• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well wow has built in bars you can activate with interface armors. Anything beyond that is a third party interface program which CAN be problematic

Druids and Mages got hella buffed/tweaked last patch.

This time seemed to be Hunters and Warlocks, and to a lesser extent, Warriors.

Priests are a very balanced and fun class, but I still hope they get a close look and improvement in the next patch or two.

LukeSmith

JackFrost2012 said:
Druids and Mages got hella buffed/tweaked last patch.

This time seemed to be Hunters and Warlocks, and to a lesser extent, Warriors.

Priests are a very balanced and fun class, but I still hope they get a close look and improvement in the next patch or two.

I forsee some kind of nerf to shadow priests in PvP.
Alot of the other classes have a rock paper scissors (ironic, since I play a Shaman and people seem to think we're gods with an easy mode and are unbeatable), but shadow priests are a pretty tough fight period. nice to see some classes who needed love, get it, though.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
MrAngryFace said:
Warriors are pretty fucking hardcore.
Yeah there are some warrior players that simply kick arse, but there are still a lot that are pig-headed. As long as that player knows it's class' strengths and weaknesses, I wouldn't want anything else beside my Mage (or in front :lol)

SaitoH

New Beaststalker set graphics:

post-2-56336-beaststalker.jpg

New Pally epic set minus shoulders:

http://img190.echo.cx/my.php?image=wowscrnshot0511052001135sx.jpg

New pally epic shoulders:

http://img140.echo.cx/img140/5813/newlawbringerspaulders7pv.jpg

Man it's a good thing I never got the beaststalker cap. That thing looks dumb as hell. The rest looks pretty sweet though. Hope it looks just as good on an orc.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Holy crap, Battlegrounds is fun as hell. For a bit I felt like I was playing an online FPS. :D

Malakhov

Banned
Apple Jax: I was looking through the servers and found out crushridge. Low PvP server, about 14k characters, 51% alliance, 49% alliance. The ratio is about 1:1 though the activity ratio is more around 1:4 alliance wich isn't bad. I've also got 2 friends there in their 40s we could catch up to. Up to you, what do you wanna do?

hobart

1:4 is a lot... but I don't think it will be a problem with BGs in the wake. We got a lot of leveling to do.

If anyone else is interested... hit either me a Mal up... we're looking for another 1 or 2.

hobart

Son of Godzilla said:
I'm on CR. It's not bad at all really.

You on CR as well? We were planning on joining Horde.... maybe you could help us out?! (We need to catch up).

How's the raid content on the server? How far gone are they with loot... etc?

Ikse said:
Another good Warlock vid, this time after the honor system was added

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1660

That review by Joseefus is me ;) Yah... great vid for 'locks, methinks. I could be wrong though... but... 'lock vids are so few and far between that ANY could look good to me.

Ikse

I like that one because its actually made after all the fear/seduce nerf's and nice to see containing players is still possible :)

Malakhov

Banned
Reactivated my account and made my way to lvl 8 with an orc warrior or Crushridge (pvp server). Missed the game a lot heh.

Couldn't play this evening though, a friend of mine showed up and I brushed off Dungeons and Dragons for the xbox and we played a few hours of that.

Phyacia is BACK kids, killin for the Horde. Killed my first Rogue on the honor system. Subtlety/Assassin rogues are born hunter/killers. Muhaha criticaled the rogue for 700 booyah go evicerate!

Just played BG for like 3 freakin hours or so. It's fucking insane. We summoned the rock elemental like 3 times in a row, and still couldn't break their final line. Something really needs to be done about that final fucking bridge on alliance side, horde have NOTHING like it, and it's insanely easy to defend.

Anyways, CR is like, super slow and shit. I don't think anyone's past Gar in MC, and Ony's untouched I think.

hobart

Son of Godzilla said:
Just played BG for like 3 freakin hours or so. It's fucking insane. We summoned the rock elemental like 3 times in a row, and still couldn't break their final line. Something really needs to be done about that final fucking bridge on alliance side, horde have NOTHING like it, and it's insanely easy to defend.

Anyways, CR is like, super slow and shit. I don't think anyone's past Gar in MC, and Ony's untouched I think.

See, MAF, GAF could be the collective saviors of CR!!

And we're going Horde!

And sometimes... you need to do the IN thing (see avatar).

Godzilla... yer running a lvl 60, right?

I had a great kill last night. I was in swamp o sorrows abouts, and there was this NE Rogue 1 level above me killing shit. I was stealthed so she didnt see me. Anyway I go off, kill some stuff, and I see that one of our towns was giving out an alert. So im like, fuck thats probably her. So I head off in that direction. I see her fighting 3 of those weird little guys, anyway she was losing. So she started running. I used speedy skill or whatever its called to catch up with her (still stealthed) and right when the monsters stopped chasing her she stopped running.

AND thats when Mr Backstab ended her life haha.

Rogues are awesome. I love hunting other players.

Malakhov

Banned
Fine, MAF, ignore us :p

Having mouse problems, called Microsoft they will call me back on monday urgh. I'm stuck with a cheap ass $2 mouse it's barely playable. I have an urge to go out and buy a logitech mx518 tomorrow but I might get a free replacement monday for my intellimouse explorer so I need to wait.

I want to play dammit!

Malakhov

Banned
It's cool, just would of liked playing with you, you sound like someone who enjoys the game instead of racing through it like the majority of folks I've played with. Maybe one day!

Haha I love this hunter/stalker method of PvP. I was skulking around Tarren Mill, this level 40 warrior flagged pvp tries sneaking across the lake. So I sprint to the other side, right when she's out of the water, cheapshot then she tried to actually fight me, but I was outdamaging her by a large margin between 5 point evicerates + level III instant poison. So she's like FUCK THIS! Stuns me and runs. So im chasing her, a croc attacks her I take the advantage and attack again. I get her down a bit then bam stun again. So now im behind quite a bit, waiting for fuckin skills to cooldown.

Almost at southshore. Shit. sprint cools down. BAM! Chase her down, nail her with a critical sinister strike then bam kidney shot. She runs to southshore JUST enough to get a guard to join in.

This is where she gets cocky. She tries to fight me hahaha. 23% dodge affords me to ignore an NPC. she fell to a level 4 evicerate. It was wonderful. 2 PVP kills now. This one on one ambush shit is hilariously fun.

Its clear subtlety/assassin rogues are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS tracking a mage near ivar patch earlier but I lost him :(. Either recalled or blinked beyond my field of view. Even with enhanced stealth its a challenge to keep up or cut off alliance.

Malakhov

Banned
Played a bit tonight with a cheap ass $2 mouse while waiting for microsoft to call me. I'll know tomorrow either I need to shell out a $60 for a Logitech MX518 or get a free replacement for my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer wich I hope so, because even though it's the second time it leaves me high and dry, it's the best damn mouse around.

Anyhow, I played a bit and I left the wonderful world of orcs and trolls for the world of the undead since it's my favorite horde newbie area and I've played my orc warrior up to level 12 while doing the easy newbie quests. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow, here's a screenshot of my bad guy so far:

gubek.jpg

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
Alright quick question for all you WoW guys. I just got this game off a friend for real cheap. Free actually. I installed it and when it got to the point to ask for the Authentication Key it told me that it had already been used. Now I know he used it when he first started playing, but I didn't know that even after he cancelled the account it would keep the key as used. Is there anyway for me to get around this, or do I have to mail in the cd sleeve to Blizzard and get a new key?

if you can get a new cd key from blizzard you should.

MMORPGs as a rule are tied to credit/address/personal information. The account may be "cancelled" but the key is still effectively tied to that persons information in the event they want to return to the WoW. I THINK thats how it works anyway. WoW's billing should be the same as any other MMORPGs.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
understood, but do you think I'll end up paying them 10 bux just to get a new cd key? At that point is it really worth it? Should I do that, or just buy it in the store and have the free time given with initial sign-up?

If you have the money to spend on a copy of WoW, its worth it to buy your own copy. WoW is a far more solid experience since launch, trust me, I took a month off from it. Im hooked all over again.

In the end it will just be a much more pleasant experience to have your own copy.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
sorry to keep asking so many questions....but how much time do you get when you buy the game? FFXI gave you a month of free play....is there anything like that with WoW?

I thought it was the first 30 free, but you pay at the end of the 30, so its like youre paying for it, i guess haha. I dunno its not bad I remember.

hobart

Free month... but that was back at launch... I'm not sure if they still do it now.

I remember when they were having mad server problems they hooked us up for like... 5-6 free days in Dec-Jan.

I canceled after my free month (due to moving overseas) and I was never charged. They were cool about it. No problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom