• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
jim-jam bongs said:
This patch is awesome. The engineering stuff has been a long time coming, but now I have no desire to switch my main and grind jewelcrafting or enchanting.

:lol

I like it when they shut down dumb questions from the CMs.

With regard to gheal; of course it's useful. As disc I only use it when I've got Borrowed Time but that's the point. A big spike can be all but erradicated with Shield > Penance > Gheal.

Flash is still the bread and butter heal of a priest but anyone not ever using gheal is crazy. As Ghostcrawler says, we have a lot of spells - use them.
I can sort of see Disc priests using it a little more often now that Penance won't be available quite as often. I still don't see many Holy Priests casting too many of them, since most of the time they are raid healing and it makes more sense to use your Serendipity stack to for a hasted-PoH, although I'm not entirely sure how mana effiecient PoH will be now.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
jim-jam bongs said:
Flash is still the bread and butter heal of a priest but anyone not ever using gheal is crazy. As Ghostcrawler says, we have a lot of spells - use them.

I'm one of those crazy people :D

I never felt the need to use it in ulduar, shield, penance and flash heal spam was good enough. Of course i never did alga and i hear he hits like a truck so gheal may have been useful there.

I will see how the new instance goes. If i feel the need for gheals then i will re keybind it, otherwise i wont be using it.

Angry Grimace said:
I can sort of see Disc priests using it a little more often now that Penance won't be available quite as often. I still don't see many Holy Priests casting too many of them, since most of the time they are raid healing and it makes more sense to use your Serendipity stack to for a hasted-PoH, although I'm not entirely sure how mana effiecient PoH will be now.

The Penance change is a kick in the balls that I think has more to do with geared disc priests being unkillable in pvp than anything else. Which is really annoying, because while I do enjoy a bit of pvp healing I'm primarily a raider, and it hurts me too.

The PoH changes are slightly frustrating for disc too. In holy it's a staple, but in disc it's the only party heal you've got. Most 5 mans are about shielding the party on a rotation during heavy ae damage but there are times when you want to give everyone a top-up. Hopefully the effect isn't so severe that starting up with a shield on everyone can make up for the loss of healing.

evlcookie said:
I'm one of those crazy people :D

I never felt the need to use it in ulduar, shield, penance and flash heal spam was good enough. Of course i never did alga and i hear he hits like a truck so gheal may have been useful there.

I will see how the new instance goes. If i feel the need for gheals then i will re keybind it, otherwise i wont be using it.

Fair enough. I'd expect someone with a cookie monster avatar to confess to craziness though :lol

Don't get me wrong, I know that there are ways to heal disc where you never use it. I just find that it is a helpful tool in some situations, like where the tank drops just before Frozen Blows on Hodir and there is a major deficit to fill.

Arozay

Won said:
But it's a Murloc Space Marine pet. How can you say no to that?!

Hard enough justifying Gametime costs as is, let alone for vanity crap. It's as bad as the TCG stuff, doubt it has a purpose other than eBay'able loot cards. Blizzard pretty much just mask microtransactions by tying in-game stuff to buyable RL junk.

Kyoufu

Ret paladin DPS didn't go up for me on a dummy, but the great news is that its SUSTAINED. Meaning it didn't spike up and then start falling, it was at 3.6k for around 5 minutes. Maybe my rotation was wrong but thats all I could do.

Chris R

Dragonmaw still isn't up :( Logged into one of my brothers alts on a different server, idiots selling Cardinal Rubies for 500g :lol Well, I guess they aren't idiots for listing that high, the people who buy them are the idiots. I'm expecting the price to be around 100-125g once the market settles down, but the gems are just such a non-upgrade compared to their blue versions. 4 more spell power? SIGN ME UP!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
jim-jam bongs said:
The Penance change is a kick in the balls that I think has more to do with geared disc priests being unkillable in pvp than anything else. Which is really annoying, because while I do enjoy a bit of pvp healing I'm primarily a raider, and it hurts me too.

The PoH changes are slightly frustrating for disc too. In holy it's a staple, but in disc it's the only party heal you've got. Most 5 mans are about shielding the party on a rotation during heavy ae damage but there are times when you want to give everyone a top-up. Hopefully the effect isn't so severe that starting up with a shield on everyone can make up for the loss of healing.
PoH is pretty overpowered as it was for Holy. I don't think it really wasn't designed along the lines that it could be a go-to raid heal, just a party heal so the amount it healed (~25000 assuming no crits) was and still is pretty crazy for one cast. The key to using it is to try to avoid casting it without Inner Focus.

The Penance nerf sucks, but I'm not sure what 1.6 sec. will mean in terms of the newest raids. The kick in the seat was that they nerfed the base cooldown itself rather than the Glyph that cut it's CD time by an additional 2 sec. The end result is that you are pretty much forced to take the Glyph to get 8 sec. on Penance, whereas the same result before the Glyph existed was talented. You have the same result you did in 3.0.8 before the Glyph existed by now you have to waste a Glyph slot.

Angry Grimace

Kyoufu said:
Ret paladin DPS didn't go up for me on a dummy, but the great news is that its SUSTAINED. Meaning it didn't spike up and then start falling, it was at 3.6k for around 5 minutes. Maybe my rotation was wrong but thats all I could do.
Isn't the Ret rotation just pressing buttons whenever they light up? :lol

Kyoufu said:
Seal of Vengeance?

firex

I logged in just fine. server was too laggy to do anything so I bought my warrior an heirloom chest and his epic land mount, so when it's stabilized and I have updated interface mods, I can go kick ass on him or tank shit on my pally for gear.

You can buy the weakest version of t9 with just the new emblems of triumph, so if someone is really patient and does the daily that rewards those enough, they can get a piece after like a full month of doing the 1 emblem of triumph daily.

Angry Grimace

Who wants to bet that the Trial of the Grand Crusader with 50 attempts left has a Legendary in the box :lol

Is the extra dps that vengeance has over command due to the harder hitting judgements? Is vengeance still a better dps seal than command on targets that don't have the max stack of the debuff? If so command is still totally useless. And it begs the question why is a talent WORSE than a baseline ability?

The Dark One

Angry Grimace

DarkMage619 said:
Is the extra dps that vengeance has over command due to the harder hitting judgements? Is vengeance still a better dps seal than command on targets that don't have the max stack of the debuff? If so command is still totally useless. And it begs the question why is a talent WORSE than a baseline ability?

The Dark One

I believe the math and testing has shown that Command is garbage no matter how much Blizzard tries to convince you it's buffed now and in the end worse than Righteousness. Yeah, that one you used at Level 30.

I think in the end most people will choose to just do Vengeance/Corruption all the time because the truth is that any fight in which you aren't going to be able to get the 5 stacks up your DPS is probably unnecessary.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Zaro said:
Hard enough justifying Gametime costs as is, let alone for vanity crap. It's as bad as the TCG stuff, doubt it has a purpose other than eBay'able loot cards. Blizzard pretty much just mask microtransactions by tying in-game stuff to buyable RL junk.
I always wondered why I never suckered for any of those "additional" things Blizzard throw our way, but you've made me understand why.

Kyoufu

Angry Grimace said:
I believe the math and testing has shown that Command is garbage no matter how much Blizzard tries to convince you it's buffed now and in the end worse than Righteousness. Yeah, that one you used at Level 30.

I think in the end most people will choose to just do Vengeance/Corruption all the time because the truth is that any fight in which you aren't going to be able to get the 5 stacks up your DPS is probably unnecessary.

Command is a PVP seal. Its not worse than Righteousness because in order for SoR to be better it needs to be talented into SotP and glyphed but Ret PVP talents do not allow that...

so Command > Righteousness

thatbox

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Command is a PVP seal. Its not worse than Righteousness because in order for SoR to be better it needs to be talented into SotP and glyphed but Ret PVP talents do not allow that...

Righteousness will be my PVP seal because I need to be able to PVE in each of my dual specs (Holy and Ret). With 5/5 SotP it does more damage than Command unless you consistently have 4 targets within DS range. Command continues to have shitty Judgement damage, another strike against it for PVP.

Angry Grimace

Kyoufu said:

It's sounding like one shouldn't use Command anyways as all the math shows that it sucks regardless. i.e. Righteousness is better with SotP, but it still sucks.

EJ were recommending just using Vengeance for everything. :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I did the 5 man heroic with a PUG, and man did we wipe alot. :lol Nobody knew what to do. But eh, i got some nice cloth boots ilvl 219 on last boss. :)

firex

corruption is the better pvp seal over command because outside of cloak of skill/possibly vanish it is a good anti-rogue ability, and the holy damage bonus now procs regardless of how many stacks, but increases in damage as more stacks are applied.

command just sucks period. Really wish blizzard would just get the fuck away from tying it in to dps librams.

edit: also pretty surprised at the earth shock/wind shock changes. They need to take it further and just unlink all the shock cooldowns, but it's kind of cool having thunderclap built in to one of the big parts of enhance dps, I guess. though now this will make getting that Less-rabi achievement even more frustrating, unless the newly-added interrupt components to arcane torrent/etc. work for it too.

Can now create characters on both factions on PVP servers; not a bug according to a blue. You liked trade chat before? Well the best just got BETTER.

Cleared heroic TOC 5-man in a pug on the first try and the Northrend servers on my server crashed immediately afterwards, so probably won't get on for a bit again. TOC 5-man was fun, but a skip button on the lore stuff would be nice, at least after it's been cleared once.

border

Fun fact for Engineers:

Because your engineering goggles already have the FUCKING USELESS "Use: Press to see far into the distance" function on them, you cannot attach the Mind Control Dish that was added in this patch to your engineering goggles. Of course you probably will not realize this until you've wasted money on the materials to craft the dish.

*Sigh*

Can anyone recommend a decent new DPS Plate Helm, that can be gotten without a lot of raid time?

So I made a horde death knight on dragonmaw to gank my alliance guildies there :lol

His name is Gankguildies.

Blizz is so dumb that they allow this...

border said:
Fun fact for Engineers:

Because your engineering goggles already have the FUCKING USELESS "Use: Press to see far into the distance" function on them, you cannot attach the Mind Control Dish that was added in this patch to your engineering goggles. Of course you probably will not realize this until you've wasted money on the materials to craft the dish.

*Sigh*

Can anyone recommend a decent new DPS Plate Helm, that can be gotten without a lot of raid time?

That's extremely disappointing. I hope they change that in the future. The only reason I ever "look into the distance" is just to show my friends who haven't seen it. I think I used it once in AB but since I'm a hunter, I just eagle eye. I'd much rather have the mind control.

Not happy about different faction characters in PvP realms. It's like they're slowly changing everything from the old days. I still wish we had the exclusive classes with Shamans and Paladins. I don't like the stinkin' Pally's on our team. :lol

border

The other sad part is that if you do use the Mind Amplification Dish on a helm, it turns that helm into the lame Gnomish Engineering Cap graphic.....and that helm will display even if you turn helms off.

On the bright side, I love all the convenience items in the new patch. The Wormhole Generator will teleport me to 1 of 4 different Northrend zones. The Argent Crusade tabard will teleport me to the Argent Tournament grounds every 30 minutes. The Argent Gruntling will now run mail/bank/AH remotely. The cooldown on my Mailbot is reduced.

I haven't even found the schematic for Jeeves yet, but that should be a nice addition to the family of gizmos.

Weenerz

Banned
2 shot the regular 25 man version of the Northrend Beasts, not too bad. XT-002 was either fixed or bugged, but he spawns a fucking load of adds now :lol

My alt is in Forgotten Coast and it always is one of the first servers back. My main is in Burning Legion and it seems like we're always in the back. Blizzard taunts me with their crazy ways. :lol

border

Daggerspine is dead too now. It isn't on the Realm Status page, but I am stuck at the loading screen even for characters that are housed on unpopulated continents (Outland).

Quake1028

2yla8w4.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Only took 3 eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom