• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
You get one token or two at most per raid for that slot, so it's good to have them on the vendor in case you get fucked by the RNG week after week. It's a good fallback compared to a guild having to do a raid for one item because you need that 4 piece set bonus, but have nothing else to get from that raid.

The only reason to remove tier tokens from the emblem vendors is, as you already have said, a sense of pride over beating the content. But you can't even buy two of the t7.5 tokens without beating the content, since it requires the emblems you get from that raid. So either way, someone in t7.5 has that gear because they beat the content right now. And next patch I really don't think it should matter, because you can see what pieces of t8 are emblem bought and which ones are drops.

The badge of honor/pride thing is achievements anyway.
My priest is gonna love this shit, seriously. :lol

I think I can understand the Prayer of Healing nerf though, now that I think about it. Nerfing the SP contribution is more of a nerf to players with huge SP totals rather than lower ones; and PoH probably wasn't designed with the intent of using it as that massive of an AoE heal on ANYONE in your raid.

I'm starting to get the hang of Shadow Priesting though. How viable/good/wanted are they. I really enjoy the fact that it's DoTs are very easy to manage compared to some other classes, and that you can keep doing a shitload of damage even while you're running around.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Proc said:
Is there a gaf guild or has there been any attempt to make one?
There was an attempt on Page One, but that shit didn't fly :lol No GAF guild :(

Chris R

Macattk15 said:
I did not know it was possible to wipe on Gothik. I would of liked to see a video of that raid!

Raz I can understand ... ESPECIALLY in a pug. I'd kill myself I think.
Last naxx pug I did we almost wiped on Gothik, again too fast on Live side. We did wipe on Noth :lol basically the 3 mages (me included) were too busy trying to keep up on DPS during the BL that we didn't decurse. Of course it was our fault, and not any of the other classes who could decurse :lol Also wiped alot on Gluth and the two "bosses" before Thaddius. :lol Still got two upgrades out of it so I'm not made

Alex

Guild is hard to make since we have a lot of different types of players.

Also, speaking of tier tokens...FUCK TIER TOKENS. I am so fucking sick and tired of double vanquisher. The week before last I think it was ONLY VANQUISHER DROPPED. Fucking 10 Vanquisher tokens.

Usually theres 6-7 anyway, so its not like it's abnormal I guess.

Wish they'd fall back to two tokens and put 5 classes each on them
I'm on a new server with no heirlooms or main to buy stuff for me :/

I refuse to level without new account + RAF + heirlooms. I hate leveling in this game. Too anti-social + all walking = barf.

Angry Grimace

Alex said:

Also, speaking of tier tokens...FUCK TIER TOKENS. I am so fucking sick and tired of double vanquisher. The week before last I think it was ONLY VANQUISHER DROPPED. Fucking 10 Vanquisher tokens.

I refuse to level without new account + RAF + heirlooms. I hate leveling in this game. Too anti-social + all walking = barf.
The biggest problem I see with a first leveling set is that you literally have no money.

CassSept

Alex said:

Oh irony, my guild gets almost no vanquishers. Seriously, almost no vanquishers at all. Completely opposite of what happened in Naxx. Since april Freya dropped vanquisher legs once, and i'm dead serious.
How lucky was it that I was first in dkp for them ^_^

Cipherr

I stand by the badge changes being great.

The barrier of entry needs to stay in line with the active raiding content. We aren't recruiting right now, but if we WERE it would just suck copious amounts of ass trying to get people to help us push through the hardmodes of the second half of Ulduar 25 in heroic badge gear.

You know, not everyone piggy backs on smallers guilds to get geared up in Naxx25 then disbands and applies to a larger guild. People need to be able to gear up decently outside of raiding so that if you are recruited, you can contribute decently until we can get you into full t.8.5 or whatever your best in slot is.

Dragging new members through off night Naxx25 runs or carrying 3k dps and under geared tanks and healers through Uld because they are new recruits fucking sucks ass. I welcome the change, the recruits who have grinded out their conquests and waited to apply until that point where they could proceed no further outside of random VoA runs and the odd successful Naxx25 PUG as well as conquest badges show us that they give a damn. There is no way we will be moving into this new 25man raid they are adding with people only geared well enough to start Naxx 10. Great change.

(Not to mention the effect it has on guildies that want to change mains for the good of the guild ((we have a buttload of shaman, to many)) they will gear up much faster)

firex

All right, I am confused on a few different slots I could upgrade for my shaman's resto set before heroics:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Omgarsh
I know I can get the mace from revered Wyrmrest, or buy the TS Guardian. I know I can get a healer cape from regular UP. I think I can also get another healer ring to replace my top ring from the same instance. Not sure what I can get to replace my bottom trinket, though both trinkets could really use it. Same with the gloves, I don't know where to get a good replacement for those aside from the exalted Wyrmrest gloves. I know a good heroic epic, but not a good pre-heroic blue, for my wrist slot.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
All right, I am confused on a few different slots I could upgrade for my shaman's resto set before heroics:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Omgarsh
I know I can get the mace from revered Wyrmrest, or buy the TS Guardian. I know I can get a healer cape from regular UP. I think I can also get another healer ring to replace my top ring from the same instance. Not sure what I can get to replace my bottom trinket, though both trinkets could really use it. Same with the gloves, I don't know where to get a good replacement for those aside from the exalted Wyrmrest gloves. I know a good heroic epic, but not a good pre-heroic blue, for my wrist slot.
War Mace of Unrequited Love from H-Nexus. Because it's free. I would just deal until you get that one.

Ring: Band of Guile from H-CoT4. Or you could use a Titanium Spellshock.

Trinket: Darkmoon Card: Illusion. It's essentially of similar quality to Je'Tze's bell, only it costs 400g on my server. Also, the Egg of Mortal Essence from Badge rewards.
Cape.

Bracers; Dragonflayer Seer's Bindings; BoE, check AH.

Gloves: Gloves of Dark Conversion. Mal'Ganis in regular CoT4.

Cape: Wispcloak is relatively inexpensive.

Quake1028

Got my Tier 7.5 gloves from Archavon. I just spent 60 EoH less than a week ago on my Tier 7 gloves because they wouldn't drop. Fail :lol .

Scum

rhfb said:
Get it, Meta slots are huge for casters
Kilrogg...Horde....Wintergrasp...
I'm going to be a long way away from the other 20 Marks of Honour I'll need for the Hood! :lol

Gloomfire said:
Got my Tier 7.5 gloves from Archavon. I just spent 60 EoH less than a week ago on my Tier 7 gloves because they wouldn't drop. Fail :lol.

:-(

New changes to Wintergrasp.

Wintergrasp

* To provide players with a more transparent notification of when Wintergrasp battles occur, as well as better control zone population and stability, several changes have been made.
* Players now have the option to queue for Wintergrasp from a Wintergrasp Battlemaster in any capital city or by simply entering the Wintergrasp zone.
* Queuing will begin 15 minutes before each battle. If chosen, you will automatically be teleported to the zone. Any players in the zone who have not been chosen from the queue will be teleported out when the battle begins.
* The queue system remains active for the entire battle. As soon as a player leaves, a new one will be chosen from the queue.
* Trying to enter Wintergrasp during an active battle for which you have not been chosen will teleport you out. Please note that, as you are now able to fly over Wintergrasp, you will only be teleported out if you try to land and join the battle.
* Level 80 players get higher priority in the queue than lower level players. In addition, a random selection of queued players will be taken from both the Battlemasters and the zone itself.
* The queue will accept up to 100 players from each faction, resulting in a maximum battle of 200 players at a time.

Got my Tier 7.5 gloves from Archavon. I just spent 60 EoH less than a week ago on my Tier 7 gloves because they wouldn't drop.

Same thing happened to me. Got T8 Gloves in 10man, then spent DKP on T8.5 Gloves and legs. Next reset, 8.5 gloves and hands drop in vault and I'm the only one who can use 'em.

firex

Angry Grimace said:
War Mace of Unrequited Love from H-Nexus. Because it's free. I would just deal until you get that one.

Ring: Band of Guile from H-CoT4. Or you could use a Titanium Spellshock.

Trinket: Darkmoon Card: Illusion. It's essentially of similar quality to Je'Tze's bell, only it costs 400g on my server. Also, the Egg of Mortal Essence from Badge rewards.
Cape.

Bracers; Dragonflayer Seer's Bindings; BoE, check AH.

Gloves: Gloves of Dark Conversion. Mal'Ganis in regular CoT4.

Cape: Wispcloak is relatively inexpensive.
should've clarified I didn't mean any heroic stuff, but I will look into the Illusion trinket, the boe wrists and I'll try to do regular CoS.

I understand why they're making the changes to WG. A prime time WG battle is pretty much unplayable because of the lag on my server. I imagine it can take down all of Northrend on high population servers. This change is going to keep a lot of those people who play WG in the evening out though, and that's going to piss them off.

WG, too fun for its own good.

Wintergrasp needed changes, but not those changes. If they're going to limit it and have a queue system they should either instance it or phase away the battle for non participants (daily questers, fishers, etc). Kicking people from the zone seems like a poor choice.

Lain

Midsummer event started and I already hate it.
How am I supposed to catch 4 torches in a row when everyone is launching them? I see alot of torches coming down and I have no idea which one is mine.

letsbereasonable said:
Wintergrasp needed changes, but not those changes. If they're going to limit it and have a queue system they should either instance it or phase away the battle for non participants (daily questers, fishers, etc). Kicking people from the zone seems like a poor choice.
There's 2 and a half hours between battles, battles last half an hour at the most (often less). There's plenty of time to do stuff like fishing and daily quests.

Oh shit, Midsummer started today didn't it? I'll have to get on that. It's a pain in the ass though, I transferred to a PVP server with my guild just last week and now I'm going to have to do all the stuff on a PVP server. D:

Lain

Went back to Org to complete the torch juggler quest and there were only 2 people doing it, so I finally completed it. Had to go in first person view and look at the sky to be able to catch them torches, which wasn't as problematic with only a couple torches in the sky.

Other achievements seems pretty easy, altho I'm gonna have some problems with the main cities fires ><

Lain said:
Went back to Org to complete the torch juggler quest and there were only 2 people doing it, so I finally completed it. Had to go in first person view and look at the sky to be able to catch them torches, which wasn't as problematic with only a couple torches in the sky.

Other achievements seems pretty easy, altho I'm gonna have some problems with the main cities fires ><
You should just look at the shadow of your torch, which is a bit of a pain if there's a lot of people there but it works wonders in completing the dailies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Been playing around and setting up a hardcore raiding UI tonight. Not completely finalized yet. I'm pretty happy how it's turned out considering how much info I have on screen.

My favorite addition is the timers for Deadly Poison and Rupture that I added. You can see them on top of my health numbers. Going to add one for Slice N' Dice too. Now I'll never need to move my eyes from the center of the screen, the action, during combat anymore. :)

prinny_raid.jpg

prinny_raid2.jpg

Lain

Orbitcube said:
You should just look at the shadow of your torch, which is a bit of a pain if there's a lot of people there but it works wonders in completing the dailies.

I always have shadow off or close to off, so didn't think of that. Did it using shadows in UC for the daily (juggling 10 was hard ><) and it helped, thanks!

I'm only missing the Torch Juggler achievement in Dalaran and I'm done with the event (except to farm some more Blossoms hoping to get to 350 for one either the dancing flame or the pet) but I'm not really sure if I just need to spam the torches or what (40 torches in 15 seconds seems alot).

Torch Juggler

It's a cruel joke on Blizzard's part to ask people to do this in Dalaran, which is such an almighty lagfest on so many servers, but it can't be helped. If your computer usually wheezes its way through the city at server high time, you'll definitely want to wait for a slow period in order to get this achievement done.

What you will need to do is purchase around 20-25 Juggling Torches from Midsummer vendors, then hotkey them somewhere convenient. Using a torch will allow you to target a specific area where you want it to land. Target it at your feet, then spam the hell out of your torch hotkey. This will automatically force each torch to come down where you're already standing, so you can instantly "juggle" it back. Use of the torches doesn't trigger the global cooldown, so as long as your latency and framerates are cooperating, you should be able to "juggle" 40 torches easily within the space of 15 seconds.

Full World Event guide at WoW Insider WoW.com. http://www.wow.com/2009/06/18/the-overachiever-guide-to-midsummer-fire-festival-achievements/

I'm almost done with Flame Keeper of Kalimdor now. I got Extinguisher of Kalimdor and King of the Fire Festival done. I killed Ahune last year so, I got that too. I'll kill him again this year to get the other tabard though.

Might have an interesting bug I found to try out.

Excuse me if this is not new, just figured it out myself.

I was in an OS25, we attempted 3 drakes, gave up, then tried 2. But I left after we killed the drake we didn't want in the encounter, but before Sarth. I got the emblem, but wasn't saved to the instance.

Weird.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I made a new DK. Which tree is looking like the most effective leveling tree? Still blood (was it always blood? I lose track when I bounce back and forth between this and other games)?

Kintaro said:
So, I made a new DK. Which tree is looking like the most effective leveling tree? Still blood (was it always blood? I lose track when I bounce back and forth between this and other games)?

Blood if you never want to worry about health and want to be able to solo things.

Unholy if you want a ghoul and such, while aoeing the fuck out of everything that comes your way.

Basically their both survivalish which is good for leveling, just depends on what kind of mobs and such you'll be encountering the most. I leveled unholy and never had a problem.

Tamanon

Banned
I've leveled 2 DKs now, one frost and one blood and they were both just as effective. You still don't get hurt that much while leveling even without deathstrike as your main rune producer.

Sciz

firex said:
all right, I searched and it seems like for talents the best arcane build is something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vsu0IzxGuMxedcZbhf0o:Nzio0V

but maybe there is a difference between it and the cookie cutter arcane spec? I also wonder if I would use the pushback in arcane as a leveling build or not.
Ditch the point in Magic Attunement and pick up Slow. The 3 extra yards aren't worth the fun and utility Slow offers, and it gives you an easy way to take advantage of Torment the Weak while soloing.

Alex

Xabora said:

That looks really, really fake.

Also Dalaran runs like absolute filth on my PC. I'd really rather them add absolutely nothing to it in the future. I dunno what it is lately, but I hang at 25 FPS there lately. 15 FPS if it's a really busy peak time.

E8400 Core Duo @ 3ghz
4 gigs of ram
Overclocked Geforce 8800 GTX

They fuck with WoW's engine too much. The art direction has improved so much but the tech side looks 90% the same to me. They always do something crazy to make my FPS plummet every expansion. Crysis runs significantly better for me than WoW does in Dalaran and during Yogg Saron for instance.

I've read that people getting such abysmal Dalaran performance on nice rigs is due to it being so small, and thus loading in every player (doesnt make sense to me, since IF is jam freaking packed at peak and I never budge from 60 (vsync) there), and also hovering over 4 zones, which causes the engine to load all their tilesets.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Those are some....odd changes for WG

On my server it will be fun to try and get in a battle..hehe.

They need to instance that shit ;P

Xabora

Alex said:
Also Dalaran runs like absolute filth on my PC. I'd really rather them add absolutely nothing to it in the future. I dunno what it is lately, but I hang at 25 FPS there lately. 15 FPS if it's a really busy peak time.

E8400 Core Duo @ 3ghz
4 gigs of ram
Overclocked Geforce 8800 GTX

They fuck with WoW's engine too much. The art direction has improved so much but the tech side looks 90% the same to me. They always do something crazy to make my FPS plummet every expansion. Crysis runs significantly better for me than WoW does in Dalaran and during Yogg Saron for instance.

I've read that people getting such abysmal Dalaran performance on nice rigs is due to it being so small, and thus loading in every player (doesnt make sense to me, since IF is jam freaking packed at peak and I never budge from 60 (vsync) there), and also hovering over 4 zones, which causes the engine to load all their tilesets.
/console componentThread 3 and restart the client.
Or add SET componentThread "3" to your config.wtf.

Helps massively.

Chris R

So is the server code beyond fixing with WG? Hate those changes so fucking much, but if they can't get 500v500 battles run smoothly, I guess 100v100 will have to do. Should just hire away some people Mythic/Warhammer since they seem to be able to handle the netcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom