• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

This may sound dumb as hell, but is there anything "underneath" the Colosseum? On the test server I went into the 5-man instance once, and fell through the floor into this weird cave place with a bunch of ooze and stuff. This was in the instance itself, not the overworld.

The fall was so far that it killed me, so I couldn't walk around and see anything.....I had meant to go back in with a Soulstone and see what was up, but by the time I got around to it they'd patched the hole in the geometry.

I was thinking Xabora or one of the other resident hackers might know something about this.

border said:
This may sound dumb as hell, but is there anything "underneath" the Colosseum? On the test server I went into the 5-man instance once, and fell through the floor into this weird cave place with a bunch of ooze and stuff. This was in the instance itself, not the overworld.

The fall was so far that it killed me, so I couldn't walk around and see anything.....I had meant to go back in with a Soulstone and see what was up, but by the time I got around to it they'd patched the hole in the geometry.

I was thinking Xabora or one of the other resident hackers might know something about this.
? How could you not know the answer to that. Anub'Arak is underneath.

Anyways, my guild imploded, yay. A bit annoying, all it was was the usual summer burn, but couldn't find decent officers to keep that from sinking the ship. It's a convenience more than anything to be honest, we can finally get a good 10m guild rolling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got three upgrades for my alt in the new 5 man.

Items are same values they were on test realm, but not lvl 219

border

Son of Godzilla said:
? How could you not know the answer to that. Anub'Arak is underneath.
Well, when I fell through the floor it was in the 5-man instance.....Anub'Arak isn't in that, is he?

I knew he was a boss for the 10/25-man raids, but I didn't think he was in some area below the Colosseum. I wouldn't expect that area would still be a part of the 5-man instance either.....maybe he'll be added to it later?

border said:
Well, when I fell through the floor it was in the 5-man instance.....Anub'Arak isn't in that, is he?

I knew he was a boss for the 10/25-man raids, but I didn't think he was in some area below the Colosseum. I wouldn't expect that area would still be a part of the 5-man instance either.....maybe he'll be added to it later?
No reason to use a different set for 5/10/25 when they could... not. This is one of the cheapest content additions ever! Hell instead of making 10 different armor sets they did what, 4 and colored em?

border

Amusing exchange from my realm's forums (the only time I visit is of course when the server is down):

ATTN: Daggerspine Women
Was thinking of doing an all gurls ^.^ naxxramas 25woman. It would be fun to do a raid without boys being annoying, and making immature comment's PST me in-game if interested. =)

First reply:
I'm not sure a raid of 25 healers would get very far.

Tamanon

Banned
border said:
Amusing exchange from my realm's forums (the only time I visit is of course when the server is down):

ATTN: Daggerspine Women
Was thinking of doing an all gurls ^.^ naxxramas 25woman. It would be fun to do a raid without boys being annoying, and making immature comment's PST me in-game if interested. =)

First reply:
I'm not sure a raid of 25 healers would get very far.

I bet $5 that even in an all-female raid, over half of them would be guys.

firex

The new 5 man is pretty awesome and an easy way to get geared up. Just did it on normal and heroic and got a new healer chest off normal, would've gotten a new healer mace (for offspec) except it was better than the healer's current weapon.

J-Rzez

So... they're adding a new fight every week again? We got through the minotaur thing, the achievement for the worms, then the funny fight after that where that snowman stuns himself into the wall. Got our loot, then we went to talk to the guy and he said next week so and so should arrive. Bah.

The new heroic is kinda fun. Took us 10-15mins to clear it on heroic. Good gear drops from there. Some of our new raiders got upgrades even from it. I know there's some things that drop from it that my main can use too. I'll be taking my alts in there now for sure though. Nice spell weapon dropped in there my Lock could use, better than KT 10man weapon I have on it now.

Lost ~2400hp on my DK, and ~1% dodge from the nerfs.

border

It's probably unfair to say that all girls who play the game are healers, as I've seen plenty of female mages and hunters. But in 5 years I can't say I've met a single female tank....are they out there?

firex

border said:
It's probably unfair to say that all girls who play the game are healers, as I've seen plenty of female mages and hunters. But in 5 years I can't say I've met a single female tank....are they out there?
yes? Back in vanilla my old guild had a couple girls who played warriors.

border said:

There's a couple of pally tanks in my guild; they're okay.

Xabora

border said:
They share the same instance zone info and mesh, so the breaking animation is only triggered for the Anub'Arak intro.

border said:

Classes I have encountered women playing:

- Priest
- Druid (including tank)
- Hunter
- Warrior (including tank)
- Mage
- Warlock
- Paladin (including tank)
- Rogue
- Death Knight
- Shaman

ok I lied about shaman

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
My gf has played (and raided up to Kil'Jaeden as): Warlock, Shaman (elemental), Mage and Druid (resto/boomkin). And she is now enjoying her feral druid (tank), blood dk (tank) and prot warrior (also tank), she also leveled a priest for healing but she didn't like it that much.

thatbox

Banned
VGChampion said:
My alt is in Forgotten Coast and it always is one of the first servers back. My main is in Burning Legion and it seems like we're always in the back. Blizzard taunts me with their crazy ways. :lol
I raid on Burning Legion. I'm GM of a 10man guild that's shutting down this week, but I also raid with a very good 25-man guild Hordeside. I'm Anohako and Sonohako, what's your main's name?
cubicle47b said:
Yeah, Beasts are easy. We didn't look up the abilities going in and took maybe 4 attempts to kill them (25 man).
Took us exactly 4 attempts on 25. Doing it in 10-man actually seemed tougher.

Interfectum

VaLiancY said:
Anyone noticing an extra talent point in their talent window?

yup, its a glitch... don't spend it. i spent mine, then switched specs, then switched back and it took a point away from something else and kept the new point where it was. now i have to respec. :lol

I haven't tried the 10-man but, I did do the 5 man 3 times on normal. I don't really like it. It's so small and short and the first encounter feels badly designed with it throwing you off your mount and into a boss fight while you still have your lance on. 2 or 3 people did the fight with their lance on each time.

I'm 89/100 for mountain of mounts now thanks to the new undead horse and the dragonhawk I bought. I also started the Ravasaur quest line. That first quest is really annoying but it looks like the dailies are easy. It sure beats the hell out of the bullshit grind you have to do to get the Winterspring frostsabre.

Did the quest helper like map markers not make it in? I was kind of looking forward to that but, I don't see it anywhere.

VAIL

border said:

I know a girl who rocks a hunter and warrior, but yeah most of the others are mages/priests and the oddball rouge.

Kyoufu

So...

I went from 4.2k dps pre-update to 2.8k post patch. Will get a chance to test single target DPS tomorrow but with all the moving around needed in Ulduar I'm not very hopeful :'(

Interfectum

Seeds said:
I'm guessing that as a new player, choosing a recommended player is the best thing I can do. Right?

You mean recommended server? Nah... just go with a medium pop PvE server.

If you want to do PvP later on you can transfer over, but do NOT level on a PvP server.

VAIL

Interfectum said:
You mean recommended server? Nah... just go with a medium pop PvE server.

If you want to do PvP later on you can transfer over, but do NOT level on a PvP server.

Truth right there.

TheExodu5

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I quit WoW again. Wooo!

By "I quit Wow again. Wooo!", I clearly meant "I rerolled Horde on a PvE server. Wooo!".

=\

Btw, I highly agree with interfection. DO NOT level on a PvP server. It's not fun, especially if you have no 80 friends. If you have 80 friends or alts, it's bearable, but alone, hell no.

TBH, world PvP in WoW has never been very good, and is not worth the hassle.

Macattk15

We wiped once on Northrend Beasts 25 man version and then killed them the next try. One of our casters got a really nice dagger ... and someone got a nice caster cloak.

Then we went to do XT and were overwhelmed, hopefully that's hotfixed tonight.

Evlar

Banned
So... as an 80 Disc Priest running around in sucky quest blues and greens what's a sensible upgrade path these days? Meaning, ideas on instances to run and/or rep to grind. Something I could do with PUGs, at least at first.

kai3345

Banned
So I hit 55 yesterday just from doing alterac valley.

So I sarted up my WotLK trial to make a DK and for some reason I have to redownload every patch that's post 3.0

It was going by pretty quick....until I hit 3.1 the est. DL time is 3 hours for that one :O

Anyone know why i have to re-download all them patches?
Or a way I can speed it up?

Evlar

Banned
ianswoody said:
Okay, so the Zepp from Org to TB seems pretty useless to me. Unless you don't have 55 copper for the Flight Master...
It's for people who don't have the flight path. Most players will probably use it only once, like the boat from Darnassus to Auberdine.

Evlar said:
So... as an 80 Disc Priest running around in sucky quest blues and greens what's a sensible upgrade path these days? Meaning, ideas on instances to run and/or rep to grind. Something I could do with PUGs, at least at first.

You want rep with Sons of Hodir for the shoulder enchant, Wyrmrest for the spell power / mp5 head enchant and then whatever benefits your professions the most. You can run the easiest heroics (Utgarde Keep, the Nexus, etc.) for emblems which will upgrade you very quickly thanks to the 3.2 patch. A few pieces like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45822 are extremely easy to get and go a long way in gearing you up.

Wrekt

Interfectum said:
Why not? I've leveled two characters to 70+ and at least 5 more in the 30-60 range and ganking has cost me a grand total of about 10 minutes in corpse runs. I'm sure I've saved more time killing other characters at quest mob locations than I've spent running back to my corpse.

Stay away from Northern STV and you will be fine. Leveling in old world is boring. Don't make it mindless by rolling PvE.

TheExodu5

Banned
Wrekt said:
Why not? I've leveled two characters to 70+ and at least 5 more in the 30-60 range and ganking has cost me a grand total of about 10 minutes in corpse runs. I'm sure I've saved more time killing other characters at quest mob locations than I've spent running back to my corpse.

Stay away from Northern STV and you will be fine. Leveling in old world is boring. Don't make it mindless by rolling PvE.

That's a gross underexaggeration and you know it.

One corpse run in Tanaris will cost you 3+ minutes.

Evlar said:
It's for people who don't have the flight path. Most players will probably use it only once, like the boat from Darnassus to Auberdine.

Can be used to raid from Org to TB too, though that would be kinda pointless unless it was twilight hours. It would make for a hilarious scene though.

Wrekt

TheExodu5 said:
That's a gross underexaggeration and you know it.

One corpse run in Tanaris will cost you 3+ minutes.
It's not at all. I admit that I leveled a bit ahead of the curve in Vanilla and BC and I knew which areas to avoid from beta. I have multiple level 40 somethings that have never died to pvp and I don't think my Warrior in vanilla got ganked until he hit Un'Goro. My Pally in BC didn't get ganked until Felwood and didn't get ganked again until after he hit 70. I've never died in Tanaris so I don't know how bad the CR is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom