• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
GMUNYIFan: Is he still using his account? If he's no longer using his account and hence why he gave you the game, he needs to give you his account information as well and you will need to change them to your information. That's how to proceed when you give a MMORPG account or sell one for that matter ;)

I just called back Microsoft, they're sending me a new mouse, woot!
The new model looks even better :)

10047928.jpg

Alex

Is there still a viable GAF guild or GAF server or somethin'? I was trying to play FFXI again and I can't find my fucking Zilart disc. So, I'm just gonna say it's a sign or something and wait for the 360 release.

That, however, leaves me with free time to burn. :mad: So, I should get back into WoW.

hobart

Alex:

Mala and myself are rerolling on Crushridge on the Horde side if you are interested. Throw one of us a PM if yer interested or whatever... we're looking for a nice little contingent.

Alex - MAF, luvaboi, Drinky Crow and some others still play on Gilneas in the guild Doom Syndicate.

As far as I can tell they are still accepting GAF members.

We have a GAF chat channel anyway to communicate between the disparate members of the GAF Horde.

If you want pvp you can join the two-man splinter group on Crushridge.

hobart

Let it be known... Gil is my top choice for PvE.

...but PvE?!?!!! BAH!!!

(How active are the GAFers on Gil... so I know what to roll)

Alex

Oh, Horde, that's right. Meh, I don't really think I wanna do Horde again. Yeah, they're cooler, but you know what? The barrens is the worst goddamn area in video game history. I don't think I could struggle through that again.

Barrens.... Do Silverpine & Stonetalon :). I know that's what Korranator did in lieu of Barrens.

Pretty much.

The GAFERS on Gilneas are kind of active. Some everyday, some not.

Me - 60
paul(bunch of numbers after his name) - 60
luvaboi - 55
MAF - 45
Drinky - 28
Slorok - 36 (but waiting till June to start again)
Varindo - 42 (likewise)
Rorschach - somewhere in the 30s
DCharlie - dunno

I never did Barrens with Phyacia, I just did silverpine and such. You dont NEED to do the barrens. Then again I was undead so it all flowed a lot easier away from The Barrens for me.

Phy rox!

hobart

Alex:

I'm only days from starting ALL OVER on Horde side on Crushridge with Malakov (who just rolled an Orc Warrior himself).

As far as my playing on Gilneas... it'll be a slow process... but it will be on Horde to match the rest of the GAF clan.

My "main" is on Bonechewer... only a lvl 30 Paladin... I will still be playing him... just dunno how much yet.

It's all by ear as of now, I won't make any concrete moves until I actually get home. But I am pretty stoked to be starting a UD Mage on CR once I get back.

We just dont wanna crushridge, is a weird place full of dorks.

Dodge at 25% and rising! Must level gain for great dodge justice! Found a blue trinket tonight too which was nice.

hobart

But, really, how's the honor game on a PvE server? Does it exist? Does it matter?

I just feel like that if I were to join a PvE server... I'm missing out on an intricate part of the game... and that's all PvP content. Convince me.

Basically all the battles are pretty much focused around towns. You can fight away from towns but at that point its one on one, and flags have to be activated or triggered by the player or by attacking an NPC of either faction.

There's still a PVP game buddy, just less ganking and possible unfortunate suprises. It also gives you more freedom to explore both continents.

There's still a lot of pvp in the game on pve servers. The honor system works pretty well too, as the Legionnaires,etc. in my guild can attest.

While the balance on gilneas sucks, come Battlegrounds time - which should be soon, it's irrelevant, as that will be the place where pvp and the honor system truly matter, and that's instanced and based on even numbers being hardwired into the zone.

Malakhov said:
PvE servers are lame, I've scratched a lvl 38 toon because of it.

Things have changed since the Honor system was implemented...

Of course, a level 38 toon is pretty low level to begin with.

Mister Zimbu - No official GAF guild anymore, but the guild Doom Syndicate is full of gafers, and pretty much any gafer who starts on the server can get in that guild.

Same way it works on PvP servers.

And... level 38 is nowhere near enough to get a feel for a server. You do know that from 1-50 every single person you will deal with pretty much can be counted on to:

1. Suck.
2. Be an annoying twat.

Sirpopopop said:

And... level 38 is nowhere near enough to get a feel for a server. You do know that from 1-50 every single person you will deal with pretty much can be counted on to:

1. Suck.
2. Be an annoying twat.

It seems like that since most people have 60 Mains now, doesn't it? Makes for better situations when you and 3 guildies are hunting a Mage for 5-man LRBS, though.

My question about PvE servers isn't Honor, but resources. If I was able to go without having to fight for my herbs/ore/rugged leather/Felcloth/etc, I'd be able to do it for hours. On PvP, I'm often stopped from "getting comfortable", (ie, throwing on the INT/SPR/+mana recovery gear) for fear of having to fight from low health that that set-up makes for. I'd imagine with everyone else able to focus 100% on doing that and not fighting/corpse running/waiting for Ambush Specced NE Rogue #384618394 to bring buddies to get revenge, the AH would flood with stuff, more than the market would allow after a while.

And, our guild's "Alliance Server" is Crushridge. Wave Hi to me as you wipe the whiskey-odored blood from your sword after icing Monkeywrench the dwarf warrior, aight? :lol

Alex

It doesn't seem like it would be really useful without a stream of PvPing avalible. Unless it's meant to be entirely incorperated with Battlegrounds, that is.

Malakhov

Banned
Sirpopopop said:

1. Suck.
2. Be an annoying twat.
It's more than enough, trust me. That's why my friends moved from Bleeding Hollow.

Alex said:
It doesn't seem like it would be really useful without a stream of PvPing avalible. Unless it's meant to be entirely incorperated with Battlegrounds, that is.

There's Tarren Mill, The Barrens, Ashenvale, Duskwood, etc. for that constant stream of pvp.

Malakhov:

That situation also exists on pvp servers too. It sounds like you just had some bad experiences with one server and are now generalizing based off it.

Pvp servers have their advantages and disadvantages. Someone who plays on one would be more qualified to discuss that.

However, with issues such as incentives to pvp, etc. - It's both the same. There's incentive enough to pvp on PvE servers with the Honor System. There's also a constant stream of pvp available, and when you want to step away from the pvp action - you can easily enough. You don't always have to watch your back leveling outside, and you can level up in zones like Stranglethorn Vale,etc. without worrying about a higher level player coming and killing you.

Alex - There are new servers coming up, but I wouldn't recommend doing that. Think how many servers are up already, think how many players on those servers are dissatisfied with their server. Now, think how many want to move out as a result :).

Better off choosing a low-pop server that's been established. I'm sure that's why Mala went to Crushridge.

Alex

That's if you can get people to turn their flags on though. :(

The PvP servers are greatttttt and really breaks up the monotony of questing. But if I start again, I do not believe that I'd wanna go through the frustartions it can bring though.

Especially with so many high end players now. Maybe I should wait 'till they open some new servers. Sorta changing the subject, but do you know if they've done so recently, or plan to do so.

Thanks for all the info, either way.

Malakhov

Banned
Sirpopopop said:
Better off choosing a low-pop server that's been established. I'm sure that's why Mala went to Crushridge.

Indeed, it was one of the reasons. It helped that 2 of my real life friends moved on it from Bleeding Hollow and I would never return on that mess of a server, the message board of BH was proof of the ridiculous population the server had before the splits and my friends told me that Crushridge had been pretty good for them since they moved there.

Alex said:
That's if you can get people to turn their flags on though. :(

The PvP servers are greatttttt and really breaks up the monotony of questing. But if I start again, I do not believe that I'd wanna go through the frustartions it can bring though.

Especially with so many high end players now. Maybe I should wait 'till they open some new servers. Sorta changing the subject, but do you know if they've done so recently, or plan to do so.

Thanks for all the info, either way.

Getting people to turn on their flags is astoundingly easy. That's never been a problem for me - finding pvp. Whenever I wanted action I know where to go. As a matter of fact you'll want to keep World Defense turned off or else you'll be spammed to death.

People WANT to fight on normal servers now. Not everyone enjoys spamming Tarren Mill.

Im gonna be plugging away at WoW tonight :D

Phyacia is awesome with roguness

Alex

Man, maybe I really should just join Gil then. PvE sounds ok, and MAF is apparently convinced that it is the greatest game server of all time.

Alex

I had a friend once who was test driving a car and it broke down. I think MAF may just be the same salesman. :(

Haha, so im in the badlands finally grinding for $$$ for my mount (I can kill stuff fast, decent drops).

So this mage comes up to me with scout rank (I have no rank) and challenges me to a duel. Plus he's a frost mage so those can be some trouble. So I agree, and back the hell off to stealth. So the first thing he does of course is frost nova, cause he probably expected me to attack right away.

Fuck no. Im in a field full of aggros. So I back WAY off. The guy starts running in this circle firing off frost novas hoping to catch me. Eventually, as expected, he snags 2 aggros. That's when I hit sprint and soom in to cheap shot him. So the fight continued with him fighting 2 mobs AND me.

So I win, but right after he does the beg for mercy animation one of the wolves bites his face and he dies. He rezed, but I was stealthed on a rock up high watching him. He spent the next 3 minutes circling around on his mount, I suspect trying to find me ;)

MrAngryFace said:
Haha, so im in the badlands finally grinding for $$$ for my mount (I can kill stuff fast, decent drops).

So this mage comes up to me with scout rank (I have no rank) and challenges me to a duel. Plus he's a frost mage so those can be some trouble. So I agree, and back the hell off to stealth. So the first thing he does of course is frost nova, cause he probably expected me to attack right away.

Fuck no. Im in a field full of aggros. So I back WAY off. The guy starts running in this circle firing off frost novas hoping to catch me. Eventually, as expected, he snags 2 aggros. That's when I hit sprint and soom in to cheap shot him. So the fight continued with him fighting 2 mobs AND me.

So I win, but right after he does the beg for mercy animation one of the wolves bites his face and he does. He rezed, but I was stealthed on a rock up high watching him. He spent the next 3 minutes circling around on his mount, I suspect trying to find me ;)

Hahahaha. That's gold. :lol

Alex

I'm gonna make an Alliance character and throw rocks at you :mad:

Quick question, is Skywall one of the newer servers?

AeroGod

Scoot said:
You are leaving Eredar?
/cry

too bad i never found out who you were :p

I didnt leave Eredar totally, im just playing some alts. Orcs are the only race I can stand to play on Horde side and there is no way in hell im playing a hunter on a PvP server like Eredar.

Ikse

MrAngryFace said:

So I win, but right after he does the beg for mercy animation one of the wolves bites his face and he dies. He rezed, but I was stealthed on a rock up high watching him. He spent the next 3 minutes circling around on his mount, I suspect trying to find me ;)

Wow, Rogue's wait for the enemy to engage with a mob in duels too! :lol

SyNapSe

Alex said:
I'm gonna make an Alliance character and throw rocks at you :mad:

Quick question, is Skywall one of the newer servers?

Yes, it's the newest PvE server I believe. Was opened the same time as Gurubashi. Probably 3 weeks- a month ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom