, but since you are 80 there are multiple things you can buy:
the offhand claw from ebon blade
the axes from sons of hodir
the titansteel bonecrusher from any blacksmith/the AH
probably more just by clicking "find an upgrade" on your armory.

Quake1028

Most Alliance raids wipe at Org or UC, just like most Horde raids wipe and fail at IF or SW.

We are going to try to advance some in Uld10 tonight. Should be fun.

VAIL

firex said:
You might want to redo your spec a little if you are pveing, but it looks like from your gear and talents you are pvp focused. Though I'm not sure why you would have glyph of healing stream totem in a pvp build. Is it actually good for that? I'd assume glyph of lightning shield is better, or glyph of frost shock.

For pve, you will want to drop frozen power and earthen power, and elemental focus and convection, and go 2/5 ancestral knowledge for the following: 3/3 static shock, 3/3 call of flame, 5/5 elemental fury. pve glyphs are basically glyph of lightning shield, glyph of stormstrike, glyph of lava lash/lightning bolt for third slot.

For pve you obviously need more hit rating, too. You have 35 and you need 335 more to be hit capped at 80 for raids (with moonkin/shadow priest debuff, but no reason to get the extra 3% spell hit past that). Your weapons need to be slower, but since you are 80 there are multiple things you can buy:
the offhand claw from ebon blade
the axes from sons of hodir
the titansteel bonecrusher from any blacksmith/the AH
probably more just by clicking "find an upgrade" on your armory.

I just haven't got around to redoing glyphs, but I will hop on that today...thanks for the advice so far. I had originally played and quit pre-bc, so I am catching up on a lot of stuff.

TomServo

Got my t8.5 chest from Hodir last night. Threw off the t7.5 legs I had been using to maintain 4pt7 and threw my Maly caster legs back on. +14.14% hit with no talents or gems, with the only +hit enchant being Icewalker.

Have enough badges for the t8.5 hood, but it's not much of an upgrade so I'm going to wait until I get my t8.5 shoulders off of Yogg. Could be a while.

Raged on someone in vent for the first time in the guild I've been with for the past eight months. Priest called me out for taking too much damage on Biting Cold on one attempt. I went off on her, reminding her that much of that was taken when I was trying frantically to bust her out of an ice block after she missed the idiot check on flash freeze, and that the rest was taken after a wipe was called when the healers couldn't keep the tank up and I was standing there trying to die.

This is the same priest that died in void zones on Sarth3D on just about every attempt well after the rest of the guild had learned the fight.

Fucking healers need to realize that a.) you don't get a free pass to call out people in the first place and b.) the rest of the raid notices when they fuck up but we bite our tongues.

TomServo

funkmastergeneral said:
I'm currently leveling jewelcrafting through the thorium stage and wow this is awful :(

Leveling professions if the one thing that kills my desire to do anything with my DK besides use it as a bank alt. No need for another gathering profession (have an alt with both mining and herbalism), and the crafting professions are terrible to level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom